This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 8 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:56:11 AM(UTC)
They may be free but are still rubbish that doesn't belong in a Forza Motorsport game. The boundaries between FM and Horizon are getting blurry.
 7 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:21:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post
They may be free but are still rubbish that doesn't belong in a Forza Motorsport game. The boundaries between FM and Horizon are getting blurry.

Absolutely.

I would have preferred ONE free car.....like a '03 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA 3.2 V6, De Tomaso Pantera, Ford GT90 Concept, Isdera Commendatore 112i (good old times of NFS2), or any car that people might have wanted from the official Wishlist. Certainly not this pack full of, in my opinion, nonsense. We already have enough clown and gingerbread man suits. What a waste of 3d modeling.

Again. This is my opinion and there's no reason why a white knight should have anything to say about it..
You got your toys? Good for you. Let me express my own thought on what they added.

If Turn 10 want the FM series to represent real motorsport, there's stuff that has to go.
You want to keep offroad vehicles? Then add offroad tracks.
You want to keep all of the suv's? Then add a mode where you can race only those. Not let a stupid troll in his heavy vehicle ruin a S class race.
I paid for all of that content, with the ultimate edition, so I would like to make the most out of it and finally use those vehicles where they're supposed to. Is it too much to ask?

And for crying out loud, bring the race regulation system, ghosted backmarkers and fixes for the numerous bugs this title still has.

Edited by user Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:13:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:25:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post

I already have answered to everything you have written here. I´ll talk to you again when you have earned the ability to read and understand my comments ;)
In addition to that I remind you that picking out the 3 statements you don´t like while completely ignoring everything else I´ve written does make you the narrow-minded person here...

I can say the same for you mate ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:23:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: staituk Go to Quoted Post
I don't mind hotwheels cars that are real cars, but not like the hotwheel cars that are hot wheels cars, ones like the twin mill and all that

The Twin Mill, Mustang, Bone Shaker and Rip Rod are all real cars, which have been built for Hot Wheels.

I have to say, I really liked the Bone Shaker in FM6. That car was really good in B and A class lobbies as an AWD acceleration beast! I had fun with it...glad it's back! :-)

2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 9:51:35 AM(UTC)
Not my cup of tea.

While there were hundreds of other options to choose from, we get Hot Wheels. To be honest, my expectations weren't high - so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 9:52:34 AM(UTC)
Nice to see this free pack with a VW Beetle !

But why did you make the Hot Wheels Beetle on a '63 model !?
While the toy is based on an "Oval" ('53 to '57)...

As owner of an Oval Beetle in real life, it's a big disappointment...

1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 9:55:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post

Again. This is my opinion and there's no reason why a white knight should have anything to say about it..
You got your toys? Good for you. Let me express my own thought on what they added.

Well, if the 'white knight' didn't make an appearance, the devs might get the feeling no one likes what was provided, which apparently isn't the case.
 6 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:00:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Well, if the 'white knight' didn't make an appearance, the devs might get the feeling no one likes what was provided, which apparently isn't the case.

Having an opinion on the content and having an opinion on the opinion of someone else are two different things.

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:46:10 AM(UTC)

Most don't, that's for sure. Also, I really doubt devs read the forums.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 1:34:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post

Most don't, that's for sure. Also, I really doubt devs read the forums.

They do, you just haven't been paying attention. T10 staff do read the forums.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 4:40:16 AM(UTC)
Everyone stay right where you are, bans incoming.

Be forewarned, I no longer recognize any difference in intent between typing profanity or quoting typed profanity.

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 4:57:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator

3 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 9:16:40 AM(UTC)
What a joke. Guess this shows us what kind of users turn10 tryes to reach. Kids, online rammers

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 9:22:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gt: fairlane305
 4 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 9:54:44 AM(UTC)
I'm of the age where I grew up on hot wheels, there was 3 channels on tv on a good day, and no video games.

So, no kid here, and no intentional ramming. But I like this car pack.
#64 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
Turn 10 must have a lot of fun if they ever come into these forums. Now we are asking them to take cars away...dangerous comments to make to Turn...oh wait, they'll never read this. Carry on.
#65 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 11:40:26 AM(UTC)
I'm of the age where I grew up on hot wheels, there was 3 channels on tv on a good day, and no video games.

Same here and my collection of Hot Wheels would rival many.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#66 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 12:36:39 PM(UTC)

OooOOooooo sounds like a challenge...
#67 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 12:39:09 PM(UTC)
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.
Hoped these Hot Wheels cars would stay in Forza Horizon.
Didn't even played the Hot Wheels expansion in Horizon 3 despite I have the Expansion Pass.

I played pretty much only with Siku cars ( Siku Toys - Wikipedia ) as a kid.
And a bit Matchbox here and there.
Hot Wheels was always too "extreme" in design, too far away from realistic designs.
Especially the Bone Shaker looks ridiculous.
Doesn't really fit in the game.

But I see why it's implemented.
They have some sort of partnership with Hot Wheels to attract kids to the Forza-Franchise.

But in the end...it's free!

#68 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 12:52:01 PM(UTC)

I've got 4 of those hot wheels black tire car cases full. 1 newer blue car case, couple of boxes of unopened cars(from when I made my own money and not using the 75 cents I got weekly that I'd spend at Walmart, riding my bicycle 6 miles one way(no, not uphill both ways, snow 6' deep and no shoes, being thankful and all that). Loads of track, boosters, some of the blue track with red/white striping. Was also the recipient of my uncle's collection that he had started in the late 60's😁
#69 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 4:38:44 PM(UTC)
Just a question, any of those cars coming to FH4? (alongside the Twin Mill and Bone Shaker)
I'm just a guy with a 58' Fury
#70 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 5:37:55 PM(UTC)
I agree with most of the posts here. But one additional comment.

The devs are catching a lot of flack in these forums, but these types of decisions are not made by devs. Your (Our) main beef is with toady overpaid managers setting in oversized offices spouting buzzwords like "synergy", "leverage" and "win-win". And they are only interested in trying to figure out how they can make next quarters reports look better to get their bonuses and drive their stock options up just long enough to cash out. And in their world, loyal fans or brand differentiation mean only as much as they can see a result on those reports. Just like all businesses cutting quality and customer service to the point that maximizes their profit margins, trying to draw arcade fans from Horizon to Motorsports and get that extra pay out is why we have dancing dolls, goofy suits, and ridiculous vehicles like the minivans, hot wheels, and other garbage. And likewise, adding drift (I have no use for) and drag racing (I like, but not the trade off) rather than focusing on the core motorsports problems is the same type of non-dev self serving management decision. As they like to say, "it's just business".

There is really no other possible explanation than trying to get those "Horizon with circuit tracks" interested cash. That's not to say there are not plenty of dev related bugs too. But the main gripe on these forums is not something the devs have any say in. They have to work on what management says to work on., and you can be sure that doesn't take into account what we want on any decision where it doesn't make a real impact on their compensation. And even on the outright bugs, the devs like know about them, and probably knew about them from the point they were introduced. But again, management makes the decisions on where resources (dev time) are spend, and what they consider "good enough" (bottom line, it won't cause lost sales). The only way you will get their attention is if a large enough group of us leave and go to competitors. They will inevitably make noises to the contrary, particularly in their pep-rally meetings intended to drive the devs to produce more for/with less (plaques and certificates in lieu of real compensation) but they quite literally don't care about anything else.
 2 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 5:48:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlattfussGDfan Go to Quoted Post
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.
Hoped these Hot Wheels cars would stay in Forza Horizon.
Didn't even played the Hot Wheels expansion in Horizon 3 despite I have the Expansion Pass.

I played pretty much only with Siku cars ( Siku Toys - Wikipedia ) as a kid.
And a bit Matchbox here and there.
Hot Wheels was always too "extreme" in design, too far away from realistic designs.
Especially the Bone Shaker looks ridiculous.
Doesn't really fit in the game.

But I see why it's implemented.
They have some sort of partnership with Hot Wheels to attract kids to the Forza-Franchise.

But in the end...it's free!

They are actually all real life cars...the ones in this pack

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite 😠😠
#72 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 7:02:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post
Ugh dude you guys at T10 are something else. You say you’re making Forza Motorsport into a serious racing simulation title and then you give us hot wheels cars to drive around. This is a perfect car pack for Horizon, but geez guys this is not cool in Motorsports. Hopefully the real GT7 doesn’t come out any time soon, you guys need to get your stuff together.

It'll come, matter of time because they are making it
 2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 8:19:33 AM(UTC)
Free for all is good.
But… when will we have the last car pass DLC ???
#74 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 7:40:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
They are actually all real life cars...the ones in this pack

I know. Doesn't make them look better.
But yeah, at least these are real cars, not like the Chryslus Rocket '69 in FM6.

Just wanted to add that its not that bad for me as it sounded, I got many amazing group c cars over the year, I'm totally fine with the car list.
And I will try out most of these cars for sure.

Originally Posted by: Spacewolf1 Go to Quoted Post
Free for all is good.
But… when will we have the last car pass DLC ???

There is no further car pass DLC.
I'm pretty sure this Hot Wheels car pack is the last promised free car pack.
And thats ok for me, because I'm coming close to the 900 cars garage limit, if they don't stop.
They literally spammed the fans with compensation for the messy game (and the game was never unplayable bad anyway).
For most of these free cars and car packs I would have paid good money for.

I would be very surprised if they don't stop the support for this game by the end of the year.
#75 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 8:11:17 PM(UTC)
I can appreciate that these cars are not “Motorsport” derived but I don’t think that that is what forza Motorsport is all about. Everyone complains about the trucks and SUVs taking up space both on the track and in the roster but to me everything has a place.

Let’s not forget tha Forza 4 included a similarly sized car list that had hybrids, city cars, and ridiculous cars styled by pro athletes. Not to mention duplicates of the same car with different liveries. Plus, the most interesting cars added as DLC came after the season pass expired.

So maybe we take off the rose colored glasses and stop saying “forza 4 was the best” when in reality it is just as left field as forza 7 is.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. This pack is free, two other car packs have been free to car pass owners that were originally not planned to be free. Maybe they aren’t the perfect cars but how can complaining about receiving free DLC possibly be worth anyone’s time? Just don’t use them if you don’t like them.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error