16 Pages<<13141516PrevNext
 5 users liked this post.
#351 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2020 11:13:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Interesting because I just played H1 last night.

Story is meh. It’s just rivals throughout. You have the outpost stunts. No real achievements for the PR stuff which I think is just speed traps and zones.

Upgrades are the same sans specific tuning

Cars are lacking yes, I like the selection tho. Regarding the sounds tho, man, it sounds like they put a muffler on the entire roster. It’s way too quiet compared to other games, even with the sliders favoring car noise.

Is H1 good, yeah, it was a defining game. But the lack of open areas and lamp posts bringing you to a dead stop have shown it’s age.

FH1 (and FM4 for that matter) are fairly overrated, yes. Doesn't make them bad games.

My issue with the Horizon franchise is how the Festival became more of a circus than a music concert. Between FH2 and FH4 the mood changed drastically. FH2 is rated E10+, FH4 is rated E, which led to lots of songs being censored and the general tone of the game become very childish and colorful. I feel more at home in NFS than in Forza at times, because cars are still the core aspect of NFS, and there's a hint of (neutered) adulthood in it. Sadly, NFS is still rated T.

I think what many people really wanted was a Gumball 3000 sort of game, but FH4 is not that politically incorrect anymore. It's not cars, music and open road anymore, it's a life simulator with cars thrown in it. And it may be that it's what the franchise as an open world game needs, because, if not for the car physics and racing, FH4 as an immersive sandbox is absolutely inferior to GTA and other, similar games. There's no life in it, no pedestrians, just a bunch of moving obstacles posing as traffic. It's obsolete in this regard.

Eventually, as Playground progresses in the character creation department, I think that's the development direction Forza Horizon will take. But, as a mature gamer, I find myself looking more at other games, where I'm freed from the shackles of age rating and able to do more things. I'm not interested in a cuddly counterpart to GTA, in parallel to Fortnite being the fluffy version of PUBG/COD Warzone.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#352 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:20:32 AM(UTC)
Recently, forza horizon games are getting worse. With series like the crew, I feel like they are now outdoing horizon. The main culprit here I believe is map size. The maps are feeling so small with less effort in them. The Dlc maps are suffering from the same thing being way too small for the prices. There are also more and more cars nobody uses being added. Since when is somebody going to need an vauxhalll astra or one of the many countless unused cars. Removing these unneeded cars should give more room both for hard drives and to work on the map. Im not saying to change forza 4 but to change future games. A concequence of small maps is certain things might not make sense to go in certain places, and cities are just awful in how down sized they are. A good city is one you get lost in, alley ways sprawling all over the place, interesting roads, and back to the map, a vary in landscape. Imagine a spaghetti junction. That would be so fun driving inbetween, under over spiraling round a tangle of roads. And like I just said, map size also should include height. The maps are so flat except forza 2. If these points are fixed, then I would be certain horizon is going in the right way.
#353 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 12:44:09 AM(UTC)
5 Annoying things about forza horizon 4

I hope this is right place to share those annoying things about forza.

Note: i do have speech impediment, but u can you make fun of it.
 1 user liked this post.
#354 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 6:53:11 AM(UTC)
1 million CR in just 2 hours?? how did you do that??? care to elaborate? lol.

My only dissapointment is that single player seems pointless reached a point. Every single AI runs like hell and it isnt affected by terrain obstacles, bad bumps, or anything else that affects the player. You can run the race of your life and still be stepped over by AIs just because, specially in cross country races. Its completely ridiculous. And i cant imagine how the AI is on expert and pro difficulty levels lol. The game must be a total show :p
#355 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 5:19:05 PM(UTC)
I really hate winning points and my rank keeps the dame. But i Just haz a match, where i got 2nd, 1st and 1st and I earned -34 points. Like they Just quit me points for wining!! What in the World!!
#356 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 5:19:19 PM(UTC)
I really hate winning points and my rank keeps the dame. But i Just haz a match, where i got 2nd, 1st and 1st and I earned -34 points. Like they Just quit me points for wining!! What in the World!!
 1 user liked this post.
#357 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 5:19:36 PM(UTC)
 2 users liked this post.
#358 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:53:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: robotrocket1 Go to Quoted Post
There are also more and more cars nobody uses being added. Since when is somebody going to need an vauxhalll astra or one of the many countless unused cars. Removing these unneeded cars should give more room both for hard drives and to work on the map.

It would be interesting to see your list of cars that nobody uses.

Unless I am required to use a specific car or type of car for a Forzathon event, 80-85% of the time I am driving one of the following:
2010 VW Golf R
Dodge Durango
Dodge Charger Hellcat
Audi TTS
Jeep Wrangler (2012?)

i am willing to bet that most of the cars that I use on a regular basis are ones that others may consider to be unnecessary......

2 users liked this post.
#359 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 9:07:55 PM(UTC)
Create a firewall to prevent speed boosting from happening in ranked events. I would gladly have less cars for better and cleaner ranked matches.
 1 user liked this post.
#360 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:08:20 PM(UTC)
I think overall FH4 is good. I enjoy the races and festival list, i enjoy doing rivals every now and then and i enjoy the different types of cars i get to bang about in.

Add ons like Fortune Island and Lego are just add ons and it's nice to get some cars for that little extra you pay that are exclusive to premium buyers of the game.

What i dislike are arrogant, self centred, everything is a smash and derby type players who have invaded the game. I also dislike the fact PC players (not the vast majority mind you but a sizable lot) resort to cheats and make the leaderboards a joke.

Then there are the "i want everything for free" idiots that infest the forum from time to time. The less said about them the better.

Looking forward to FH5.
#361 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:42:46 PM(UTC)
Eliminator is hands down the most disappointing thing in any Forza title. I have been grinding it to get the GT3 PO (The last car I need to 100% my collection) and I am to the point where I may stop playing Forza entirely until FH5, and if Eliminator is in FH5 I will not be buying it most likely.
 1 user liked this post.
#362 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:54:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
I think overall FH4 is good. I enjoy the races and festival list, i enjoy doing rivals every now and then and i enjoy the different types of cars i get to bang about in.

Add ons like Fortune Island and Lego are just add ons and it's nice to get some cars for that little extra you pay that are exclusive to premium buyers of the game.

What i dislike are arrogant, self centred, everything is a smash and derby type players who have invaded the game. I also dislike the fact PC players (not the vast majority mind you but a sizable lot) resort to cheats and make the leaderboards a joke.

Then there are the "i want everything for free" idiots that infest the forum from time to time. The less said about them the better.

Looking forward to FH5.

I like your attitude, man.

I love FH4 and I am playing it with little break at least on season change to get the goodies and the playlist done. This is way more than any other Forza.

There are a ton of things which require little effort, which I would love in the game:

1. I need leaderboards for myself. Have I driven the course before? Then please give me the option to race against a ghost of myself, show me my best lap time and the best completion time and announce it on screen if I got better.
2. The career mode should be harder. I don't want to drive a supercar in the first 5 minutes of the game. I want to start as a nobody and have a feeling of development. For those that want to drive a supercar in the beginning, they could make a "career mode" and a "freeroam mode".
3. If someone wants to enter Trials, he/she should be excluded when they did not even put a tune on the car.
4. AI could be more challenging (and I don't mean that AI should cheat more)
5. The PI system should be balanced from time to time. I hate it when I have only one option to drive like Bone Shaker was the best car by miles for a while.
6. Class based rival system.... every single course should have a leaderboard for every single class
7. Wipe those impossible times from the leaderboards from time to time (and ban the cheaters).
8. Better advertising for popular self-made courses.
9. The system of displaying tunes and liveries should be like it was in the past. Give me the most downloaded/upvoted liveries and allow some new entries on another page. There are such amazing liveries in the game, but the game displays the livery that is just a new color.
10. to round out the list, here is a 10th: Please integrate your DLC into the game. I actually enjoyed Fortune Island (and hated Lego) quite a bit, but since I need to load into this part of the game, I never really go over any more.

1 user liked this post.
#363 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:54:51 PM(UTC)

Looking forward to FH5.

I love FH4 and I am playing it with little break at least on season change to get the goodies and the playlist done. This is way more than any other Forza.

There are a ton of things which require little effort, which I would love in the game:

1. I need leaderboards for myself. Have I driven the course before? Then please give me the option to race against a ghost of myself, show me my best lap time and the best completion time and announce it on screen if I got better.
2. The career mode should be harder. I don't want to drive a supercar in the first 5 minutes of the game. I want to start as a nobody and have a feeling of development. For those that want to drive a supercar in the beginning, they could make a "career mode" and a "freeroam mode".
3. If someone wants to enter Trials, he/she should be excluded when they did not even put a tune on the car.
5. The PI system should be balanced from time to time. I hate it when I have only one option to drive like Bone Shaker was the best car by miles for a while.
6. Class based rival system.... every single course should have a leaderboard for every single class
7. Wipe those impossible times from the leaderboards from time to time (and ban the cheaters).
9. The system of displaying tunes and liveries should be like it was in the past. Give me the most downloaded/upvoted liveries and allow some new entries on another page. There are such amazing liveries in the game, but the game displays the livery that is just a new color.
10. to round out the list, here is a 10th: Please integrate your DLC into the game. I actually enjoyed Fortune Island (and hated Lego) quite a bit, but since I need to load into this part of the game, I never really go over any more.

1 user liked this post.
#364 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:55:02 PM(UTC)

Looking forward to FH5.

1 user liked this post.
#365 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 11:55:59 PM(UTC)

Looking forward to FH5.

2 users liked this post.
#366 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:16:35 AM(UTC)
Dunkelheit - points 1 and 6 should already be possible. There are Rivals leaderboards from S2 to D class for every course in the game. If you set a time on one of those, you can race against your own ghost (by pressing Y to enable you to access all times on the Leaderboard). Let me know if you are struggling to work it out and I can set out a more detailed guide.
 1 user liked this post.
#367 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:38:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Dunkelheit - points 1 and 6 should already be possible. There are Rivals leaderboards from S2 to D class for every course in the game. If you set a time on one of those, you can race against your own ghost (by pressing Y to enable you to access all times on the Leaderboard). Let me know if you are struggling to work it out and I can set out a more detailed guide.

(He might have been referring to the exclusion of X-class, maybe...though I shudder at the thought of doing X-class dirt and xc events, with few exceptions - and I LOVE dirt and xc!)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:39:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#368 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:38:31 AM(UTC)

5 users liked this post.
#369 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:18:13 AM(UTC)
Ugh! Motion to nominate this buggy forum to the list?! 🦗🐜🦟

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:55:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#370 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 11:14:15 AM(UTC)
Missing PO cars from collection, even though I have the game since release, pre-ordered it in September 2018.
 1 user liked this post.
#371 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:23:03 AM(UTC)

Thanks man, I am going to work it out hopefully, but wil contact you when I fail. That is good news and a very well hidden feature :D

#372 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:13:21 PM(UTC)
My biggest issues are. In this order of annoyance.

1. - Terrible sound in cockpit view of the majority of cars

2. - Drivatar System

3. - Car customization

4. - Ghosting everyone in online free roam rather than giving us a choice to do it ( GTA V does this the opposite way, and that community is far more annoying ).
#373 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:46:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TobeyxMarshall Go to Quoted Post
Missing PO cars from collection, even though I have the game since release, pre-ordered it in September 2018.

you only get 1 PreOrder car from Preordering
the rest were from playing and obtaining in game
 2 users liked this post.
#374 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:18:52 PM(UTC)
My disappointments with FH4 can pretty much be summed up as that it's feeling like another has-been AAA franchise installment chasing after annoying market trends rather than focusing on its core strengths and actually being a good game. Don't get me wrong, FH4 can be great fun at times, but other times it feels like the game is actively trying to get in the way of being fun.

More specifically, the whole persistent online economy, artificial vehicle scarcity, time gates, and excessive wheelspins (lootboxes by another name) are the worst offenders IMHO. They add nothing to the game and actively make it worse (contrary to what others in here might say, when I say I don't like artificial scarcity and time gates I'm NOT asking for everything to be given out for free, but rather that the challenges that award these things be equally available for all players to attempt at any time without worrying about needing to log into the game during specific time windows).

Beyond that, just the general lack of attention to detail and polish (especially with the awful UI) and focus on sillyness (especially with that awful LEGO expansion)/costumes/battle royale/etc makes me feel like the devs (or least their management) aren't really car people anymore, and would rather make a quick buck pushing game pass subscriptions than a good game and a respected franchise that will be much more beneficial to them long-term.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:41:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#375 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:37:39 PM(UTC)
Nobody is forced to collect all cars. If you're not ok with that new gameplay idea, just finish the base game with the DLC content and you're done with the game. Move on...
16 Pages<<13141516PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error