16 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:47:34 PM(UTC)
Well with the roster of cars only growing I guess this is going to be like FM6 where I will run out of garage space before I collect every car killing my interest in the game early.
AMD 2700X, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32gb DDR4 3400, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, Samsung 950 Pro, Samsung 850 Evo.
#52 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 12:11:51 AM(UTC)
Please Raise the Limit to 900 and maybe put an Option: 1500 Cars Limit for 4,99€/$ in the Shop to buy.
 7 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#53 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 12:49:53 AM(UTC)
Just to clarify, the maximum save limit (currently) for Cars is 550 and wherever 900 was mentioned was a mistake.
Tunes are limited to 300

However, we are looking into further feedback regarding the limits and what you would advise as an 'ideal average amount" especially as I understand that you all would currently like this to be increased

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2018 12:57:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:02:48 AM(UTC)
Thanks for dropping in and taking the time to post Retro.

Please include paints/designs in this count as well.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:08:11 AM(UTC)
My preference would be to raise the limit to a multiple of the number of cars in the game. x1.5 - x2

Things like Car Pass and the expansion packs may add more cars, so starting with say 500 different cars, x1.5 would raise it to 750 limit, while x2 would be 1000.

That gives scope to get every car, and also to keep different variants of some for multiplayer - X, S2, S1, A class ready for different lobbies.

Of course another way to address the car limit issue is to make it easier to sell the cars you don't use, or scrap for half value like in FH3. I certainly have common cars from wheelspins I have little desire to use, but equally little chance to sell in the AH.
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:08:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Just to clarify, the maximum save limit (currently) for Cars is 550 and wherever 900 was mentioned was a mistake.
Tunes are limited to 300

However, we are looking into further feedback regarding the limits and what you would advise as an 'ideal average amount" especially as I understand that you all would currently like this to be increased

I'd love a 900 car limit but to be honest I'd rather have a 750 car limit, but then the ability to save the same number of tunes and paints so we don't have to do any workarounds in order to have a livery and tune on all our cars.
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:40:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MB6Roj Go to Quoted Post
Tunes are limited to 300

I'd love a 900 car limit but to be honest I'd rather have a 750 car limit, but then the ability to save the same number of tunes and paints so we don't have to do any workarounds in order to have a livery and tune on all our cars.

I think 750 would be easily enough (well expecting there is not coming 700 cars) but yeah should be able to get every single car and some extra ones because many people want to get same car in different class or different kinda tune. And livery limit should definetly be same than garage size so dont need any work arounds to get painting on every car. Tune limit effects mostly just tuners (god i allready hate when cant share more than 300 tunes, it's allready really hard to choose which tune to unshare when gets new car) because if you download tunes you can remove those after you have installing tune.
#58 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:59:32 AM(UTC)
To be honest, I couldn't care less.
I will never drive all of the cars in this game, and I will never paint or tune all of them.

I have only so much time on my hands and if I want to drive every car for only 10 minutes, then that would be 5500 Minutes.
That's 91.6 hours.
I'd rather spend those 91 hours in cars that matter to me and in races.

There's so many look-a-like & drive-a-like cars like nissans, subarus, mazdas and whatnot.

You guys really want to keep all of those? For what purpose?
Just keep the 20 cars you regularly drive

I currently got probably about 10 hours in the M6, 5 hours in the huracan and maybe 8 hours in the Ford GT MKI.
And 1 minute in the other cars to check what perks they got.

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2018 10:32:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 4:20:14 AM(UTC)
I would say it needs to be possible to own every car in the game (total after DLC/Expansions) with a minimum of 100 garage slots on top of that as everyone has their favourite cars where you want to have different class builds or off-road builds. Then paint and tune limit needs to match that.

I can't comment on the design of the Xbox storage, but on PC it would also be appreciated to have an option to have additional cars/paints/tunes/photos saved locally.
#60 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:06:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Avenger1324 Go to Quoted Post
My preference would be to raise the limit to a multiple of the number of cars in the game. x1.5 - x2

Things like Car Pass and the expansion packs may add more cars, so starting with say 500 different cars, x1.5 would raise it to 750 limit, while x2 would be 1000.

That gives scope to get every car, and also to keep different variants of some for multiplayer - X, S2, S1, A class ready for different lobbies.

Of course another way to address the car limit issue is to make it easier to sell the cars you don't use, or scrap for half value like in FH3. I certainly have common cars from wheelspins I have little desire to use, but equally little chance to sell in the AH.

You can't sell cars for half price in H3 unless it's won on a wheel spin and you already own that car.
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:39:52 AM(UTC)
Yeah I really hope they increase the limit, I'm already over 400 vehicles, most of which came from wheelspins, I've gotten rid of almost all the duplicates except for a few cars I really like that I built different tunes for. It just seems like that space is going to get used up very quickly, especially since there's no way to simply sell cars you have duplicates of anymore. I've actually just been getting rid of a lot of cars that either won't sell on the AH or just aren't worth the risk of crashing my game. Not sure why but most of my crashes come when I'm in the Festival working on cars or using the AH. 900 would be ideal so we never really have to worry much about the limit. I don't like the idea of having to pick and choose cars because of a garage limit.

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2018 7:40:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 8:06:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GIBBONS ALPHA Go to Quoted Post
I would say it needs to be possible to own every car in the game (total after DLC/Expansions) with a minimum of 100 garage slots on top of that as everyone has their favourite cars where you want to have different class builds or off-road builds. Then paint and tune limit needs to match that.

Listen to him, what he says is the truth.
#63 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:59:22 AM(UTC)
Hello RetroKrystal. Thank you for Coming in and Letting us know what is going On :) I am Sorry I got your user-Tag wrong Last Night

On Raising the Limits.

As the *only* way I can get what I perceive to be My Moneys Worth out of the Game is to own *All* of the Cars that the Game Offers, the Garage and Paint Caps are Definitely going to have to be Increased!

For Me to get what I Personally perceive to be My Moneys Worth, the Games Garage Cap has *got* to be Increased so I can own One Version of Every Single Car that will be in the Game, that includes all DLC and Expansions Cars, All Forza Editions ETC.

That, I am sorry to say, is pretty much a *requirement* for Me to get what I Personally view as the Full Value of the Game. I am Sorry to be a bit Inflexible and Dictatorial there , but, £80 is very Hard indeed for Me to find on PIP (Personal Independence Payment) so I really do need to get what I see as My Full Moneys Worth at that kind of Cost as it takes a long time for Me to Replace it.

Personally, I would prefer the 900 Garage, 700 Tune and 700 Paint Slots that JONK1969 Mistakenly Stated the Game would have (I THINK it was on the First Forza Monthly Stream after the "Four Seasons" streams, but I could be Wrong!) , but I also accept that May not be Possible on the Xbox Platform due to Hardware/Software Limitations, I know FM7 has those Limits, but I also understand that Open World Games like FH4 are considerably more Demanding and those Limits might not be Possible.

Ideally the Garage Slot Limit in the Game, (should the full 900 Cars /700 Tunes /700 Paint not be Possible of course) , should be the *Full* Car List, so, say, 700 Cars (as I think that's probably round about what it will have with all the DLC and Expansions added along with the Season Exclusive Cars) Plus 50 "free" Slots on top to allow for Special "forzathon" Duplicates (to be Sold or Deleted when Finished with) , and to allow Headroom for Wheelspin/Super Wheelspins to still be Opened., so 750 Slots for the Garage, as other Users have Said, is about right for the "Ideal Average" , as I am pretty sure Xbox will handle that no Problem.

Yeah, 750 Slots is about right on the Garage as an "Ideal Average " IMO Should Hardware/Software Limitations make the full 900 Slots of FM7 Impossible to Implement in FH4.

For Me, the Current 300 Slots for Tuning is Perfectly Fine as there is No Way I am going to hit that as I like to Keep My Cars "Stock" and only really Modify for Forzathons, so for Me that can stay as it is, but, I am sure the Tuning Community would like it raised to around 400+ Slots if Possible.

Ideally I would like a Cap Raise to around 550 Slots on "Paint Schemes" if that is at all Possible with the Hardware/Software Limitations, as even changing the Cars "Manufacturer" Colour takes up a Paint Slot, which is a bit of a Problem with the Wheelspin Cars! as a lot of them are in the "Wrong" Colour for Me, or May even need a Special Livery Downloaded ( I have just *got* to have a Seacrest County Speed Enforcement Livery on the Crown Vic!) , and I always repaint the Forza Editions.

Either way, I would Really Appreciate it if the Garage Cap could be Raised slightly, even if it is not Raised to the full 750 "Ideal Average" straight Away , in the November Patch to, say, 600 Slots, just to give the Game some Extra Headroom.

I am sure that the Talented Staff at Playground could patch the Game to 600 Slots for the Garage and 350 Slots for Paints, for the November Patch to give us Consumers some Extra Headroom , then work on slowly upping it to the full 750 Cars /550 Paint Slots at, say, 50 New Slots added Per Patch, as that "slow Increase" would, hopefully make it easier to keep the Code Stable.

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2018 11:22:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Extra Clarification!

#64 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 11:17:39 AM(UTC)
I'm in too for some space in garage because the point of having a game with lot of cars without being able to keep all is a little bit complicated.
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 12:38:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kyoss79 Go to Quoted Post
I will never drive all of the cars in this game, and I will never paint or tune all of them.

I have only so much time on my hands and if I want to drive every car for only 10 minutes, then that would be 5500 Minutes.
That's 91.6 hours.

You're obviously not a true car person so you don't understand.

I'm already approaching 300 hours in FH4.

I drive and paint every car, because I love cars. And there are plenty of others here who do the same.

If you don't understand, then fine, but don't make assumptions about how others wish to use the game based on your own perception,, especially if you cannot appreciate the subtle differences between car models.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#66 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:25:39 PM(UTC)
I'm disappointed in reading this to find out the cap is 550.

A lot of people in the community like to collect and have at least one of each car. (as evidenced by this post).

If or when it comes to the point of having to make a decision on what cars to delete or sell because of storage reasons......I will honestly probably choose the easy route and just not play this game anymore.

It's almost the year 2019. Garage space shouldn't be an issue. I think the garage cap was 550 back in Forza Motorsport 3 (maybe?). It should only be going up. I cannot remember what the caps were in the previous games.

I hope we don't have to see future DLC for garage space, but I'd probably do it if it's reasonably priced. Still, this shouldn't be a concern in the Forza franchise as many years as it has been going.
#67 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:15:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kyoss79 Go to Quoted Post

That's 91.6 hours.

There's so many look-a-like & drive-a-like cars like nissans, subarus, mazdas and whatnot.

You guys really want to keep all of those? For what purpose?
Just keep the 20 cars you regularly drive

I currently got probably about 10 hours in the M6, 5 hours in the huracan and maybe 8 hours in the Ford GT MKI.
And 1 minute in the other cars to check what perks they got.

All peoples are not like you, i like myself collect every car possible (im missing only 30 at this moment) and i have tune and drive every single one that i own. I have even spredsheet to compare cars lap times and my goal is to do drive every car on every track to really know what cars are the best. 20 regulars, in fh3 i have even 6 different '05 wrx imbrezza that i drive regulary.
#68 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 5:39:35 PM(UTC)
If I could sell cars, I wouldn't mind the 550 limit.
#69 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:24:54 PM(UTC)

I think 1.5x the base-game car list should suffice for all Forza games across the board, with a corresponding increase in the tune and livery storage as well. If someone were to obtain one of every car in the game as of right now, including all DLC, Forzathon cars, etc., they would only have around 25 spaces left. There's still four and 3/4 months worth of Car Pass cars, two expansions, and any additional cars coming with content updates coming. There will be a point where someone paid real money for a car they cannot even access, or are physically unable to purchase (with Credits) any other car they may want without having to sell or remove a different car first.

This is a completely backwards direction in a game that has car collection as one of its primary focuses. A direct hindrance to a player's goals, a player's motivations, a player's fun.

I don't really tune, so I'm not fussed about the tune limit. However, with both the tune and paint limits in mind, another focus of this game is playing how you want to; specializing in the things you want to do. This is also a game - if not franchise as a whole - that loves to talk about and support its creative community. These limits actively discourage people from extensively tuning and painting; once again, a completely backwards, counterintuitive direction in what the game wants players to do.

The paint limit wouldn't be as daunting if a simple color switch, window tint, or rim color change didn't count as a design. I have around 120 designs used up in my game currently, but only two or three of those are actually designs. The rest are different manufacturer colors, or in a couple of cases, a different rim color. Why is that considered a design? Putting Race Brakes on my car doesn't make a tune, so why should dark gray rims, or a Rosso Corsa to Giallo Modena switch on a Ferrari count as a design? I think that once a vinyl goes on the car, it's fair game. Otherwise, it shouldn't count against the player that the color they want is not the "default" color option. Perhaps this is something that can be looked into as an alternative, if the limits for these items cannot be increased any further.

Thank you for gathering feedback.

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2018 7:26:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

One of "The 50"
#70 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 7:53:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Avenger1324 Go to Quoted Post

See, this would not be a problem if instead of picking a car for Races you would actually pick a Tune. So that way instead of required the need to hold to same car many times just so you have it at the ready for specific class/type race. But ya, suggestions are not very often looked at. I don't know how many times I get into an online and they randomly throw A-Class then you scramble to fine one you like, you pick it and darn it is setup for Drag or street and this is going to be dirt or winter. If I could choose the tune, then I could get the car I want even if the tune is NOT on it currently.

As for max car, that way, having 1 garage spot for every existing car including future expansion would be sufficient. The # of tunes would kick in for that setup and since a lot of people have car preferences they used but collect many other it would serve it well. But really, there's should be 3x more tunes as available cars just in cases.

And I guess for those wanting multiple design for each car, those could be saved apart for the car itself, again allowing a different count limit. Whichever takes less space on their cloud.

Zak

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2018 8:02:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 8:49:25 PM(UTC)
Are the Perks for each car considered to be a "tune/paint"? I've been going through and at least buying the first perk for a couple hundred of my cars so far and want to know if I'm going to hit the ceiling with it.

Thanks.
#72 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 9:10:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GIBBONS ALPHA Go to Quoted Post

I can't comment on the design of the Xbox storage, but on PC it would also be appreciated to have an option to have additional cars/paints/tunes/photos saved locally.

Agreed. I genuinely mean it when I say that the main reason I buy this game is for the ability tune. Each iteration of Forza, I always set the goal of collecting & tuning each vehicle in game. It kills me that that isn't possible right now. Not to mention that this game has different seasons and terrains that I have to create separate tunes for as well. I hope this gets fixed ASAP.
#73 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 1:16:39 AM(UTC)
So we have garage/paintjob/tune caps and today i notice there is also cap how many tunes creative hub shows, creative hub shows only abaout 250 tunes ( i count 252 but it's not 100% sure) and when tune limit is 300 what damn logic is that creative hub shows only abaout 250, shuoldnt be that hard to code game to show every single one. Retrokrystal is that bug or is game inteded that way?
#74 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 7:18:53 AM(UTC)
I have ultimate edition and at moment 513 cars.

I miss 1 from forzaton shop, 1 FE car, 4 PO cars and with car pass i will get another 30 cars = 449 cars....maybe more comes in forzaton shop and bang, i could not get all cars. ;-(

8700K & 1080TI
#75 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 8:03:20 AM(UTC)
Garage Limit should be = 750
16 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error