This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:18:41 AM(UTC)
The performance of this car is really disappointing in this game. The dodge demon in real life (bone stock) can pull a sub 10 sec run in a 1/4 mile strip, but in the game while being fully upgraded, the car was not able to pull a sub 10 sec run in a 1/5 mile strip (in-game strip is less than 1/4 mile). Pretty unfair for such an icon of dragsters. 1000+hp car cant pull a sub 10 sec run :( i tried many tunes, but the best i got is 9.79. Is it my fault or the car's?
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:12:39 AM(UTC)
1. Did you have drag tires on? I haven't tried the Demon, but I've run a few other cars and with 1k hp and drag tires, most everything can run < 10s at the festival drag strip.
2. How much wheelspin are you getting at launch? If it's very much at all, then you need to feather the throttle or adjust gearing for a better launch.
3. Consider the track conditions. I haven't looked at the drag strip in winter yet, but in fall there was visible moisture on the surface and I'm pretty sure it does have at least a little effect. If it's icy now then you'll have to blueprint it to summer.
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:27:42 AM(UTC)
IIRC the Demon in the game can't use its Red Key. :)
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:39:15 AM(UTC)
It is kinda weird that a car that can go 0-60 in under 1 second can barely even cross the line quick enough.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:31:43 PM(UTC)
It's a Dodge, consider yourself lucky that it starts🤭
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:41:56 PM(UTC)
Its a Dodge Demon with a Honda Civic motor xD there is no Demon about it compared to the real life version. in FH4 it just feel slow as hell. did like to see a buff for it so it can be closer to the real life. My mini cooper is even faster then the dodge demon xD
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:31:17 PM(UTC)
I was also pretty disappointed when I got it. Even with drag tires it's slow. I think part of the problem is that I can't shift through the first three gears fast enough. Of course that's why the real car has an automatic; but the game's automatic mode just slows you down. The car is definitely not right though.

My ride: 2011 Camaro SS/RS My FH4 Gallery
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:40:30 PM(UTC)
It's incredibly difficult to replicate the advanced launch and traction control as well as various other systems such as the active suspension/dampers with forzas physics. Other cars with dynamic systems irl in this game fall short as well.
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:42:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It's a Dodge, consider yourself lucky that it starts🤭

I have owned various Dodge/Chrysler products thru the years, not once has one failed to start and/or broken on me, unless you count a cheap battery exploding. That happened.

#10 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:02:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CamaroGuy96 Go to Quoted Post
I was also pretty disappointed when I got it. Even with drag tires it's slow. I think part of the problem is that I can't shift through the first three gears fast enough. Of course that's why the real car has an automatic; but the game's automatic mode just slows you down. The car is definitely not right though.

You actually bring up a good point here...

I find it weird that developers for racing games think manual is still faster than automatic, years ago yes, but in most cases now its not. Semi-automatic, seamless shift gearboxes etc, is what is used now for new cars.

I think they missed a trick with drag strips in the game, they should have it where you have to do launch control starts or something like that and if you hit the sweet spot... then away you go.
#11 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 12:53:20 AM(UTC)
Unfortunately it is incredibly slow. Feels like not even half of its power is there.
I think Forza physics are starting to become a problem with all the new and very different high-performance cars. Manual still faster than automatic, yet irl even the 10-speed automatic Mustang is faster than his 6-speed manual counterpart.
Launch control.
Active and very complex aerodynamics. If they ever add the Huracán Performante I don't think they can do its superb ALA-system justice which makes the car THAT good. The same happens with the LaFerrari which was always more or less garbage in Forza titles.

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2018 12:54:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 12:57:15 AM(UTC)
Yeah i was also very disapointed when i build that car and tested ( i didint build dragster just racer) When i was tuning that car i was like "geez this can really get off the line quickly" and as soon i hit throttle first time i was god this car feels slow. I agree that should be mutch faster with those stats.

Notification

Icon
Error