16 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
 6 users liked this post.
#126 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:58:41 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Next time you make a game and send it to youtubers and streamers make sure they cover everything, because if id of known the game was going to be this bad id of cancelled my pre order, not a single youtuber or streamer covered the online side of things all to busy making drift tunes and drooling over bodykits.

Hope you enjoy my money as its the last time i blow it on pre orders for this series again

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 1:26:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:06:58 PM(UTC)
- No story. Nothing to progress to. Nothing to build up. No purpose.
- No progression system. Literally a 5yr could play it, come last in every race & complete the game.
- Boom, here's all 5-6 showcases after a couple of hours. We wouldn't want you to have anything to work towards.
- Literally half the race content of H3. Where's the rest of the game? More races? Where's the championships? Cool, do your seasonal races but where's the rest of the base game content?
- No race stats on the map afterwards. Why is every race gold trophies/completed when i didn't win or even come 2nd or 3rd? I want to replay the ones i didn't win but nope.
- Constant pointless & childish 'emotes', clothing & horns in wheelspins instead of money or cars.
- Houses are pointless. Way too much money. Feels like they missed out on doing a lot more with houses.
- Race finish/reward screen worked better before. This takes you out of the world, lacks immersion.
- Race money is so small it's not worth it. With hardly any difference in winnings between 1st & last. Assists or no assists.
- Inability to turn off music from menu's/festivals.
- Plenty more things, haven't even mentioned multiplayer etc.

There's things i really like. Mostly to do with the map/roads/city/seasons/graphics (in most cases)/missions are good & add some variety etc.

I'm struggling to understand why it's been rated so highly by most critics. The user scores are much different & tell a much more honest opinion. Maybe the critics didn't play enough to realise this game was lacking. Maybe they didn't play Horizon 3. Maybe they were paid or brought to a race day/pr thing by the devs. In any case, theirs plenty of reviews & many respected user reviews that paint a far more clear picture. I hope devs are taking note.

For the Fortnite comparisons above, just remember that game is free, the updates are free etc. Yes, you pay if you want something extra/quicker. But this game costs £50-£85 & has taken away so much the last game had & had done much better & it's not right.

But with no story, absolute rubbish/insultingly easy progression & half the content as the H3, which did all those things much, much better. This game needs a lot of work & in it's current state i can't see myself coming back to it much. Which after how good H3 was & how long it kept me coming back with new races & things to do & how much i like this map/roads/seasons etc it's so disappointing & such a waste.

This game has barely launched & it already feels like it's not going to last much longer . It took over 4 months before i had done everything H3 had to offer & that was only in single-player.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:07:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:26:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: solarriors Go to Quoted Post
Same goes for cars : they are way enough in terms of quality. Stop with the nitpicking.

It's totaly okay to still see fm4 / fh1 low - mid poly models with sd textures from + flaws from ~ 2011/2014 in 2018 and possible upcoming forza titles.
I'm okay with new content being reused from fm5/6/fh3 because it's more or less at least up2date, but still from fm4/fh1? lmao.

And speaking of quality, yeah it's good!
https://forums.forzamoto...-active-aero--etc.aspx?=
https://preview.redd.it/...56c28d852b8c9b179bb84687

The pictures still didn't convince me, I really call that nitpicking. And about low res and low poly cars, I've yet to see any. Would you mind to show me ?
Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
 5 users liked this post.
#129 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:58:30 PM(UTC)
I'm definitely sorry I paid $100 for this excuse for a flagship game for all reasons mentioned over and over again above but for me the biggest disappointment is the multiplayer.

Basically to win a road race in MP or any drivatar difficulty above highly skilled you need AWD, push folks into trees and wall driving. I hated this in FH3 and now they've made it even worse. I know this game isn't about realism but it shouldn't be possible for 6000lb SUV to go around corners with the same speed as a 1500lb race car. If you like RWD with disabled TC, sorry you're out of luck. At least FH3 rewarded clean racing so you could still win a championship by driving with skill. They sucked all the fun out of road races, because you can't enjoy 90% of the cars in their stock on near stock form in MP.

And the cherry on top is the super buggy and unreliable online connection on PC. It takes forever to connect and I get kicked out constantly, even with my 600mbps internet, all forza ports open and wifi ac. All my other online multiplayer games have no issues.

I sincerely hope they address some of this nonsense with patches soon otherwise this will be the last MS game I've bought.
 1 user liked this post.
#130 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:44:51 PM(UTC)
>Team adventure does not have an option for collision-off racing like in Horizon 3 anymore , I don't understand why they decided to take this out , but please add it back because lots of people likes clean races without rammers instead.

>Freeroam rush takes all the fun out of online adventures , because you mostly have to use off road vehicles to win them , leaving no chance for the on road vehicles , everyone just cuts across making it really off road focused , I really want to use my grip/on road race cars in online adventure but with freeroam rush I have to use rally/off road builds all the time.

>car sounds. do I need to say anymore ?

>too many cars locked behind wheelspins , specially when all I get are wellies and a bunch of ''2000 credits'' , I don't think ill get any of them.
 5 users liked this post.
#131 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:00:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dragobozh Go to Quoted Post
6000lb SUV to go around corners with the same speed as a 1500lb race car. If you like RWD with disabled TC [...] They sucked all the fun out of road races, because you can't enjoy 90% of the cars in their stock on near stock form in MP.

I agree. Devs were always lazy when it came to the AI.

+1 difficulty just means they make it more rubber bandy instead of being realistically better.
 3 users liked this post.
#132 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:09:11 AM(UTC)
My dissappointment is rivals is completely screwed. I spent the first week building up my garage, painting, tuning, learning the routes through campaign progression, then finallyd realized I couldn't use my cars because they are all set specific challenges. Rivals is a mainstay gameplay function and there was no need to limit the entire system. Make specific seasonal/monthly challenges, not the whole thing.
 3 users liked this post.
#133 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:24:42 AM(UTC)
While I did enjoy this game (albeit not as much as FH3), here is my list of things that annoy me...

1. The Wheelspins. I would have rather they brought back buying loot boxes for the emotes/clothing/horns. It is annoying when several wheelspins in a row I don't get any money or cars, just things I don't really care about. Although there was a FEW times (I can count the instances on one hand) where I did get a emote or clothing where I was like, Oh cool. But not at the expense of no car or money. I personally liked FM7's select a prize instead. So, disappointed they kept the wheelspin.

2. Can't sell your cars for credits. In FM7, you can sell your car without having to resort to an auction. The auction is annoying as you also have some of your credits you go deducted.

3. Car upgrading. Okay, this is a cool feature, but the execution could have been better. I think the spill points is ridiculous. I would have preferred if it was like the Forzathon, where you can unlock a perk if you do certain tasks (like do 4 Daredevil skills). Then it would be realitive to the car, instead of having one car just earn all the skill points and share them with the other cars in your garage.

4. Cars are stupid expensive. Which was a issue I had with FH3 TBH. And its a grind to get the credits you need.

5. My Forza level is not updating even though I drove the whole map, am at Level 148 and finished all the story challenges.

6. The soundtrack is a HUGE step back from FH3 which was amazing.
 3 users liked this post.
#134 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:45:15 AM(UTC)
With what I have played there are many things to say about this game.

-Auctions was not changed at all. It is even worse now as when you get outbid between "Bid Failed" and load times you almost always lose auctions. Still a chore to navigate the menus but that could be extended to the entire game.
- Multiplayer despite some ghosting there is still a lot of rubber-banding, ramming, disconnections, being kicked out of your convoy, no real player choice in map selection and if you miss checkpoints rewinding doesn't help rather makes it worse.
- Progression doesn't exist. All the cherries aka Showcase events are showered on you in the first few hours, FH3 had a good balance between progression and Showcase events. Last few levels of each 20 level events is a grind. There is no story, no real end goal and again barn-finds are showered on you in the first few hours as-well.
-Bonus boards, it isn't mentioned in the game that the danger sign ramps help you get the last few which leads to a lot of player frustration.
-Wheelspins, been mentioned to death but they are all over the place. For me they quickly trivialised the game by giving me a lot of Legendary's and then at other points just gave me loads of useless junk.
-Paint options, these are still unchanged and still look ugly especially the special colours. Also customisation with them is very limited, other racing games allow you to do far more in this regard.

At the end of the day while graphics, seasons, the British settings and the new cars are all great. Much of the core gameplay is unchanged and what is changed isn't for the best. The game has it's moments however there is much to be said how the game has been released.
 1 user liked this post.
#135 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:59:28 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity is not allowed, Posting Guidelines are pinned at the top of the forum - MM]
I wrote 3 ticket to the support,but I haven't got an answer since the second one.
The developer doesn't seem to care about it's stuff.
I couldn't find a single official statement from the developer about this issue but it's present in multiple countries.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 6:15:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:14:51 AM(UTC)
online is far to broken, got banned on FH4 ranked match! took 5 hours to get into a damn session, after 3 rounds the whole session is forced back into free roam and we all get banned...
 2 users liked this post.
#137 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:49:56 AM(UTC)
Online is pretty bad in this game. I've been trying to do the co-op race against expert drivatars since it started. Invariably I get stuck with a team where at least 2 real drivers come in last, and/or quit, or some stupid thing happens where they knock me off the track. The drivatars never make a mistake and I just wasted another half hour of my time on this stuff.
 1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:09:36 AM(UTC)
I read the comments and sorry to say but I am quite surprised everyone focus on clothes and sounds when the spririt of the game has totally changed. In FH3 spirit was, you have to be an excellent clean pilot to win, in FH4 you have to be a lucky bast... meaning excellent at taking people out, using them as bumps for corners ,and be lucky enough to be in the good team. Master of FH4 is not the best pilot but the one that won more races than loss still as a team.
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 1:31:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:12:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: matdan Go to Quoted Post
All the cherries aka Showcase events are showered on you in the first few hours, FH3 had a good balance between progression and Showcase events. Last few levels of each 20 level events is a grind. There is no story, no real end goal and again barn-finds are showered on you in the first few hours as-well.

I found this pretty weird as well, the way these things are SO frontloaded. The showcases just flew by one after another, and the game kept pestering me about new barn find rumors whatever I was doing. Makes it feel like the prologue was the actual "campaign" and when you get to the meat of the game you're already in the 100% completion endgame grind phase.
 1 user liked this post.
#140 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:30:49 AM(UTC)
FH3 multiplayer was trash. I've only done a handful of FH4 multiplayer races and didn't notice any difference in player skill or driving techniques. There's less options with FH4, but claiming FH3 was great or good is laughable.

I've noticed that FH2 multiplayer brought a more consistent experience that wasn't too bad...outside of the boring road trips part.
 1 user liked this post.
#141 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:28:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
FH3 multiplayer was trash. I've only done a handful of FH4 multiplayer races and didn't notice any difference in player skill or driving techniques. There's less options with FH4, but claiming FH3 was great or good is laughable.

I've noticed that FH2 multiplayer brought a more consistent experience that wasn't too bad...outside of the boring road trips part.

Let's agree to disagree, in FH3 multi you hardly win playing like a ... , in FH4, it is a requirement to win.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 10:30:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#142 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 12:36:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: matdan Go to Quoted Post
All the cherries aka Showcase events are showered on you in the first few hours, FH3 had a good balance between progression and Showcase events. Last few levels of each 20 level events is a grind. There is no story, no real end goal and again barn-finds are showered on you in the first few hours as-well.

I found this pretty weird as well, the way these things are SO frontloaded. The showcases just flew by one after another, and the game kept pestering me about new barn find rumors whatever I was doing. Makes it feel like the prologue was the actual "campaign" and when you get to the meat of the game you're already in the 100% completion endgame grind phase.

I was just thinking the same thing myself. At this point I've pretty much burned out on FH4 which is shocking to me given how long the earlier Horizons were able to hold my attention.

It's not really due to lack of content either, the map in FH4 is more interesting than FH3 and the same size, we actually have a few more exhibition events than we did in FH3, and there's definitely more cars.

The big problem I see in FH4 is that the progression is way too heavily front-loaded as has been mentioned compared to the earlier games. For the first few hours progression was so fast that it was almost overwhelming and gave the illusion of a tremendous amount of content. But then it comes crashing down to reality all too soon and I'm dumped out into the grindy endgame to grind races and skillpoints to slowly unlock the remaining cars and houses. And this is all within less than 2 weeks of getting the game.

At this point I'm not sure what the devs could do to fully rectify this situation since nearly everyone has already burned through the progression and they're not going to go back and restart the game. Maybe add championships to each of the exhibitions like we had in FH3 to give us a reason to go back to those races along with a few more showcases and story events so we at least have some goals to work towards. Something like the 1000 club from FH1 could also help.

Hopefully they can do something to fix the progression in the next big content patch with the route creator so it's more in line with the older games before the next big influx of players around the Black Friday sales.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 12:38:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#143 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:11:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
I was just thinking the same thing myself. At this point I've pretty much burned out on FH4 which is shocking to me given how long the earlier Horizons were able to hold my attention.

[...]

The big problem I see in FH4 is that the progression is way too heavily front-loaded as has been mentioned compared to the earlier games. For the first few hours progression was so fast that it was almost overwhelming and gave the illusion of a tremendous amount of content. But then it comes crashing down to reality all too soon and I'm dumped out into the grindy endgame to grind races and skillpoints to slowly unlock the remaining cars and houses. And this is all within less than 2 weeks of getting the game.

I mentioned this before, but the way FH4 is structured resembles many F2P games where they front load all the fun stuff to lure players into investing time into the game only to be greeted with progression gates a.k.a .grind-heavy game play intended to force them to buy microtransactions (MTX) to lessen that grind. Not P2W,necessarily, but P2Progress faster.

This leads me to believe FH4 was going to be very MTX-focused, but because FM7 received such negative backlash (and loot boxes in general around the world, now) they had to rip this part out of the game at the last minute? But they didn't adjust the grind to compensate for the lack of P2P MTXs?

gamer1000k wrote:
At this point I'm not sure what the devs could do to fully rectify this situation since nearly everyone has already burned through the progression and they're not going to go back and restart the game. Maybe add championships to each of the exhibitions like we had in FH3 to give us a reason to go back to those races along with a few more showcases and story events so we at least have some goals to work towards. Something like the 1000 club from FH1 could also help.

Hopefully they can do something to fix the progression in the next big content patch with the route creator so it's more in line with the older games before the next big influx of players around the Black Friday sales.

I strongly believe this game was purposefully designed to be a game similar to Fortnite (low skill, MTX heavy) to attract the 12-year olds who also play Fortnite since that has become the new "Call of Duty" model the rest of the gaming industry is following, unfortunately. You can progress in FH4 without even a Podium finish! What kind of racing game is that?! It's not. That's the point. It's meant to appeal to kids who like playing dress up and having Dab emotes a.k.a. Fortnite players.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 1:12:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#144 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:19:51 PM(UTC)
The wheels spins annoy me. I have 10.wheels spins and got one car. Rest was stupid emotes and clothes.

I find I am getting. Angry at wheels spins

Maybe I have issues hahahaha.
 3 users liked this post.
#145 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:25:57 PM(UTC)
@CaktuzJak
I hate to admit it, but there's probably a lot of truth to that theory. I'm hopeful that since FM7 is being effectively rebuilt in response to community backlash that the same thing will happen to FH4 and we'll end up with a much better game overall in the end.
 3 users liked this post.
#146 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:27:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: staituk Go to Quoted Post
The wheels spins annoy me. I have 10.wheels spins and got one car. Rest was stupid emotes and clothes.

I find I am getting. Angry at wheels spins

Maybe I have issues hahahaha.

I think the wheelspins have more issues than you do.

Edited by user Monday, October 8, 2018 1:28:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#147 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:46:16 PM(UTC)
i like LAZARUSceelai's post lol, IF you don't like the game don't play! simple. or are you all lonely and need attention?
 2 users liked this post.
#148 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:12:37 PM(UTC)
I'm extremely disappointed with the following:

- No blueprint championships

- No class based rivals with leaderboards

- No offline manual season setting

- Night time literally lasts 2 minutes...sundown to sunrise is 3 minutes

- No regular PvP online adventure with voting like in Horizon 3

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:38:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#149 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:13:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tunderjolt100 Go to Quoted Post
i like LAZARUSceelai's post lol, IF you don't like the game don't play! simple. or are you all lonely and need attention?

Go away. We paid 60 -$90 for this game and the best we got was knock off emotes from fortnite.

If you don't like our thread, don't respond
 2 users liked this post.
#150 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:30:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post
My list of disappointments:

Well let's see

- again rly bad sound design

- still reused old models (cars, rims etc.) from forza motorsport 4 / horizon 1.

- wheelspin content

- emoji's, at least as wheelspin price and the not funny outdated memes

- the dead/empty world

- the character variation, u can only pick a handful but u can find more variation in the world.

- drone height

- monotonous races, more or less the same event here and there, why no sprint across the map or so? (minus special events)

- u can still not use the onboard navigation device as map. *TDU form 200x had this feature..

- no long testtrack for some vmax tests or so

- lack of new/fresh content and ideas
^ to write down some ideas:
- more tuning options like turbo settings/adjustments
- bicolor rim painting
- let us paint calipers, plastic and chrome, the restriction is rly dumb
- more factory colors
- visible weight reduction
- noticeable sound difference between stock and tuned
- more variation in parts and tuning, some cars are limited to 1 single turbo and the 2 generic engines, let us do crazy builds like dunno s15 with r35 engine, Golf r with the audi 2.5L, different exhausts etc
- using rims from other cars like audi rims on a golf or so. *also, more new rims would be cool.
- more cosmetic options instead of the genric forza spoiler.
- let us adjust the wheel spacers, not with presets..

..the list is long and the community is posting great stuff too since years..
But thanks for the wheel spacers t10/pg a feature thats since yrs in the dev kit.

Forza Horizon has always been a poor cousin to Forza Motorsport as a racing game. It's more like a consolation prize for Middle School boys who just want to "go fast," be made to feel good by squeaky-voiced girls who flattered the player, and wreck things. Racing talent has very little to do with this game. That said, why do I continue to buy it? Must be I hunger for new content -- any new content -- between versions of Forza Motorsport.

16 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error