3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 1:42:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
I'm 40 and remember my first racing game Pole Position on Atari 2600 lol. As for FH4 I love everything about it except Team Adventure. Map is great, AI as said is good to race with I'd say up to Expert. Pro and Unbeatable cheat like in FM7 with more HP than they should have. The costumes are gimmicky but yeah can totally be ignored. The properties are neat and I like the perks and bonuses they give. Also I love Aston Martins so when they said Best of Bond for Preorder I didn't hesitate to get ultimate edition.

The Bond cars are brilliant,,,I like the 2cv tho, I loved For Your Eyes Only. There will never be another Bond better than Roger Moore.

When I played the demo I found the ai too easy in some races especially on the dirt tracks, I had it up to pro and still beat them.

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 2:09:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bounty44 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zat The Alien Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am over 50, no girlfriend, no job, no hair...I am trying to decide if Forza Horizon 4 is too "Kiddy" for adults to enjoy playing for years to come ? Is it worth us buying the game, especially for full price ? Horizon 3, I have played for almost 2 years, I love the game.[Apart from the all too often game crashes]

It looks like Forza 4 has been "Kiddied Up", especially with the bright colours and the stupid dancing of your charachter every time you wait to do a race, and all the pointless clothes etc. What is all that doing in a racing game ? After playing Forza 4 for half a year will those dancing characters be so anoying for adults that it ruins the game to the point of us not wanting to play anymore ?

Has the "shelf life" of Horizon reduced for adults with Horizon 4 over the previous games ?

PS And why did I post this in technical ? Oops Sorry.

+1 for the honesty about your life lol.

I've played all the horizon games since the beginning, am also a 32 year old adult and can honestly say this game is arguably the most fun of the forza series so far. Yes, they have added some unnecessary things such as avatar dance emotes, etc., but to be honest it doesn't negatively effect the experience. It's still the same fun, open world racing experience but with a ton of added content as far as online competition goes. Additionally, I was unsure about the seasonal changes and what they would mean for the online experience, but now that I've had a few days to use the game, I can highly recommend it as an exciting feature. There are new seasonal championships available which change with the online season period of one week which so far I've had fun participating in. The car lineup is great, the world so far seems fantastic, dynamic weather, amazing looking lighting (especially in the evening), increased number of races/championships and online game modes.

I would recommend buying now as you would probably have the most fun during the first year of this game when online user participation is at its highest. You won't be bothered by some of the "kiddy" features as the only time you see them (dancing emotes) is after a race, which in the previous games was also just filled with a cutscene of players standing around. The only thing I've noticed the new social features effecting is wheel spins, as clothing items and emotes are now a part of wheel spin options. That being said, it also seems like they have increased the number of wheel spins you get in this game, so to be honest, I really doubt the additional items will result in less money or vehicles being won. All that being said, go for it and get the game man. You won't be disappointed. As soon as they get the online networking issues resolved on windows 10 (and some of the performance issues on console or slower GFX cards), I really think this game is going to be argued as the best in the series, and maybe even game of the year.

Thank you very much for that. I was a bit worried that the more kid stuff in the game would notice too much, that is kind of why I started this thread...I hope that Forza Horizon 4 is gonna be a big hit with people. I must admit I probably will buy it,. I already had a lot of fun playing Horizon 3, absolutely love it.

1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 2:39:38 PM(UTC)
In my fifties, I am having a great time playing the game.
It's obviously marketed to young whippersnappers, all the avatars are youthful. The intrusivness of the Horizon management lessens after the prologue. I have enjoyed all the radio stations, even though I don't know who any of the artists are. For me coming to Forza new, from racing sim games, I feel I have just discovered the "game" aspect of racing games. This isn't hard work, it's fun.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:55:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScouseSeattle Go to Quoted Post
In my fifties, I am having a great time playing the game.
It's obviously marketed to young whippersnappers, all the avatars are youthful. The intrusivness of the Horizon management lessens after the prologue. I have enjoyed all the radio stations, even though I don't know who any of the artists are. For me coming to Forza new, from racing sim games, I feel I have just discovered the "game" aspect of racing games. This isn't hard work, it's fun.

We can still have fun at 50+ with Forza.So cool.

1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:05:39 PM(UTC)
To be fair this game really could use more avatars, my best friend is half-black he's a bit unhappy none of them look even remotely close, not to mention there seems to be a lot of older people on the forums that would like age appropriate characters as well.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 4:07:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:12:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
To be fair this game really could use more avatars, my best friend is half-black he's a bit unhappy none of them look even remotely close, not to mention there seems to be a lot of older people on the forums that would like age appropriate characters as well.

I look like a roll on deoderant from a distance due to the lack of hair, an avatar that looks like me would ruin the game. Some older avatars would be cool though.

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:44:26 PM(UTC)

I look like a roll on deoderant from a distance due to the lack of hair, an avatar that looks like me would ruin the game. Some older avatars would be cool though.

In all seriousness this isn't a bad idea. Especially after reading in this thread how many of us are around 40ish and still playing regularly. A little representation wouldn't hurt for those of us that don't look like millennials.

If you like H3 you'll definitely enjoy 4. Can't speak to how well it runs on PC but on the One X it's buttery smooth and really nice looking.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:50:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeadJericho Go to Quoted Post
im 47 and this game is glorious.

i see nothing 'kiddy' about it, nor would i care if it was tbh.

Exactly, I am 4 months from 49 and I am having a blast with the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 5:04:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post

In all seriousness this isn't a bad idea. Especially after reading in this thread how many of us are around 40ish and still playing regularly. A little representation wouldn't hurt for those of us that don't look like millennials.

If you like H3 you'll definitely enjoy 4. Can't speak to how well it runs on PC but on the One X it's buttery smooth and really nice looking.

I am surprised that so many "older" gamers are here and how many hits this thread got....It is very nice to meet you all.

Older players should be represented better in the avatar section of this game. Come on playground games, does no one who is a bit past their sell by date like me work for you ?
Are you all millennials ?
#35 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 5:13:51 PM(UTC)
I want a sign for the lawn in my in game house that reads "Keep off the grass" :)
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:51:05 PM(UTC)
FH3 made me fall in love all over again with (video) gaming for the first time in more than 20 years. I preordered FH4 ASAP, and was so happy because I could get access exactly one week after my 50th birthday. Told my wife she was becoming a gaming widow at midnight, and she just rolled her eyes & said, "I've got [something no game has]."

Oh, yeah, and I'm really loving the game -- except for the lack of Rivals. But the map is grand, and the seasons are all fun, and there're lots of opportunities for cool photos of cool cars in cool places.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 7:41:26 PM(UTC)

I am surprised that so many "older" gamers are here and how many hits this thread got....It is very nice to meet you all.

Older players should be represented better in the avatar section of this game. Come on playground games, does no one who is a bit past their sell by date like me work for you ?

There are quite a few old gamers out there that love racing. I ran with a group in FM7 and as I said I'm 40 and I was the young guy lol.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:36:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BigBlueGuitar Go to Quoted Post
FH3 made me fall in love all over again with (video) gaming for the first time in more than 20 years. I preordered FH4 ASAP, and was so happy because I could get access exactly one week after my 50th birthday. Told my wife she was becoming a gaming widow at midnight, and she just rolled her eyes & said, "I've got [something no game has]."

Oh, yeah, and I'm really loving the game -- except for the lack of Rivals. But the map is grand, and the seasons are all fun, and there're lots of opportunities for cool photos of cool cars in cool places.

FH3 is one of the best games I ever played, Australia is a lot of fun....I never liked the UK as a setting for Horizon 4, I find it a boring country.

Rivals or the lack of it in the new game has upset a lot of fans, why is it missing anyway ?

Beleted happy 50th by the way.

#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:38:12 AM(UTC)

There are quite a few old gamers out there that love racing. I ran with a group in FM7 and as I said I'm 40 and I was the young guy lol.

The best gamers are old gamers lol. I really enjoy racing in Forza even though I am not very good at it.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:38:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:44:04 AM(UTC)
you should check out http://www.evercoolracing.com for some FM7 racing bunch of great guys and gals to race with. Tell them Grim sent ya. They do a bunch of different events. and ERT 5thWheel does Bone Stock Racing on sundays which are fun.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:55:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScouseSeattle Go to Quoted Post
I want a sign for the lawn in my in game house that reads "Keep off the grass" :)

I am sure that when the devs read this thread and your post, the next update will for sure include a "Keep Off The Grass" sign,,,,They forgot to add the most important things to this game it seems in the rush to get it out...The devs forgot, authentic engine sounds, rivals and a decent keep off the grass sign...Did they forget to add a haunted house to the map too ? FH3 has one.

They also forgot to represent older gamers in fh4 it looks like. No avatar that looks even remotley like me in the game...I dance like an octopus so my avatar has to dance like one too.... Well the devs got one thing right then, they left me out.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:55:27 AM(UTC)
The main problem I see for FH4 is the time you need to spend to get the special Car for each Forzathon. In FH3 you could get the special car by sinking in 2-3 hours.

Right now, the car costs 300 FP (Forzathon Points?) and you have 1 new daily action that grants 10 FP, and you have a Forthazon live mini-event every hour that grants 30. Plus the weekly car objective which can take anywhere from 1 hour to 3-4 hours (depending on whether you have that car type in question, and how expensive it is), and that grants 100 FP as well. So you're actually looking at a significantly increased time sink to get the special car, I would say at around 5-6 hours minimum.

If you have a family, job, responsibilities, a dog to walk, etc., you might not be able to afford that kind of time. That's where I see a potential problem.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:03:31 AM(UTC)
you should check out http://www.evercoolracing.com for some FM7 racing bunch of great guys and gals to race with. Tell them Grim sent ya. They do a bunch of different events. and ERT 5thWheel does Bone Stock Racing on sundays which are fun.

Is FM7 really about serious racing though ? I love the Horizons because I prefer fun to the more serious stuff myself.

Thank you for joining in with the thread though.

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:16:20 AM(UTC)

Is FM7 really about serious racing though ? I love the Horizons because I prefer fun to the more serious stuff myself.

Thank you for joining in with the thread though.

The racing is serious but they are a laid back mellow crowd. Now Bone Stock Racing part of it is way more casual and can be down right goofy at times. With No "I'm Sorry" races where everyone is in a stock car and mad dash to the finish all demo derby style with no apologies. We had one where we just took a specially tuned Ford Bronco to the grassy part of VIR and had a "bucking bronco" race in them. Whoever tuned them made those things bounce like mad and drive on two wheels with a rocket engine in them. One of the funniest races I've done. they got vids of some of the stuff we have done lol
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:25:45 AM(UTC)

FH3 is one of the best games I ever played, Australia is a lot of fun....I never liked the UK as a setting for Horizon 4, I find it a boring country.

Rivals or the lack of it in the new game has upset a lot of fans, why is it missing anyway ?

Thanks!

I expected to be bored by the UK setting, because it seems to me to be more homogenous than Australia. But now that I've played the game, I have come to really like the map. While Australia had a lot of wide open spaces -- gods, I love blasting across the Outback -- the UK doesn't. However, all the hills & mountains, as well as the incredible density of really interesting & twisty roads make the setting much more engaging than I expected.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:31:26 AM(UTC)

Thanks!

I expected to be bored by the UK setting, because it seems to me to be more homogenous than Australia. But now that I've played the game, I have come to really like the map. While Australia had a lot of wide open spaces -- gods, I love blasting across the Outback -- the UK doesn't. However, all the hills & mountains, as well as the incredible density of really interesting & twisty roads make the setting much more engaging than I expected.

Area around the wind farm and the beach are great wide open spaces to just let loose in. Even noticed tho not marked on the map there is a drag strip on the beach.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:34:17 AM(UTC)
I'm also over 50 and lately I just haven't been playing games much. Started playing the demo and it looks amazing on my ultrawide monitor and plays super smooth and fast. Decided to purchase the game because I had a long weekend and so I had to get the ultimate edition to make efficient use of that long weekend.
Kind of expensive but I can play it on the PC and my Xbox. It does have some annoying teenage Avatar stuff that I could do without but I'm not disappointed with the purchase. The cars and the graphic scenery are incredible and fast and smooth game play make it worth the purchase alone.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:43:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetleonidas Go to Quoted Post
The main problem I see for FH4 is the time you need to spend to get the special Car for each Forzathon. In FH3 you could get the special car by sinking in 2-3 hours.

Right now, the car costs 300 FP (Forzathon Points?) and you have 1 new daily action that grants 10 FP, and you have a Forthazon live mini-event every hour that grants 30. Plus the weekly car objective which can take anywhere from 1 hour to 3-4 hours (depending on whether you have that car type in question, and how expensive it is), and that grants 100 FP as well. So you're actually looking at a significantly increased time sink to get the special car, I would say at around 5-6 hours minimum.

If you have a family, job, responsibilities, a dog to walk, etc., you might not be able to afford that kind of time. That's where I see a potential problem.

I can understand that people have commitments like families, 5 to 6 hours to reach a goal in a game is just not possible for these people.I live alone so I do not have that problem.

This new game is not grabbing me by the throat and shouting, "Buy Me Now " like fh3 did. I always had hope that they would add a Paul Hogan easter egg one day to fh3 that we have to search for,,,have him fighting a giant crockodile somewhere in the outback.lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:43:31 AM(UTC)
Im 47 and have been playing the Forza games since Forza Motorsport 2 and have played all the Horizon Games and i have to say this is by far the best one, sure the avatar stuff and clothing is completely pointless especially as you don't actually ever see your character get out of the car (which would have been awesome by the way T10, take a note from TDU2) we could have bought our houses and then furnished them etc, that would have been far better to have bespoke furniture for your castles on wheelspins instead of silly dance emotes. However, the graphics, the Optimization on PC is great and im loving just cruising around trying out the sheer number of cars they have added!

Ive been streaming the game on early access and plan to continue to do so this week for the foreseeable future because there just tons of great stuff to do!! Im playing on a Full SIM Rig with a full Fanatec setup and i have to tell you its great fun. I have no plans to hang up the racing gloves just yet!

If your like me and these things annoy you, just pick your avatar, throw some clothes on and forget about them. then turn the annoying radio stations off as its all garbage anyway! Thankfully enabling Streamer Mode ingame kindly does this all for you ;)

Give it a blast, you wont regret it my friend ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:47:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:45:11 AM(UTC)
Age only matters when its whiskey!

Don't let the dancing avatars put you off. You tend to only see your avatar before and after the race while the game loads. If you don't change it to be dancing, you wont see it dancing. As for the clothes, again unless you go and change your avatar to be wearing something really outlandish, he will just have the starting basic clothes on and that wont annoy you.

Having played every day since the early release, I can say I have enjoyed the game a great deal, and have not had any crashes yet either. One friend I play with crashed the one time to Xbox dashboard but that's it.

As for people saying online is broken etc, its not. They changed things to try and push it forwards, but it hasn't had a great reception. However it still works, and I'm sure they will update it to the older ways which people seem to prefer soon enough. In the meantime, there's still loads to do in the game.

If you get it, I'm sure you will enjoy it!
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error