This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:35:04 PM(UTC)
The 7 million had me stunned as well, but with the right car and tune in the right place you can bank some pretty big skill chains. So it's not impossible, just more of a chore than necessary.

Also, the cap for perk points earned in a single chain is now at 10 instead of the 3 it was in FH3, so you'll be able to earn a decent amount of those without having to cut the skill chains short. Spend some on the car you're using, especially the Extra Life perk if you're going for long skill chains.

I recommend the frozen fields scattered around for this particular challenge, because they are the easiest to maintain drifts on.

Skill songs are also nice (I'm not going to spoil how to unlock those here as it's part of the discovery aspect.)

While the game should save whenever you've earned something, it's useful to fast travel to one of your houses or switch cars to force trigger a save. Then pause the game once the save icon disappears before exiting it. This should avoid progress being lost.

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:36:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: The Band, Elwood, the Band!

#52 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:44:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
Are there any offroad vehicles in particular that are best suited for this challenge with their skill tree perks?

I used the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor with the "Fastest" tune made by HAWKbest. The F-150 has perks for Combo, Wreckage, Wrecking Ball, and Air bonuses. A drift bonus might be more useful, but I'm not sure if any Offroad vehicle has that.
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:55:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
Are there any offroad vehicles in particular that are best suited for this challenge with their skill tree perks?

I used the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor with the "Fastest" tune made by HAWKbest. The F-150 has perks for Combo, Wreckage, Wrecking Ball, and Air bonuses. A drift bonus might be more useful, but I'm not sure if any Offroad vehicle has that.

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up using the Land Rover HE (the one in the Forzathon store) since it has the FE destruction bonus, plus air, drift, combo, wreckage and wrecking ball skills (plus a bunch of wheelspins which I'll have the points to unlock after completing this challenge).
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:56:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RealLocutus Go to Quoted Post
Well thanks for this nice Chapter (sarcasm!) - 7 Million Points?
Why is the Progress not saved? I had over 1 Million already, had to restart the Game and started at zero again. So I have to get these 7 Mio Points in one run. Yeah thanks, sounds like fun. Not really.

Yup, had the same issue. Did around 3.5M then headed out for lunch and return to finish the 'weekly' Forzathon and yup reset to Zero. I used the exact same offroad vehicle when I returned, regardless if the even is 7M in an offroad for weekly even it should bank it for the week and on any offroader.

Nice. A weekly event you must complete in one sitting. Unless it is specific to a platform, I am playing on PC since my XboxS can't do 60fps.

[And FH4, stop messing with my setting for the map icons dang it, leave as I did thank you]

Zak

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:57:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:08:31 PM(UTC)
Awesome I loved Blizzard mountain, about to try it out now just waiting for the update!
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:24:01 PM(UTC)
Just had a skill chain reset on me when my internet flaked out and I got disconnected from the online session. Not Cool. 7 million points is obnoxious enough as it is.
 5 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:56:04 PM(UTC)
PSA: quick farm the 7 million on this week's forzathon
Step 1 - get the 1972 Land Rover Forza Edition. If you don't have it already don't spend your forzathon points on it. Go to the auction house, there's tons of them you can get one for under a 100K mine only cost 50K.

Step 2 - unlock all of the perks that help with skill score. The extra life perk is optional if you're low on perk points.

Step 3 - upgrade the vehicle with all the power add-ons and such. If you need a good tune I've got one, (S869) go grab it. You should be able to start with quite a few of the parts upgraded if you buy it on the auction house. Most of the ones on the AH are round 800. But you want to add the rest of the engine upgrades, the extra power helps push it through the snow.

Step 4 - travel to the Huntsman's Lodge home which is just to the right of the now frozen over lake. Head down the driveway and out into the open field.

Step 5 - If you're using the tune that I gave, get it set up in 4th gear on manual transmission and just blast your way around that whole area. The only place you really have to be careful is the one large tree next to the house and there is one random large tree towards the outside edge of that huge area. Otherwise you can just go balls out and run around smashing everything get some e drifts wreckage are you name it.

Step 6 - once you hit the 500,000 cap stop the vehicle, let it cash in your 10 perk points.

Step 7 - open the map, fast travel anywhere on the map. Then fast travel back to the huntsman's lodge and repeat. The reason for traveling away from this area and back is that it forces a reset on all of the destructible items. If you continue to ride around in that area many of the things will not respawn for a while and it will become harder to chain together good combos.

You should be able to get the 7 million in under 90 minutes. If you're really working on it and pushing you can probably do it in under an hour. I'm sure there's some other methods to do this, but this one works excellent and will get it out of the way and it's quite a bit of fun as well. For a good break in the middle of it keep an eye on the announcements and go do the forzathon live and help your buddies get some forzathon points and then come back.

Also if you are a wheel user like I am, I suggest doing this with the controller. I found the controller is so much easier to do any kind of drift event because of the quick ability to snap the joystick back and forth. You can get your e-brake drift and regular drift so much more controlled and whatnot. I do find it more enjoyable with the wheel but it is definitely a lot less work and when you're just farming stuff it's nice to get it done with a little less effort.

Hope this helps some of you.

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:36:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:09:59 PM(UTC)
oh wow this is too much fun, amazing graphics and I love how the whole map is in Winter now......and I was doing the drift story mode online, so now the story missions too are in winter that is cool
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:13:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grumpy 0ld GlT Go to Quoted Post
The Autumn Forzathon, wasn’t working properly.
Now we have changed to Winter this isn’t working properly either.
The weekly challenges, own & drive any off-road vehicle, this is ticked,
Collateral Damage
I’ve been driving around getting skill points & wrecking Balls in my LR series 3 HE, but has not registered wrecking ball & no skill points just says zero of 7mil.
The same happened with the NSX-R Challenges.
Some worked others didn’t.
The daily challenges are working it’s just the weekly challenges not working properly.

Y DOES THIS NOT SAY THIS HAS TO BE ACHIEVED WHILE RACING.

It doesn't say they have to be achieved while racing, because they don't. They just have to be done in order.

#60 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:30:47 PM(UTC)
I have a tune up for the 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept FE, S class. It has double destruction skills! An absolute beast!!
#61 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:38:10 PM(UTC)
I got in my offroad vehicle and even bought a new one a drove it. Doesn't complete challenge one. Am I missing something? Nevermind.. I didn't realize it specifically had to be "offroad".

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:50:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I'm dumb

#62 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:43:05 PM(UTC)
So does the 7 mil points have to be completed in 1 shot cause if it does im not trying the weekly challanges anymore to hard for all that even with the best vechile setup
#63 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:46:55 PM(UTC)
Just had a skill chain reset on me when my internet flaked out and I got disconnected from the online session. Not Cool. 7 million points is obnoxious enough as it is.

Me too. Online went down and lost a skill song closing in on 500k.
Kind of a bummer.
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:10:56 PM(UTC)
Did the Weekly Challenge tonight; the 7,000,000 is a grind. Gets a little boring after awhile, especially considering that if you want to maximize the Skill Points you receive, you’re taking a small break at each 100,000.

Got the ‘’Overachiever” achievement on the first Danger Sign attempt by using the stock Aventador FE.
#65 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:59:57 PM(UTC)
Whoever came up with that 7 million Forzathon, I hate you. I did it but I hate you. A bit much.

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:03:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:05:34 PM(UTC)
When you go to the Horizon Life tab, on the left is a block called "Season Planner". Opening it up shows me 3 new events for Winter season (Red Icon events)

-007: The living daylights (Road Racing)
-Horizon Seasonal: Snow Monsters (Road Racing)
-The Trial: Break the Ice (Cross Country)

When I click view on map, there are no icons for these races. When I try to just find them on the map myself, cant locate. What am I missing? I have 4 other Red Icon events, but none of them are the ones listed in the season planner.

I do have these events:

-Arthurs Seat Cross Country
-Moorhead Rally Trail
-Astmoore heritage circuit
-Beach View Cross Country

Road Racing is my favourite event so I am keen to play the 2 new ones for this seaon, please help. Thanks

#67 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:06:42 PM(UTC)
When you go to the Horizon Life tab, on the left is a block called "Season Planner". Opening it up shows me 3 new events for Winter season (Red Icon events)

-007: The living daylights (Road Racing)
-Horizon Seasonal: Snow Monsters (Road Racing)
-The Trial: Break the Ice (Cross Country)

When I click view on map, there are no icons for these races. When I try to just find them on the map myself, cant locate. What am I missing? I have 4 other Red Icon events, but none of them are the ones listed in the season planner.

I do have these events:

-Arthurs Seat Cross Country
-Moorhead Rally Trail
-Astmoore heritage circuit
-Beach View Cross Country

Road Racing is my favourite event so I am keen to play the 2 new ones for this seaon, please help. Thanks

1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:17:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pepsikiller01 Go to Quoted Post
So does the 7 mil points have to be completed in 1 shot cause if it does im not trying the weekly challanges anymore to hard for all that even with the best vechile setup

No, not all in one chain, can switch vehicles, can fast travel, can collect barn finds and do forzathon live, anything in between. So long as you use an off-road class vehicle. Not extreme off-road, not buggies, just off-road.

I used a combination of the Ford raptor, the Landy Fe from the skill shop as well as the Colorado. All perk trees got filled on those when done.
#69 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:52:58 PM(UTC)
I believe you need to actually start one of those races to see the actual name as the race loads, it will display "-007: The living daylights " ...One of those races should display that. I may be wrong but I know that for the Autumn Season, I noticed the same thing however what I did was online Matchmaking PVP, and by doing that over and over I remember going through all the races names that were on the Planner, but the name only showed up as the race was loading....I presume it will work the same way here, I'm trying it now actually.
User is suspended until 10/28/2018 1:21:14 AM(UTC)
#70 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:14:05 PM(UTC)
Was on part 4 of weekly, with 5.2 million, turned off Xbox to go for supper, came back and was at 0, built it back up to 1 million, back at 0 again, anyone else?
#71 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:34:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Luhnk Go to Quoted Post
Was on part 4 of weekly, with 5.2 million, turned off Xbox to go for supper, came back and was at 0, built it back up to 1 million, back at 0 again, anyone else?

make sure the game is saving before turning off

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite 😠😠
#72 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:48:58 PM(UTC)
Yup apperently you need to it in one setting, it made me stop handicaping my self n unlock all skill perks for my land rover fw and head towards astmoor where there lots of destruction items.
#73 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:50:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SillySinStorm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SillySinStorm Go to Quoted Post
No Barn Find rumour in-game yet??

I have had 2 already for winter barn finds.

I've had none yet 😞

I was only playing for a short time yesterday evening like 10 mins and i got the barn find roumer no problems at all have it collected and all

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:51:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:07:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post
Man, the Forzathon shops are always so lame

Man a lot of complaints on here are so lame

Watch out they bite 😠😠
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:21:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nemesis464 Go to Quoted Post
Man, the Forzathon shops are always so lame

I wish the super wheelspins were cheaper. The rewards compared to the regular one isnt even close! OR give an option to buy super wheelspins like a treasure map or something

They will never sell super wheelspin as this is considered gambling and has been removed from all forza titles and will not be added to any in the future.

Maybe you can buy them using some sort of ingame credits that don't take too much time or effort to earn
Oh wait.....

Watch out they bite 😠😠
12 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error