5 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:12:37 AM(UTC)
I dont suppose anyone has found a way to sell cars but NOT through the auction house?

Not sure if i'm being stupid or there isnt the option...

Having loads of un used cars in my garage is pretty annoying but i don't want to just remove them to the tune of nothing in return and the sale is never guaranteed through the auction house.

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:24:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: endaloo Go to Quoted Post
I dont suppose anyone has found a way to sell cars but NOT through the auction house?

Not sure if i'm being stupid or there isnt the option...

Having loads of un used cars in my garage is pretty annoying but i don't want to just remove them to the tune of nothing in return and the sale is never guaranteed through the auction house.

Only way you can get rid of cars is sell them at the auction house or remove the car from your garage which gives you nothing.
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:24:41 PM(UTC)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what was the most profitable thing to do when it comes to getting rid of cars in the game, do they get more cash in the Auction House or do you get more Cash from Scrapping them?

3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:12:46 PM(UTC)
Im confused what is this scrapping I keep hearing about. removing cars from the garage doesnt give me any money
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:10:11 PM(UTC)
I'd also like to know. No idea what muppet came up with and approved this idiotic idea of not letting us sell cars. Sure you can auction them, but generally you're getting rid of it because you don't want it.. just like everyone else who has flooded the block with them.
 13 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:09:55 AM(UTC)
Greetings,

After playing through only a couple seasons so far, I have quite a full inventory of vehicles, most of which I cannot get rid of other than to delete them.

There should be a system to sell vehicles back to the autoshow, or otherwise sell them without needing another player to buy them. We can buy cars from the autoshow, and receive them as prizes, but there is no way to offload them. I'm a minimalist, so I only want the cars I use in my garage, but I feel like I should get something out of the ones I'm getting rid of. I think we should be able to sell them for a small amount. Even if it's only 5% of their value.

If we could offload vehicles, maybe the auction wouldn't be as flooded as it is and some of these vehicles would gain a little value.

Wouldn't it be awesome to incorporate selling your vehicles through a business? The game touches on business already, imagine if we had a dealership we could put our unwanted vehicles in and they would sell over time. (Even if for a fraction of their value) I would love that!
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:20:59 AM(UTC)
The inability to sell cars directly is a money sink to slow the rate of inflation.

✔ Verified Moderator

10 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:30:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
The inability to sell cars directly is a money sink to slow the rate of inflation.

You mean the inflation induced by all the cheating leaderboard top clans? :P

It sure will help alot. For one moment it sounded almost like a serious answer.

I like Skridger's idea. Most cars are unsellables in the AH, it would be nice to get half the car value with a quick-sell feature.
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:34:01 AM(UTC)
Well, what I tend to do with the "Common" cars is check the Car Mastery and see it I can get Credits or Wheelspins. If so, I spend some Skill Points and hope for a Wheelspin payout of 10,000 credits. If I get that, I'll just remove the car afterwards with the idea that I got some money out of the car.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:37:30 AM(UTC)
Cheaters will get their comeuppance in due course.

Games such as this with an in-game economy require money sinks to either take game currency out of the system or prevent additional currency entering it. If players sold their cars to the game, the game would be creating new credits that then add to the overall pool of currency instead of merely moving currency from one player to another as happens when a car is sold via auction.

✔ Verified Moderator

19 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:43:31 AM(UTC)

Games such as this with an in-game economy require money sinks to either take game currency out of the system or prevent additional currency entering it. If players sold their cars to the game, the game would be creating new credits that then add to the overall pool of currency instead of merely moving currency from one player to another as happens when a car is sold via auction.

This is an invalid argument, as winning races creates currency that didn't exist before. The game doesn't have a bank of credits, there is no economy. It's not like

"The players in Horizon have to share 20bil credits with everyone else, once the cap is reached you have to sell cars in the auction house for money (at which we take 10% of it lmao"

That's just ludicrous.
 6 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:43:52 AM(UTC)
It's also annoying when get duplicate car on wheelspin that will add garage automaticly there should be option to "quick sell" or at least remove it right away so garage dont fill up with those duplicate cars that dont have any value at actionhouse.
 6 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:51:27 AM(UTC)

Selling cars back works fine in MS 7. Don’t know any reason that it would work differently just because it is Horizon.

2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:51:31 AM(UTC)
Winning races does create currency, as does a lot of things one might do in the game.

One of the things that does not create currency is selling cars to the game/autoshow itself, because it is a money sink. Other money sinks include the 'fee' taken on auctions, cars bought from the autoshow, upgrade parts, and homes. These are all designed to take credits out of the system because, while rudimentary, the game does have an economy that the design of the games tries to keep viable for as long as possible.

This has been the case in all Forza games since credits were introduced as a game currency. The game creates currency to reward players and then puts in money sinks to take some of it back and out of service.

✔ Verified Moderator

4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:55:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperHornetA51 Go to Quoted Post

This is an invalid argument, as winning races creates currency that didn't exist before. The game doesn't have a bank of credits, there is no economy. It's not like

"The players in Horizon have to share 20bil credits with everyone else, once the cap is reached you have to sell cars in the auction house for money (at which we take 10% of it lmao"

That's just ludicrous.

Spot on. It's completely ludicrous.

The inability to sell cars back at a severely reduced rate is mind boggling, especially as some cars are impossible to sell in the AH. Ferrari 365 GTB/4 for rock bottom price anybody? No, I didn't think so, I've tried selling it more times than I can count.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:58:41 AM(UTC)

I understand your concept, but I'm not certain I agree.

There is a form of "income" in the game, which means money is created by the game to distribute. Wheelspins can reward credits as well, if a vehicle won can't be sold, it makes winning vehicles as useful as winning pink ballerina slippers.

It sounds like you view this as "player vs player", where I view this as "me against the game". Certainly if another player has more money than me I might be jealous, but it really doesn't matter toward my game play.

Perhaps what I'm not seeing is if all the players are rich, what bearing does that have on the game? Sure, I can buy whatever I want, but if I play the game, I'm probably going to get rich anyway...

4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:02:35 AM(UTC)
Yeah it's total nonsense. He's confusing something there.

FH4 is no F2P title with ingame currency connected to real money. There's no actual money going in or out of the system. T

The only noticable impact huge amounts of credits might have is the auction house, where exploiters simply can buy out FE cars under your nose, but even that effect is ignorable as the majority of the community plays fair.
Persona non grata. Account still under moderation after months. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
... back in the USSR (Yeah!)
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:07:15 AM(UTC)
The history of all Forza titles to date indicates that while money sinks try to slow inevitable inflation, they're only marginally successful the longer the game has a healthy player base. The car that's worth 10k today is worth 100k next month, 1mil the month after that, 10mil the month after that and so on. Credits enter the economy at an exponential rate due to millions of players racing, receiving credits as wheelspins, payouts for player generated content, rewards, etc., and so some of that currency has to be removed.

We're soon going to see plenty of threads wherein people are complaining that they can't compete in auctions against wealthy players and that it's somehow unfair that legendary painters and tuners can sell their cars for more in the auction house. You can set your watch to this eventuality. If there were no money sinks, we'd get to that point far quicker and with far worse results.

Virtual economies are real things in games and they're part and parcel of the design of Forza titles.

✔ Verified Moderator

2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:09:17 AM(UTC)
Ours in Forza is a virtual economy unlinked in any way to real-world economy. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

✔ Verified Moderator

2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:12:08 AM(UTC)
The car that's worth 10k today is worth 100k next month, 1mil the month after that, 10mil the month after that and so on.

Incorrect, as there are set caps you can sell cars for at the auction house. I cannot sell a 10k car for 10mil, and I never will, that's how it will always be. I can't even sell Forza Edition cars for 1million or more, so they're useless as ever. Prices in the game won't magically increase as time goes on, sorry.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:15:22 AM(UTC)
Your cap is not the same as that of a legendary painter or tuner. Experience would indicate that they'll price all of us out of the market soon enough.

✔ Verified Moderator

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:16:27 AM(UTC)
it is what it is :)
Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:18:45 AM(UTC)
As great as this game is, the economy is a mess. Exploits are bad enough, but even without, the game is overly generous, making the auction house for most cars a waste.
 3 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:19:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post

Indeed, we have to recognize it, adapt to it and move on.

✔ Verified Moderator

#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:24:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: David McKenna Go to Quoted Post

Indeed, we have to recognize it, adapt to it and move on.

Resistance is futile...
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error