2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:28:17 PM(UTC)
Maybe the best advice I've ever read on this forum, thanks! Not only have my scores improved hugely, I've actually started enjoying it a little too
#27 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 5:31:07 AM(UTC)
Very late to the party here but if like myself you only started playing recently some additional info;

Sadly I didn't get a great deal of success with the Holden, I wouldn't say I'm a great drifter, particularly in this game but here's what I found.

- At the time of my writing this the Formula Drift cars are free to me (Game Pass), so I took them all but I've had the most success with the Formula Drift Viper SRT10 (but it needed some tweaks, more on that in a minute) and the Nissan 240SX the approach I took was using the Viper on tracks which were wider and more open and the Nissan on tighter courses where control was more important.

However.... I've since found the Viper can be stabilised somewhat. In my experience Vipers and Porsches are terrible for spinning out, the Formula Drift one in particular can go from neat drift to 90-120 degrees spin in a blink of an eye. So I started messing around, I found AWD didnt work for me but the below made the Viper more stable.

Upgrades;
- Race Brakes
- Race Transmission (pointless as we're using Manual Gearing, but nice if you need to shift up / down)
- Front Tyre 265/25R20 (default)
- Front Rims 20in
- Rear Tyre 275/30R20 (default)
- Rear Rims 20in
- Single Turbo
- Drive Train (stock RWD)

Setup; (mostly default with a tweak)
Camber
- Front -3.0
- Rear -2.0
Toe
- Front 1.5
- Rear 1.5
Tyre Pressure
- Front 20 PSI
- Rear 25 PSI

Assist Modes
- ABS On
- Steering Simulation
- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control Off
- Shifting Manual

Method
- 3rd Gear Manual on Tarmac
- 4th Gear Manual on Gravel

Share Code: 404 871 349

Hopefully that helps someone :)

#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:15:28 PM(UTC)
THANKYOU!!
I have been stuck on these drift zones for the last 2 weeks and an hour ago I found this post. I've managed to complete 7 drift zones since, just using the Holden and the tune you suggested.
Being in this car has also brought up a few of my missing Promo cars too so that's an extra bonus :)
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 9:51:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillDunkno Go to Quoted Post
THANKYOU!!
I have been stuck on these drift zones for the last 2 weeks and an hour ago I found this post. I've managed to complete 7 drift zones since, just using the Holden and the tune you suggested.
Being in this car has also brought up a few of my missing Promo cars too so that's an extra bonus :)

The new Formula Drift Nissan is now the easiest car to drift. It even drifts well in Automatic Mode.
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 2:57:04 PM(UTC)
I still have two I need to do, I think I'll give it a try, thanks.
#31 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2020 2:44:34 PM(UTC)
The AWD powersliding does make scoring points easier but with some practice and decent tunes RWD drifting is enjoyable and easy to 3 star all the zones.. Here are some of the tunes I use primarily for pavement zones and around. The dirt drift is the only AWD drift tune that I use and only for the gravel drift zones. It's 90% rear biased.

92 Silvia B698- 123 025 869, 87,450cr
93 240sx B699- 934 668 302, 94,250cr
94 Silvia A733- 731 649 714, 84,000cr
98 Silvia A736- 498 548 787, 83,500cr
00 Silvia A786- 358 339 881, 83,799cr
18 Mustang s1 841- 964 473 328 63,050cr
98 supra s2 907- 262 408 733 80,150cr
73 Capri B643 170 734 642, 83,650cr
M6fe
Winter rwd s1 892- 159 233 831
Race tires s2 909- 240 326 651
Dirt drift s2 949- 140 460 647
Rc f drift s1 832- 763 846 131

Edited by user Friday, October 2, 2020 2:46:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: AWD

#32 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 2:48:21 PM(UTC)
Can also confirm the #43 Dodge Viper as mentioned above. Finally completed the latest seasonal and 3 starred the zone for the first time (was driving me nuts).

Tune: Drift Zone
Creator: Tiptronik, 28/09/2018
Score: 57,056 (not massive, but enough for the zone and seasonal)

My settings:

Driving Assists: Custom
Braking: ABS On
Steering: Normal
Traction Control: Off
Stability Control: Off
Shifting: Automatic

Took a few attempts (5 or so) to get used to the car and tune, but worked perfectly. Hope it helps.
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 3:59:46 PM(UTC)
The 2018 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z is the easiest car to drift since the 27 update. It is the only car I can 3 star the drift zones in Automatic gears, and get records. The other cars I can get great scores in Manual, but not Automatic.
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 4:43:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
The 2018 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z is the easiest car to drift since the 27 update. It is the only car I can 3 star the drift zones in Automatic gears, and get records. The other cars I can get great scores in Manual, but not Automatic.

Wishing I had it (just looked up the price in the auction, going to be a while before I can get one lol)
#35 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 3:48:21 PM(UTC)
Morgan 3-wheeler is surprisingly good car for drifting. Small and even with AWD its happy to spin around even at low speeds. Maybe not best, but fun and capable to 3-star, kinda feels like you get more track to drift on, than with any other car.
#36 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 5:38:59 AM(UTC)
the formula drift ferarri makes drifting so easy even a blind person can 3 star the zones
haven't even tested the 370z yet
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 6:11:04 AM(UTC)

The 98 Supra hasn't changed at all...I am getting comparable scores using Automatic....comparable being I don't drift much these days whereas I was drifting a lot in the early Summer. For those struggling, it really is the most forgiving drift car I have tried (and have tried a few)...there are some cars that are better to drift but aren't as forgiving/much harder to control (such as the Speedtail which is an excellent drift car but requires careful control)
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:46:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post

The 98 Supra hasn't changed at all...I am getting comparable scores using Automatic....comparable being I don't drift much these days whereas I was drifting a lot in the early Summer. For those struggling, it really is the most forgiving drift car I have tried (and have tried a few)...there are some cars that are better to drift but aren't as forgiving/much harder to control (such as the Speedtail which is an excellent drift car but requires careful control)

The 98 Supra is good in S2... forgot about that one.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:52:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post

The 98 Supra is good in S2... forgot about that one.

It's my go to frequently. The same tune with winter tires is what I have been using for pavement zones in winter. It can be balanced nicely for different conditions and has a good wheelbase.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:01:29 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the post. Tried the OPs suggestion and managed to get the 3 stars needed. I really suck at drifting, but managed to get it done in 5 or 6 attempts. Took a few runs to get used to it, but definitely works. I think my biggest issue is that I was concentrating too much on the sharp turns on drifting big enough on the straights (a suggestion for others like me that drift like **** ). Will try some of the other suggestions listed her as well to try and 3 star more drift zone (only had 1 other up to this date).
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:03:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ViperousRhyme84 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the post. Tried the OPs suggestion and managed to get the 3 stars needed. I really suck at drifting, but managed to get it done in 5 or 6 attempts. Took a few runs to get used to it, but definitely works. I think my biggest issue is that I was concentrating too much on the sharp turns on drifting big enough on the straights (a suggestion for others like me that drift like **** ). Will try some of the other suggestions listed her as well to try and 3 star more drift zone (only had 1 other up to this date).

I was like you, and then I got hooked on it.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 7:01:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I TrevorCory I Go to Quoted Post
Drifting sucks

#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 7:04:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hunta Evolution Go to Quoted Post
Very late to the party here but if like myself you only started playing recently some additional info;

Sadly I didn't get a great deal of success with the Holden, I wouldn't say I'm a great drifter, particularly in this game but here's what I found.

- At the time of my writing this the Formula Drift cars are free to me (Game Pass), so I took them all but I've had the most success with the Formula Drift Viper SRT10 (but it needed some tweaks, more on that in a minute) and the Nissan 240SX the approach I took was using the Viper on tracks which were wider and more open and the Nissan on tighter courses where control was more important.

However.... I've since found the Viper can be stabilised somewhat. In my experience Vipers and Porsches are terrible for spinning out, the Formula Drift one in particular can go from neat drift to 90-120 degrees spin in a blink of an eye. So I started messing around, I found AWD didnt work for me but the below made the Viper more stable.

Upgrades;
- Race Brakes
- Race Transmission (pointless as we're using Manual Gearing, but nice if you need to shift up / down)
- Front Rims 20in
- Rear Rims 20in
- Single Turbo

Camber
- Front -3.0
- Rear -2.0
Toe
- Front 1.5
- Rear 1.5
Tyre Pressure
- Front 20 PSI
- Rear 25 PSI

Assist Modes
- ABS On
- Steering Simulation
- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control Off
- Shifting Manual

Method

It "works," but I only get 2 stars.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 8:44:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jvelas0822 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hunta Evolution Go to Quoted Post

Upgrades;
- Race Brakes
- Front Rims 20in
- Rear Rims 20in
- Single Turbo

Camber
- Front -3.0
- Rear -2.0
Toe
- Front 1.5
- Rear 1.5
Tyre Pressure
- Front 20 PSI
- Rear 25 PSI

Assist Modes
- ABS On
- Steering Simulation
- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control Off
- Shifting Manual

Method

It "works," but I only get 2 stars.

I find the #88 mustang easy to 3 star all the courses with, just find a Drift tune for it.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 4:34:24 PM(UTC)
Necroing for a good cause.

I just good 3 stars in all drift zones.
Torana A9X is the car that I was missing for dirt. Formula Drift Viper for tarmac. I also used SL 65 AMG Black Series Forza Edition for a few zones where the other two vehicles were spinning out.

I didn't like the Drifit King tune very much (too slippery / the Torana just keeps going even when I use the handbrake). KenBlocksSohn's tunnes all the way:

#43 Dodge Viper SRT10
Tune: Godlike Drifting by KenBlocksSohn - 877 498 471

Torana A9X
Tune:  Needle Climb by KenBlocksSohn - 200 712 850

SL65 AMG Black Series Forza Edition
Tune: Driftzones by KenBlocksSohn - 126 142 372

I liked it enough to try drift adventure, apparently Isetta and Abarth are the meta... It's certainly not for me :D.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error