This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 10 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:21:55 AM(UTC)
Q: How do I upload images into Forza so I can use them in paints?
A: This is not possible, has never been possible, and will likely never be possible.

Q: Are you sure?
A: Quite sure.

Q: But I've seen incredible looking images on cars that have to be imported images!
A: Hard as it may be to believe, they are the result of hard work, time and persistence of the fantastic painters you see posting below.

Q: How do they do it?
A: They use the vinyl editor in game, combined with time and effort and expertise that results from years of practice.

Q: The editor only has the most basic of shapes, surely there's some sort of sorcery involved, isn't there?
A: I promise you, it is indeed all done with the shapes you see in the editor. Also, in very few cases, some possible sorcery.

Q: Are you sure?
A: Quite sure.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:32:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator

4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:28:54 AM(UTC)
In all seriousness, images cannot be imported into Forza and everything you see is the result of being created with the in-game editor. Open it up and get stuck in, and feel free to ask in this forum for any help or tips you might need to succeed. More people taking up painting pushes us all to do better and be better.

✔ Verified Moderator

4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:47:44 AM(UTC)
It would be nice of the editor allowed clear views of all angles of the cars in all 3 zoom positions.

There are way too many places where when trying to line objects from one panel to another there is way too much guess work as you just cant get a good view.

Perhaps allow a free view like in forzavista? Would be a massive help to us hacks and pros alike.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:58:49 AM(UTC)
Are you sure?
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:45:06 PM(UTC)
Even the Hatsune Miku one?
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:24:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gumba Masta Go to Quoted Post
Even the Hatsune Miku one?

There are loads of Hatsune Miku paints out there and they will all have been made in the livery editor.

#7 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:25:31 AM(UTC)
Well... I'm impressed
#8 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 11:32:05 AM(UTC)
a little youtube link to help prove how they are made by one of my friends https://youtu.be/zo52ipSWIbg
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:41:52 PM(UTC)
So how do I upload an image? Asking for a friend.

FH4 Liveries | FM7 Liveries | Tunes Available, Search Criteria: DEW
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:45:25 PM(UTC)
Yep, no way to do it, and it really blows. Where the Forza paint editor used to be ahead of the competition, it has now fallen woefully behind. Sure, there are few limits to what you can do, and I've had fun making my own stuff, but the effort it takes to create something is much higher than it needs to be. Both Gran Turismo and even better, iRacing both allow you to upload imagesnto ise on the cars.
Does it mean people can just Google a pic and slap it on? Yeah, but for those of us who enjoys creating digital art and cohesive paint scheme's, it's a huge quality of life improvement. Its really time this system gets updated to the current generation.
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:47:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Yep, no way to do it, and it really blows. Where the Forza paint editor used to be ahead of the competition, it has now fallen woefully behind. Sure, there are few limits to what you can do, and I've had fun making my own stuff, but the effort it takes to create something is much higher than it needs to be. Both Gran Turismo and even better, iRacing both allow you to upload imagesnto ise on the cars.
Does it mean people can just Google a pic and slap it on? Yeah, but for those of us who enjoys creating digital art and cohesive paint scheme's, it's a huge quality of life improvement. Its really time this system gets updated to the current generation.

Dammit, posted that while I wasn't signed in lol
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 11:45:01 AM(UTC)

I fully agree. The tools in the game are seriously lacking in functionality. No bend or twist options. No way to flatten layers to create your own unique shapes withoit sacrificing layer count and near impossible angles to view from, especially if you are working on the side near the front or back. Takes more time than it's worth just setting up the view in my opinion.

Problem is, everone wants to run to Google and steal artwork without even bothering to check the terms of use.
I'm a graphic designer and photographer, no need for Google other than posdible reference images.

Also, the ability to import my own art would help bypass a lot of other flaws in the models.
Take the hood scoops. You can't vinyl just the scoop very easily, you end up with vinyl on the hood as well. I'm sure I could load up the hood with a bunch of circles and hope to work around it, of they could make the scoop itself a seperate object.

There's a lot they can do to improve the paint department, but do they care enough about what we think?

Why would it be a huge problem to flatten layers for instance? That would save a lot of layers in complicated designs and cut down on load times. Probably solve some of the misaligned display glitches I notice sometimes. That drives me crazy, see something off in a race, go back to the garage just to find out it was a dispay glitch.
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 11:26:37 AM(UTC)
Quick question. How is this image possible? https://twitter.com/xDea...atus/1071484633827733505
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 9:40:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Deathcraft x Go to Quoted Post
Quick question. How is this image possible? https://twitter.com/xDea...atus/1071484633827733505

since it's 'pixelated', it's actually easier to do than you would expect, since there are fewer layers used to make it than if it was a photorealistic picture.

That said, could I do it? Probably not.

edit- I realized that was a lousy 'how do you do it' answer so I should expand a bit...
first off, if you pixelate an image in photoshop you get this:

Now here's a close up (it's enlarged quite a bit from a low-res picture, so the edges aren't as sharp as they would be in the actual picture):

So each pixel is a single color- now, you have to painstakingly match each pixel's color (in the Forza editor, you'd be making squares of the same size) to the color in the image.

Hieronymus1967, I hope it's ok that I put this here.

Edited by user Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:10:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:36:18 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I'm looking for help from anyone and everyone who is able to assist me with an old issue (but new to me). I'm an avid Forza fan (I own all of the Forza discs: FM 1 thru 7; FH 1 thru 4; incl. the special versions). I have expended countless hours creating personal vinyls and designs in FM4 and I would like to transfer them to FH4 and FM7. I know I cannot bring over the whole car design, but the vinyls would help so that I don't have to start all over again from scratch. I played up thru FM4 and FH2 on the Xbox 360, and just recently purchased the Xbox One so that I could finally play my other discs: FM5-7 and FH3-4.

Is there anyone who can walk me through this process? I tried importing vinyls into FH1 from FM4 on the Xbox 360, then from FH1 to FH2. However, none of my FH2 vinyls show up on the import tabs within the other Xbox One games, and they specifically allow vinyl imports from FH2. I want to show off my hard work, so I need your help.

Thanks in advance.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 10:13:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zRacerXnSpeed0z Go to Quoted Post
I have expended countless hours creating personal vinyls and designs in FM4 and I would like to transfer them to FH4 and FM7. .

Content created in Xbox 360 titles cannot be imported into Xbox One titles.
User is suspended until 1/1/2047 12:32:04 PM(UTC)
#17 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 12:13:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post

I fully agree. The tools in the game are seriously lacking in functionality. No bend or twist options. No way to flatten layers to create your own unique shapes withoit sacrificing layer count and near impossible angles to view from, especially if you are working on the side near the front or back. Takes more time than it's worth just setting up the view in my opinion.

Problem is, everone wants to run to Google and steal artwork without even bothering to check the terms of use.
I'm a graphic designer and photographer, no need for Google other than posdible reference images.

Also, the ability to import my own art would help bypass a lot of other flaws in the models.
Take the hood scoops. You can't vinyl just the scoop very easily, you end up with vinyl on the hood as well. I'm sure I could load up the hood with a bunch of circles and hope to work around it, of they could make the scoop itself a seperate object.

There's a lot they can do to improve the paint department, but do they care enough about what we think?
i got back into forza waiting for a reason to get back in & fm7 apex got me started.

Why would it be a huge problem to flatten layers for instance? That would save a lot of layers in complicated designs and cut down on load times. Probably solve some of the misaligned display glitches I notice sometimes. That drives me crazy, see something off in a race, go back to the garage just to find out it was a dispay glitch.

Hello,

I'm looking for help from anyone and everyone who is able to assist me with an old issue (but new to me). I'm an avid Forza fan (I own all of the Forza discs: FM 1 thru 7; FH 1 thru 4; incl. the special versions). I have expended countless hours creating personal vinyls and designs in FM4 and I would like to transfer them to FH4 and FM7. I know I cannot bring over the whole car design, but the vinyls would help so that I don't have to start all over again from scratch. I played up thru FM4 and FH2 on the Xbox 360, and just recently purchased the Xbox One so that I could finally play my other discs: FM5-7 and FH3-4.

Is there anyone who can walk me through this process? I tried importing vinyls into FH1 from FM4 on the Xbox 360, then from FH1 to FH2. However, none of my FH2 vinyls show up on the import tabs within the other Xbox One games, and they specifically allow vinyl imports from FH2. I want to show off my hard work, so I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if i am posting correctly but i struggle with export of fm7 to fh4. i am on a PC & have loved forza since the 1st game but it few tracks & i think No MP. did designs in fm3-4 but takes a LOT of time like others have said.
i imagine by now the game should have made it easier, fm7 has the flip/flop fh4 doesn't BUT FH4 does have a better color palette ! really struggle with this & that for some reason i can't export & or syn my FM7 creations to fh4.
ANy one having that issue (s) or is my win 10 install need a RE install ???
OK, think i got it right, just wanted to thumb up things the game like others say SHOULD have been better.
Love forza, 1 thing i ALSO love is design, i stink @ tunes but i ain't horrible with color :)

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2018 12:18:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:45:33 AM(UTC)
I often wanted to upload one of my rendered characters to Forza as use as a paint scheme but now I see it is impossible to achieve.

like this example:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7LN59FSSU/

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:49:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:50:06 PM(UTC)
[img=null]Scrap a car Scotland [/img]
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 12:15:36 PM(UTC)
I get it. What games DO allow you to upload your own photos and images into them?
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 2:56:20 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

2/2/2019
It's been a couple months now and I've recreated several of my old FM4 and FH1 designs and vinyls from scratch. I have loaded them into FM7 (vinyls only) and into FH4 (designs and vinyls). I have placed them on cars, driven them in races, and won races; still, the game lists me as only a level 1 painter. Also, it appears to have blocked me from being able to sell my painted cars at auction. What gives? All the game can tell me is that I need to get "100 Influence points" to move to painter level 2. How do I do this? There's nothing there to explain "influence points". As far as I can tell, there are different "influence points" for different actions; painting, tuning, driving, etc. Does painting rely on creating designs, downloading designs from others, rating others' photos, and/or sharing my designs/vinyls with others "FOR FREE"? I'm not for the latter, esp. when it comes to the designs I spent days creating. Also, along those lines, how is it that I can purchase a car, go to the list of available designs and FIND A DESIGN I CREATED (I know it's my specific design of a real-life race car and not someone else's recreation of that car because it also contains the special nuances and embellishments I added to the design)? To make matters worse, why is it that the cars I put up for auction never appear in the general listing of auctions; the list that appears when there's 1 min or less time left in the auction? Finally, just like the auctions, the photos I share seem to only appear in this game when you search for my specific gamer tag, so nobody ever knows if I've shared anything or posted any auctions. THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

At least in earlier games we all had the ability to see new photos, postings, etc. by all users and were allowed even chances of viewing, buying, rating or downloading their items. In my opinion, FH4 seems to be biased towards certain users - - which is a real bummer for newcomers.
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:14:57 AM(UTC)
Weird question and possibly the wrong thread, but does anybody know of any good Rick and Morty paint jobs or decals?
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:13:22 AM(UTC)
Yes there’s one that I’ve seen on a koenigsegg.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:34:48 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

2/2/2019
It's been a couple months now and I've recreated several of my old FM4 and FH1 designs and vinyls from scratch. I have loaded them into FM7 (vinyls only) and into FH4 (designs and vinyls). I have placed them on cars, driven them in races, and won races; still, the game lists me as only a level 1 painter. Also, it appears to have blocked me from being able to sell my painted cars at auction. What gives? All the game can tell me is that I need to get "100 Influence points" to move to painter level 2. How do I do this? There's nothing there to explain "influence points". As far as I can tell, there are different "influence points" for different actions; painting, tuning, driving, etc. Does painting rely on creating designs, downloading designs from others, rating others' photos, and/or sharing my designs/vinyls with others "FOR FREE"? I'm not for the latter, esp. when it comes to the designs I spent days creating. Also, along those lines, how is it that I can purchase a car, go to the list of available designs and FIND A DESIGN I CREATED (I know it's my specific design of a real-life race car and not someone else's recreation of that car because it also contains the special nuances and embellishments I added to the design)? To make matters worse, why is it that the cars I put up for auction never appear in the general listing of auctions; the list that appears when there's 1 min or less time left in the auction? Finally, just like the auctions, the photos I share seem to only appear in this game when you search for my specific gamer tag, so nobody ever knows if I've shared anything or posted any auctions. THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

At least in earlier games we all had the ability to see new photos, postings, etc. by all users and were allowed even chances of viewing, buying, rating or downloading their items. In my opinion, FH4 seems to be biased towards certain users - - which is a real bummer for newcomers.

+1 on all of this ^. my kids wont play Forza anymore because of this and the auction scam (that's what they call it). I wonder if they realize that they're losing players and revenue because of the bias towards certain players. we have been blocked from auction purchases and none of our designs ever get put on the recommended design page while some plain white garbage designs stays there for months.
My kids gave up after they got ripped at the auction. Purchased an Ariel Atom for 12 million thinking they could use it then sell it, only to find out it's only worth 179k at the auction. That crippled their bank account and not interested in putting in the time to make it back, so they moved on to other stuff. It was a teaching moment for my younger kids as they learned all about scams and how they are even in your video games. my two cents
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:41:26 PM(UTC)
It's all done by modders using programs to do it and modding them in and to be the paint jobs on the car cuz there's no possible way doing time and effort to do all of those paint jobs that look just like pictures if you believe their BS I'm sorry but all they're trying to do is get you to get their stuff and that's pretty much it don't let them bs
ing you about it's taking time and effort we're doing the editor cuz they're not it's all a programs
Quick Reply
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error