This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 1:08:52 PM(UTC)
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_10_5_18
Quote:
For the first time, we’re holding an open drift Bounty Hunter event, where players can use any RWD car and players can tune to their hearts’ content. That tuning will be a crucial component to the action and I can’t wait to see the scores pile up on the leaderboard. In addition to taking on Turn 10 developers Aaron Brooks (GT: Euro Nation) and Devin Carraway (GT: SpaceLionDC), as well as Raceboy 77, you’ll also be going up against five Formula Drift drivers in this event. As always we’ve got fantastic prizes that players can win for taking part and for beating our star opponents. Here’s the details:

HateleyDrift - 2011 Subaru BRZ Forza Edition
TheMattField777 - 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP-570-4 Superleggera
hohnade118 - 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
hossworth - 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition
SD9K - 2016 HSV HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
Euro Nation - Crashed, Dummy Driver Gear
SpaceLionDC - First of Firsts Driver Gear
Raceboy77 - The Driver Abides Driver Gear
Participation - 2017 Mercedes-Benz GT R
Top 75% - 2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe
Top 50% - 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Super20
Top 25% - Cop Driver Gear

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/fm7_october_update

Quote:
To celebrate the launch of the Formula Drift cars in Forza 7, we’re kicking off October with a new Bounty Hunter event beginning on Wednesday, October 3. For the first time ever, we’re holding an open-tuning Drift Bounty Hunter. Players will be able to use any rear-wheel drive car in the game that they own and will be able to use any tune they wish. And your targets for the event? How about five Formula D drivers – Andy Hately (GT: Hateleydrift), Matt Field (GT: TheMattField777), Alec Hohnadell (GT: Hohnade118), Corey Hosford (GT: hossworth), Ryan Literal (GT: SD9K) and two Turn 10 developers known for their drifting skills in Devin Carraway (GT: SpaceLionDC) and Aaron Brooks (GT: Euro Nation). Get those Gamertags added to your Friends List now so you’ll know who you’re chasing as the event goes on. Also, be on the lookout for a new Rivals event celebrating the one-year anniversary of the release of Forza Motorsport 7; run a lap in the “Happy Birthday Forza Motorsport 7” event and you’ll earn yourself a cool 100,000 credits.

Quote:
You can hear more about October update in more depth by tuning into our October edition of ‘Forza Monthly’, which will air on Wednesday, October 3 at 1 p.m. Pacific on the official Forza Twitch and Mixer channels. In addition to kicking off our October Drift Bounty Hunter event live on the show, we’ll be diving deep into Forza Motorsport 7’s October’s changes with the folks at Turn 10 and looking ahead at what’s to come for the rest of 2018.

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:10:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:53:16 PM(UTC)
Not homologated to sport tires or lower......
Sigh.

Bring on all the drag tire (noobs/ect)
#3 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 6:43:44 AM(UTC)
Who cares what tyres someone else uses, it gives no advantage here anyway
#4 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 1:03:08 PM(UTC)
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_10_5_18

Quote:
Also on Wednesday’s show, we kicked off the October Bounty Hunter in Forza 7. For the first time, we’re holding an open drift Bounty Hunter event, where players can use any RWD car and players can tune to their hearts’ content. That tuning will be a crucial component to the action and I can’t wait to see the scores pile up on the leaderboard. In addition to taking on Turn 10 developers Aaron Brooks (GT: Euro Nation) and Devin Carraway (GT: SpaceLionDC), as well as Raceboy 77, you’ll also be going up against five Formula Drift drivers in this event. As always we’ve got fantastic prizes that players can win for taking part and for beating our star opponents. Here’s the details:

You can earn 200,000 CR for each bounty plus the specific reward:

Name Gamertag Reward
Andy Hateley - Hateleydrift 2011 Subaru BRZ Forza Edition
Matt Field - TheMattField777 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP-570-4 Superleggera
Alec Hohnadell - Hohnade118 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
Corey Hosford - hossworth 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition
Ryan Litteral - SD9K 2016 HSV HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
Aaron Brooks - Euro Nation Crashed, Dummy Driver Gear
Devin Carraway - SpaceLionDC First of Firsts Driver Gear
Raceboy77 - The Driver Abides Driver Gear
Participation - 2017 Mercedes-Benz GT R
Top 75% - 2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe
Top 50% - 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Super20
Top 25% - Cop Driver Gear
#5 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 1:53:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post

Please don't butt in when you have 0 knowledge...
Thank you.
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 5:42:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x8o8drifter Go to Quoted Post

Thank you.

Sits 3rd global on the LB, has 0 knowledge..... Come on dude
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:16:10 AM(UTC)

Thank you.

The expert has gone quiet, chowing down on humble pie maybe?
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 9:30:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you.

The expert has gone quiet, chowing down on humble pie maybe?

Most likely the expert is choking on said humble pie now, desperately pleading for someone to perform the Heimlich maneuver.

Blue having 0 knowledge of drifting, hands down winner 2018 for most ill thought out post. Drifting is Blue's specialty.

That being said, even if we had a Slot Car setting, pinning the front of the car to the center of the track, I myself am going to epically stink at this bounty challenge. Good luck to all participating.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:24:01 AM(UTC)
The Formula D guys are not messing around, of the people who have set times as of last night the only person not above 40,000 points is Euro Nation. If I remember correctly the top bounty was just below 45,000 points. Using my own Silvia or any of the Formula D cars I can routinely get between 38,000 and 40,000 points, I think I managed to get just above 42,000 last night.

The #232 240SX is a great driving car, it is so easy to hold angle with it.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:48:49 PM(UTC)
Knowing what was said above about the FD drivers is kind of scary. I need to give myself a little more cushion. I'm determined for these prizes!
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:22:15 PM(UTC)
As of 10/9/2018 10:20pm T10 time

HatelyDrift 44,980
hohnmade118 43,396
SpaceLionDC 41,944
SD9K 41,602
Euro Nation 38,960
Hossworth 32,046

I am sitting 332 in the world (21,107 scores posted) with a score of 42,264. Top score in the world is 66,635, 2nd in the world is 53,698, 3rd in the world is 48,158
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:29:09 PM(UTC)
The first 2 scores are glitches (somehow they have 2 laps scored instead of 1), 48k is the legit record
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:10:53 PM(UTC)
The first 2 scores are glitches (somehow they have 2 laps scored instead of 1), 48k is the legit record

I remember reading about this in the Support Section for FM7 awhile back. Someone was asking them to fix this glitch, but most responding posters in the thread seemed to be giving the original poster a hard time in the thread and seemed to think it didn't exist. I haven't watched the top 2 score replays yet, but I assume it's the same glitch referred to here https://forums.forzamoto...DS-CHEATERS-GLITCH.aspx
#14 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 4:46:54 PM(UTC)
He is right. I went and re-read what he posted.
There is no advantage cause all that's being done is trying to beat the FD driver scores.

Point still stands though.
If you use slicks or drag tires you're a scrub.
#15 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 5:45:35 PM(UTC)
So is my 14k drift score safe?
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:39:37 AM(UTC)
He is right. I went and re-read what he posted.
There is no advantage cause all that's being done is trying to beat the FD driver scores.

Point still stands though.
If you use slicks or drag tires you're a scrub.

But even if the goal wasn't to beat the FD guys, their is still no benefit to using those tyres over sports. You don't magically get more points or become a better drifter by changing tyre compound, so I see no issues if people want to use them.
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:18:53 AM(UTC)
I may have missed information about when this Bounty Hunter will end? If it's not difficult, could you tell me? Just wondering how much time is left to improve my score. So far I can't score more than 40,200 points, and that's sad.

Edited by user Saturday, October 13, 2018 2:19:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 8:25:30 PM(UTC)
I'm stuck at 41,286, and it's **** ing me off that I cannot beat that. I've tried with three different cars and 5 different setups. I know there are a few turns I could squeeze a little more points out of, but I am absolutely milking it the whole way through. Now I'd like to think I've set my cars up to handle the track, but I'm no wizard with tuning. It took a lot of time and effort to put the cars where they stand today.

My question is: What do some of these FD cars, in the FD Car Pack that was just released, look like (setup)? Alignment? Spring rates? Gear ratios? Brake bias? Et cetera! I wanna know everything!

If anyone wouldn't mind posting up some information about them, more specifically, #777 240sx, #98 325i: I would be more than grateful! Thank you in advance.

Here! I'll even make a template just to make it easier...

---------------------------------------1997 FD #777 Nissan 240SX:---------------------------------------
Power: 1250 HP
Torque: 989 LB-FT
Weight: 3100 LBS

_Tires Pressure_
- Front:
- Rear:

_Gearing_
- Final Drive:
- 1st:
- 2nd:
- 3rd:
- 4th:
- 5th:
- 6th:

_Alignment_
Camber
- Front:
- Rear:

Toe
- Front:
- Rear:

Front Caster
- Angle:

Steering
- Steering angle:

_Anti-roll bars_
- Front:
- Rear:

_Springs_
Springs
- Front:
- Rear:

Ride Height
- Front:
- Rear:

_Damping_
Rebound Stiffness
- Front:
- Rear:

Bump Stiffness
- Front:
- Rear:

_Aero_
Downforce
- Front:
- Rear:

_Brake_
Braking Force
- Balance:

Braking Force
- Pressure:

_Differential_
Rear
- Acceleration:
- Deceleration:

---------------------------------------1989 FD #98 BMW 325i:---------------------------------------
Power: 750 HP
Torque: 750 LB-FT
Weight: 2800 LBS

_Tires Pressure_
- Front:
- Rear:

_Gearing_
- Final Drive:
- 1st:
- 2nd:
- 3rd:
- 4th:
- 5th:
- 6th:

_Alignment_
Camber
- Front:
- Rear:

Toe
- Front:
- Rear:

Front Caster
- Angle:

Steering
- Steering angle:

_Anti-roll bars_
- Front:
- Rear:

_Springs_
Springs
- Front:
- Rear:

Ride Height
- Front:
- Rear:

_Damping_
Rebound Stiffness
- Front:
- Rear:

Bump Stiffness
- Front:
- Rear:

_Aero_
Downforce
- Front:
- Rear:

_Brake_
Braking Force
- Balance:

Braking Force
- Pressure:

_Differential_
Rear
- Acceleration:
- Deceleration:

Edited by user Sunday, October 14, 2018 8:31:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 3:48:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Febreze Mee Go to Quoted Post
I'm stuck at 41,286, and it's **** ing me off that I cannot beat that. I've tried with three different cars and 5 different setups. I know there are a few turns I could squeeze a little more points out of, but I am absolutely milking it the whole way through. Now I'd like to think I've set my cars up to handle the track, but I'm no wizard with tuning. It took a lot of time and effort to put the cars where they stand today.

Im the same 41,538, Stock tune also, Been years since i have played Forza, Coming from Assetto and Iracing it's taking a bit to get use to/finding the "line" that is set to get top points, so i know i can squeeze a lil bit more out.

My attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zgE9zoZ6g&t=

If anyone has a setup they could recommend to try/download that would be appreciated :)
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 6:17:02 PM(UTC)
Question about some of the prizes. Are these the correct years? If so, some of those don't seem to be in the game yet.
#21 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 3:23:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kiwispec Go to Quoted Post

Im the same 41,538, Stock tune also, Been years since i have played Forza, Coming from Assetto and Iracing it's taking a bit to get use to/finding the "line" that is set to get top points, so i know i can squeeze a lil bit more out.

My attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zgE9zoZ6g&t=

If anyone has a setup they could recommend to try/download that would be appreciated :)

The line is usually very close to the suggested driving line most of the time, to squeeze every last point you can you need to be on top of it at all times, even when manji-ing the straight sections to get extra points, plus the less manjis you do the more points you will get (for instance the record holder 48k does not manji at all into the first turn he manages to make is in a single ark from the start line). As for angle, with the new steering angle it is very easy to hold too much angle, normally you want to try hold the car at about 45° to get the most points. Then you have speed, you want to avoid unnecessary deceleration during the drift and maintain momentum, speed is also somewhat based on the driving line but only to a certain speed threshold.

Here is my lap for reference, I managed 46,407 points
Formula Drift rival
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:26:37 PM(UTC)
I'm very confused that even having a better drift then the person I am rivaled up against that it still say's that I need to beat him my current target score is 6400 roughly well I beat that easily but it still does not move to the next rival. It is like it is broken or something or perhaps locked event at the time of post...IDK @#$%#$#@?
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:35:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CheekiestCougar Go to Quoted Post
I'm very confused that even having a better drift then the person I am rivaled up against that it still say's that I need to beat him my current target score is 6400 roughly well I beat that easily but it still does not move to the next rival. It is like it is broken or something or perhaps locked event at the time of post...IDK @#$%#$#@?

Is it possible that you're using a setting that isn't allowed? I can't remember if they automatically adjust it for the handicap or if us drivers have to manually do so.
#24 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:40:05 PM(UTC)
LOL, I CAN'T touch even the worse FD driver scores.
I hope they have these FD drivers drink a few six packs before setting scores otherwise i will NEVER get anything...........................
#25 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:42:23 PM(UTC)
So when is this over? i want the next BH to start & i hope it's NOT FD.......................
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error