Post Reply
6 Pages123>>Next
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:05:37 PM(UTC)
Hey everyone welcome to Kilo's Corner. Kilo here or KC - you get to choose what you call me. I'm based out of Miami, FL and have been playing since the release of Forza Horizon 3. In this gallery, you will find a little bit of everything - fantasy, race, and replica pieces all have a home here. I get flooded with a ton of cool ideas to do but only a hand full of them make the cut and get put onto a vehicle. Some project's I've completed are cars from Initial D down to Takumi Fujiwara's 86 and some of the cars from the Fast and Furious movies. More recently, I've tackled pieces for the 2020 RCC, revived my G-Shock R32, and dived into some NBA logo work. That's after finishing a piece I did for Star Wars. I've also done the van from the movie Twister not once but three times, each with a different outcome - but hey such is the way of the painters life. Below I have linked the photos from my gallery in Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 3. Sadly, the paint's from Forza Horizon 3 didn't survive😓but the pictures did😅after little mishap I had.

**Comments, feedback, downloads, and likes are all greatly appreciated and welcome 🙂**


Forza Horizon 4:
https://forzamotorsport..../KiloCharlie85?title=FH4

Forza Horizon 3:
https://forzamotorsport..../KiloCharlie85?title=FH3


*Updated: 2/08/2020*

Edited by user Friday, March 6, 2020 6:37:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: This OP was really, really, really... old

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:38:43 AM(UTC)
Good start, just keep practicing in the editor and you will get a feel for things. Go back and see if you can't make the stripe on Riggs' truck any smoother ***. it turns over the wheel arches. It's a matter of getting to know the shapes but it's always great to just get your foot forward.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:07:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post
Good start, just keep practicing in the editor and you will get a feel for things. Go back and see if you can't make the stripe on Riggs' truck any smoother ***. it turns over the wheel arches. It's a matter of getting to know the shapes but it's always great to just get your foot forward.


Thanks for the compliments! Yeah... What happened was I had originally used the stamp function to help with the black outline on the outer edges of the design. What happened is I didn't measure the length of the strip I was using for the job, and the jagged edges were caused by me trying to cover up the excess amounts of strip left all over the design when I was finished using the strip. Thanks for the advice. I did manage to touch up Riggs truck:

Before:


After:

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:24:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:33:53 PM(UTC)
Hey everyone, here's a bump for two new releases that are movie inspired. From the 1996 Disaster film Twister:

Vehicle one's paint scheme was inspired by the main character Jo Harding who drove a 1982 Jeep pickup truck. I used a Wrangler for the design, as it's wheel wells matched pretty well to the truck in the movie.


Vehicle two was a van driven by a character named Beltzer, who's GMC had a mural of a tornado on the side of it:


As always the designs are available for download and ready for use. Cheers!

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 6:19:29 PM(UTC)
Hey everyone. I have to apologize for the quick dirty picks recently posted. I have finally found some time to put the skins to the test and they look fantastic. I hope all of you enjoy the updated photos:

Initial D inspired paints:

Panda Subaru BRZ:


Nissan S13:


Mazda FD3S:


Mazda FC3S:


Honda Civic EK9:


Television and Movie inspired paints:

Jurassic Park inspired Jeep Wrangler:


Jo's Jeep inspired by the 1996 disaster movie Twister:


Beltzer's tornado van from the 1996 disaster movie Twister:


A paint design inspired by Detective Rigg's truck from the Lethal Weapon television series:
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:39:03 AM(UTC)
Nice pictures, I would suggest avoiding stock fonts for logos. The Fujiwara logo could be sharper but it's a good start. Keep up the good work, I hope to see more!

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:29:14 AM(UTC)
Added a new paint theme this time inspired by Family Guy:

Introducing the 'Victory is Ours' Mustang:





Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:54:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Mispelled theme >_>

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:33:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post
Nice pictures, I would suggest avoiding stock fonts for logos. The Fujiwara logo could be sharper but it's a good start. Keep up the good work, I hope to see more!


I couldn't imagine not using the stock fonts from the game. I've had bad experiences from other graphic editors like the one from Battlefield 4, or COD WWII which were horrible and you had to rely on the shapes yet again. If need be though, and I was going to create something custom, I would take that route however. Thanks for the advice yet again.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:45:30 AM(UTC)
Pretty good start Kilo! I agree with Ace that some areas need to get cleaned up but I think you have some potential to put out some great designs! Keep it up!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:45:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AlienatedElm42 Go to Quoted Post
Pretty good start Kilo! I agree with Ace that some areas need to get cleaned up but I think you have some potential to put out some great designs! Keep it up!


Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I'll Keep doing my best!

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 6:33:25 PM(UTC)
Hello all, back again with two new releases, movie and television themed. These took me quite a while to accomplish but I'm quite satisfied with their outcome.

The first release is a theme based off of the 1983 film Scarface. I had looked everywhere for a Porsche 928, for this theme to be more appropriate, however no luck, so I chose the Porsche 944 instead:


The second release, is based off the 1984 television series Miami Vice. The car used is a Ferrari 365 GTB, although the only difference between the car in the show and the one used here is the fact that of one them was a convertible. They used this car for several seasons before switching to the Ferrari Testarossa:



Cheers!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 11:06:45 PM(UTC)
Ooo Scarface! One of my all time favorite movies! Porsche and Ferrari looks good :)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:42:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: motor sw Go to Quoted Post
Ooo Scarface! One of my all time favorite movies! Porsche and Ferrari looks good :)


Thanks! I appreciate the feed back. I'm also re-working the mustang I put out earlier, so be on the look out for that release too. I rushed it and wasn't happy with the original piece.

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 10:23:34 AM(UTC)
Nice job, it's a pretty cool set of cars and a good start for fantasy paints. That being said for the Miami Vice logo since it's so large on the hood the stock font is rather distracting. I'd work on that logo but still nice job and I hope to see more. BTW Is the date on the car the date the series ran through or the date the 365 survived before being replaced by the Testarossa?

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:10:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post
Nice job, it's a pretty cool set of cars and a good start for fantasy paints. That being said for the Miami Vice logo since it's so large on the hood the stock font is rather distracting. I'd work on that logo but still nice job and I hope to see more. BTW Is the date on the car the date the series ran through or the date the 365 survived before being replaced by the Testarossa?


To answer your question Ace the date is the series run. I believe the first appearence of the Testarossa was in the episode 'Stones War' in the third season after the 365 was destroyed by stinger missiles. Again thanks for the feed back. I'm really having trouble positioning the emblems after adding them to the car. I'll re work it and see if I can make it better.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:16:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:38:27 PM(UTC)
I was finally able to finish the re-work of the Family Guy Mustang. I'm proud of this one. It's my first try at free form font. In order to mimic the logo from the show, I had to go free hand. It wasn't easy, but the pay off was well worth it.



Rank: X-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:50:40 AM(UTC)
The Family guy Mustang is looking good Kilo. Nice job on the Family Guy font, it's a great step down the custom font path. Keep up the good work, this is probably your best yet!

Also, cool to know about the Miami Vice run. Was just wondering because like you said I knew there was a point in the show were the Daytona got blown up. It was actually because Ferrari were **** ed that they were using a replica 365 and offered them the Testarossa if they agreed to destroy the fake 365 on screen.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:47:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KiloCharlie85 Go to Quoted Post
I was finally able to finish the re-work of the Family Guy Mustang.… In order to mimic the logo from the show, I had to go free hand. It wasn't easy, but the pay off was well worth it.

It definitely makes all the difference, well done 👍🏾
You do realise there’s no going back now, LoL!


FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:04:34 AM(UTC)
Nicely done! Keep it up.



Rank: C-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:10:32 PM(UTC)
PTG Ace Ventura wrote:
The Family guy Mustang is looking good Kilo. Nice job on the Family Guy font, it's a great step down the custom font path. Keep up the good work, this is probably your best yet! Also, cool to know about the Miami Vice run. Was just wondering because like you said I knew there was a point in the show were the Daytona got blown up. It was actually because Ferrari were **** ed that they were using a replica 365 and offered them the Testarossa if they agreed to destroy the fake 365 on screen.


Yup. You're right on that Ace. The original 365 on the show was a kit car, and I believe used a Corvette body in order to convert it into the replica Ferrari. I think 1973 was the year of the Corvette body they used for the replica. Thanks for the compliment on the font Ace, as well. You kept pushing for use on the free hand stuff, and heck it paid off really well.

MIDNYTE DUBH wrote:

It definitely makes all the difference, well done 👍🏾
You do realise there’s no going back now, LoL!


Yeah, I realized all the difference lol. Ace kept pushing for it's use, have to thank him for the path I'm going down now. I can't wait to try it on other designs. I'm gonna try tackling the 'Black Swan' racing Porsche after this. I want to get into making racing paints again. Going to take a while, but I'm looking forward to custom drawing everything on that thing. And Btw, MIDNYTE DUBH, Don't think I don't remember you from way back when I was lurking on the FH3 forums. You helped me out a lot back then too. Good seeing you again.

ryn0s3r1 wrote:

Nicely done! Keep it up.


Thanks for the feed back bud, I'm glad you like it! make sure you check back often. I'll be putting out more paints soon.

Edited by user Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:54:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:16:28 PM(UTC)
Glad to hear you find my suggestions paying off! The font looks great and it might be a pain in the neck sometimes but you clearly are capable of pulling it off. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the race paints to come. Your going to find that accumulating logos can be quite fun and theres kind of a nice feeling when you look at a design you want to do and say "ahhh I've already got half these logos done!"

Keep us updated. :)

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:52:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post
Glad to hear you find my suggestions paying off! The font looks great and it might be a pain in the neck sometimes but you clearly are capable of pulling it off. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the race paints to come. Your going to find that accumulating logos can be quite fun and theres kind of a nice feeling when you look at a design you want to do and say "ahhh I've already got half these logos done!"

Keep us updated. :)


Lol. I'm doing that already Ace, with my designs on the store front. From the South Beach backdrop, to the Scarface DVD cover, portraits of Brian & Stewie and Death from the Family Guy Mustang, it's like adding trophies to a case. It keeps me motivated to see how every design keeps improving from me when I first started even way back in FH3. Although on an idiot move on my part the one's from FH3 are no longer available except for what was in the galleries. I'll happily keep you all informed. BTW I'm also going to undertake some thread cleaning and re introduce myself.

Edited by user Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:50:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 9:29:11 PM(UTC)
Hey All! Back with more designs. I also Hope you like the storefront's re-design. This time around I have replica's from a couple of cool race cars.

First up is the #540 Black Swan racing Porsche. This was quite fun to do and a bit out of the norm from my release of fantasy paints as of late, but I think it came out great!:


Second release is the #15 Hamofa Industrial Engines BMW i8 Race Car. This was also fun to do and came out with a very nice mean look:


Third release is the #39 Thomson Ferrari Daytona. I like doing vintage racers some logos are pretty unique to the era:

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2018 10:09:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: X-Class Racing License
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:59:03 PM(UTC)
^Nice job on the latest batch. Retro stuff makes up the bulk of my catalog. The base on the Porsche is nice and good detail adding the IMSA series style marker lights, nice job with that! I'm liking your move towards custom fonts, believe me I'm noticing, it's hard to do for the vintage metal with logos being hard to spot and old out-of-date sponsors but it makes those vintage liveries even better.

Keep 'em coming and keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more!

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:15:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post
^Nice job on the latest batch. Retro stuff makes up the bulk of my catalog. The base on the Porsche is nice and good detail adding the IMSA series style marker lights, nice job with that! I'm liking your move towards custom fonts, believe me I'm noticing, it's hard to do for the vintage metal with logos being hard to spot and old out-of-date sponsors but it makes those vintage liveries even better.

Keep 'em coming and keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more!


Yeah Ace, I liked the IMSA light's too, I thought it would be cool to add it. In certain light in the game it almost glistens. And thanks for pointing out the custom font. On the Porsche, the Continental Tire logo is Custom mixed with stock font, but I added what hoped to look like a horse. The Weather Tech number box is stock font. The Hamofa logo is completely custom, I just wish I could draw an engine better lol. As for the vintage racer, the GTS 1973 logo and Koni symbol are custom as well as the Sev Marchal stuff those were fun to draw even the Shell Double T logo which I thought was pretty cool. More to come Ace don't you worry. This time I'm trying my hand at all original designs and not replica's so I hope that goes well.

Quick Reply
6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error