This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:45:56 AM(UTC)
Is this paint scheme banned in FH4? I had a fairly successful GL charger in FH3, and immediately shared it in FH4. Last night, I found out that I had been banned for some unknown reason. All of my designs now show 0 downloads, 0 likes. My tag is dram67. Can anyone do a search and see if the design is still visible? Thanks
#2 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:11:37 PM(UTC)
I don't believe so, as there's a couple on the popular recommendation for that car, even mine is still up. You must've got banned for something else
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:14:58 AM(UTC)
Bans dont get discussed on the forums unfortunately.
Usually you will be made aware via on screen prompts but its suggested to contact Forza by Email at forzafb@microsoft.com

https://support.xbox.com...-banning-and-enforcement

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:29:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dram67 Go to Quoted Post
Is this paint scheme banned in FH4? I had a fairly successful GL charger in FH3, and immediately shared it in FH4. Last night, I found out that I had been banned for some unknown reason. All of my designs now show 0 downloads, 0 likes. My tag is dram67. Can anyone do a search and see if the design is still visible? Thanks

The General Lee is a very iconic car. I don't see a design for it getting banned at all even if it has the battle flag of the confederacy on its roof.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:04:42 AM(UTC)
Not the General Lee, I have shared a couple corvettes raced by Dave Heinz, one of them the features a battle flag going crossing the roof and then extending down the sides and back of the car. The other car, which he took to LeMans, has a license plate that shows a Confederate soldier in uniform, lying down waving a battered battle flag with text that reads; "Save Yo' Confederate Money Boys, The South Gonna' Rise Again!" It's not your flag

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 10:04:52 AM(UTC)
How do I upload the General Lee scheme? I am new to Horizon. Do I make it myself? Thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 10:21:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
How do I upload the General Lee scheme? I am new to Horizon. Do I make it myself? Thanks.

https://forums.forzamoto...For-Use-in-Painting.aspx

#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:38:38 PM(UTC)
Hi, I’m Charliebear 108 and I too have had this design since the first Forza Racing. Microsoft in their infinite wisdom have decided that the flag is now racist and banned people who have it on their cars. It has been done without warning to gamers. I am appalled that they see us as bigots and racists when it seems it is only them that finds it offensive. Non of the flags are accurate reproductions. I’ve complained to them and sent it to Microsoft head office too. If people find it offensive then fine, tell us all and we will remove it but this heavy handed, we will tell you what is right or wrong attitude is in itself offensive to the intelligence of gamers
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 7:43:47 AM(UTC)
The Confederate Battle flag.
When i turn on the news i see people who find it offensive.
When i talk to my African-American friends they find it offensive.
When i google search the KKK or neo- **** i see images of it.
It is offensive, I find it offensive.

The General Lee is an iconic car. The Corvettes were iconic cars in motorsport history.
But there are other iconic cars to paint and race that don’t offend.

Not too long ago we received a message in Horizon 4 about a change in policy. The policy also stated that hate symbols have always been prohibited.
The Anti-Defamation League lists the flag as a hate symbol, so bans are possible.

I’m not going to report paints with this flag, i have better things to do with my time, but i would recommend all painters to consider the greater community and remove any paint that may offend.
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:53:14 AM(UTC)
Bans are the wrong way to go. The designs can just be deleted. Each storage space in the game has a number, all the game team have to do is replace the association to that number with a different design, and the old design will go away.
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:25:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Bans are the wrong way to go. The designs can just be deleted. Each storage space in the game has a number, all the game team have to do is replace the association to that number with a different design, and the old design will go away.

I agree with you, especially since i recently got hit with a 7-day ban a couple days ago and i'm thinking it's related to my General Lee design which sucks as I spent so much time perfecting it. They should've given out a warning saying along the lines of "you have so and so days to unshare or remove this content, or you may face a possible ban".
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#12 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 6:20:32 AM(UTC)
Let's do this instead ..... 👍🏻😎

Search - KoolIROCZ1967 - FILE - General Bee

aa

aa

aa

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 6:22:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sig box
#13 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
"Our goal is to create a safe, secure, inclusive, and enjoyable experience for all players. Moving forward, the use of the Confederate flag on any car and under any circumstances will be categorized as a "Notorious iconography" in our enforcement guidelines and its use will result in a ban."

https://twitter.com/forza_support/status/1276621666278232064

#14 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 3:23:17 PM(UTC)
Well, there goes 20 percent of the '69 Charger liveries.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/12/2047 6:21:02 AM(UTC)
#15 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 3:59:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"Our goal is to create a safe, secure, inclusive, and enjoyable experience for all players. Moving forward, the use of the Confederate flag on any car and under any circumstances will be categorized as a "Notorious iconography" in our enforcement guidelines and its use will result in a ban."

Really a big joke these days just giving in and catering to the 1% these days that’s the case then I want BLM cars banned cause then that says that others don’t matter then. What’s good 1 is good for all. Really need to rethink your banning strategy alittle more then just saying a flag gets you banned.

****RETIRED****
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 9:19:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hotrod King87 Go to Quoted Post
… I want BLM cars banned cause then that says that others don’t matter then.

That’s NOT what the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement means Hotrod. ☹️

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:55:23 AM(UTC)
The confusion (genuine or intentional) is that the missing word in the BLM movement is the word "Only" as in "ONLY Black Lives Matter" whereas the actual missing word is "Also"

"Black Lives Matter ALSO"

The movement and people who support it are not saying they are the only ones who matter, they are saying Don't forget, we matter too.

But to stay on topic, I agree the flag as a common adornment for most any vehicle should be banned...but I am still on the fence regarding the General Lee liveries in particular. The car itself was an emblem of a show, not to promote racism or racist ideologies. And most likely, the car is included in Forza because of the show itself. It is an iconic vehicle and the liveries pay homage to that.

Oddly enough, considering the number of General Lee liveries that exist, and how many downloads they have, I can't remember having ever actually seen one in game.
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:18:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

So by the same token, does this mean we cannot use any flag on any car then?
#19 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:22:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post

But to stay on topic, I agree the flag as a common adornment for most any vehicle should be banned...but I am still on the fence regarding the General Lee liveries in particular. The car itself was an emblem of a show, not to promote racism or racist ideologies. And most likely, the car is included in Forza because of the show itself. It is an iconic vehicle and the liveries pay homage to that.
One could definitely make that argument. Just look at the official description (still accessible on the Forza Wiki).

Quote:
Like any other large Chrysler product of the time, the Charger was in some ways conventional — there was the signature torsion-bar front suspension, the rear leaf-sprung live axle, and numerous choices of familiar Mopar iron under the hood. While the styling was slightly revised from the ’68 model, including horizontal taillights instead of the quad round units, it wasn’t Dodge itself that made this car so well known to the general public. Starting in 1979, the ’69 Charger R/T was the vehicle of choice for the Duke Boys in the television series “Dukes of Hazzard,” in which the Charger known as the “General Lee” was as much a star as the human actors. Of course the Charger also performs outside of television, considering it represents one of only several hundred to come from the factory with the legendary 426 HEMI. With a gargantuan amount of torque (480 lbs-ft., give or take) at the driver’s command, it’s no wonder the Dukes chose the car for their epic adventures involving leaping over hapless Hazzard County cops.

Kind of a double standard that PG mentions the show and the car's name in the '69 Charger description yet is now going after people who try to replicate the show. But then again, virtually all the car descriptions have been pulled from this site.

User is suspended until 11/12/2047 6:21:02 AM(UTC)
#20 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:52:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hotrod King87 Go to Quoted Post
… I want BLM cars banned cause then that says that others don’t matter then.

That’s NOT what the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement means Hotrod. ☹️

[Mod Edit - profanity and discriminatory language removed - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:20:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

****RETIRED****
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 8:03:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KoolIROCZ1967 Go to Quoted Post

aa

aa

aa

So my "General Bee" livery has been removed from the game ???!! A Mopar Performance themed alternative design with NOTHING Confederate at all on it has been deemed offensive ??!!! Anyone at PG or forum moderators care to explain this decision ??!!

sig box
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 9:53:02 AM(UTC)

aa

aa

aa

So my "General Bee" livery has been removed from the game ???!! A Mopar Performance themed alternative design with NOTHING Confederate at all on it has been deemed offensive ??!!! Anyone at PG or forum moderators care to explain this decision ??!!

Was just about to come in and post "we should all take a page out of Kool's book and paint something original and creative on the Charger" but if the solution to the issue is going to be punished too....

I have to clarify my position,
I am not defending the makers of Forza
I am not defending Turn 10
I am not defending Playground Games

To clarify my position on any car that carries the Confederate flag or any other offensive imagery,
I do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable or unwanted playing any video game, that is just plain wrong.

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:01:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:14:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: koiftt Go to Quoted Post

Was just about to come in and post "we should all take a page out of Kool's book and paint something original and creative on the Charger" but if the solution to the issue is going to be punished too....

Thanks koiftt .... so you can understand my bewilderment and confusion on this Turn10 decision .... A Turn 10 Community Livery winner one day ..... and then deemed offensive enough to remove another ... ?? And let’s make this clear ...again.. from the pictures ... no such flag used .... I am confused ... is the use of the flag ban worthy.... or it would appear anything that even resembles the Dukes of Hazzard car will render a removal ???? Again... I am rightfully confused on Turn 10 decision process on this ....

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:15:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sig box
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:55:06 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Again... I am rightfully confused on Turn 10 decision process on this ....

Pure speculation on my end but here's what I think has happened:

- Someone reported the paint
- Report got picked up by someone from enforcement team who has another 20 thousand tickets to take care of
- Enforcement looked at "General Bee" name and assumed someone is trying to be smart and avoid the filtering, issued the ban without actually looking at the paint.

Or

- The ran a script on everything with General Lee or close matches.
- Mass deleted everything that was found, including your paint just having unlucky "close enough" file name.

If you received the ban, then first case is more likely, if only the paint got removed, then second is almost sure.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#25 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:08:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Again... I am rightfully confused on Turn 10 decision process on this ....

Pure speculation on my end but here's what I think has happened:

- Someone reported the paint
- Report got picked up by someone from enforcement team who has another 20 thousand tickets to take care of
- Enforcement looked at "General Bee" name and assumed someone is trying to be smart and avoid the filtering, issued the ban without actually looking at the paint.

Or

- The ran a script on everything with General Lee or close matches.
- Mass deleted everything that was found, including your paint just having unlucky "close enough" file name.

If you received the ban, then first case is more likely, if only the paint got removed, then second is almost sure.

Thanks for some input, Quadro ...

Well, I did not receive a BAN - just design has been removed - wondering now - if that’s the case - a mass deletion - if anything can be done to reinstate with thousands of downloads and likes/uses reinstated as well ?? Though... still no “official” answer as to it’s removal ??

sig box
Quick Reply
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error