This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:02:07 AM(UTC)
Haven’t heard it mentioned much yet but test drive is back now in FM7 straight from the tuning menu. If there was one keystone piece that was missing it was definitely test drive mode for me.

Not to mention how excellent spectate mode has become (and the ability to rotate the chase camera around the car you were spectating, which was never possible in FM6 but was available in all previous games)

And to top it off with the constant updates, drifting and drag racing with bespoke parts and race mechanics, this has become my go to game after work which for a long time it was not.

I’m all for turn10 slowing down the 2 year cycle. I’ve been asking them to do just that since Forza 5 was rushed out the door to launch with the one. In support of their efforts I purchased all the DLC (on sale, but still counts) which I had avoided doing for a long time because I did not play the game enough to warrant the purchase.

I will gladly continue to financially support this game because I am really enjoying playing it now and would much rather give turn10 another $60.00 US to perfect this version than shove FM8 out the door with all the flaws this one used to have.

Make no mistake that this game still has room for improvement (audio and tire heat are my top priorities) but it has come a long way in the last twelve months. I would much rather give my financial support to improving 7 than replacing it with 8.
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:15:06 AM(UTC)
Good! Games like these take time. Don't want another rushed Forza full of glitches and recycled/missing content.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:21:11 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Esaki also noted how other games that don’t have motorsport in the name might have more features associated with motorsport that aren’t in Forza.

This particular line is interesting. It's something that I've seen said around here and elsewhere for years now about the Forza Motorsport games.

Now even the developers are saying it too.

It's nonetheless nice to see that Turn 10 isn't just abandoning ship and going full speed ahead with FM8. Even if this will be nothing more than a testbed, it also is adding more longevity and value into a game that's a year old now already, with the next Forza game already released.
One of "The 50"
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:28:42 AM(UTC)
What this probably also means is no Horizon 5 in 2020 unless they want to simultaneously realease Forza 8 and Horizon 5...

Which in turn could indeed point to third Forza spinoff

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:30:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:10:13 PM(UTC)
I hope not. Just looking at the bigger picture here. FM has always appealed because it has always been diverse. All the tracks, car classes and game modes all in one place. Any spin off to the FM series won’t really be anything new. Just things we have come to expect in FM but sold separately. I can only really think of one possible separate game and that would be rally. Anything track or road based appearing in a spin off would in my mind just be splitting the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:15:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fifty inch Go to Quoted Post
What this probably also means is no Horizon 5 in 2020 unless they want to simultaneously realease Forza 8 and Horizon 5...

Which in turn could indeed point to third Forza spinoff

I don't think the forum can handle that lol. Server melts
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:50:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: P00hhead Go to Quoted Post

There must be more going on. I dont understand why they dont put all this effort towards FM8, a game they can sell, instead of putting it into 7 when they get nothing in return. Only to turn around and put all those changes into 8 and release a game that is comparatively the same.

If T10 had left FM7 behind in the state it was around April this year, they would never have the opportunity to sell an FM8 in the future, as they would've killed the franchise there and then. If FH4 had had a trouble-free release, it would've been the final nail in their coffin.

You can argue that but I see no evidence that's how things work in the videogame industry. I also dont see any evidence that the Forza franchise was in danger due to FM7.

The problem with what you are saying is that huge numbers of the player base give up the game in less than 90 days, this is true for all videogames not just Forza. The same is true for sales, 90 - 120 days after release, sales are done with.

T10 is releasing updates for a game where 90% have moved on to something else and wont come back until FM Next. Whatever "reputation" T10 and Forza got from FM7, they are stuck with it. The vast majority of FM7 buyers wont see or even know about these updates and may not even notice them if they put the game back in 9 months later.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:32:51 PM(UTC)
I look at this as a positive sign. First off there was no official confirmation that there won't be FM8 next year but that being said that's the more than likely scenario based on the roadmap they laid out for FM7 going for the next 2 years and a new console just a couple years away. I'm just imagining the possibilities down the line. They want to focus on collisions, force feedback, and physics first..ok then once they get that down pack then possibly more content cause let's be honest this game is dying for more tracks and a career expansion especially if this game really does have another 2 years left in it. So Indycar, Imsa and even a rally expansion ( providing they include said physics for offroading and work out some licensing) could all still be on the table . FM7 is already a good base of a game, it has the most content of any Forza game prior and to me even besting FM4 and FM6. It has plenty of features and has things that can be built on, example being in freeplay being able to pick the time of day or pick individual AI cars and also disabling homologation. Stuff like that where we have even more freedom to race the cars we want how we want. After all is said and done I do hope they won't neglect the smaller but important issues that still plagues this game such as the infamous inaccurate or bad engine or exhaust sounds for dozens of cars, incorrect or missed gear shift animations, various freeplay bugs, headlights on cars that are sometimes on or off, AI doing weird things at times or can't drive properly...those are things I hope they piggyback along with these major updates. If they can pull those off along with really changing this game for the better then not only will they set the bar super high for FM8 but this may be the best racing game out, period. Now.... The waiting commences.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:33:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:21:00 PM(UTC)

There must be more going on. I dont understand why they dont put all this effort towards FM8, a game they can sell, instead of putting it into 7 when they get nothing in return. Only to turn around and put all those changes into 8 and release a game that is comparatively the same.

If T10 had left FM7 behind in the state it was around April this year, they would never have the opportunity to sell an FM8 in the future, as they would've killed the franchise there and then. If FH4 had had a trouble-free release, it would've been the final nail in their coffin.

You can argue that but I see no evidence that's how things work in the videogame industry. I also dont see any evidence that the Forza franchise was in danger due to FM7.

The problem with what you are saying is that huge numbers of the player base give up the game in less than 90 days, this is true for all videogames not just Forza. The same is true for sales, 90 - 120 days after release, sales are done with.

T10 is releasing updates for a game where 90% have moved on to something else and wont come back until FM Next. Whatever "reputation" T10 and Forza got from FM7, they are stuck with it. The vast majority of FM7 buyers wont see or even know about these updates and may not even notice them if they put the game back in 9 months later.

Are you sure about that? Because ReCore was a flop in 2016 and Microsoft still took the trouble to release a definitive edition of the game. Not only that, it was made available on the Game Pass.

Phil Spencer is currently the guy who calls the shots on the Xbox. "Videogame industry" clichés don't apply to his leadership, nor with Microsoft's current role in the industry itself, nor with gaming's context these days. We're talking about a guy who, after faced with the disastrous reception to the Crackdown 3 trailer at E3 2017, instead of canning the game like he had to do with Scalebound earlier that year, pushed the game forward and, from the looks of it, will ensure Crackdown 3 gets released no matter what. And this is because the gaming community is sensitive and behaves differently from other groups. Everything happens faster in gaming and you can be hero one day and zero the next.

FM7 at least made it past the million mark but you're underestimating the impact the loot boxes thing had on people's opinion of the game. Yes, they went the wrong route with them, but you had media outlets stating blatant lies about the crates in FM7 and people moving with the stream. VIP debacle was salt on the wound.

Forza Motorsport has not been a big moneymaker for Microsoft in years. On the other hand, it's also one of their most important products, as there's a lot of money to be made in the sim market, which extends far beyond game sales. They simply couldn't afford to have an unsuccessful title bring the whole franchise down with it, especially when Horizon had hit a home run with FH3 and could divert much of the licensing budget towards itself.

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:59:41 PM(UTC)

My main point is that they are working hard on something for little or no benefit, unlike if they were putting the same effort into FM(X). If they are commanded from above to "fix" FM7, that doesnt change what I'm saying. At some point they have to start working on the next game and the time they are spending now on 7 could have gone toward a better FM(X). Unless they cant work on the next game ( next gen hardware not ready) and Microsoft has plenty of cash to burn and all the new features are going into the next game anyway so they kinda are working on the next game.

As for lootboxes and macrotransactions, plenty of people hate them and plenty of people dont mind. But actions speak louder than words and EA rakes in billions from them showing that it's worth it to put them in. Gaming is a business ( which ties into my main point ) and no developer is going to leave free money on the table.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:09:03 PM(UTC)
At some point they have to start working on the next game and the time they are spending now on 7 could have gone toward a better FM(X)

There's two things wrong here. They don't "have" to start working on a FM8. For all we know, this could be the last "release" of Motorsport and it could become subscription based which is what the future of games looks to be pointing to. Do I think this is the case? No, however it could be and more then likely it will be eventually.

Secondly, anything that is done to FM7 benefits FM8 greatly too. Bare that in mind. Whatever they do now can be taken as a base for FM8, can be refined, polished and added to. Time going into FM7 isn't just magically wasted when FM8 comes out.

They are getting a reward for updating FM7. They are pleasing their loyal fanbase while maintaining and somewhat increasing their reputation after a disaster launch and after somewhat tarnishing the franchise. They are looking at the big picture here. All of this "pro consumer" stuff they are doing makes them look good, keeps the players who are playing now, playing further into the future, increases potential sales in the future and so on so on.

Here's an example. Look at NFS. They went down the same root FM7 was going down or seemed to be and look at them now. It'll take a miracle to revitalize that dead franchise which is sad because at one point in time like, they were big players in the racing genre.

What's happened here is I think Turn 10 have finally figured out they aren't invincible. I'm glad they took the road NFS didn't after FM7 was launched.
 2 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:38:59 PM(UTC)
Everything that’s being discussed, implemented and developed by T10 is destined for FM8. It just so happens that we’ll see some of these elements appear in FM7. This isn’t some knee jerk PR manoeuvre to repair their reputation. In terms of total sales, they’re now talking to an almost empty room. This is mainly due to the age of the game, not its quality or performance.

The key things to take away from this are that yes - development of the FM franchise is still progressing. We now see a desire within T10 to up the realism and that they look to be moving away from some of the gimmicks that didn’t fit the game.

This is all great news. And do bear in mind that they’ll only tell us about things we’ll see in 7. They’ll also be keeping their powder dry on other stuff that won’t be seen until FM8 arrives.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:40:59 AM(UTC)
FM7 has for a cross platform game sold really badly and FM8 would have sold even worse if released next year. Turn 10 has seriously damaged the community in search for the more casual players that still didn't buy the game. Now they are desperately trying to get their core player base back before releasing FM8. FM4 was almost perfect, just remake that one with prettier graphics and improved handling.
#39 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:17:50 AM(UTC)
We can’t compare sales anymore. There are no figures for digital sales so we have no real idea what the numbers are. I suspect it sold well and undoubtedly made a lot of money. I suspect that what hurts T10 more than anything is the quick falloff in active players.
#40 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:09:13 AM(UTC)

Are you sure about that? Because ReCore was a flop in 2016 and Microsoft still took the trouble to release a definitive edition of the game. Not only that, it was made available on the Game Pass.

But I liked that game. I haven't played it since the definitive edition was released (I have been meaning to go back to it just haven't done it yet), but I legitimately enjoyed every aspect of the base game. I have 44 hours of playtime in that game and 1000 gamerscore. This was all before the big update that "fixed" everything, and the only issue I ever ran into with the game was the longer than normal load times.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 7:16:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 12:43:39 PM(UTC)
I’m fine with this. I had FM7 since it came out and I still feel that I can get a lot more enjoyment out of it. Some of the new features and fixes have improved the game significantly. Now that I have all the available cars that I want I’m starting to focus on the ones I enjoy the most. The Time Attack is new and I’ve barely started working on setting and improving times in those events.
Gear head who only uses the Xbox for racing sims. Set up: Xbox One Slim, Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, GT Omega wheel stand.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:58:46 PM(UTC)
I just wonder if what they are doing now could be laying down the foundation of the next Forza Motorsport to be released for the next generation, not the current Xbox one. If They want Forza Motorsport to be a day one release with Xbox Scarlett, then it might not release until 2020, and if it does, they probably want to minimize the risk of having a game that feels rushed into the next generation like Forza 5. It makes sense to make a hard attempt to correct as many gamer issues as they can now before having to remodel the game engine for the next generation. Making the right changes now to important Xbox exclusives like Forza could be pretty important in it's competition with Sony for the next generation and would probably break the 2 year cycle in preparation for this.
#43 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:56:59 PM(UTC)
I don't have a xbox one & play on PC !
FM5 to me was a NO GO with what they did & i was bitter they didn't release a "ultimate edition" like they did for fm3.
I won't go into details about my gripe with dlc & stuff that happened in fm3-4.
From what i can tell is i have missed playing the FM series & have enjoyed FM7 after playing FM6 apex.
I am NOT a "drifter" or nascar racer so for me those styles don't matter & i would rather play FH3 or 4 for drifting.
I do see a 3rd forza series happening in the way of "dirt rally" & maybe including demolition racing !!!
As for motorsport i think it needs some trimmings & more tracks / various series like can/am...STCC.....WTCC.......etc
FM7 imho kinda fudged it with too much "everything", just keep it what it started with.
I don't mind the drag racing or maybe i could get into drift but all these trucks & offroad vehicles is [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] !!!
So far the game is running well on PC & i hope they keep releasing it on PC otherwise i will dump it like gran turismo sport !
LASTLY, if FM goes mainly multiplayer i will dump FM for the SAME reason i care less for GTS.
I have LOTS of options for single player gaming with the option for MP !!!!
FORZA MOTORSPORT >> get back to WHY i started playing your game & that was as a replacement for the GT series from sony .......................
I'am on PC so i have lots to choose if you don't care

P.S. i am willing to buy a $1k video card as a upgrade for PC then get a console for 1/2 the price that limits the quality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:33:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:32:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
At some point they have to start working on the next game and the time they are spending now on 7 could have gone toward a better FM(X)

Secondly, anything that is done to FM7 benefits FM8 greatly too. Bare that in mind. Whatever they do now can be taken as a base for FM8, can be refined, polished and added to. Time going into FM7 isn't just magically wasted when FM8 comes out.

Given the history of Forza and how many features have been removed, there's no guarantee that anything they do for 7 will make it into the next game, especially when there is a transition to new hardware like there was with FM1/2 and FM4/5. It took them 6 months to put spectate into 6, a feature that had been in previous games, only for 7 to launch without it.
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:16:29 AM(UTC)
I'd rather not have FM8 just yet.
I'd prefer it if they carried on with FM7 before heading to it, make improvements and add MORE TRACKS !
#46 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:14:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

Given the history of Forza and how many features have been removed, there's no guarantee that anything they do for 7 will make it into the next game, especially when there is a transition to new hardware like there was with FM1/2 and FM4/5. It took them 6 months to put spectate into 6, a feature that had been in previous games, only for 7 to launch without it.

Well yes and no. They can cut the feature for launch, use FM7 as a base to improve it and implement it later. It's rare it goes to complete waste.
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:39:17 AM(UTC)
Given everything that's been said on Turn 10's live streams I haven't been expecting to see a FM8 in 2019 for months now. Sounds like they are still hard at work on FM7 and not looking to FM8 just yet.

I'm personally hoping we will get a large expansion for FM7 in 2019 instead of a full new FM8.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:48:47 PM(UTC)
It’s pretty clear what they’re doing. FM8 will not likely release until the next console generation. Until then they will use FM7 as a test bed to try out all the physics, wheel control, drifting, drag racing,, and other issues and ideas that they’d like to fully finalize before coming out with a new game.

-k
#49 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:15:29 AM(UTC)
Now that I think about it, this gives us time to finish old Forza games we still haven't completed, assuming there is no FM8.
#50 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:23:48 AM(UTC)
I'm just here waiting (im)patiently for Cycled Production to come back 😞
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error