This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 7:37:50 AM(UTC)
I am worried that the removal of the loot boxes is such a big UI change that they will not want to tackle any other substantial changes in the same month, even if stuff like racing regs or updated FFB is ready. The important stuff may have to wait until December, unfortunately.
#77 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 9:24:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rockbeau25 Go to Quoted Post

-- snip --

We have a criminally low number of open wheel cars, a criminally low number of club racing cars, a decent but untouched number of prototypes, and a decent moden/historic GT selection. However, there are entire racing series missing from this game. No DTM cars, rally cars/trophy truck with nowhere offroad to enjoy them, no amateur open wheel cars (F2000, Formula Atlantic, F2, Indy Lights, F3000, etc), no amateur prototypes (IMSA Lites, LMP3, SCCA, etc), no Trans-Am cars, no FIA hyper cars (Toyota GT-one, CLK-GTR, etc), no karting, and no circle track cars outside of a handful of cup cars.

As far as tracks, I'd trade countless free cars/packs for 1 or 2 more new GOOD tracks...Mid-Ohio, Autopolis, Tsubuka, Willow Spring, Circuit Gilles Villenueve, Imola, Interlagos, etc. I'm also tired of VIR, Yas Marina, Bernese Alps, and Dubai coming up every other race when you can go WEEKs without tracks like Road America or Laguna Seca coming up once.

-- snip --

I see where you're going, but I believe the DTM property is solely owned by Simbin/Raceroom. Same goes for GT and JGTC.

I have a little more trouble understanding the lack of current IMSA/WeatherTech/VLN GT cars, or anything more on the open wheel front. Yes; I'd like to see more late-'90s early '00s Le Mans racers , too, but I can't complain bout the Group C content. Even '60s/'70s Le Mans content, this side of the lack of the Alpine Renault and a proper 917 as opposed to the gimicky one we got isn't bad. I will never, ever be able to understand that after years and years and YEARS of us asking for the 917, when they do bring one, they bring the 917/20.

Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post
Gosh Has anybody watched the in depth Super GT comparison of FM7 vs GTS? Well I’m extremely hopeful T10 did and they realize that the fight for the next chapter is now. I sure hope that this update brings FM7 closer to being a game fitting of the motorsports in the title, because this is a crucial moment for the franchise.

I’ve been trying to get people back on this wagon to ride it out after bailing the first month, but it’s hard to do when their view of this game has been tainted so bad from the start. We shall see what the future holds in the next few months.

I can't really explain it, but I have a similar feeling. I wrote in another thread that we could very well be seeing the last of full-scale Motorsport launches for quite some time, that they're just going to keep tweaking FM7 for now and focus on Horizon. I just get this feeling that T10 likes working the Horizon crowd more, probably because they're so much easier to please. And, since the game is so much more open than FM's circuit-based stuff, I would imagine it's a little more fun to work on Horizon because the possibilities are so much more open.

Edited by user Friday, November 2, 2018 9:26:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 1:05:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I can't really explain it, but I have a similar feeling. I wrote in another thread that we could very well be seeing the last of full-scale Motorsport launches for quite some time, that they're just going to keep tweaking FM7 for now and focus on Horizon. I just get this feeling that T10 likes working the Horizon crowd more, probably because they're so much easier to please. And, since the game is so much more open than FM's circuit-based stuff, I would imagine it's a little more fun to work on Horizon because the possibilities are so much more open.

I think the answer is pretty simple.
The next X-Box console probably comes out in 2020 and not in 2019, where the next FM would be released, so they skip a year and have more time for this one.
Let's just hope the next "next gen Forza" is not stripped down again like FM5 was.

And I think they still try to get the FH crowd to buy FM7 or the next one.
Of course they do, money, money, money.
Thats the reason they implemented Driver suits and now these Hot Wheels cars.

Just wished, they would focus more on the content they already have in the game.
3 months of hardcore polish, drivatar overhaul, fixing annoying bugs (headlights, start sequence camera bug, Audi quattro S1 in rain etc.), fixing graphical issues on cars and tracks, maybe an option to turn off the kamikaze helicopters/planes would make the game nearly perfect for me.

I personally don't need more cars or tracks at the moment.
Maybe Fujimi Kaido...but nah...too unrealistic to even dream of it.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 7:03:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rockbeau25 Go to Quoted Post

-- snip --

We have a criminally low number of open wheel cars, a criminally low number of club racing cars, a decent but untouched number of prototypes, and a decent moden/historic GT selection. However, there are entire racing series missing from this game. No DTM cars, rally cars/trophy truck with nowhere offroad to enjoy them, no amateur open wheel cars (F2000, Formula Atlantic, F2, Indy Lights, F3000, etc), no amateur prototypes (IMSA Lites, LMP3, SCCA, etc), no Trans-Am cars, no FIA hyper cars (Toyota GT-one, CLK-GTR, etc), no karting, and no circle track cars outside of a handful of cup cars.

As far as tracks, I'd trade countless free cars/packs for 1 or 2 more new GOOD tracks...Mid-Ohio, Autopolis, Tsubuka, Willow Spring, Circuit Gilles Villenueve, Imola, Interlagos, etc. I'm also tired of VIR, Yas Marina, Bernese Alps, and Dubai coming up every other race when you can go WEEKs without tracks like Road America or Laguna Seca coming up once.

-- snip --

I see where you're going, but I believe the DTM property is solely owned by Simbin/Raceroom. Same goes for GT and JGTC.

I have a little more trouble understanding the lack of current IMSA/WeatherTech/VLN GT cars, or anything more on the open wheel front. Yes; I'd like to see more late-'90s early '00s Le Mans racers , too, but I can't complain bout the Group C content. Even '60s/'70s Le Mans content, this side of the lack of the Alpine Renault and a proper 917 as opposed to the gimicky one we got isn't bad. I will never, ever be able to understand that after years and years and YEARS of us asking for the 917, when they do bring one, they bring the 917/20.

Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post
Gosh Has anybody watched the in depth Super GT comparison of FM7 vs GTS? Well I’m extremely hopeful T10 did and they realize that the fight for the next chapter is now. I sure hope that this update brings FM7 closer to being a game fitting of the motorsports in the title, because this is a crucial moment for the franchise.

I’ve been trying to get people back on this wagon to ride it out after bailing the first month, but it’s hard to do when their view of this game has been tainted so bad from the start. We shall see what the future holds in the next few months.

The thing is Turn 10 is the dev for the Motorsport games and Playground Games is the dev for the Horizon games. So why would Turn 10 be working the Horizon crowd? I think that Turn10 are working as best they can to fix what they can in Forza 7 to get ready for what can be transferred into Motorsport 8 when it is announced. I do believe that Motorsport 8 will be a launch release for the next gen console, when that is, we'll have to wait and see. I would gladly pay extra for an expansion of some type or track pack or even more car packs as they are spending time and money on prolonging the life of this game. I will gladly take any and all update free car packs and spotlight cars until Motorsport 8 is release.
 8 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 7:32:09 AM(UTC)
Race Regulations are the only thing I'm really interested in. I have no need for "content" when we were given access to 700+ cars and 200+ tracks a year ago.

Let's see what Tuesday brings.
#81 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 10:30:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MFBigfoot79 Go to Quoted Post

The thing is Turn 10 is the dev for the Motorsport games and Playground Games is the dev for the Horizon games. So why would Turn 10 be working the Horizon crowd? I think that Turn10 are working as best they can to fix what they can in Forza 7 to get ready for what can be transferred into Motorsport 8 when it is announced. I do believe that Motorsport 8 will be a launch release for the next gen console, when that is, we'll have to wait and see. I would gladly pay extra for an expansion of some type or track pack or even more car packs as they are spending time and money on prolonging the life of this game. I will gladly take any and all update free car packs and spotlight cars until Motorsport 8 is release.

I expect T10 management wants to make FM somewhat like an expansion pack for FH. That way when the FH crowd gets bored with that game and are looking for their next fix, FM becomes a likely choice where a better focused racing sim without the silliness would not likely be considered.
#82 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:06:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Race Regulations are the only thing I'm really interested in. I have no need for "content" when we were given access to 700+ cars and 200+ tracks a year ago.

Like like and like. Seriously, where are the race regs and the FFB update that was announced so long ago.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 2:59:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

200+ tracks?
#84 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 4:22:58 AM(UTC)

The thing is Turn 10 is the dev for the Motorsport games and Playground Games is the dev for the Horizon games. So why would Turn 10 be working the Horizon crowd?

Turn 10 works on both games and it seems as though with horizon 4 they had a little too much influence and ruined that game too. Horizon is more popular and sells better than motorsport so its only natural they would try and cross market the two games, problem is they dont know how to do this properly and motorsport has suffered for it.
 2 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 5:10:01 AM(UTC)
Endurance hoppers for Touring Cars also.
 2 users liked this post.
#86 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 12:32:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post

The thing is Turn 10 is the dev for the Motorsport games and Playground Games is the dev for the Horizon games. So why would Turn 10 be working the Horizon crowd?

Turn 10 works on both games and it seems as though with horizon 4 they had a little too much influence and ruined that game too. Horizon is more popular and sells better than motorsport so its only natural they would try and cross market the two games, problem is they dont know how to do this properly and motorsport has suffered for it.

How have they had a negative influence on Horizon? If anything Horizon has had a negative influence on Motorsport and even within the Horizon series its become more and more arcade like with each passing release. Horizon 2 was the best blend of Motorsport and Horizon aspects IMO.

-k

1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 4:16:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post

How have they had a negative influence on Horizon? If anything Horizon has had a negative influence on Motorsport and even within the Horizon series its become more and more arcade like with each passing release. Horizon 2 was the best blend of Motorsport and Horizon aspects IMO.

-k

Two examples would be the removal of class based rivals and the lack of communication thus far other than someone saying theyll pass some info over to the proper teams regarding some other disappointing design decisions. But regardless i believe when all is said and done turn 10 has control over the direction of the forza franchise.

I think playground games came up with the initial structure of horizon, but they havent really changed anything since horizon 2 other than the things they removed in 4. Sadly i believe they are just used to make an open world map which is also what theyre most likely doing for fable.

I dont totally blame turn 10, being a microsoft studio they are often forced by microsoft to implement certain things. Forza 4 had kinect support added, forza 5 needed to use cloud computing so we got drivatars, forza 6s' leagues didnt clean up lobbies but was forza first crack at the esports craze and now with 7 we saw the unfortunate addition of a loot box system.

Then theres things that have been removed due to microsoft, two examples would be searchable user created lobbies and clubs. There are social systems in place on xbox live that they believed made the in game systems redundant, but that hasnt really panned out too well for any of mirosoft studios' games.

So who knows what may have been forced this time, could be the emotes to be like fortnite who knows. I just wouldnt be suprised to see these things added to motorsport one day.

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 4:20:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 6:15:03 PM(UTC)
I still think its the success of Horizon and the Horizon-ification of the series in general thats to blame, otherwise why would driver gear be such a big deal? Why do they focus on fantasy driver gear instead of making real life racing team driver suits? Why is Horizon 4 focused on followers, I mean this did start with Horizon 3? Why did they decide to focus first on drifting and drag racing instead of race regulations, physics, and force feedback? Why can we not blueprint championships in the Motorsport series like you can in Horizon?

-k
#89 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 1:50:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
I still think its the success of Horizon and the Horizon-ification of the series in general thats to blame, otherwise why would driver gear be such a big deal? Why do they focus on fantasy driver gear instead of making real life racing team driver suits? Why is Horizon 4 focused on followers, I mean this did start with Horizon 3? Why did they decide to focus first on drifting and drag racing instead of race regulations, physics, and force feedback? Why can we not blueprint championships in the Motorsport series like you can in Horizon?

-k

I was actually really suprised blueprint wasnt in forza 7, its probably the best feature added to a forza game in a very long time. Horizon 3 was a very popular game and i can see why turn 10 would want to make motorsport just as successful.

But imo it seems as though they think the things that made that game successful were these corny features when in reality it was successful because it had a diverse map, it had a solid multiplayer and for the most part a nice balance in regards to its physics even though it was more arcade than horizon 2.

Horizon 4 on the other hand has doubled down on corny features which is fine to a point but they went and ruined the multiplayer experience as well as dumbed down the physics even more than horizon 3. You dont actually have to win a race to progress and they made the economy revolve around wheelspins instead of the racing. I like the map and the seasons although not particularly game changing are a nice addition but the game is too similiar to 3 while also making a few key features worse.

Drag isnt really popular in any game but drifting is popular in assetto corsa more so than the racing is. I believe they are targeting the pc crowd with that particular update. But honestly most people on the pc use a wheel and assettos physics and ffb are just too strong for forza to compete with. Couple that with the fact that assetto can be modded and forza stands no chance.

Imo the motorsport series being track based will never be as popular as an open world racer especially one that shares 99% of its dna with. I really thought in the past that with the horizon series grabbing the more casual arcade type of players that turn 10 wouldve made motorsport more of a simulation even though player counts would be less.

I dont think it should be like rfactor or iracing, but more along the lines of pcars 2, raceroom or gt sport. Approachable physics with simulator options. I think forzas physics are fine but i honestly never feel like im really racing when i play like i do when i play pcars, raceroom or gt sport.

The game is just all over the place and i think they'd have better success if they focused on the racing experience instead of trying to grab a younger demographic that just isnt there anymore. The average xbox gamer is 29.5 or something like that, id say motorsports main demographic would be exactly that age.

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2018 2:14:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#90 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 2:03:54 PM(UTC)
Hope thers a fix for game crashing on Xbox one x being happening in the last week to me it's driving me nuts
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 4:25:55 PM(UTC)
So excited about the 917/30. The Can Am killer is finally here. Thank you Turn. 10!
#92 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 4:28:18 PM(UTC)
The update looks promising. New content which is always nice but obviously the big thing is the contact physics. I am so happy that they have decided to improve them.
 2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 4:49:10 PM(UTC)
Happy to see the collisions being updated, wondering how all the bashers are going to use the new assist to help in their malicious attacks on track.

Race regs looking promising as well. Hopefully they can remove all the tire walls and barriers with the new lines drawn and this coming into place, but I have to ask the question again, why do all this work to change the way people races when we use to be able to moderate our own lobbies and just kick the griefers from our CUSTOM PUBLIC LOBBIES!!! it still makes no sense to me.
#94 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:18:25 PM(UTC)
Official announcement is up.

Quote:
PI Event - Any Hott Weels

Close enough.
One of "The 50"
#95 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:27:19 PM(UTC)
Things I'd like to see in a future update in no particular order:

-The triumphant return of Toyota and Fujimi Kaido
-Completion of Experimental Drag
-MORE TRACKS
-More customization options
-FFB update
-Explanations of modes a la Need for Speed: Payback
-Custom online lobbies
-Clear indication of when Rivals events close
-Improvement of the livery editor

#96 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:31:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreezngStorm599 Go to Quoted Post
Things I'd like to see in a future update in no particular order:

-The triumphant return of Toyota and Fujimi Kaido
-Completion of Experimental Drag
-MORE TRACKS
-More customization options
-FFB update
-Explanations of modes a la Need for Speed: Payback
-Custom online lobbies
-Clear indication of when Rivals events close
-Improvement of the livery editor

Toyota is well....down to Toyota but I can definitely get behind what you're saying, especially the more tracks part, God we need some more tracks.

We recently lost Mitsubishi and Lexus on Horizon 4 similarly to how we lost Toyota. If things don't change with these manufacturers FM8 will feel a little empty without these 3 through no fault of Turn10/Playground games.

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2018 9:33:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 10:37:43 PM(UTC)
Well I gotta say I’m excited for the future at the moment. After watching the live stream it seems like T10 is getting their act together and making FM7 a more competent “Motorsports” game now.

The little sneak peek of race regulations looks pretty cool and this months collision change should help allot. I probably won’t use the assist, but not flying around the track after the slightest touch will be a nice upgrade for competitive racing online.

I love the fact that T10 is actually backing up what they said 2 months ago. I mean besides the Hot Wheels cars (that I still don’t believe belong in Motorsport, even if they are free) everything else seems to be a step in the right direction to making this a competitive racing game. [Gotta beat GT]

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2018 10:39:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 11:01:53 PM(UTC)
Really, really nice what we have seen yesterday.

The most important thing is that the game will receive support at least until the next year, which means few more updates.

Really happy to see that they are working on the AI and making that rubberbanding - overpowered IA cars out the game.

Also really excited about the race regulations system. It seems that the wall tyres will be removed. That's absolutely aweseome news. Really great to see if the player cuts the track, etc. will be ghosted/ time penalties, etc.

Thanks T10 for making this game even better, and bring us all these needed features. All these support and updates is really what Forza community needs.

Good Work

#99 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:05:44 AM(UTC)
I'm really happy with what they showed off. It's impressive how quickly they managed to bring the new collision physics into the game.

The sneek peak at the race regulations was very interesting.

First of, the new hud is looking more traditionally flat and I like that. I do miss a few things like time deltas to cars around you + leader, and a permanent fastest lap time out of all players.

Secondly, no tire barriers. It's clean, it's realistic, it's beautiful.

Third, the race regulations themselves. Ofcourse we don't know how the criteria for certain penalties work, so it makes no sense to speculate on that. However, I do wonder if a long endurance race will require the same amount of strikes for a DQ since there is more time spent racing and battling than the 3 lap race in the teaser.

We also saw a slow / stopped car in the middle of the track that we made contact with and got a penalty for. I sure hope lapped cars will be auto ghosted before race regulations go live because an endurance race on Lime Rock would be extra torture.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:02:19 AM(UTC)
If Forza does adopt a slow down feature for penalties like a lot of games do, which for the record I hope they don't, I really hope they ghost the car that has the penalty when the penalty takes place.

Personally I hope people just get a time penalty at the end of the race. It's more immersive, more realistic, safer for other drivers and it's just as punishing.

Do what Codemasters does. Have a few type of penalties like this:

1.+3 seconds
2.+5 seconds
3. +10 seconds
5. Drive Through Penalty (This would be so immersive)
6. Disqualification

It's a much better method than slowing down people on track though I plead, if you are going to slow down people Turn 10, please just ghost them when they are serving the slow-down.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error