6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:49:10 PM(UTC)
After FH2 they acknowledged how playing the same sound loop repeatedly can really grate on one's nerves and they even said they would not make that same mistake again.

Yet here we are.

On a side note, the ambient noise in the main menu of FM7 could not be disabled or turned down either and that never changed.

It's so annoying how much Forza games just don't allow you to simply switch things on or off.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:39:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 12:06:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperHornetA51 Go to Quoted Post
To turn off music completely, you must go into your audio options and enable "Streamer Mode", that will disable all music. Also it resets every time you start the game.

this is the answer i was looking for, thanks!
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 2:34:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kasset Spelare Go to Quoted Post
Tried the search function but found nothing, somehow ended up on FH3 forum while doing so..

Is there a way to turn off the radio completely ? In the options I can only set it as low as 1 and that is still
annyoing me while playing, I want to hear the engine, tires and sfx and not the radio with some radio announcer
screaming every 3rd minute..

Using the D-Pad you can cycle through the radio stations untill you get the "Radio Off" option. Also you can turn down other specific settings in the audio settings.
If you're looking to turn the radio off in terms of content creating, I would suggest also turn "Streamer Mode" On

Hope this helps.
 4 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:58:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Tried the search function but found nothing, somehow ended up on FH3 forum while doing so..

Is there a way to turn off the radio completely ? In the options I can only set it as low as 1 and that is still
annyoing me while playing, I want to hear the engine, tires and sfx and not the radio with some radio announcer

Using the D-Pad you can cycle through the radio stations untill you get the "Radio Off" option. Also you can turn down other specific settings in the audio settings.
If you're looking to turn the radio off in terms of content creating, I would suggest also turn "Streamer Mode" On

Hope this helps.

Good morning!

Cycling through is a hassle, but wouldn't be so bad if it at least defaulted to what we choose. It resets to a different radio station every time you launch the game.

Same with Streamer Mode, every time you reset the game its back to off.

Some of us dont want to hear music. Its the first thing I turn off in literally every game I play.
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:03:42 AM(UTC)

Hope this helps.

Couldn't there have been a simple option in the audio settings that says "music off"?

Needlessly complicated.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:17:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: THE DAGZ Go to Quoted Post

ga
Hope this helps.

Good morning!

Cycling through is a hassle, but wouldn't be so bad if it at least defaulted to what we choose. It resets to a different radio station every time you launch the game.

Same with Streamer Mode, every time you reset the game its back to off.

Some of us dont want to hear music. Its the first thing I turn off in literally every game I play.

I don't have that issue. I turned the Radio Off, and never needed to do that again...even after the updates that resetted the game. In fact, when showing the statitstics, it appears "Favourite Radio Station: Not used".
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:29:00 AM(UTC)
Opening music is terrible can we turn it off or change it?

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:36:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:26:05 AM(UTC)
Long story short if you turn on streamer mode and turn music volume down all the way as well as turn radio station to off you can still hear the ambient party music at the drag strip in the horizon event as well as in the general area of the event.

My ears are still being constantly pounded with DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA DONT CHA KNOW THAT ITS COMIN.

Devs pls fix game is driving me completely insane.
 4 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 12:58:27 PM(UTC)
I figured out I can turn the radio off, but it still plays music when loading events. Music volume goes down to 1 but not 0.
I like listening to my own tunes while playing. It's really annoying to have two songs playing at the same time when loading an event.

Pretty much every video game in existence lets you turn the music off

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:00:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:37:08 PM(UTC)
Turn Streamer Mode on in Audio settings.

That's the best you can do for some reason.

PC & XB1
#61 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:26:38 PM(UTC)
Seriously man, thank you!
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 6:51:05 AM(UTC)
RetroKrystal can you also please let the devs know we would like an option to mute the music during the before and after race cut-scenes? It's very annoying having to listen to the same crappy song over and over before and after each race. Please let us turn the music all the way down. I have my own music I listen to while playing this game.
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 10:15:21 PM(UTC)
Even the volume is set to 1, the radio is still a bit loud.
I can still hear clearly.
Of course, my main concern is that the loading, end race scene music is not adjustable, even I have switched off the radio.
 4 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:34:37 PM(UTC)
This must be the only game I have ever played where you can't turn off the in game music completely.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:58:54 PM(UTC)
When I'm listening to Pulse and a song I hate comes on (and chances are good at that), then it's three quick taps to reach XS. If the song there is terrible, two more to find Timeless. If I'm bored with that, one more tap to turn the radio Off.

So, from Pulse it's six taps to kill the radio, from XS it's going to be three.
 3 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:10:19 PM(UTC)

Hope this helps.

Or they could just have a universal "Music = Off" option so that no music plays ever again.

If you bump the d-pad you have to cycle through every station again just so you can turn it off. You can only turn the volume down to 1 instead of 0 or off. If you use streamer mode and bump the d-pad you still have music playing. It's the things like this that should have been fixed a long time ago that still haven't been that is baffling. Every other game out there has an option to turn music off. Why doesn't Forza? This is something that could easily be done for the next update but I doubt it will ever get fixed.
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:53:27 AM(UTC)
Since yesterday I have background music [clasiek] what I haven.t heard before, this is also not to dim or to remove, this is very annoying, I do not use music while driving. how to disable this
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:29:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
You can only turn the volume down to 1 instead of 0 or off. If you use streamer mode and bump the d-pad you still have music playing. It's the things like this that should have been fixed a long time ago that still haven't been that is baffling. Every other game out there has an option to turn music off. Why doesn't Forza? This is something that could easily be done for the next update but I doubt it will ever get fixed.

They probably have licensing deals with the record labels and it rewards Microsoft/T10/PG if they can display metrics for how much exposure they give to their music.

That and the general heavy handed and overbearing attitude that the franchise has carried for most of this console generation.

PC & XB1
#69 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:02:39 PM(UTC)
Is there any way to turn the radio / music completely off?
I tried the demo and I couldn't find a way to turn off the radio/music. I could turn the volume way down but not OFF. I could still hear it. If I want to listen to music I prefer listening to my real life radio.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2018 8:25:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 2:39:47 PM(UTC)
Mind if you have something in the result screen for the music NOT to play please? I am getting tired of that.
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 4:08:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HakuReimuMiko Go to Quoted Post
Mind if you have something in the result screen for the music NOT to play please? I am getting tired of that.

That's even worse, as it uses a much smaller selection of songs (so you get sick of them faster) AND it just plays a short sample repeated over and over again, so if you're cycling through a lot of post-race windows it gets quite jarring. A bit better now that you can skip quickly through the progression-bar screens etc but you'll still likely hear at least one loop.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:14:37 AM(UTC)
Surely there’s a way to turn it off and I just haven’t found it, right? Those same sections from those same 3-4 songs over and over and over and over have to go. Not to mention if I’m playing with a headset, I’m usually paired to my phone and playing my own music. Please tell me I’m just not seeing the adjustment.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:21:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:38:54 AM(UTC)
turn on streamer mode in the audio options, have to redo this every time you start the game.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#74 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:49:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
turn on streamer mode in the audio options, have to redo this every time you start the game.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:23:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post

So annoying.
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error