This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
 6 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:56:07 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity removed)]

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 4:34:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:59:07 AM(UTC)
I'll take it!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:18:16 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity removed)]

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 4:35:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 5 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:33:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, there is "nothing but crying and complaining.". Maybe you should ask yourself why that is?


It's because people just like to complain. It has nothing to do with the cars. It's a sad trend in gaming today. Check out forum threads of your favorite games, not just this one. It's pathetic. Grateful people are a dying breed.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:37:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Mayze x Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, there is "nothing but crying and complaining.". Maybe you should ask yourself why that is?


It's because people just like to complain. It has nothing to do with the cars. It's a sad trend in gaming today. Check out forum threads of your favorite games, not just this one. It's pathetic. Grateful people are a dying breed.


Funny how you did not talk about the other 90% of my statement. Just picking the one statement you like, eh? I complain because the last DLCs have been complete bullsh*t! So do many other people. Go back to Horizon 2: There have been car packs nobody complained about. But what have they done here? They have completely ignored the community since release, no wonder why we are getting frustrated after one year of them constantly ignoring us!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:41:45 AM(UTC)
Jesus, its a free car pack above and beyond the car packs that you paid for and were promised with the car pass. They didnt have to give you anything. What’s the worst that you can do? Not drive them? There’s no need to have back and forth flame wars on the forums over the legitamacy of a car pack or who is the “real car guy” in the crowd or whatever. I’d focus more on core game mechanics that need to be fixed like physics, FFB, and race regulations.

-k
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:45:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Mayze x Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, there is "nothing but crying and complaining.". Maybe you should ask yourself why that is?


It's because people just like to complain. It has nothing to do with the cars. It's a sad trend in gaming today. Check out forum threads of your favorite games, not just this one. It's pathetic. Grateful people are a dying breed.


Lmao, it's clearly because people just like to complain right? It doesn't matter if they say that they listen to the community or that "motorsport" is an important part of their game or whatever, their actions is what actually matters and this pack is pretty much a slap in the face.

White knights like you are the reason companies can get away with any **** they make.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:47:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
Jesus, its a free car pack above and beyond the car packs that you paid for and were promised with the car pass. They didnt have to give you anything. What’s the worst that you can do? Not drive them? There’s no need to have back and forth flame wars on the forums over the legitamacy of a car pack or who is the “real car guy” in the crowd or whatever. I’d focus more on core game mechanics that need to be fixed like physics, FFB, and race regulations.

-k


Just look at what I´ve written before. Most of us don´t complain about the car pack itself: We complain about the ignoring the community in terms of content and them wasting ressources on stuff literally nobody asked for! Let me give you an example: Since release of the game people want more tracks since we barely got any new one. Yet the only thing we have is a brief statement that there might be some new tracks in the future, but they are not working on that. In terms of cars they are just completely ignoring the community, the last actual car pack we´ve gotten was back in July. After that, nobody said "We know you still get another car pack in the car pass, it´s going to come in the next 2-3 months". They just don´t talk to us when it comes to content of the future, that is one of the main problems I see!
Why should I even bother listing down cars I want when I clearly know that they are just going to ignore it?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:48:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:48:57 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity removed)]


You cannot say with definitive proof that they added cars that 'literally nobody' asked for, I can guarantee every car they have added has been wanted by someone, which then renders your statement null and void. Many people have asked for the HW cars again and I'd be willing to bet you can find a few people that asked for both the FD cars and the F & F cars. You do NOT speak for the ENTIRE Forza community, no one here does and nobody EVER will. Stop acting as the community spokesperson, one does not exist. If you don't like the content, fine, but don't take your opinions and/or made up statements and present them as fact!

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 4:37:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:52:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity removed)]

You cannot say with definitive proof that they added cars that 'literally nobody' asked for, I can guarantee every car they have added has been wanted by someone, which then renders your statement null and void. Many people have asked for the HW cars again and I'd be willing to bet you can find a few people that asked for both the FD cars and the F & F cars. You do NOT speak for the ENTIRE Forza community, no one here does and nobody EVER will. Stop acting as the community spokesperson, one does not exist. If you don't like the content, fine, but don't take your opinions and/or made up statements and present them as fact!


Name one person who asked in the forum car wishlist thread for these exact Hot Wheels cars. For every one you list, I can list at least 20 who wanted other cars. See you in 8 years.

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 4:38:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:59:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post


You cannot say with definitive proof that they added cars that 'literally nobody' asked for, I can guarantee every car they have added has been wanted by someone, which then renders your statement null and void. Many people have asked for the HW cars again and I'd be willing to bet you can find a few people that asked for both the FD cars and the F & F cars. You do NOT speak for the ENTIRE Forza community, no one here does and nobody EVER will. Stop acting as the community spokesperson, one does not exist. If you don't like the content, fine, but don't take your opinions and/or made up statements and present them as fact!


Name one person who asked in the forum car wishlist thread for these exact Hot Wheels cars. For every one you list, I can list at least 20 who wanted other cars. See you in 8 years.


If forum members are your only measure of the Forza community you are sadly mistaken. It doesn't matter if one person on the forum asked for HW cars or 20, your statement that literally no one asked for them is wrong and I don't have to prove anything to you, nor do I plan on it, because you will find some way to spin your argument in your favor.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:43:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:04:21 AM(UTC)
You know: I´ve just gone through the entire Car Wishlist thread for FM7: Out of all the around 1700 people, only 3 asked for HW cars. Which means that around 1697 people asked for different cars. That is 0.1% of the entire playerbase that uses the forum, which should be T10s first choice when they are looking for community interaction! This is a perfect proof to me that T10 simply does not care about what community wants, there is no reason for Hot Wheels to be in the game!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:06:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post


You cannot say with definitive proof that they added cars that 'literally nobody' asked for, I can guarantee every car they have added has been wanted by someone, which then renders your statement null and void. Many people have asked for the HW cars again and I'd be willing to bet you can find a few people that asked for both the FD cars and the F & F cars. You do NOT speak for the ENTIRE Forza community, no one here does and nobody EVER will. Stop acting as the community spokesperson, one does not exist. If you don't like the content, fine, but don't take your opinions and/or made up statements and present them as fact!


Name one person who asked in the forum car wishlist thread for these exact Hot Wheels cars. For every one you list, I can list at least 20 who wanted other cars. See you in 8 years.


If forum members are you only measure of the Forza community you are sadly mistaken. It doesn't matter if one person on the forum asked for HW cars or 20, your statement that literally no one asked for them is wrong and I don't have to prove anything to you, nor do I plan on it, because you will find some way to spin your argument in your favor.




Maybe you just don´t want to admit that you´re wrong? The official forum should be T10s first choice when they are looking for interaction with the community. Yet the fail. They do not care about the community, they have prooven that!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:35:09 AM(UTC)
My main point was that car packs now don’t mean a thing. The more important issues are the core game mechanics that should be fixed. We have more than enough cars in this game and this pack is a free bonus anyway, mostly cars that have already been released before. Someone somewhere must’ve asked that they be available in FM7 as well as FH4.

I would rather have an update and ETA on all the things that have been promised on these dev streams.

-k

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:13:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:13:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post


Name one person who asked in the forum car wishlist thread for these exact Hot Wheels cars. For every one you list, I can list at least 20 who wanted other cars. See you in 8 years.



Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post

Maybe you just don´t want to admit that you´re wrong? The official forum should be T10s first choice when they are looking for interaction with the community. Yet the fail. They do not care about the community, they have prooven that!


Couple of things.

First of all: yes, Arceus, you are correct: the HW cars are not as oft asked for as stuff like the 675LT or 488 GTE in these forums. You're also partially correct about how T10 should treat the forum, and I believe that they do consider our wishlists.

HOWEVER

I'm fairly certain that the people here represent a tiny fraction of the research done by T10. Tiny. They use social media, past player habits, current player habits and surveys/research done by companies that charge 100s of 1000s of dollars for their services, and that are way beyond the purview of any of us here.

You also have to consider that with licensing and lawyers, there are so so SO many factors beyond "what the players want" that dictate which cars and tracks get added to the game. I'm sure there's an employee at T10 that agrees with some of the crazier wishlists here, you know the ones I'm talking about; the ones where a player asks for every variation of the Chaser ever made? Doesn't mean it can be done. You need to find the cars, you need to model them and you need their rights. Which, as we've seen with Toyota, is not always an easy case.

The Hot Wheels thing is most likely the result of a partnership that started with FM6, and could very well be going on for the next 1, 2 or 14 games. I'm not sure if it was you or not, but someone asked what all these manufacturer partnerships -- a very subjective term, to be sure -- have actually meant to the end user: you and I. Well, the Porsche "partnership" could have nothing more to do than being the first (and I think only) game to get the GT2 RS, and to have the most Porsche models of any game. The McLaren partnership? F:H3 Cover car and the arrival of the Senna to a game for the first time. Hoonigan, FnF, FD and on and on it goes. Remember the adds on your local sports broadcast, the ones that talk about the "official" coffee of the Toronto Maple Leafs, or the "official" truck of the Cleveland Browns? Means nothing more that having the brand feature prominently alongside ads/images of the team. Don't think that just because you're a Browns fan, you can walk into Ganley Dodge, say you're a Browns fan, and get $5,000 back. They may give Drew Stanton a truck to drive for a year -- or at least give him a very good lease rate -- but that's about it.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 1:37:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:03:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
You know: I´ve just gone through the entire Car Wishlist thread for FM7: Out of all the around 1700 people, only 3 asked for HW cars. Which means that around 1697 people asked for different cars. That is 0.1% of the entire playerbase that uses the forum, which should be T10s first choice when they are looking for community interaction! This is a perfect proof to me that T10 simply does not care about what community wants, there is no reason for Hot Wheels to be in the game!


That's only because I'm not gonna waste my time in a wishlist thread.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 3:17:23 PM(UTC)
Not sure why folks are conflating the wishlist and this free car pack. This is free content and perhaps Turn 10 wanted to make the November patch a little bit more special than it just being a patch, which is fine. It's basically a bonus. Car Pass owners still have one more free pack, that's where the wishlist comes in. (assumingly)

As for the 700+ cars, well....., let's point out some facts. A good amount of these cars are glitched visually as my keen eye has seen, in Forzavista and in racing. I do my best to point them out in the visual glitch thread, which sadly has been ongoing for over a year:
https://forums.forzamoto...ical-glitches-here.aspx

The fact that some of the same visual glitches have now transferred to FH4 sure stains the polish of that game. Having a livery on the car actually adds load time in the garage. Imagine that.
Even with the power of the Xbox One X, the garage is still janky.

So while it's great to advertise 700+ cars, perhaps they should hire some good QC folks, because the current team (outsourced or not) is terrible. Assign one employee or more, to go over every single car in the game, that's what they get paid for right? If all the tracks and ribbons were "gone over" for the update that added racing guidelines, then surely the main focus of Forza titles, cars, could as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 3:18:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 4:50:32 PM(UTC)
"50th Anniversary of Hotwheels" there....right there is the reason for this car pack...because they have a partnership with Hotwheels.......and it's the 50th anniversary of Hotwheels. Sooooooooooooooooooooo.......yeah.
Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:00:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post
No thanks, how about some real content for a "motorsport" game?


Couldn't agree more. Real cars please. Send Hot Wheels to FH or release a kiddie title and throw them there.
Rank: Racing Permit
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:30:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: staituk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
I like the color scheme of these 50th anniversary cars, they are nice. If you got the Twin Mill in FH4, you'll know what I mean.

I found a video of the Hot Wheels Camaro SS 50th, I wonder if the rear of the car will include the SS badge, if these are to be exactly as the toys themselves.

https://youtu.be/gpU97ZU5Fjk

@ 0:32


The Twin Mill is in FH4


I think he meant that if you have acquired the Twin Mill in FH4, then you can see this new color scheme right now (and perhaps appreciate it as much as Sendo does)...
Rank: Driver's License
 4 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:20:01 PM(UTC)
Look at my post on the car wish list thread (page 67). It's all super cars and race cars, not one single SUV or truck. That's what I expect from Forza.
Rank: Driver's License
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:40:51 PM(UTC)
Does this also mean that The Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 is free also

Ps that all
Have a good day
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:09:43 AM(UTC)
Yay, free content that bring nothing to the game. I won't drive these, I'll just get wrecked by unghosted backmarkers driving them. 🙄
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 3:55:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post


There are 700 cars in the game, yes. But how many of them are up to date race cars? Maybe 10?


People have asked for historic race cars to be added. You cannot simply read this forum and assume that every person who plays this game posts here. There are millions of people who play this game and have never used or posted on the Forza forums.

Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
That is not enough for a Motorsport game! There are sooo many cars still missing, yet the add cars liteally noboy asked for.


Nobody asked for? I could simply say to you that whatever cars you're thinking of wanting in the game, nobody else has asked for them to be added. There are cars that you don't care for that someone else would want. The game doesn't revolve around you.

Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
That is just pure BS. "We listen to the community". Yeah... The community never asked for HW cars! The community never asked for FD cars! The community never asked for F8 cars! That is why people are complaining. These free cars are just a pure waste of ressources that could have gone into cars the community actually wants, but I bet they have not once gone through the car wishlist thread!


You have proven to have a mind that is even narrower than my HRV's exhaust pipe.

There is consistent demand and want for every single type of car from the community. Economy cars, vans, odd historic cars, etc. The forum does not even represent merely half of even a quarter of the Forza playerbase. Go on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, you will see hundreds and thousands of posts from people asking for various different cars. And I can tell you now that these FD cars are popular and widely used in the game and on FH4.

Reality is, Turn 10 can't cater for absolutely everyone because that's just how it is. There are too many people to cater for. But if you've paid attention to how they're trying to right things by fixing bugs and adding new (free) features (and free cars) to the game, you'll see that Turn 10 IS LISTENING to the community. You are simply someone with a stringy mind throwing a bigger tantrum than my 3 year old nephew.

And finally,

the HW cars are FREE.


Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/16/2018 4:52:53 AM(UTC)
#50 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:47:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LAZARUSceelai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post


There are 700 cars in the game, yes. But how many of them are up to date race cars? Maybe 10?


People have asked for historic race cars to be added. You cannot simply read this forum and assume that every person who plays this game posts here. There are millions of people who play this game and have never used or posted on the Forza forums.

Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
That is not enough for a Motorsport game! There are sooo many cars still missing, yet the add cars liteally noboy asked for.


Nobody asked for? I could simply say to you that whatever cars you're thinking of wanting in the game, nobody else has asked for them to be added. There are cars that you don't care for that someone else would want. The game doesn't revolve around you.

Originally Posted by: Arceus111 Go to Quoted Post
That is just pure BS. "We listen to the community". Yeah... The community never asked for HW cars! The community never asked for FD cars! The community never asked for F8 cars! That is why people are complaining. These free cars are just a pure waste of ressources that could have gone into cars the community actually wants, but I bet they have not once gone through the car wishlist thread!


You have proven to have a mind that is even narrower than my HRV's exhaust pipe.

There is consistent demand and want for every single type of car from the community. Economy cars, vans, odd historic cars, etc. The forum does not even represent merely half of even a quarter of the Forza playerbase. Go on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, you will see hundreds and thousands of posts from people asking for various different cars. And I can tell you now that these FD cars are popular and widely used in the game and on FH4.

Reality is, Turn 10 can't cater for absolutely everyone because that's just how it is. There are too many people to cater for. But if you've paid attention to how they're trying to right things by fixing bugs and adding new (free) features (and free cars) to the game, you'll see that Turn 10 IS LISTENING to the community. You are simply someone with a stringy mind throwing a bigger tantrum than my 3 year old nephew.

And finally,

the HW cars are FREE.




I already have answered to everything you have written here. I´ll talk to you again when you have earned the ability to read and understand my comments ;)
In addition to that I remind you that picking out the 3 statements you don´t like while completely ignoring everything else I´ve written does make you the narrow-minded person here...

Edited by user Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:50:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error