4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:42:12 AM(UTC)
Anybody have a good suggestion on a specific event to rack up Showoff skills in? I'm horrible with the dirt races after having spent the past year in FM7, so this is excruciating for me, even after cranking the AI way down. I missed out on one of the dailies from Summer because I wasn't paying attention, and I'm trying to finish out the weekly bonus for Autumn this time around, but so far this one has me beat.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:42:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:32:46 PM(UTC)
Ok I give up on these stupid showoff skills. Just gonna be 6/7 this week.

Especially since it seems the previous poster who said they all have to be in the same race appears to be right.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#78 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:03:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Manthas Go to Quoted Post
Anybody have a good suggestion on a specific event to rack up Showoff skills in? I'm horrible with the dirt races after having spent the past year in FM7, so this is excruciating for me, even after cranking the AI way down. I missed out on one of the dailies from Summer because I wasn't paying attention, and I'm trying to finish out the weekly bonus for Autumn this time around, but so far this one has me beat.

For me dirt races are not ideal for the Showoff Skill or for drifting, generally, road races were far easier to rack up that skill.

I got it done in Derwent Lakeside Sprint but it did take a number of failed attempts.
#79 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:41:28 AM(UTC)
Daily challenges ending at 7:30am Pacific

Man Without Fear - ends Tuesday
Earn 3 Daredevil Skills

Go for the Gap - ends Wednesday
Closely overtake while racing to earn 3 Pass Skills

Scandinavian Flick - ends Thursday
Earn 2 Drift or E-Drift Skills

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#80 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 4:51:31 PM(UTC)
So for the weekly you need to get 10 air skills in the Honda NSX-R and I've been jumping all over but it hasn't counted one. What is it looking for?
#81 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:29:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LardoAG Go to Quoted Post
The S1 Rally Co-op even is bugged too. It's not as bad as "Cheeky Lambos", the drivatars are closer to "highly skilled" this time. Still, my win didn't register and I didn't get the reward, just like with "Cheeky Lambos".

It's definitely bugged, I've done it now 5 times and won 15 out of the 16 races and still nothing. The game is great but stuff like this is disappointing.

I had to do 1 extra Road Race Sprint race in the NSX to get the weekly as well, but at least that one eventually counted.

#82 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 11:22:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Uasdf Go to Quoted Post
So for the weekly you need to get 10 air skills in the Honda NSX-R and I've been jumping all over but it hasn't counted one. What is it looking for?

Have you completed the previous ones first
#83 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:12:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ssrdemo Go to Quoted Post
Ok I give up on these stupid showoff skills. Just gonna be 6/7 this week.

Especially since it seems the previous poster who said they all have to be in the same race appears to be right.

Why don’t you use a circuit race and set the number of laps high enough to guarantee success? If you also set the drivatar difficulty to new racer the cars will be easy to pass on the turns. Job done 😄

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:14:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:19:59 AM(UTC)
Many thanks to all who have posted here regarding tips to get the weekly challenge unlocked with the Honda.
Managed to complete it today with my original NSX upgraded to S2 and completed each challenge in order to get it to click.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:36:02 AM(UTC)
Could someone please inform me as to how I can check how many Forzathon points I have? I know they are on the hour for me and I competed in one forzathon live event and earnt 30 from it, but where can I spend these and how do I know how many I actually have in total?
#86 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:58:31 AM(UTC)
Forzathon shop in the pause menu
#87 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:58:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Skulduggery660 Go to Quoted Post
Could someone please inform me as to how I can check how many Forzathon points I have? I know they are on the hour for me and I competed in one forzathon live event and earnt 30 from it, but where can I spend these and how do I know how many I actually have in total?

Pause menu, then navigate one to the right to the, 'Horizon Life' section. Then in 'Horizon Life', navigate to the 'Forzathon' section in the bottom middle and enter it. There, you can see the daily challenges, navigate to the left to see the active/upcoming weekly challenges, or navigate to the right to enter the Forzathon shop. Your total Forzathon points are displayed in the bottom right.

#88 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 6:48:04 AM(UTC)
So Forzathon doesn't give us cars anymore??
#89 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 2:42:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bone1063 Go to Quoted Post
So Forzathon doesn't give us cars anymore??

Forzathon Challenges (and Forzathon Live) give you Forzathon Points which you spend in the Forzathon Shop on prizes, some of which are cars.

So no, indirectly, Forzathon still gives you cars if you want it to. And there were plenty of Forzathons in FH3 and FM7 that didn't have cars as _any_ of the prizes if I recall correctly, so it was never a guarantee.

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 2:43:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#90 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:03:20 AM(UTC)
Right - I understand that, just making sure I wasn't missing some challenges. Just started playing and haven't really gotten used to where everything is. Thanks
#91 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:26:58 AM(UTC)
I am trying to do a winter forzathon (the one with the lion's head) and it's trying to do matchmaking but then it just keeps skipping and starting the time over that says x amount of time till next event. What do I do here?

Also for the hourly challenges - it was working the other day but today would not. How do I get involved in those?

Thanks
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#92 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:39:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bone1063 Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to do a winter forzathon (the one with the lion's head) and it's trying to do matchmaking but then it just keeps skipping and starting the time over that says x amount of time till next event. What do I do here?

Also for the hourly challenges - it was working the other day but today would not. How do I get involved in those?

Thanks

I believe at least one other player has to participate in the race. As for the hourly, hit menu and verify you are online, of you are, change sessions.
#93 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:49:16 PM(UTC)
Thanks

Edited by user Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:18:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error