This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages123>>Next
 44 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:17:32 PM(UTC)
It's growing daily

-Prologue was way too long for no reason.
-No sense of progression anymore. Within the first 2 hours I had over ten cars and 1 million CR... You keep getting rewards constantly for no apparent reason.
-Multiplayer is terrible compared to FH3 for the reasons that have been explained all over the forum.
-Clubs are pointless now (no more member ranking, no more CR bonus....).
-Rivals are pointless now (the point of rivals was to build a car to beat times, now you're forced to use a random car)
-Car sounds are worse than ever and too many duplicates (i.e: why does the Focus RS, Mini JCW, Veloster N sound exactly the same? Are the devs in charge of sounds so bad that they can't at least change the pitch to make them slightly different).
-Menu screen is more confusing than ever.
-Many basic features are stills not here, 4 games later (paint brake calipers, interior colors, test drive cars....).
-I keep getting pink hats in Wheelspins, thanks a lot.

That being said, FH4 is an amazing game, but I fear longevity will be affected by those problems
 23 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:36:18 PM(UTC)
- FH3 had 63 championships. FH4 has none except for a handful of random events you have no control over.
- Leaderboards. How can you have a racing game and not give us leaderboards for lap times?
- Placings have no relevance. Last might as well be first.
 41 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:37:45 PM(UTC)
My list of disappointments:

- Roosters and hens don't turn into fried chicken when you run them over
- Can't turn my avatar into a unicorn
- No inflatable Donald Trump balloons floating over the air
- My gambling addicted father keeps wasting credits on wheelspins

And the most disappointing thing of all:

This game is set in bloody Britain and there's no option for me to sit at home and have a nice cup of tea and scones.

Disappointing game so far.
 7 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:13:23 PM(UTC)
Worst MP setup of all the Horizon games. Team Adventure is awful. Rivals dialed back to the stone age. Pfffft!
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 16 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:18:00 PM(UTC)
My list of disappointments:

Well let's see

- again rly bad sound design

- still reused old models (cars, rims etc.) from forza motorsport 4 / horizon 1.

- wheelspin content

- emoji's, at least as wheelspin price and the not funny outdated memes

- the dead/empty world

- the character variation, u can only pick a handful but u can find more variation in the world.

- drone height

- monotonous races, more or less the same event here and there, why no sprint across the map or so? (minus special events)

- u can still not use the onboard navigation device as map. *TDU form 200x had this feature..

- no long testtrack for some vmax tests or so

- lack of new/fresh content and ideas
^ to write down some ideas:
- more tuning options like turbo settings/adjustments
- bicolor rim painting
- let us paint calipers, plastic and chrome, the restriction is rly dumb
- more factory colors
- visible weight reduction
- noticeable sound difference between stock and tuned
- more variation in parts and tuning, some cars are limited to 1 single turbo and the 2 generic engines, let us do crazy builds like dunno s15 with r35 engine, Golf r with the audi 2.5L, different exhausts etc
- using rims from other cars like audi rims on a golf or so. *also, more new rims would be cool.
- more cosmetic options instead of the genric forza spoiler.
- let us adjust the wheel spacers, not with presets..

..the list is long and the community is posting great stuff too since years..
But thanks for the wheel spacers t10/pg a feature thats since yrs in the dev kit.

Signature
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:25:25 PM(UTC)
I'd really like a huge test track with a 10 mile straight make it DLC let us drag race on it and test our machines I want to see how fast every vehicle will go there was a huge test track on one of the old forzas that would do me .
Also ghost people not very cool I want to talk to people race em do stuff with strangers hard to meet people when no 1 talks and they all ghosts.
Thats all.
Oh Some car sounds a bit rubbish but cant moan much theres lots of cars
 14 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:30:15 PM(UTC)
-This is a FH3 expansion pack.
 16 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:35:07 PM(UTC)
5 big faults with this game;

- Not being able to see where you came in a race in case you want to go back & retry it.
Y'know like an actual racing game. Giving me gold when i come any position with no way to see what place i finished is utterly ridiculous. The dev's want people to keep coming back to the game & replayability but then get rid of a fundamental part of that.

- A lot less races then H3 (sneakily made to look like more because map icons are bigger) & no championships similar to H3, one of the best parts about that game. After Horizon 3, Forza 7 & The Crew 2 this game is missing content big time.

- Not enough traffic especially in the city & motorways in both modes. They're pretty lifeless but more so the city. Some pedestrians in the city wouldn't hurt too, Ghost them on contact or have them dodge you like the wildlife.

- No solid motivation/story for progressing. In Horizon 3, you had a somewhat decent story-line with the festivals you had to build up. Here you have...... buy some houses!? Which they could've done much more with. Just feels like theirs no goal. Nothing important to build towards. No real story. It all just seems kinda pointless. Like after you finish a games main story but you're left with a bunch of pointless side-quests to do afterwards, except thats the whole game here. No story just pointless side-quests. There's just a couple cut-scenes at the beginning then that's it. Story over for the whole game. Overall H4 is better but even The Crew 2 did a much better job of progression & story.

- In it's quest to keep rewarding you, the game now feels so unrewarding. It just gives you all the best things straight out of the gates which feels unrewarding because you don't have to do anything for it but then when you do the races you make so little money it makes that unrewarding too. Also continuing from the first point, just handing you a gold trophy, telling you that you've completed a race no matter what place you came, even if you were last isn't rewarding. In H3 you got gold, silver, bronze or nothing. Now everyone's a winner, even if you come last. It makes no sense. Even if you come last you make virtually the same money/points as if you came first. It's ridiculous.

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 6:06:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

11 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:42:46 PM(UTC)
I have been playing this game for an average of 4 hours a day since the early access launched, and so far I have been having fun. However there are still some things that I find baffling, I am shocked that things are the way they are. Mostly, they relate to longevity and replayability. (You’ll notice most of them have been already mentioned in one way or another. That means that it’s probably not just one guy’s opinion)

- Number of races: Someone already mentioned the staggering amount of races in FH3. Not only you had the individual exhibitions, but after that you had to complete a championship for each one. Took me a significant amount of time to do that. Here? 70 exhibitions with huge icons that clutter the map, and the only championships we get are the seasonal ones that I hate anyway? I am playing at Above Average difficulty, the payoff of doing a championship at that difficulty is not worth the time and effort. I hoped that the new season would bring new races. But I think I only saw 1 or 2 per category? How is that supposed to scale 1 year in the future. There would be no space on the map left. And why no championships? Another problem - you’re supposed to reach level 20 in a category to unlock the final final race for it. But to do that, you literally have to spam the pre-final race at least 40 times, with a car that has the +20% bonus perk. I get it that in FH3 we mostly did the same races again too, but it was dressed differently. Here it’s just mindless grinding.

- No sense of progression: I feel the “story” peeters out very quick. There already is no real reason for me to keep playing once I reached lvl 10 in the racing categories. I mean sure, I can do all drift/speed zones, etc, and that will take some time sure, but why keep racing? To reach level 20? Is a number supposed to motivate me to grind the same race hours on end? Oh the rewards! That’s right, at level 18 road racing I got a shirt as a reward. I spent 3 hours for a shirt.

- Seasons underwhelming? Sure autumn looks different, road is mostly wet, and leaves are falling. Cool. But where is the cool transition we were promised? Where is the feeling of change? I opened the game and it was like “ye map looks different now, cool.” But same activities, same races, nothing really new. Argualy winter will be the one that brings the most change. But with the same races, it will get boring pretty fast I reckon.

- Wheelspins. Don’t even get me started. If they add credits for you to buy super wheelspins, I’m out.

- No reason to change cars: As it’s currently designed, the game actually is against me going out and having fun with a new car. The only way I can do that is if I had some skills saved up. Wanna do some skills? Use your maxed out rally car or whatever. Wanna do some races? Tough luck use your car that has the bonus influence perk. I know that none of these actually forbid you from picking any car. But the sensation this generates - to feel like ah **** , I would have gotten more points in another car, it’s detrimental to the user experience. It feels limiting rather than empowering.

There are other small things that slip my mind, but those are the biggest gripes I have.
 10 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:51:51 PM(UTC)
There's many many things that annoy and remain from previous games. There's occasional bad glitches with frame rate/sound and it has crashed once (xbone) but... for me it's the wheelspins or more to the point "super" wheelspins. A great example is my last one. I received a stupid horn and a stupid hat and a stupid 5000CR. I very narrowly missed out on the Reventon FE for a stupid white top hat.
 7 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:10:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: asm1983 Go to Quoted Post

I wish! If that were true it would have class based rivals and a very good online option with class choice
 6 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:18:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: asm1983 Go to Quoted Post

THIS FEELS LIKE A DLC!
The map is minuscule and so congested with events I can’t see them all without changing the map filters.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:22:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:28:23 PM(UTC)
- Can't remove driver in photo mode.
- Lack of a progression system. After a few days of playing and getting past level 50 the only thing keeping me on this game is the photo mode.
- Emotes. They are just a waste of wheel spin space.
- Car customization is lacking. It has been the same since the first game. Even the crew 2, an arcade game has custom interior color/materials, brake caliper paint, etc.
- The airport is trashed. (should've been a clear runway like forza horizon 3)
- No car meet like in the last game. I know it was usually just a bunch of bugged out cars drag racing but it had potential to become something better with adjustments.
- No Rolls Royce Phantom. The game is based in Britain and they have BMW in the game which owns rolls royce so I don't understand how it didn't make it into the game.

That's just a few main disappointments with FH4. I love the game's graphics and location but the fun runs out pretty quickly after the first 5-7 hours of game-play. This game has a lot of potential just needs to be fixed.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:35:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HOONIGANGSTER Go to Quoted Post
THIS FEELS LIKE A DLC!
The map is minuscule and so congested with events I can’t see them all without changing the map filters.

As my post above alludes to, this game has many faults but to be fair, the map has been accurately measured by many & is actually slightly bigger then H3. There's about 30sec drive time less compared but it's barely noticeable.

To me i think there's less events & definitely less road races but they've made the map icons bigger which is why its more crowded, probably to make it look more full then it would be.
 5 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:37:16 PM(UTC)
My thoughts on the feedback in this thread.

-I thoroughly enjoyed the prologue myself.

-Game throws money at you yes but you can also throw money at the game (Currently saving up for Bamburgh castle) so I feel like the money economy isn't overly different.

-The drip fed time exclusive championships are 100% bull. Especially compared to FH3s 63 and FH2's 160+ 4 race championships on launch. I do like the extra added stipulations though, today I had to play C class rally car on unbeatable. Was really quite fun. Co-op championships being bugged for 2 weeks running which sucks, this week's was beyond better than last week's.

-Anything multiplayer is yeap... a mess.

-Rivals was my personal endgame for Forza.. "was" being the keyword.

-The world, love it, absolutely beautiful. Doesn't feel empty on solo, in shared world it quietens down.
 8 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:09:29 PM(UTC)
Can I join?

Everything takes so long, the game LOVES to take control away from you to show you new races to do, show loading screens, "allocating server", 10 second stare at a playernames screen pre-race or rejoining a convoy/friend co-op session post race.

Prologue is way too long. Can't play with players who're a season ahead so screw you if you wanted to play with your friends in the beginning.

Races last less time than actually setting them up + waiting for all the bloody point bars to fill up post race. If you have a wheelspin well have fun waiting even more I guess.

Wheelspins takes away any and all feelings of progression. You earn more through wheelspins than through achieving stuff and actually being good at the game (was an issue in FH3 too).

Way too much focus on the avatars this time around. I can't stand the emotes and I hatehatehate getting clothes in wheelspins. I just don't care, it's filler lootbox [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D].

Remove lootboxes.. Let players earn stuff instead either through currency or actual in-game achievements like beating a hard race.

Stop with the quippy banter and just get to the point! It's not funny and I can't control anything until they shut up, not even skip previously watched cutscenes if I have to redo an event. Seriously. Be quiet, let me race. Stuff it already.

---
It's a GREAT racing game. I LOVE racing in it! It runs better than FH3 on PC and it's waaay more stable. Just remove the wheelspins and cut back on the avatar [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. If you want characters to chat and banter at least let me quit out of the map screen and play while they continue. Do not take away player control, it's infuriating!

Edited by user Friday, October 5, 2018 5:50:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:34:37 PM(UTC)
Music that can't be turned off in menus and the radio in stunt driver ignoring settings
Smashing windscreens in multiplayer rush although you have the damage turned off
Lack of class based multiplayer lobbies
Narrow off-road races that 2 cars cannot pass through certain gaps
Constant S1 and S2 races in online racing
Hiding the tune menu in the main menu
Stupid avatars
Appalling load times
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 5/26/2046 12:45:06 PM(UTC)
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:46:00 PM(UTC)
For everyone complaining about number of races remeber we are getting a track editor so they will be unlimited! Although having to use the same roads they might be somewhat predictable.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 7:54:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:07:07 PM(UTC)
I still have yet to play in any race other than rivals or solo. Besides the adventure mode of course...but why do all these races on the map never find other players to race with? All I've done are solo races so far.
 3 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:39:32 PM(UTC)
My biggest disappointment would be that when FM7 launched at least the head guy over there came out and publicly apologized to everyone on how awful the multiplayer was. I'd like to see that from PG do the same for FH4 multiplayer.
 6 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:01:43 PM(UTC)
- where are the competitions in which you can compete with each other individually and not team ? disappointment

- where is the selection of races due to the car class? disappointment

- where is the choice of seasons and the type of competition in which you want to participate disappointment

do not necessarily want to take part in cross competitions or cross-country. I have no choice

where rivals are on every route with each class of car? big disappointment
Proud member of the "TiDY" club
 5 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:18:09 PM(UTC)
I've posted about this twice now. Progression is a big issue to me and is ruining these games. This is why I like the Motorsport series because at least there is some sort of structure (but the overall "fun" is missing). The early Gran Turismo days (PS2) had it right where you start with a basic car and, yes, have to grind up. Not a bad thing. Buying an intake meant you would get a slight edge maybe and it took a bunch of races to afford one. Now I can go load up my sweet car right away with all the mods I want and they basically are meaningless anyway because other vehicles just match your PI (yes I get it to keep it competitive but it is pointless). Finish an off-road event last? Congrats you've completed the event and can move on here is your participation trophy. This instant gratification is not fun.
The car packs in deluxe and ultimate editions are what they are (more cars whew) but also seem silly in that you should have to earn them in-game once you hit a tier or unlock them somehow. Instead you have garages that are just more loaded to start out. It's hilarious. What is there to work towards? I have DLC cars just sitting there waiting in marketplace which I don't even want to bother putting in the garage. Same with the standard game. You're loaded with credits right off the bat. Motorsport isn't much better really you are in a 911 in no time. These games are brilliant I don't get why they take the challenge and structure out of it. You still get your open world freedom and options. If you like having all the cars at once, having an Agera right away, then this is not a problem at all. Blueprint races and just choosing not to mod or "creating my own structure" driving a basic car by choice are for me not viable alternatives. This is like starting an FPS with a good deal of the most powerful, upgraded weapons. At first I was happy with "pink hats" or whatever digital clutter they had thrown in there instead of being given another great car but it just gets away from you.
Someone had posted this which I like:
Quote:
My main complaint is that we have multiple choices. Here's what I mean by that. In FH1 you started off in a Volkswagen Corrado. Not only was it a more believable car to start off in, not only was it slower and old, but it was the only car to pick. You were stuck with it. It felt like a true Rookie car, a nobodies car. Here's the thing, I never even knew about the Corrado before FH1, but because you were stuck with it for a while, I became attached to it and so did a lot of others. The car meant something and if it didn't and if you despised it, the first car you bought meant something because you were happy to get out of the Corrado. Giving multiple choices makes the cars feel meaningless imo unless you really love them anyway.

Anyway I do like the map it is not as sparse as AU was but agree with whomever said it is a mess and you have to filter just to see things. And yes game menus a mess too. Okay switching to bullets. These are complete nitpicks.
  • As someone who is not a fan of multiplayer at all the way they implemented multiplayer is kind of cool and they kept the solo options open. I have seen some complaints about notifications and other issues with that, though. Probably will be fixed. The hourly Forzathons do great with notification. Majority of online players in S1's and S2's from what I've seen so far. It's nice to see a surprise car in the open world out of the 400+ cars available. Not many in the slower cars.

• Some sort of online manual or more detailed tutorial would be nice. I had no clue what the number meant (multiplayer events) and that you need to pause then push LB to see what it is. Also am not as familiar to Xbox as others so knowing more about how clubs and groups work with the game would be nice. Guess I could Google it. Did add a few from the Xbox app but don't know what they do. Same with convoys. Parties I'm guessing are just groups of friends hooked up in a game. How this is different from Clubs no clue. Added some random friends from Reddit who wanted to be added since there weren't any (I know, sad).

• Custom controller mappings aren't sticking (did a support ticket). Map or telemetry won't assign to the buttons I assign them too and it requires you to have a mapping for controls that you don't want so just wasting space (i.e. the chat button). Using XoneS controller. Update: This is a known problem.

• None of my on-screen displays work on MS games. I can't monitor hardware on PC in real-time. If anyone knows of one that does, please let me know.

• When you can advance in the game using the livery creator the same way as you can by racing I think there is an issue.

• I'm not going to end up driving close to all the cars in the game and really don't even need car pass. Why people are obsessed with that I don't know unless you just like to collect 1's and 0's for your digital garage.

• My microphone shows as not muted but no one can hear me during events and I can't hear them even though their mics are not muted either. Prob user error and not the game but I don't know what is going on.

• Preposterous drivetrain swaps. Gimme a break with turning every car to AWD and making my NSK a 1.6L I-4 turbo.

However, all of this is nothing compared to lack of Groove Integration. I miss that so much. I don't know why MS abandons some of their best products. This was and is great to use on desktop, mobile, and Xbox. I like cars, I like listening with no music and hearing the cars, but these games are huge time dumps with endless things to do and driving with music is relaxing. When integrated streaming changed when you entered a festival site and such. It's only a small thing but it makes a difference. It working with the in-game voice and changing tracks at the start of the race. The way Horizon 3 adjusts volume and adds effects like reverb makes it really feel like the music is part of the world, rather than just something playing in the background. Which is great because it is your music. Was hoping streamer mode meant it would do the same thing with Spotify. I realize Groove music pass or whatever is gone but it is still very functional and was a piece of cake to drop songs from onedrive into a "forza" playlist. I got Blizzard Mountain when it was on sale for 5 or 6 bucks few weeks before FH4 came out but never touched it (didn't play too much of FH3 unfortunately). Been meaning to go back just to enjoy Groove again but it is hard to do with the new one sitting right there.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:56:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:30:54 PM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4 generally feels incomplete and not thought through well enough.
 4 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:39:16 PM(UTC)
My biggest issue with the game so far is the way it takes you back to the progression screen with the awful music and dancing ect.

It ruins the immersion.

In FH3 you complete a race and see the progression without leaving the road. It was much better.

I would like to be able to disable the music entirely. It's terrible and FH3 music was much better.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:47:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PaperChimp66488 Go to Quoted Post
*TDU form 200x had this feature..

TDU From 2006. From 2006. Its a feature of a game which was realeased 12 years ago. Also, you have buttons which can zoom out and zoom in the map. It was very convenient as well.
13 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error