This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages<<234Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 8:39:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlattfussGDfan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
They are actually all real life cars...the ones in this pack

I know. Doesn't make them look better.
But yeah, at least these are real cars, not like the Chryslus Rocket '69 in FM6.

Just wanted to add that its not that bad for me as it sounded, I got many amazing group c cars over the year, I'm totally fine with the car list.
And I will try out most of these cars for sure.

Originally Posted by: Spacewolf1 Go to Quoted Post
Free for all is good.
But… when will we have the last car pass DLC ???

There is no further car pass DLC.
I'm pretty sure this Hot Wheels car pack is the last promised free car pack.
And thats ok for me, because I'm coming close to the 900 cars garage limit, if they don't stop.
They literally spammed the fans with compensation for the messy game (and the game was never unplayable bad anyway).
For most of these free cars and car packs I would have paid good money for.

I would be very surprised if they don't stop the support for this game by the end of the year.

There was supposed to be 1 more pack for car pass buyers
This pack is free for everyone..not just car pass

Anyway we will see what happens next month

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite 😠😠
 5 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 8:57:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. This pack is free, two other car packs have been free to car pass owners that were originally not planned to be free. Maybe they aren’t the perfect cars but how can complaining about receiving free DLC possibly be worth anyone’s time? Just don’t use them if you don’t like them.

The problem is not directly the car pack itself.
Its what it stands for.

Many FM enthusiasts fearing, FM is getting more and more Horizon-like and less serious racing.
I personally lost already the "The Crew" and "Need for Speed" franchises to the social media crowd and Forza Horizon 4 is pretty close to that point, too.
There are not many racing games left without these bright colors, "get follower to be awesome"-mechanics, ridiculous cosmetic items YOU HAVE TO SEE in the podium ceremony, enormous big arrow signs at every corner, awful hipster soundtracks, annoying tutorials etc.
 2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:30:10 PM(UTC)
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. This pack is free, two other car packs have been free to car pass owners that were originally not planned to be free. Maybe they aren’t the perfect cars but how can complaining about receiving free DLC possibly be worth anyone’s time? Just don’t use them if you don’t like them.

Its what it stands for.

Many FM enthusiasts fearing, FM is getting more and more Horizon-like and less serious racing.
I personally lost already the "The Crew" and "Need for Speed" franchises to the social media crowd and Forza Horizon 4 is pretty close to that point, too.
There are not many racing games left without these bright colors, "get follower to be awesome"-mechanics, ridiculous cosmetic items YOU HAVE TO SEE in the podium ceremony, enormous big arrow signs at every corner, awful hipster soundtracks, annoying tutorials etc.

Very well said. I don't subscribe to the "it's free so I must embrace it" mentality. For me, these cars represent a further dumbing down of the FM brand. The game doesn't need more cars anyway, how many is enough? Turn10 have issues to deal with which are way more deserving of their time and efforts.

#79 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 11:55:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post

Its what it stands for.

Very well said. I don't subscribe to the "it's free so I must embrace it" mentality. For me, these cars represent a further dumbing down of the FM brand. The game doesn't need more cars anyway, how many is enough? Turn10 have issues to deal with which are way more deserving of their time and efforts.

They have issues to deal with, yes. But there are plenty of legendary race cars left out that should be in the game. If you look at my post on car wish list thread (page 67), you'll see for yourself how many cars they could still add.

3 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:26:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalCurve22 Go to Quoted Post
They have issues to deal with, yes. But there are plenty of legendary race cars left out that should be in the game. If you look at my post on car wish list thread (page 67), you'll see for yourself how many cars they could still add.

There are always cars they could add to the game.
But you should not forget a small problem, that comes around the corner sometimes: LICENSING!

There seems to be problems with Toyota/Lexus and Mitsubishi at the moment, so no GT-ONE, LFA, Supra or other Evos, we have to accept that.
And I think there are many wished cars on your list, where it can be very difficult to get the specs, soundfiles etc. for it.
Especially the old race cars could be very difficult to get information from.
But yeah, the GT1 race cars would be really, really cool.
 3 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:13:11 AM(UTC)

And thats ok for me, because I'm coming close to the 900 cars garage limit, if they don't stop.
They literally spammed the fans with compensation for the messy game (and the game was never unplayable bad anyway).

I would be very surprised if they don't stop the support for this game by the end of the year.

I believe you're incorrect on the point which I've bolded. When the original two additional Car Packs were announced (in August, I think) I'm fairly sure that it was stipulated that there would be two additional packs for Car Pass owners, only one of which we've since seen. The HW pack is free for ALL players, not just Car Pass owners.

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:15:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:18:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mugen No Yoru Go to Quoted Post
"50th Anniversary of Hotwheels" there....right there is the reason for this car pack...because they have a partnership with Hotwheels.......and it's the 50th anniversary of Hotwheels. Sooooooooooooooooooooo.......yeah.

If only that explanation was good enough for the good people of this community... but I have a feeling it's not.

I don't think the wishlist has anything to do with this car pack for the reason stated in the quote.

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:27:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Follow me on Facebook & on Twitter! :)
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:57:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

I believe you're incorrect on the point which I've bolded. When the original two additional Car Packs were announced (in August, I think) I'm fairly sure that it was stipulated that there would be two additional packs for Car Pass owners, only one of which we've since seen. The HW pack is free for ALL players, not just Car Pass owners.

Yes, I think you're right, my mistake.
I wasn't sure on that point anyway, should have been clearer on that, sorry.

But you have to admit, it's pretty strange that we never got ANY hint after that announcement again.
They could at least tease us a bit, to keep that in mind of the fans.
When even I (who plays the game nearly every day, visits this forum pretty often) don't know for sure whats going on, than something is not going well.

I know there are these Forza Monthlys (and one coming pretty soon), wich is a big improvement for sure, but they could be much more clearer on whats coming and what not.
A big and clear roadmap thats being shown in every weeks news as a reminder would be cool.
Think of the roadmap Bungie is posting for Destiny 2.
Yes, something can go wrong and maybe they have to push things back a month or 2 sometimes, but that would be absolutely ok for me, if they communicate that.
I think these guys do a great job, especially Chris Esaki is a really sympathetic guy, but more communication with the ultrahardcoremonster fanbase is key.
Say clearly whats coming, destroy the fears with actions.

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 12:00:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 7:58:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetalCurve22 Go to Quoted Post

There are always cars they could add to the game.
But you should not forget a small problem, that comes around the corner sometimes: LICENSING!

There seems to be problems with Toyota/Lexus and Mitsubishi at the moment, so no GT-ONE, LFA, Supra or other Evos, we have to accept that.
And I think there are many wished cars on your list, where it can be very difficult to get the specs, soundfiles etc. for it.
Especially the old race cars could be very difficult to get information from.
But yeah, the GT1 race cars would be really, really cool.

Makes sense, but I still don't understand how there's the Toyota Eagle Mk III, but no Toyota 7 or Toyota GT-ONE and Toyota 88C-V. I'm a bit confused about that.

5 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:23:35 PM(UTC)
Because the Eagle isn’t a Toyota, just has a Toyota engine.
#86 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 1:14:08 PM(UTC)

Yes, I think you're right, my mistake.
I wasn't sure on that point anyway, should have been clearer on that, sorry.

But you have to admit, it's pretty strange that we never got ANY hint after that announcement again.
They could at least tease us a bit, to keep that in mind of the fans.
When even I (who plays the game nearly every day, visits this forum pretty often) don't know for sure whats going on, than something is not going well.

I know there are these Forza Monthlys (and one coming pretty soon), wich is a big improvement for sure, but they could be much more clearer on whats coming and what not.
A big and clear roadmap thats being shown in every weeks news as a reminder would be cool.
Think of the roadmap Bungie is posting for Destiny 2.
Yes, something can go wrong and maybe they have to push things back a month or 2 sometimes, but that would be absolutely ok for me, if they communicate that.
I think these guys do a great job, especially Chris Esaki is a really sympathetic guy, but more communication with the ultrahardcoremonster fanbase is key.
Say clearly whats coming, destroy the fears with actions.

No problem; only just put 2 and 2 together myself on that.

Yes, it is strange that they've been so silent on the (for now) last Car Pass-specific pack, but it's not entirely unlike them.

As far as your Destiny comparo goes: while I don't play that game, I think it's safe to assume that there are very few licensing issues. I dont think people realize how much licensing matters in this world. I've never seen licensing agreements myself, but as someone who works in the car industry, I know how razor-sharp manufacturers are when it comes to discussing/promoting/allowing use of their product, and that they are verrrrrry cagey when it comes to discussing competing car brands, or how their vehicle looks beside one from another manufacturer. I wouldn't be surprised if everything from the number of times players are gently directed to use a certain vehicle, to when a vehicle arrives to the game in a given product cycle, to which other vehicles may be in a given pack, to whether or not a vehicle is given as a prize car or not and on and on and on is considered. I have a feeling that's what caused issues back in the Jalopnik "you vote, we provide" days, and I have a feeling that's what we're seeing again now. That stuff takes time, and with lawyers billing by the hour, T10/MS/PG wants to make sure they get their money's worth.

UPDATE: from the Nov 6 update thread, speak of the devil:

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The show is live now with Chris Esaki, Kari, and Jenn Lane

• Spotlight car: Porsche 917/30 free for everyone
  • Hot Wheels Car Pack: free for all players, "not the next pack in the Car Pass, more to come on that."
  • Race Shop: replacing Prize Crates, the stock of Driver Gear, Mods, and Badges resets every 6 minutes.
  • Forza Fundamentals
  • ForzaRC 2018 recap

Now THAT'S what I call a 917! Be still, my heart...

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:41:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#87 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 3:44:49 PM(UTC)
As far as your Destiny comparo goes: while I don't play that game, I think it's safe to assume that there are very few licensing issues. I dont think people realize how much licensing matters in this world. I've never seen licensing agreements myself, but as someone who works in the car industry, I know how razor-sharp manufacturers are when it comes to discussing/promoting/allowing use of their product, and they are verrrrrry cagey when it comes to discussing competing car brands, or how their vehicle looks beside one from another manufacturer. I wouldn't be surprised in everything from the number of times players are gently directed to use a certain vehicle, to when a vehicle arrives to the game in a given product cycle, to which other vehicles may be in a given pack, to whether or not a vehicle is given as a prize car or not and on and on and on is considered. I have a feeling that's what caused issues back n the Jalopnik "you vote, we provide" days, and I have a feeling that's what we're seeing again now. That stuff takes time, and with lawyers billing by the hour, T10/MS/PG wants to make sure they get their money's worth.

You're right, with what you said, but with "roadmap" I meant a clear way to show the updates to the game coming in the future with dates, or planned dates.
Basically they did that with words in the stream that just ended, but a map like the one they showed for FH4 would be good for FM7, too.
In EVERY news, as specific as they can do.

Only for the updates coming and not DLC.

Quote:
UPDATE: from the Nov 6 update thread, speak of the devil:

Yeah, posted my thoughts about that in the other thread.
I skipped the ForzaRC parts, to be honest.
Can't see that anymore for a while.

Quote:
Now THAT'S what I call a 917! Be still, my heart...

Yes, another surprise for me.
I thought, the Hot Wheels cars would be the "spotlight" this month.
Can't wait to crash it unintentionally in the green hell :-D
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:58:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Mayze x Go to Quoted Post
I knew this thread would be full of whining and complaining over FREE CARS! In a game where there are over 700+ cars it's never good enough. If you don't like the cars then don't drive them. SMH....

Thank you Turn 10 for this FREE car pack!

just sad that a lot of work and time is running in that - i would like to see the exising cars being fixed - we have so manny cars with useles mirrors and wrong camera positions from onboard ... as you say - we have 700 cars - make them work instead of adding new content all the time

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:58:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:19:38 PM(UTC)
More motorsport based content coming to Forza 7.Those of you complaining about real tracks should be happy with this upcoming new track........
Hor wheels track
 5 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:23:42 PM(UTC)
Am hearing some great new motorsport cars are also in the pipeline...And no complaining

[img]null[/img]Chitty

Noddy
#91 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:36:40 AM(UTC)

Its what it stands for.

I feel exactly the opposite about it.

Take a look at all of the Spotlight cars we got since the concept was introduced in July (I think). All of them, without exception, are either race cars or road cars with a heavy emphasis on track day driving. To me, this means there's a wish from the team to make this game more serious.

This is an impression I also have upon analyzing the paid DLC we got. Yes, the SUV-heavy DLC gave us cars that would hardly feature in any NFS game, such as the Bugatti Type 35 and the Alfa Romeo 8C 2300, among others. The 964 Turbo S Leichtbau is one of the most hardcore 911s ever made, the Greenwood Corvette is a beast, the 924 Carrera GTS is a club racing variant of the 924... I could go on and on.

Hot Wheels cars are a drop of laid-back content in a world of cars that feel very much at home in Forza Motorsport. And they're a welcome one, too: I fully expect drag racers to enjoy the Twin Mill and the Bone Shaker. The other cars aren't half-bad either, especially when you consider not all people race upgraded cars in the game and it's always cool to see how a pre-tuned Beetle would fare against supercars of its day.

If you ask me, the "seriousness" you see in games like Project CARS is really overdone. It's as if Project CARS tries way too hard to look "realistic" to its target demographic. The flavor text for additional content puts more emphasis on its alleged accuracy than on the content itself. This philosophy has trickled down to overdone visual effects in the past.

And don't get me started on Gran Turismo's utterly cringeworthy elitism...
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#92 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:39:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Take a look at all of the Spotlight cars we got since the concept was introduced in July (I think). All of them, without exception, are either race cars or road cars with a heavy emphasis on track day driving. To me, this means there's a wish from the team to make this game more serious.

It started in May with the 2018 Honda Civic Type R I think.
And you're right.
These spotlight cars were all really amazing and I would have paid good money for them.

To be honest: I thought these Hot Wheels cars would be the spotlight cars for this month.
And I still don't like them.
They look out of place, especially the Twin Mill, Rip Rod and Bone Shaker.
But I didn't thought about drag racing, and I understand your point.
It's just not my thing.

And I'm not disappointed anymore, because I got a 917/30 for free.

Quote:
This is an impression I also have upon analyzing the paid DLC we got. Yes, the SUV-heavy DLC gave us cars that would hardly feature in any NFS game, such as the Bugatti Type 35 and the Alfa Romeo 8C 2300, among others. The 964 Turbo S Leichtbau is one of the most hardcore 911s ever made, the Greenwood Corvette is a beast, the 924 Carrera GTS is a club racing variant of the 924... I could go on and on.

Strange to compare these franchises, I never would do that, because they have a different target group.
The car pass had just too many SUVs in it, that was my only problem.
And I stopped buying/playing NfS games after that garbage Most Wanted (2012), so I can't really speak about them.

Quote:
If you ask me, the "seriousness" you see in games like Project CARS is really overdone. It's as if Project CARS tries way too hard to look "realistic" to its target demographic. The flavor text for additional content puts more emphasis on its alleged accuracy than on the content itself. This philosophy has trickled down to overdone visual effects in the past.

I think Project CARS was a move in the right direction, but failed to deliver.
The first game is/was unplayable with a controller, and I don't wanna buy a wheel for multiple reasons.
And it had a ton of bugs and framerate issues in the first months I played it a bit.
I gave up and never touched it again after a year.
Never bought the second one, because I have no trust in Slightly Mad Studios anymore.

But I have in Turn 10.
I'm just very concerned, they move even more to the casuals.
I lost so many franchises the last few years to them, so theres not much left to play anymore.
Basically only the Codemasters racing games and Forza.

Maybe my fears are unfounded, but who knows how the future looks like.
If I look to FH4s development the last 4 years, I'm not happy.

Quote:

Would really like to know what the problem with GT is.
I only heared, many fans were upset about content and online only and no career-mode.
But I thought that changed?
#93 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:24:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

It started in May with the 2018 Honda Civic Type R I think.
And you're right.
These spotlight cars were all really amazing and I would have paid good money for them.

To be honest: I thought these Hot Wheels cars would be the spotlight cars for this month.
And I still don't like them.
They look out of place, especially the Twin Mill, Rip Rod and Bone Shaker.
But I didn't thought about drag racing, and I understand your point.
It's just not my thing.

And I'm not disappointed anymore, because I got a 917/30 for free.

Quote:

Strange to compare these franchises, I never would do that, because they have a different target group.
The car pass had just too many SUVs in it, that was my only problem.
And I stopped buying/playing NfS games after that garbage Most Wanted (2012), so I can't really speak about them.

Quote:

I think Project CARS was a move in the right direction, but failed to deliver.
The first game is/was unplayable with a controller, and I don't wanna buy a wheel for multiple reasons.
And it had a ton of bugs and framerate issues in the first months I played it a bit.
I gave up and never touched it again after a year.
Never bought the second one, because I have no trust in Slightly Mad Studios anymore.

But I have in Turn 10.
I'm just very concerned, they move even more to the casuals.
I lost so many franchises the last few years to them, so theres not much left to play anymore.
Basically only the Codemasters racing games and Forza.

Maybe my fears are unfounded, but who knows how the future looks like.
If I look to FH4s development the last 4 years, I'm not happy.

Quote:

Would really like to know what the problem with GT is.
I only heared, many fans were upset about content and online only and no career-mode.
But I thought that changed?

When GT Sport launched it had no real single player career mode. Imagine FM7 with only leagues and online multiplayer. After alot of heat about that decision they added on a single player mode which was exactly the same as it's always been in GT. Sunday cup, drivetrain specific races, etc... They've continued to add on to it as well as add more cars on a regular basis but it feels old and recycled. Add to that in my opinion FM7 looks better and feels better than GTS. Really the only advantage is their management of the online racing and even with their system you still don't have clean racing. It's cleaner but not the be all end all system it's made out to be.

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:31:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
Half of the spotlight cars have been classic IMSA racers which could be a sign if they keep doing this long term, say another 6 months. We really need some 90s- current imsa racers now though, I hope they plan to address that.
#95 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:01:07 AM(UTC)
Hey Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a proper early racer till she crashed and Potts got his hands on her. She should totally be in the game. We need more of the early pre-war racers. Writer Ian Fleming took his inspiration for the car from a series of aero-engined racing cars built by Count Louis Zborowski in the early 1920s, christened Chitty Bang Bang. The original Chitty Bang Bang's engine was from a Zeppelin dirigible. Many post WWI racers had engines from airplanes because they were the biggest most powerful engines at the time. Big powerful engine, questionable suspension, no power steering and no brakes. That is pretty much on par with most FM7 online races.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error