16 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#251 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:21:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shakes McQueen Go to Quoted Post
They've already addressed this directly. Patch for garage size is coming sometime in the next few weeks, between updates 5 and 6. They are testing it extensively first, because it modifies save files, and they want to be 100% certain it doesn't corrupt them, potentially affecting thousands of people to fix an issue that is in reality probably affecting about 0.1% of their player base.

That's why there's a thread with 10 pages dedicated to it...... This has been an issue since the first month of the game when people were already hitting the limit. It's also something that should have easily been picked up in development as it was a major issue in FM7, then it wouldn't affect any save games.

This coming Tuesday is directly between the two patches, hopefully that means we will see a fix in less than a week, if not there's only one more Tuesday before update 6.
#252 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:31:01 AM(UTC)
Just hit my design limit so really hoping this comes soon. I like to paint each unique vehicle and I still have a ton left.
 1 user liked this post.
#253 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 9:04:36 AM(UTC)
Well it just got increased to 750.... thats not a bit better but still way to less for me.
I didnt play much last week cause there was nothing to achive... and this small increase wont last long for me... Anyone out here like me?
#254 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 9:11:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JohnChina1337 Go to Quoted Post
Well it just got increased to 750.... thats not a bit better but still way to less for me.
I didnt play much last week cause there was nothing to achive... and this small increase wont last long for me... Anyone out here like me?

Yeah, we may be seen as thankless talking about it. But why not 900 slots like Forza Motorsports?

New cars are going to be added and then the same issue will happen again. 900 would cover all cars plus some duplicates, and we'll have to choose between these two options once again in the future. Can't understand that, they're only delaying the problem for a few months when people will start talking about it again.
 2 users liked this post.
#255 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:13:37 AM(UTC)
Well there's about 822 cars available in FM7 as opposed to 582 in FH4.
Share Code 743 470 966

450,000,000 CR / 51275 FP / 385 SWS / 1880 WS Remaining
#256 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:26:57 AM(UTC)
Thank you for increasing the limits! So happy to finally have more garage space & tunes/paintjobs 😊

That said, I do wish it had been increased to 900 (or even more). By the time I've claimed all of the Auction House vehicles I've got stored and claim the Car Pass vehicles that I haven't collected in the last 3 months I feel like I'm starting to be quite close to the limit again. And with more vehicles added to the game each week it won't take long for me to reach the limit again. But still appreciate the increase, the limit being at 750 is much better than it staying at 550

EDIT: Another thing I'd like to add is that the factory colors (the colors that you can choose when buying a car/painting it) shouldn't count towards the 500 paintjob limit. In my opinion only custom paintjobs should count towards the limit and not a simple respray of the vehicle

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 10:43:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i7-8700K @ 3.7GHz / GTX 1080 Ti / 16GB RAM / Windows 10 64-bit
Xbox One X 1TB / Samsung 50" 4K UHD
#257 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:40:28 AM(UTC)
No Filter to detect duplicates, no solution to stop wheel spins from polluting my garage, no way to know which car has which number of tunes, no way to know which car I can buy to the AS or not ... and we are adding more cars in it, like 20 cars a week at least for me, 3 months from now, back to same situation.

I am surprised they did not close the topic given the release of the feature like they did for FFAA
 2 users liked this post.
#258 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:43:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
No Filter to detect duplicates, no solution to stop wheel spins from polluting my garage, no way to know which car has which number of tunes, no way to know which car I can buy to the AS or not ... and we are adding more cars in it, like 20 cars a week at least for me, 3 months from now, back to same situation.

I am surprised they did not close the topic given the release of the feature like they did for FFAA

Your message is a bloody mess. And how d'you even get 20 cars new cars a week pal ? You're buying duplicates upon duplicates or what ?
 3 users liked this post.
#259 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:46:58 AM(UTC)

Pretty sure the devs mentioned that this update would only include the increased limits and nothing else in case they need to revert back, so not really sure why you were expecting those to be included 🤔

But I do agree with you on some points, I would also love to have a way to filter duplicates and vehicles labeled as NEW in your garage along with being able to directly sell Wheelspin vehicles (for a reduced price for example) immediately after getting them from a Wheelspin. But you never know, we might get those with the next update or one of the ones after that
i7-8700K @ 3.7GHz / GTX 1080 Ti / 16GB RAM / Windows 10 64-bit
Xbox One X 1TB / Samsung 50" 4K UHD
#260 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:48:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post

Your message is a bloody mess. And how d'you even get 20 cars new cars a week pal ? You're buying duplicates upon duplicates or what ?

Oh yes, I go to the AH and buy the exact same cars I already have and I am not playing with and the week after, I go to the garage searching for the duplicates I bought for the pleasure of trashing these. Now, I am so sad because they enhanced the garage, I will have to wait weeks before reaching the limits and have the pleasure to clean it again ...damned.

#261 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:15:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Carrythxd Go to Quoted Post

Pretty sure the devs mentioned that this update would only include the increased limits and nothing else in case they need to revert back, so not really sure why you were expecting those to be included 🤔

But I do agree with you on some points, I would also love to have a way to filter duplicates and vehicles labeled as NEW in your garage along with being able to directly sell Wheelspin vehicles (for a reduced price for example) immediately after getting them from a Wheelspin. But you never know, we might get those with the next update or one of the ones after that

Glad I am not the only one to consider it is a half way thing.

4 years with wheel spins auto filling garage without anything one can do else than going to the garage searching for it and trashing it. No one except people already thinking they will leave the game before reaching the limit can consider the issue as solved.

Edited by user Monday, February 4, 2019 12:17:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#262 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:32:10 PM(UTC)
One word. YAAAAAAY!
 2 users liked this post.
#263 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 12:34:41 PM(UTC)

Oh yes, I go to the AH and buy the exact same cars I already have and I am not playing with and the week after, I go to the garage searching for the duplicates I bought for the pleasure of trashing these. Now, I am so sad because they enhanced the garage, I will have to wait weeks before reaching the limits and have the pleasure to clean it again ...damned.

I'm legitimately confused now.
#264 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:59:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yerfdog65 Go to Quoted Post

For now dude. FM7 was release in october 2017... FH4 is 4 months old.

I'm just saying that people will eventually talk about the same issue again, and will have to choose between new cars once more, without the possibility of duplicates of cars they like the most.

The devs were worried about the patch corrupting save files and stuff, and did a half way work. If they found a way to avoid this problem forever, then I'm okay, because it means they're saving cloud for now. If not, the same headache will come by again. It's delaying the inevitable.
#265 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:04:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Radamanthys461 Go to Quoted Post

I'm just saying that people will eventually talk about the same issue again, and will have to choose between new cars once more, without the possibility of duplicates of cars they like the most.

The devs were worried about the patch corrupting save files and stuff, and did a half way work. If they found a way to avoid this problem forever, then I'm okay, because it means they're saving cloud for now. If not, the same headache will come by again. It's delaying the inevitable.

Fm7 had over 700 at release
It wont get anywhere near that amount in fh4
#266 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:23:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Radamanthys461 Go to Quoted Post

Fm7 had over 700 at release
It wont get anywhere near that amount in fh4

I hope you are right. But there's a long road to go, and many cars being released each month.

That's what happens when they don't answer our doubts about an update. I asked the reason for not being 900 slots (as many players asked for it), and nobody except players discussed with me about it.
#267 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 9:07:26 AM(UTC)
Almost 3 weeks later, not cleaning garage and still doing the wheelspin to get an interesting car from time 2 time, garage growth pace is about 25 cars a week. As I am playing much less than before, I guess many are already back to having to clean their garage ... with no filters to help ...
#268 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:26:39 AM(UTC)
Yeeees, I did it again... reached the garage Limit again... so no more reason to buy the carpass or upcoming car packs :(
I notice that this game isn't made for people who play a lot and like to collect cars.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:28:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#269 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 11:53:02 AM(UTC)
Yeeees, I did it again... reached the garage Limit again... so no more reason to buy the carpass or upcoming car packs :(
I notice that this game isn't made for people who play a lot and like to collect cars.

Get rid of your duplicates
You must have at least 100
They wont be increasing it again
#270 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 10:27:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumberlessMath Go to Quoted Post

I'm legitimately confused now.

lol, stupid question = stupid answer.
That was roughly a month ago, bought like 10 cars and now I am 30 cars from reaching limit and NO filter to highlight duplicates, still wheelspin not detecting duplicates which FH3 is doing easily nothing but a Hey Guy have fun going through the garage and delete 1 by 1 the like 200 duplicates you probably have reached, thanks PG/T10, so much fun ahead, can't wait to be there, please come and try selling me some cars packages ...

and for great minds that are not capable to get it, it is sarcasm, ...

#271 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 2:28:03 PM(UTC)

Uh, no. Less than ideal.

I got to over 700 cars within minutes of the update, as I had hundreds upon hundreds of wheelspins saved up. I was at 750 within a week of the update. So now I'm making hard cuts ... but I'd much rather do that and have the cars I need rather than to have one version of one car that isn't usable in most situations, as there rarely is time to change a tune before I join a race. It's just how I prefer to play. If somebody sets up a B class Classic Muscle on roads, for example, I want to be able to join and choose any car rather than to have a car that is great in the class, but I have it in another class and I don't have time to load a new tune.

Apparently there are currently 601 cars, according to something I saw Manteo Max post (he does a great job). I don't know if that includes all the PO cars and such, but, regardless, the number is still growing. I'd bet money that the limit doesn't change again, but the more time goes with more cars added, the more constraining it's going to feel to more people than just me. Although I won't be a part of FH5, I hope they try to get ahead of this with the next game and not try to use the same framework that makes the gamesaves for these Horizon games more than 5 times larger than any other game I've ever played, and more than 50 times larger than GTAV gamesaves.
#272 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:18:20 AM(UTC)

Sure that is what I could do.
But I love to have the same car in multiple designs/tunings. Like the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3, I have 3 of them 1 RWD, 1 Original look and 1 with the Porsche Race parts.
I don't know why they don't make unlimited Garage space...
They can keep the Tuning/Paintjob/Picture limit because you can Bypass them easy enough or even give you an overall Space and than you can do with your space whatever you want. That way the Cloud saves wouldn't get too big.
#273 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:59:01 AM(UTC)

Dont argue with these people. Just let them complain. 550 wasnt enough, now 750 isnt enough. Oh well
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#274 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:13:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Dont argue with these people. Just let them complain. 550 wasnt enough, now 750 isnt enough. Oh well

I would have like to see them increasing limit right away at 900 so it would leave more room to collect cars. Im at 738 cars right now so soon i have to start making choise do i remove duplicate or some other car.

#275 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:21:26 AM(UTC)
Yeah, seems strange that given the huge amount of testing that was needed to make the change to the garage size they only went to 750 instead of going higher to better future-proof the change. If they need to increase it again then they'll be wasting a bunch of extra time that could have been saved by just increasing the number further in the first place.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
16 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error