This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:20:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
It should be I think. Honestly though, some of the above issues should be prioritized over getting more car packs in and this game has SO many cars that what it really needs is more tracks.

-k

Agreed tracks will add greater life to the game.
 16 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:46:02 AM(UTC)
So we're getting a hot wheels pack, WHY?

Esaki mentioned that there are other racers without Motorsport in their name, which are more Motorsport than Forza 7, yet they decide to release a Child's Hot Wheels pack.

I would like a Touring car pack or some other motor sport pack with a few extra tracks, not this childish dribble.

T10 over the past several months gave me hope stating that due to extra time, they will continuing improving Forza 7. The hot wheels pack announcement does not give me confidence in the future of Forza 7. We want more Motorsport orientated content.

Anyone else agree?

I hope T10 are looking at this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:33:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AtomiqueMclaren Go to Quoted Post
[quote=MetalCurve22;1000844

All I know is they better get it in gear before GT/Project Cars next big releases or Motorsport will be finished.

Not so worried about GT since they haven't even started talking about a "proper" GT sequel yet, meaning it's a decade away if it's a day away. PCARS? Yeah, there may be a threat there, if whatever version comes next can get out of its own way.

Really, though, I think the real concern is Horizon. I have this very strong feeling that this two game format just isn't going to last for long, and Horizon is going to become the flagship title. The hype surrounding it on various game sites seems way hotter than it ever was for FM7, and I have a feeling that if RDR2 hadn't shown up -- and if the various Battle Royale games weren't kicking the butts of pretty much every entertainment platform out there -- we'd still be hearing about Horizon on all the sites. Much as we here in the FM7 forums may consider Horizon to be a"lesser" game, it's the easy pick up and play experience that the unwashed masses want. As they say in Gladiator: "You control the mob, you control Rome."

EDIT: Actually, hold on a second. The HW pack is free to all Forza players. Didn't the announcement from way back when mention two new packs for CAR PASS HOLDERS only? I believe it did, which suggests to me that all is not lost quite yet.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:42:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:03:01 AM(UTC)
I just hope that they make it motorsport again...
-Adjudication
-Wheel FFB
-At least shift animations (360 degree animation its ask too much..)
 4 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:37:32 AM(UTC)
I’d rather have FOV adjustments than shift animations or engine sounds. You cant even drive some GT cars from in the cockpit because the view is all wrong.

-k
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:42:19 AM(UTC)
I’d rather have FOV adjustments than shift animations or engine sounds. You cant even drive some GT cars from in the cockpit because the view is all wrong.

-k

Yes, some of the LMP cars are terrible! That maybe because of their design though, but I never drive them in cockpit view.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

9 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:29:19 PM(UTC)
Whoever is in charge of their branding and differentiation needs to lose their job. Minivans and all the rest of the nonsense, now hotwheels in "Motorsport". It seems to me they are more interested in turning Motorsport into Horizon with circuit tracks. Oh, and we get to play paper dolly dress up too! Not just racing suits, which I think would be unnecessary, but fine with the brand. And even historic options to maybe add flavor, particularly in old school open vehicles. But who decided we need dancing dolls while waiting far too long for painfully slow load times and after every race on the podium? What's next, a Barbie Corvette and play houses from Horizon complete with fashion shoe and accessories selection? Yeah, we need more silly suits and nonsense fantasy cars, that's the important allocation of resource, don't worry about major play killing bugs or deficient features...
 2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 3:25:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B4LTY Go to Quoted Post
It should be I think. Honestly though, some of the above issues should be prioritized over getting more car packs in and this game has SO many cars that what it really needs is more tracks.

-k

Agreed tracks will add greater life to the game.

This so much. The easiest thing they could do is add night/weather to all the stages that don't have it. Dubai at night should've been there since Day One. Fantasy tracks have no excuse, they're are fantasy afterall.

As for the Hot Wheels pack, its free and just a bonus addition to the patch. Car Pass owners still have one more free car pack and I don't see that being released until a major patch comes way or if an expansion is released.
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:07:04 PM(UTC)
Not expecting much to avoid disappointment. Esthetics, maybe an improvement to drag racing... I don't expect anything featuring high on out wish lists or anything i care for.
 4 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:26:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sith Metal 1971 Go to Quoted Post

Esaki mentioned that there are other racers without Motorsport in their name, which are more Motorsport than Forza 7, yet they decide to release a Child's Hot Wheels pack.

I would like a Touring car pack or some other motor sport pack with a few extra tracks, not this childish dribble.

T10 over the past several months gave me hope stating that due to extra time, they will continuing improving Forza 7. The hot wheels pack announcement does not give me confidence in the future of Forza 7. We want more Motorsport orientated content.

Anyone else agree?

I agree 101%

7 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:13:13 AM(UTC)

Anyone else agree?

There is already a great exodus of players from the community, migrating to other games, such as F1 2018, Project cars and even going to Gran Turismo Sports ...
It is unanimous with everyone I have contact that FM7 is leaving much to be desired.
This is taking a beating of Gran Turismo Sports, which even with the lack of content, hit squarely on what it proposes.
And this delay in pronouncing and positioning itself before the community only frustrates the players even more.
 7 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:22:11 AM(UTC)
Geez I am quickly losing interest in this game...

The only thing keeping me interested is finding like-minded individuals and doing structured leagues and organized races.

This game is quickly heading towards a watered-down version of Horizon. Drifting belongs in Horizon, made up cars belong in Horizon, made up tracks belong in Horizon, trucks and vans, and E class cars that no one actually wants to race belong in Horizon.

We have a criminally low number of open wheel cars, a criminally low number of club racing cars, a decent but untouched number of prototypes, and a decent moden/historic GT selection. However, there are entire racing series missing from this game. No DTM cars, rally cars/trophy truck with nowhere offroad to enjoy them, no amateur open wheel cars (F2000, Formula Atlantic, F2, Indy Lights, F3000, etc), no amateur prototypes (IMSA Lites, LMP3, SCCA, etc), no Trans-Am cars, no FIA hyper cars (Toyota GT-one, CLK-GTR, etc), no karting, and no circle track cars outside of a handful of cup cars.

As far as tracks, I'd trade countless free cars/packs for 1 or 2 more new GOOD tracks...Mid-Ohio, Autopolis, Tsubuka, Willow Spring, Circuit Gilles Villenueve, Imola, Interlagos, etc. I'm also tired of VIR, Yas Marina, Bernese Alps, and Dubai coming up every other race when you can go WEEKs without tracks like Road America or Laguna Seca coming up once.

That's just content that needs to be added. Let's take content that needs to be fixed.

-Vote to kick does literally nothing
-ghost cars that are X amount of feet back so when they get lapped they can't crash the leaders.
-ghost cars for X amount of time after the leave the track and return so they don't cause chaos when they reenter the track like morons
-fix the loading screen between races. Please.
-fix the clean lap/dirty lap thing. It was fine before but now it's too extreme. (Road America turn 1/14, Prague Chicane, most of Sebring,)
-more lobbies
-FFB
-fix paint booth (certain cars are impossible to paint because putting a decal on it also puts it on another panel (mainly prototypes)

1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:38:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post

- Prague's flow is still ruined because of the restrictive track limits on a wide chicane.

If we want to talk about tracks ruined by poor track limits that's the very small tip of the iceberg. Didn't they say the limits were hand drawn? By who? Certainly no one that has ever watched a race at any of the real tracks.
 2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:39:58 AM(UTC)
They better not implement a race regulation system with the current broken track limits. If you would get penalized for driving on perfectly acceptable parts of a track to drive on that would be some total garbage.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 9:50:42 AM(UTC)
I remember Mechberg saying in a stream that is the way they want the track limits, so I doubt they will make any changes.
 2 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:32:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
[quote=AtomiqueMclaren;1000989][quote=MetalCurve22;1000844

EDIT: Actually, hold on a second. The HW pack is free to all Forza players. Didn't the announcement from way back when mention two new packs for CAR PASS HOLDERS only? I believe it did, which suggests to me that all is not lost quite yet.

Yes they did say car pass holders are due one more pack, still no announcement along with no announcement regards next weeks update, ie what's in it regarding fixes and improvements.
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:28:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
[quote=AtomiqueMclaren;1000989][quote=MetalCurve22;1000844

Yes they did say car pass holders are due one more pack, still no announcement along with no announcement regards next weeks update, ie what's in it regarding fixes and improvements.

Patch notes come out the day of or the day before the update, never sooner. They will most likely discuss it during the Forza monthly stream like always.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

3 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:15:55 PM(UTC)
Custom........Public......Lobbies......for the love of god. this is a motorsport game with so much to offer. every other serious racing game has it. Want to define the game from Horizon. Bring back Custom Publics. and the ability for the host to remove unwanted insubordanate players. You can literally stop production on racing regulations simply by giving us the ability to remove these kind of players.

Did I just fix FM7 biggest problem with one post? Yes I did. So there you go turn ten, I will require no payment for my gold I just laid down here for you. Watch your number of players sky rocket to FM4 was in its prime? do this. do this now. All we want is to racing Nordschleife 24/7 and force off all the nannies and suggested lines. So just get to it.
 5 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:41:12 PM(UTC)
Whatever happened to all the talk about IMSA.....Cars and Tracks?? We need more RACING cars and tracks.
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:27:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: four cam tbird Go to Quoted Post
They better not implement a race regulation system with the current broken track limits. If you would get penalized for driving on perfectly acceptable parts of a track to drive on that would be some total garbage.

I’m pretty sure race regs will focus mainly on car to car collisions than anything else to keep the racing somewhat clean, or try to...

-k

1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 2:18:06 AM(UTC)
I'm hoping for the race regulations, they last showed it off in May and said it was coming out this year.

Also I hope for some new up to date GT cars.
 4 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 2:31:09 AM(UTC)
Race regs will not fix rammers and all the small fixes will not fix the plague that currently infests Forza multiplayer so on that note.

Ghosted backmarkers!
 3 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 6:10:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I remember Mechberg saying in a stream that is the way they want the track limits, so I doubt they will make any changes.

Of course, making them right would require them to actually be hand drawn as they said they were doing and very obviously didn't do. Actual work would need done.
They got changed in such a way that I can't help but think, be careful what you wish for. I'm sure some tracks got fixed but so many others got broken. Prague being broken is one thing, it's a made up track. But when actual tracks have been given boundaries much more limiting than how the tracks are really driven that's a problem. That isn't teaching anyone to race correctly.
 2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 6:30:59 AM(UTC)
Gosh Has anybody watched the in depth Super GT comparison of FM7 vs GTS? Well I’m extremely hopeful T10 did and they realize that the fight for the next chapter is now. I sure hope that this update brings FM7 closer to being a game fitting of the motorsports in the title, because this is a crucial moment for the franchise.

I’ve been trying to get people back on this wagon to ride it out after bailing the first month, but it’s hard to do when their view of this game has been tainted so bad from the start. We shall see what the future holds in the next few months.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 6:57:13 AM(UTC)
The option to turn off homologation.
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error