16 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:17:45 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone... I see we have all returned to the echo chamber that is the Forza Forums.

Let me start off by taking the time to do something... Thank the Men and Women involved with creating and launching Forza series entries for all of us who truly love the franchise.

That being said there are just a few concerns to be had...

My first concern is Forzthon Live... I've farmed enough FP to obtain the cars I really want over the coming weeks. It seems that since I've accumulated a "bank" of FP, the last several attempts of participating within Forzathon Live events has kicked me mid session. Sometimes I get kicked during the first round, and even more annoyingly sometimes right as we are about to conclude the 3rd round. The first event I equated to "that's just online gaming life". The second time... more of the same. Now it has happened perhaps as many as 5 or 6 times. Some may suggest it could be an ISP issue, assuredly this is not the issue. There is something happening server side not end user side. My only thought after getting kicked is I hope everyone else got through the session to get their earned FP... I can get over this, because lets face it? I'm playing video games in me leisure time, and there are some folks who've no idea what "leisure time" is... All things considered, I'm doing pretty well if that's the worst thing that happens all day. Hypocritically of me, I'd still like to understand why this event seems to keep happening. I've managed to play a majority of the events with no issues of being kicked. As mentioned the last several have not been so favorable towards me.

Secondly the AI... The rubber banding is atrocious on many of the difficulty settings. I love a dominating performance in real life, especially when Lewis takes his silver arrow and puts the Bulls or the Red Cars down lap by multiples of seconds. I've never yet seen, anyone magically appear out of thin air on his heels to apply faux competition. If I'm destroying the AI, they need to remain destroyed. Its absolutely mind numbing how perfect they can be at times. However in fairness, I've seen some of them completely eat it as well. I don't play on ridiculous AI levels all the time, I'm mostly around the "Above Average" to "Highly Skilled" range. That being said, I'm pretty confident with my pace that most races? I should not keep seeing a car lingering right behind me just waiting... and mocking me! LOL

And lastly... the attention to detail on the car models... As a content continuity stickler this has been forever frustrating. I get that some folks are game developers by trade and they may not always work on games that scream out to their interest. That being said I'm certain there are people who buy racing games that love automobiles. So, when we see a problem persist for multiple generations of franchise entries? It becomes bothersome. Some vehicles have been corrected over time, but some have not. Even worse are new cars or returning cars to the series that still have blatant oversights. It really is difficult to understand how these things make it past review.

The newest being the 2017 Agera RS... There exists one issue I find very unfortunate. The emblem stitching on the seat backs. In some sequences it appears that the emblem is standing off the seat and suspended in mid air. This shows up at some of the houses while in forzavista mode and again in the pre-race sequence.

Not to mention the tail lights still being wrong on the 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0... the proportion of clear lens is too great in comparison the amount of red lens.

One more of many for good measure... The window frame trim around the door on the E60 M5 is body color in game when it should be the same black as on the b-pillar.

I could nitpick about this all day, but I think we could generate a proper list of cars that could use a second or third look over.

Anyhow, I enjoy this game very much. The criticism only comes from a place of respect and care for the product.
#102 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:19:57 AM(UTC)
the Rivals in FH4 are at least a cheap copy of the
First FM7 Rivalmode Layout!

Why did the turn10 guys do such dump things.
It is an open World Game.why they limited the
Tracks in Rivalmode only for one car?and mostly
in serial Parameters? Goliath only once for a Ferrari
without any upgrades and open S2 class only???
what is with all the other cars in the lower classes
who are also fine to drive , like in fully Upgraded
d500 or c600 or also in b700???!!!!!?????
the Thing we are most excited for is completely
destroyed by the developers.
PLEASE went back to the Original Rivalmode --
with all available Tracks in all 7 classes & an open
Leaderboard without boring championchip limitition.
#103 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:38:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fantastic Clams Go to Quoted Post

I could nitpick about this all day, but I think we could generate a proper list of cars that could use a second or third look over.

Feel free to post it here:
https://forums.forzamoto...-active-aero--etc.aspx?=

Signature
#104 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:00:33 AM(UTC)
I thought I found a loophole around the horrible team online experience. But I didn't :( I tried to PvP the C Class seasonal event. I have done this 4 times but only gotten the C Class seasonal event once. The other 3 times I got the A Class Super Saloon event? I don't like Super Saloons and I really hate the first track of that event. I played the Super Saloon once but just dropped the other 2 times as I had no interest in that championship or the cars involved with it. Would love to do it in the A class of my choice though.

So even though I initiated the PvP event it went to a different event which makes no sense? If PvP actually took you to the race/championship that you wanted it would be a work around of sorts to not be involved with that team nonsense. But it doesn't seem to work correctly either which is disappointing.

My whole game was open ended rivals with every car, class and track rivalable and class choice online racing. This game has neither and that was at least 95% of my game. I dislike almost everything else and just happily avoided it because with rivals and online choice I could keep myself busy for years with these games. It seems really hard to screw up a racing game yet Playground managed to do it.
#105 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:02:11 AM(UTC)
No custom music in FH 4 any more. So sad. Big mistake. Bring groove music back.
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:10:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Franky Boy II Go to Quoted Post

I dont know where you have been for the past 2 years but groove music is dead lmao
 4 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:32:16 AM(UTC)
The progression system in Fh4 is awful on every layer. Yeah in FH3 it wasn't so good too, but i expected improvements.
You no need to win, you are getting everything by doing nothing.
Series are flat as hell, it's round after round after round, no mid targets, one on one battles, no good rewards, etc.
Progression in the street races did the same way. In FH3 PG did a good job with street races. One on one battles was returned, races with drivatars has it's role, rewards i mean cars was unique, but now we have this...
Showcases feels not connected to the festival at all. All of them just appearing one after another and then you hear on radio it was the last...what? It's nothing special about the showcases after 3 games anymore, they became not impressive to me. It's a show after all, so why not give a player additional targets, add star system to showcases and good rewards?
Houses role is soooo small. I don't know why i need to buy a houses. I'm not interested in perks at all. For example why i need to spend my money for a castle if i have a cheap house near the Edinburgh?
Sightseeing/Sights are just another icons on the map. Why not make them connected to the Photography and add different optional tasks for people who like photos?
The barnfinds need somethig fresh after 3 games.
I wish i can told you about every small problem, but i'm not a native speaker so it's kinda difficult to find a right words, i'm sorry.
P.S. I'm 42 level now and 6 - 7 round in every series. Yesterday i beat season events, that was kinda good to be honest, so i beat them and wasn't able to find anything to do because of bad progression.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:34:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#108 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:47:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xII ImpuLse IIx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Franky Boy II Go to Quoted Post

I dont know where you have been for the past 2 years but groove music is dead lmao

Groove still exists. You can upload your music to OneDrive and use the app to play it. But of course you can just run Spotify as a background app and play the game. Might get a bit messy in the menus with the ingame music.
 1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:58:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: blackhole552 Go to Quoted Post
It's growing daily

-Prologue was way too long for no reason.
-No sense of progression anymore. Within the first 2 hours I had over ten cars and 1 million CR... You keep getting rewards constantly for no apparent reason.
-Multiplayer is terrible compared to FH3 for the reasons that have been explained all over the forum.
-Clubs are pointless now (no more member ranking, no more CR bonus....).
-Rivals are pointless now (the point of rivals was to build a car to beat times, now you're forced to use a random car)
-Car sounds are worse than ever and too many duplicates (i.e: why does the Focus RS, Mini JCW, Veloster N sound exactly the same? Are the devs in charge of sounds so bad that they can't at least change the pitch to make them slightly different).
-Menu screen is more confusing than ever.
-Many basic features are stills not here, 4 games later (paint brake calipers, interior colors, test drive cars....).
-I keep getting pink hats in Wheelspins, thanks a lot.

That being said, FH4 is an amazing game, but I fear longevity will be affected by those problems

"WISHLIST WISHLIST WISHLIST!!!!"
-2018 Cliche damage control by mods

-I can agree i get way too many rewards and money starting off. O got two hyper cars in 30 minutes of game play soloy from rewards.
-Lacks storyline. I am told to complete a random race, then that unlocks 4 more, then that continues. The races just seem repetitive and nothing seems special.
-Their is so many twists and turns, not enough balance between straight and windy.
-No option to see the exp for the level you are on?
- Car sounds are horrible. I have seen free games better sounds then these.
- Do i need a $15,000,000 house despite the fact that i cant even teleport between them for free.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:03:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:05:17 AM(UTC)
Has anyone seen response from developers?

I keep thinking "I am missing something...there should be more race progression" Hoping its a function of early release but with thundering silence from developers I am beginning to wonder. For instance: I have completed every street race, every regular race, quite a few cross country some dirt, every Horizon event, two seasons worth of seasonal event and no race progression outside of the seasonal best score out of three. At one point I went back to main tent thinking I had to put the "bracelet" on or something. Seems there was a lot more in H3. Revisiting a race shows it as "demonstration complete" which implies more to come but is there?

If this is all she wrote then they just dialed this one in and I will be gone in a week.

What's the Word?
 4 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:13:39 AM(UTC)
I have to agree with most of the posts on this one. One of the worst for me is being punished on Wheel Spins with stupid horn tweets, goofy clothing and other just plain dumb rewards.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:14:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#112 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:16:55 AM(UTC)
-game physics are damaged.
In offroad c600 dirt Rivals it is possible to sink
with your car into the muddy ground
-Rivals are not classbased
-online adventures are unfair, because of the annoying
ranked & unranked Layout
it works incorrect, because of the instabile networkcode.
If you get kicked in unranked onlineadventures, the games
told you,you were not allowed to play ranked-because
you leave to often by yourself.
-it makes no sense to play these part of online racing
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:22:55 AM(UTC)
bought ultimate edition but the car pack refuses to download? anyone else?

error code Code: 0x803FB107
 2 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:50:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dbwhip Go to Quoted Post

I keep thinking "I am missing something...there should be more race progression" Hoping its a function of early release but with thundering silence from developers I am beginning to wonder. For instance: I have completed every street race, every regular race, quite a few cross country some dirt, every Horizon event, two seasons worth of seasonal event and no race progression outside of the seasonal best score out of three. At one point I went back to main tent thinking I had to put the "bracelet" on or something. Seems there was a lot more in H3. Revisiting a race shows it as "demonstration complete" which implies more to come but is there?

If this is all she wrote then they just dialed this one in and I will be gone in a week.

What's the Word?

I wouldn't count on a response from the devs because it appears, for all intense purposes... This is the game we are going to get (minus the Seasonal Limited Time Events + DLC).

My theory on why it's so sparse is because 1) MS told them to design the game around the Games As A Service model that relies on Limited Time Events to roll out content (vs. base content), and 2) MS just bought T10 and PG to make other open world games other than the FH series. So, a lot of the staff and ideas to flesh out the game may have been diverted elsewhere at the last minute? It certainly seems as if FH4 is not a finished game regardless, of the reasoning.

Forza Horizon 4 has the least amount of races (at release) of all the FH series. Forza Horizon 3, had 140 races at launch. Forza Horizon 3 has 70. It's half the amount. Literally. I know they reused tracks / courses for additional content in FH3, but it felt like more because of the increased variety of environments & open space compared to FH4. Britain is nice, but it's very limiting compared to the wide-open Australia of FH3. This is why the grind feels more like a grind than in FH3.
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:55:59 AM(UTC)
I don't think houses really achieve what they're trying to. The idea behind it is cool - that people want to connect more with the map and maybe roleplay a little bit. But the way that they work now means that everyone just owns the same set of houses, and not counting the castles you'll have all of them in a few hours, basically depending on your wheelspin luck. And none of them have much more function than to act as respawn points. It's a missed opportunity, and I think a good example of the shallowness that sort of permeates the game experience.
 4 users liked this post.
#116 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:58:17 AM(UTC)

"This forum post has been locked, please use the wishlist. Thank you"

(they basically don't care)

"We will take all of this into consideration, this forum post has been locked"

5 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:35:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EventfulAlloy33 Go to Quoted Post

"This forum post has been locked, please use the wishlist. Thank you"

"We will take all of this into consideration, this forum post has been locked"

Generic copy & paste answers.

All the stuff that is requested x times since yrs is still not in forza. (From the wishlist)

A simple but also the best example - paintable calipers.

What we've got instead, emotes nobody asked for.
The animation dev(s) wasted a lot time for things nobody rly asked for...

Fm7, a simple bug/problem - headlight color is silver instead of black and some parts have the wrong name.
Reported - reply copy & paste Thanks for reporting etc.
1 Year later, nothing still the same.

"..based on community feedback"
Yup..

The forza series rly needs a new compentent team..

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:15:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature
 5 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:04:30 PM(UTC)
So, I've spent more time playing the game since last posting my initial disappointments here.

And I must say, my heart is broken. I wanted so much to like this game, to be my "main" game for the next year or so. I was so hyped, bought the Ultimate Edition with all the bells and whistles, etc.

But I must say, seeing the sliver of actual content in the game, after a week of playing the game at an above average rate (20 hrs a week), it's so harrowing. Essentially, the ONLY piece of content that technically is supposed to drive retention is the seasonal championship thing, Forzathon Live, ranked multiplayer (of which I have no intention of playing since I'm not a big multiplayer guy), and.. that's it? Sounds like enough, but after 2 days of doing Forzathon thing that's done for the week, the championships suck! (personal opinion of course, but I've done 2 and I've completely had it with them).

I don't know, half of my time these days I find myself just mindlessly accruing skill points. Because the thought of grinding the final race of each category just so I can get to level 20 so I can unlock another race to grind, god, it just kills my entire desire to play the game. I think I already crushed my soul a bit by grinding road racing to level 20. It was a boring hell. Now I'm at level 15 dirt racing, and my heart can't bring itself to mindlessly grind anymore.

And this comes from a diehard fan. I played hundreds of hours of FH3, and in waiting for FH4 to come out I bought FH2 and started playing that.

So yeah. unless something drastic changes in the content we're seeing (which I assume will not, this was carefully planned months in advance, there will probably be no way they will alter that plan), I don't see myself playing this game for much longer. Maybe occasionally log in to do the Forzathon thing and then leave, but I want to sink time in this game, but I refuse to become a grinding zombie. (I know FH3 had a lot of grinding too, but while you were still doing more or less the same races, they were presented differently, by requiring to do a championship for each one. I'd do 2-3 championships a night so things wouldn't become stale. Here I don't have that option. there is only ONE race to grind - effectively - for each category).

I can get past the addiction-inducing super wheelspins, the childish emotes and hats, the mediocrity of the actual seasonal implementation, but it really breaks my heart to see how empty this game really is. I saw a post saying that it was probably geared for game pass owners and younger audiences, I have to admit that's probably the case. Only a 12 year old with a still developing mind would endure spending 10 hours doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Suggestions to improve current situation:
- add championships for races
- make certain races/championships for a certain season only.
- do more with drag strip? it felt like such an afterthought. and having to grind a single race for it until level 10 was not fun at all.
- give a sense of purpose to do something. i had no idea that at level 20 there was something to obtain, i heard it from someone here on the forums. the game does a really bad job at guiding the player experience and giving him objectives.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:09:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#119 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:44:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post

What we've got instead, emotes nobody asked for.
The animation dev(s) wasted a lot time for things nobody rly asked for...

The forza series rly needs a new competent team..

Are you saying you don't like getting a boat horn, white T-Shirt, and 10,000 credits on your super wheelspins? How could you?

*sarcasm*

Lets be honest, they tried copying fortnite and the dance hype surrounding it.

I only get these in wheelspins:

• Terrible emotes

• Bad cars i don't need since i got spoiled with hypercars and cash at the start of the game

• And cheesy clothing.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:46:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#120 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 12:48:55 PM(UTC)
I only have 2 gripes atm and it seems these are pretty universal. Sound design is worse than previous game. Not sure how you can use worse sounds for the same cars going from FH3 to FH4. Feels like it should be copy and paste. Maybe dont let the intern do sound designs from now on. Forza Motorsport 7 has similar issues. The other gripe is clothing and emotes. I might be ok with a handful of these but the amount is endless and getting 3 clothing items in a single super wheelspin is ridiculous. Maybe assign one section of the super wheelspin to each category. So one section is credits and one is cars and one is trash.
7700K @4.9GHz
16GB DDR4 3600MHz
EVGA 1080ti Black Edition
Qnix 4K 40" curved monitor
Windows 10 Pro
Xbox One Elite Controller
 2 users liked this post.
#121 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:01:02 PM(UTC)
I'm not going to call this a list of disappointments but more of a list of things that need to be fixed or can be improved:

1. Many Interior camera positions are too far up, off center, or just broken.
2. I have to go into command prompt and switch the Teredo server I'm on every time I want to play online.
3. I can't get the Austin FX4 and similar cars because the "Taxi Service Story" and others are absolutely nonexistent at this time, even though it was sounding like they would be in at launch.
4. I have to do Ranked Adventure for some exclusive cars. I would rather not do this and I would like to have them as Forzathon prizes or the like.
5. Music loops over and over during races again and can get annoying.
6. Many good cars have been excluded from the game; hopefully they will be added later.
7. Handling has way more priority when it comes to upgrades, so cars with better handling than speed/accel when stock do terribly against Drivatars.
8. Drivatars are horrendous. Again. I've seen one get a better time than the World Record for that track on the Trial on Highly Skilled difficulty!
9. No custom Blueprint Championships

There's probably a couple of others, but that's most of what I have right now.
 3 users liked this post.
#122 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:02:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post

"..based on community feedback"

THEY DO:

1. Remember in FH3 when we asked for better car sounds? More wide body kits?

Forza jumped straight to the issue and gave us a Mountain Dew car pack and infomercial with useless cars.

2. Remember in FH3 when we asked for the ability to paint brakes? Better looking aerodynamics?

Forza jumped straight to the issue and gave us a kid Hot wheels expansion pack and infomercial, that was fun, for about a week.

See my point?

*sarcasm*

Team 10 is only in it for the money. Even trying to milk the Fortnite hype with terrible emotes.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:36:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#123 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:34:48 PM(UTC)
I'll start with the fact that I still feel like I got my money's worth. I couldn't stop playing this game all day yesterday and most of that was simply testing out multiple cars down endless autumn roads. It's amazing. I haven't been this immersed with a Forza Horizon game since FH1, though FH3 comes close. IMO this game has the best map, or at least on the same level FH1's was for its time, and great driving mechanics that no other open world racing game comes close.
But, complaints. There's a lot of them and I try my best to avoid all of these issues so I can keep feeling the way I do about the game above, though I really shouldn't have to. Here goes:

- First and foremost, the sounds. First I'll start by saying, not all of them are bad and it seems recently people hop on the bandwagon and act like every car sounds bad. For instance the 812. It sounds great but people complain about it still, vs cars like the 488 that genuinely do sound bad. Back to the point, sounds are a big issue. I pretty much avoid anything that doesn't sound anything close to its real life counterpart and it is overwhelming a lot of cars compared to FH3. In fact a lot of cars that sounded great in FH3 sound bad now. It's puzzling. FM7 is supposed to improve the Forza series right? So why does it seem like all it did was ruin the models and sounds? I haven't bought an FM game since the 4th installment because they stopped being interesting but they still are supposed to improve the models and sounds are they not? I can't believe FM4 and FH1 have better/more accurate sounds than a game that launched 6 years later. Puzzling. I'm expecting a patch, otherwise about half of the cars I wanted I'm now avoiding. It's not the worst thing ever considering there are a lot of cars I like that do sound good, but it still sucks because otherwise perfect cars/cars I haven't even touched before I can't even enjoy now. It needs fixing, I don't know how this is acceptable. Inconsistent sounds. RS6 and RS7 have the same engine and tune. Same exhaust. Why do they sound different? Range Rover SVR has same exhaust set up as F-Type. Yet it sounds different... LaFerrari sounds weaker than a TDF? What is going on?

- Onto the next issue. The modeling. Obviously they cannot go through and redo every single car. But they can go through and 1) perfect them and 2) make sure everything is correct and lastly 3) make sure there are no new issues present. Instead, cars that are simply cut and pastes from FH2 still have the same modeling issues and so on. For example, I still can't paint the F12's wheels without driving it and seeing them as chrome when they're not. Moving on, you can tell which models are old and which aren't. It just doesn't feel equal. What is it with older models being ported to newer games that make them have way too dark taillights? I don't get that. That was an issue with GTA V and moving IV cars to V. Taillights got darker. Is it not an easy fix? It just looks cheap. And then ofc, the modeling issues. Stuff like painting the 720S and parts that shouldn't get painted, get painted... so it looks way off. BMW M6 E60's window seals paint with the car if anyone hasn't noticed? Some cars have missing taillight color like the Jaguar XKRS, it's just clear texture. Some gauges dont work or when they're supposed to turn yellow as you approach the rev line they dont, even though they did in past Forza games. That last point, things that weren't a problem in past Forzas but are now, just shows you they didn't care. It's as if they cut and paste these models in the game, didn't proof check em, and then cut and paste sounds. It's unacceptable for a game like this especially considering a lot of cars have accurate af sounds and very accurate detail. Inconsistent much? And then, some cars have halogen lighting when they're clearly xenons or leds. 599 GTO? Giulia? Hell, RS6 Avant has leds that look blue but the light rings are halogen... um?

- Night time. Why is it so short? I timed it, it was 5 minutes. You'd think it would be longer in the autumn and winter seasons... but it's not. Meantime daytime feels longer than it did in FH3. Not a problem but... why can't night be longer too? it's a literal joke how short night is. Did they not want us to enjoy it?

- Lastly... where is invite only? I get that you can form a convoy and avoid randoms but that doesnt stop them from interrupting meets. But the biggest problem? Lag. Invite only sessions run so smooth and now you can't do them and now the game drops frames or just isnt very smooth in multiplayer. Was it really that hard to implement an invite only session like in the last game? I don't care what you guys did, its an option that should always be there.

That's it. Really. It's a 9/10 game for me, really 8.8. It was a 9.8/10 before I realized so many cars had sound/modeling issues/inconsistencies. Shame really...

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:40:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#124 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:50:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post
I don't think houses really achieve what they're trying to. The idea behind it is cool - that people want to connect more with the map and maybe roleplay a little bit. But the way that they work now means that everyone just owns the same set of houses, and not counting the castles you'll have all of them in a few hours, basically depending on your wheelspin luck. And none of them have much more function than to act as respawn points. It's a missed opportunity, and I think a good example of the shallowness that sort of permeates the game experience.

The sad part is games from over a decade ago like Test Drive Unlimited had more functionality in the properties (houses) players could buy. They offered interiors, garages and other details that gave them a real purpose & tied them into the game e.g. Players had an actual garage, or car port where they stored all of the cars they acquired playing the game.

Originally Posted by: leetleonidas Go to Quoted Post
I don't know, half of my time these days I find myself just mindlessly accruing skill points. Because the thought of grinding the final race of each category just so I can get to level 20 so I can unlock another race to grind, god, it just kills my entire desire to play the game. I think I already crushed my soul a bit by grinding road racing to level 20. It was a boring hell. Now I'm at level 15 dirt racing, and my heart can't bring itself to mindlessly grind anymore.

[...]

(I know FH3 had a lot of grinding too, but while you were still doing more or less the same races, they were presented differently, by requiring to do a championship for each one. I'd do 2-3 championships a night so things wouldn't become stale. Here I don't have that option. there is only ONE race to grind - effectively - for each category).

The difference between FH4, and previous games is there is an actual sense of progression & achievement in earlier games that isn't dependent on Limited Time Events a.k.a. Seasons. Seasons is a "Games As A Service" model the industry has switched to to keep players logging in, but this model does NOT fit a racing game because having enough base content (tracks, events, cars) on launch is what will keep players coming back for more. Forza Horizon 4 lacks all of this (70 races vs. FH3 that had 140 at launch), coupled with a bland presentation (no Championships) and it's literally the Diablo of racing games... That sounds cool on paper, but as we're experiencing, is dry and boring as Hell. This is compounded because of the useless emotes, clothing items and other garbage put into Wheel Spins, so real progress and any sense of accomplishment players might receive is diminished by RNG and/or the grind to get basic things that were available in previous games. In other words, the grind in FH4 feels like a mind-numbing grind, and not a fun grind like in earlier games.
 1 user liked this post.
#125 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:15:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaktuzJak Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post

The sad part is games from over a decade ago like Test Drive Unlimited had more functionality in the properties (houses) players could buy. They offered interiors, garages and other details that gave them a real purpose & tied them into the game e.g. Players had an actual garage, or car port where they stored all of the cars they acquired playing the game.

Originally Posted by: leetleonidas Go to Quoted Post

[...]

(I know FH3 had a lot of grinding too, but while you were still doing more or less the same races, they were presented differently, by requiring to do a championship for each one. I'd do 2-3 championships a night so things wouldn't become stale. Here I don't have that option. there is only ONE race to grind - effectively - for each category).

The difference between FH4, and previous games is there is an actual sense of progression & achievement in earlier games that isn't dependent on Limited Time Events a.k.a. Seasons. Seasons is a "Games As A Service" model the industry has switched to to keep players logging in, but this model does NOT fit a racing game because having enough base content (tracks, events, cars) on launch is what will keep players coming back for more. Forza Horizon 4 lacks all of this (70 races vs. FH3 that had 140 at launch), coupled with a bland presentation (no Championships) and it's literally the Diablo of racing games... That sounds cool on paper, but as we're experiencing, is dry and boring as Hell. This is compounded because of the useless emotes, clothing items and other garbage put into Wheel Spins, so real progress and any sense of accomplishment players might receive is diminished by RNG and/or the grind to get basic things that were available in previous games. In other words, the grind in FH4 feels like a mind-numbing grind, and not a fun grind like in earlier games.

I agree, very well said. It's apparent that probably due to business considerations we are sort of s **** fed this GaaS design but it's apparent that it's not meshing well with what a Forza Horizon game was / should be.
16 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error