3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:05:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wodanswolf45 Go to Quoted Post
I won the new BMW yesterday and went to get a tune for it and the message popped up TO MANY TUNING SAVES DELETE SOME. so i sold a few cars on the AH and deleted some from my garage. about 50 cars all up. guess what still wont let me put a tune on any car. weirdly if i delete a tune from an existing car in my garage then i can add a new tune to a car. anyone else seen this BUG / GLITCH before ?

It's not bug it's work just like PG wants. Removing or selling car DONT remove tune it have so i guess you have now punch of downloaded tunes for cars that you dont own anymore. So if you want to release more room to tunes you need to remove tunes not cars.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:45:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
I won the new BMW yesterday and went to get a tune for it and the message popped up TO MANY TUNING SAVES DELETE SOME. so i sold a few cars on the AH and deleted some from my garage. about 50 cars all up. guess what still wont let me put a tune on any car. weirdly if i delete a tune from an existing car in my garage then i can add a new tune to a car. anyone else seen this BUG / GLITCH before ?

It's not bug it's work just like PG wants. Removing or selling car DONT remove tune it have so i guess you have now punch of downloaded tunes for cars that you dont own anymore. So if you want to release more room to tunes you need to remove tunes not cars.

If you can only delete tunes from cars that you own you could call it a bug that the game has a warning for tunes that you can't delete. To fix the bug you would need a tunes search that works for all cars, and not the one that you are in.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:38:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

thanks for your help. all fixed now. i re purchased the cars and deleted the tune then deleted the car.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:33:05 PM(UTC)
Thanks for your response but not really the answer i was looking for.
.....but as it turned out, it actually was!
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:42:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your response but not really the answer i was looking for.
.....but as it turned out, it actually was!

LOL i realise that now. thanks again. took me a while to fix but all done.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:50:28 PM(UTC)
Same issue for me, and it's not possible to show all tunes i've created...
i had to go to every single car, get in and search for tunes.

That is the most frusttrating think i've ever had in a videogame :(
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:31:09 AM(UTC)
LOL i realise that now. thanks again. took me a while to fix but all done.
No bother! I mentioned it because I realised a while back that regardless of which way you go about it, it is an absolute time-consuming ba11ache, but these are the only ways to locate and delete unwanted tune setups. I had over 480 to deal with and had to got through all 700+ cars I had at the time in order to track down every tune I no longer wanted. Took me well over a week, after which I created a spreadsheet to keep track of which cars had what tune (all self created now), so easy to track where my 500 tunes are at any one.

Just a shame the developers never added simple search options in the "Creative Hub" to allow you to choose between downloaded and self-created tunes, with the ability to delete tunes from within the "Creative Hub" as opposed to having to open each and every car individually to see if it even has a tune associated with it.

Anyway, glad you sorted out the issue.

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:32:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 4:47:59 AM(UTC)
Be good if we could save a "design" RE a paint, wheel colours, vinyl etc, and THAT SINGLE DESIGN can be replicated on your cars! Save space, save having to do it all the time. I literally use 2 designs for my cars, a black prismacolour with black-grey camo vinyl for grip/drag cars and a white prismacolour with black-grey camo for snow/dirt/drift cars. But I have to have over 500 design files of the same thing?!?!?!?!
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 7:31:42 AM(UTC)
Hi all, for the past week I have been getting the error message saying "You have too many saves of this file type".
It is taking all the joy of the game away as I can't move on. I have deleted countless tunes and paint jobs and also tons of cars. I have reset the game and uninstalled and then reinstalled.
Please can someone help me?
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 8:21:33 AM(UTC)
I've had it happen if I have too many cars or paint jobs, but after deleting some I'm good to go.

Sounds like you already tried that with no success. What specifically are you trying to save when you get this message?
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 9:25:09 AM(UTC)
Make sure you delete the tunes first you have for a certain car before deleting that car. I don't think just deleting the car will delete any tunes you have downloaded for it.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 14, 2020 9:25:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:13:36 AM(UTC)
Yeah exactly - deleting the car doesn't do jack.

Delete photos, replays, tunes, saved paintjobs/liveries. Then you should be good.

If all else fails - try a hard reset, switch off console completely. Turn back on a few minutes later.
#38 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 9:16:39 AM(UTC)
I was deleting tunes today, and I noticed that tunes stay on the car even if you delete them... so basically you could delete all of them.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 7:43:11 PM(UTC)
Hello friends, I need a help from my FH4 now with the following message: "many saved files. There are many saved files of this type. Before saving another one, delete some with the file manager." And I just can't save the paintings if the car's tuning plus what should I do? PS: Play on XBOX ONE. I appreciate anyone who can help me !! = (
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:39:53 AM(UTC)
You have save over existing file which doesn't allow you to delete other saves, but save as a new file does allow you to delete other saves. So save as a new file, and delete some other saves that are no longer used on other cars.

I also read that you can auction a car for a very high price so that it doesn't sell, and delete its design, and then when you get the car back it keeps its design even though you deleted it. I would only use that idea on designs that you might risk losing, that you don't care about. Make sure that you have the design in your HUB as a backup.
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:40:52 AM(UTC)
Many players screwed with that known issue : https://support.forzamot...1991068-FH4-Known-Issues
Log a ticket: https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new
this said so you can try searching forum, many met the issue, not sure anyone found a definitive solution since acknowledged as known issue.

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:41:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:32:44 AM(UTC)
Sorry to say that you just need to delete some tunes and paint jobs that you aren't using
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:33:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jerakeen2826 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to say that you just need to delete some tunes and paint jobs that you aren't using

I already uninstalled some files thinking it was that but it didn't solve the problem = (
but thanks for the help! =)

#44 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:36:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Many players screwed with that known issue : https://support.forzamot...1991068-FH4-Known-Issues
Log a ticket: https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new
this said so you can try searching forum, many met the issue, not sure anyone found a definitive solution since acknowledged as known issue.

Thanks for the help I will search this link!
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 4:45:42 AM(UTC)
Not tested and no warranty of it but FH4 being what it is, I would not be surprise some counter of the files ( tunes, liveries ) is not well taking in account the deletions done. Therefore it could be worth trying to delete local saves and resync ( restart the game )
Be aware such action comes with some major risk, the sync error of death. This sync issue totally wipes your profile with no way back. That is Microsoft considering your saves ... for years now. ..
What I would do in case of sync issue : If by bad luck resync does not complete after 2 hours ( meaning indeed 120mn & 0% progress ), not hit retry, not hit cancel. Kill the app from PC/hard reset on xbox, clean local saves, try again.
Last time I went for sync, it took 10mn before displaying 1% .... stressful 10mn ...

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 4:46:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 5:34:48 AM(UTC)
It still amazes me that they still think it's ok to give us more vehicles than there are save files. Whoever thought that someone would want to tune and/or paint every vehicle in the garage!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:29:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
It still amazes me that they still think it's ok to give us more vehicles than there are save files. Whoever thought that someone would want to tune and/or paint every vehicle in the garage!!

If you only use one tune on a car you can delete it, the car remembers what tune it has on it.
 2 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 10:15:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

If you only use one tune on a car you can delete it, the car remembers what tune it has on it.

with the limitation you will not be able to share that tune and no way back if you modify it for testing.

For me, the issue of number of tunes lies more on the lack of ways to administrate tunes than on the number of tunes available. They could put 3000 tunes that we would still find ourselves, some day, having to scroll the garage in guess for a car to remove tunes from. Numerous ways to manage that issue, just they picked the most short term / ineffective one.
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 5:53:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I understand that but for a "tuner" or "painter" that share their creations for others you need the space to have multiple shares.

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 6:35:55 AM(UTC)
Another management design failure is that a different factory paint counts as a new livery you have to save. Been like that sonce M5.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error