3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:45:51 AM(UTC)
Age has not much to do with this all.
I am 40+ myself, member of the The Pit Crew (The Crew 2 related feedback group).

I can tell you, at least this game (FH4) has lots of content and many stuff to do, involving cars, classes, ............ so this shouldn't hold you back from getting / playing it.

Of course, It makes not much sense to me either to bring freaking dance moves, clothes,........ **** into a racing/driving game, but it's just an annoying feature on the wheelspins, which doesn't bother you while driving or racing.

The biggest problem I have with the whole Forza concept = effort. There is absolutely no effort needed to play this game, which I kinda hate. Everything is thrown at you : cars, money, ........

I have played all weekend (12-13h in total and I haven't been racing that much yet). So far I have bought a few houses (including the 2,000,000 one to get Fast Travel anywhere) and I bought 1 car for 20k (VW Corrado, needed to do the weekly challenge in Forzathon)

Never the less, with only 1 car bought, I still got 145 !!!! cars in my garage and about 4-5 million CR. Every time you level up, you get a wheelspin, every time you finish a level in whatever series or job missions, you get a super wheelspin,........... It's just too easy to get all the stuff.

Be aware though, the price for tuning/upgrading your cars went up drastically compared to FH3. Upgrading a car to max (all raceparts,......) can easily cost you 300,000-500,000. Also downloading someone else tune will cost you that much. (My advice, tune cars yourself, at least you won't waste 300-500k on a tune you downloaded which might not work for you that way)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:46:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 8:02:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaRdZ Go to Quoted Post
I'm also over 50 and lately I just haven't been playing games much. Started playing the demo and it looks amazing on my ultrawide monitor and plays super smooth and fast. Decided to purchase the game because I had a long weekend and so I had to get the ultimate edition to make efficient use of that long weekend.
Kind of expensive but I can play it on the PC and my Xbox. It does have some annoying teenage Avatar stuff that I could do without but I'm not disappointed with the purchase. The cars and the graphic scenery are incredible and fast and smooth game play make it worth the purchase alone.

The graphics of fh4 are among the best I have seen in a game it looks incredible. The race editor looks very interesting, I hope it works like we all think it will work.

#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 8:17:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaceMasterDave Go to Quoted Post
Age has not much to do with this all.
I am 40+ myself, member of the The Pit Crew (The Crew 2 related feedback group).

I can tell you, at least this game (FH4) has lots of content and many stuff to do, involving cars, classes, ............ so this shouldn't hold you back from getting / playing it.

Of course, It makes not much sense to me either to bring freaking dance moves, clothes,........ **** into a racing/driving game, but it's just an annoying feature on the wheelspins, which doesn't bother you while driving or racing.

The biggest problem I have with the whole Forza concept = effort. There is absolutely no effort needed to play this game, which I kinda hate. Everything is thrown at you : cars, money, ........

I have played all weekend (12-13h in total and I haven't been racing that much yet). So far I have bought a few houses (including the 2,000,000 one to get Fast Travel anywhere) and I bought 1 car for 20k (VW Corrado, needed to do the weekly challenge in Forzathon)

Never the less, with only 1 car bought, I still got 145 !!!! cars in my garage and about 4-5 million CR. Every time you level up, you get a wheelspin, every time you finish a level in whatever series or job missions, you get a super wheelspin,........... It's just too easy to get all the stuff.

Be aware though, the price for tuning/upgrading your cars went up drastically compared to FH3. Upgrading a car to max (all raceparts,......) can easily cost you 300,000-500,000. Also downloading someone else tune will cost you that much. (My advice, tune cars yourself, at least you won't waste 300-500k on a tune you downloaded which might not work for you that way)

When I played the FH4 demo I found it easier than FH3, I had to up the ai to "bullet proof" to get a decent challenge. If cars, money and endless prizes are so abundent, it will devalue anything you win, it will get boring fast.

The Crew 1 I enjoyed a lot I played it to death man, the crew 2 looks so disappointing though with less content than the first game had. I was ready to buy that game. Why did they not fix the crappy headlights ?

#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:22:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
I'm 40 and remember my first racing game Pole Position on Atari 2600 lol. As for FH4 I love everything about it except Team Adventure. Map is great, AI as said is good to race with I'd say up to Expert. Pro and Unbeatable cheat like in FM7 with more HP than they should have. The costumes are gimmicky but yeah can totally be ignored. The properties are neat and I like the perks and bonuses they give. Also I love Aston Martins so when they said Best of Bond for Preorder I didn't hesitate to get ultimate edition.

Pole Position I remember it well :-) and they moan about todays graphics lol
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:25:19 AM(UTC)
As this has now turned into a nostalgic comparison about other games, I'm now moving this to Off-Topic.

✔ Verified Moderator

1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:27:38 AM(UTC)
If you like me and many others enjoyed horizon 3 and loved the online , then give this one a miss because they have destroyed online it’s a 4 week game now not a 2 year game like horizon 3 was it’s such a shame because the game looks stunning but once everything is done then it’s game over because online sucks 😢
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:26:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
As this has now turned into a nostalgic comparison about other games, I'm now moving this to Off-Topic.

Will any older players who might buy the game still see this in "Off Topic" ?

Sorry I do not agree with your descision to move this thread here, this thread is very relevant to Horizon 4 and to us geryatrics who might buy it in my opinion.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:30:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:51:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zat The Alien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post

Will any older players who might buy the game still see this in "Off Topic" ?

Sorry I do not agree with your descision to move this thread here, this thread is very relevant to Horizon 4 and to us geryatrics who might buy it in my opinion.

It is lonely down here, no visitors for hours to my thread, lonliness is part of gettin old for too many people.

Well thank you to everyone who took part in this thread it was fun.Well it was fun until we got moved here that is.

I am finished with this forum....If you wanna find me I play FH3 most days try racing me in my Ramones GMC bus to the haunted house, I play trackmania2 stadium too.My uploaded Ramones tracks at track exchange are world famous, check them out..[When I say world famous I am of course overplaying my track building success] The videos of my tracks on utube have had like 5 hits each and I was 4 of the hits checking to see if anyone had viewed.But I did get an email from the Ramones drummer Richie Ramone a month or two back, he liked my video, especially Danger Zone and The Ramones Museum Lap Race . I had a smile on my face for days after that.... I built an entire Ramones city race circuit out of blocks and fotos in the map editor. I Miss that band so much,I saw them 4 times live too. RIP Ramones.

Horizon 4 ? Too expensive. I am waiting.There is not even a decent avatar in the game that represents my age group.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 5:02:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:44:11 PM(UTC)
haha a nice read this thread is. =)
You older guys are funny.

But if you people find the crashes so annoying, why don't you play on the Xbox?
There are no crashes there.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:01:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tatl360 Go to Quoted Post
haha a nice read this thread is. =)
You older guys are funny.

When you look like I do you have to be funny.

But if you people find the crashes so annoying, why don't you play on the Xbox?
There are no crashes there.

I prefer a pc to a gamebox.

Glad you enjoyed the thread thank you for posting a message.We have been banished here for being too old and no fun anymore.I thought that no one would ever visit this thread again, I was just about to go offline and count my two remaining hairs to make sure that I am not totally bald yet. I am still bi-hairal at 55, two survivors. YAY.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:02:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:35:47 AM(UTC)
Me having a laugh with Forza Horizon 3 in my Ramones GMC , it is so much fun compared to the new game.

Forza Horizon 3 Apostels Beach Cross Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCj9eAmx2Q

Forza Horizon 3 Jungle Speedway Sprint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE2kfXYSxmw

Even adults can enjoy Horizon 3.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error