This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 9:52:47 PM(UTC)
Since playing the game I have not heard a single player talking and when I talk the microphone doesn't light up. I'm playing on PC, am I supposed to be able to voice chat with Xbox players in game or no? At this point I have not had any communication with other players in game. I made sure microphone access is allowed for FH4 in Windows settings and in game settings. *Edit: I also just noticed that if I try to mute a player nothing happens. The menu just stays the same as if I didn't even select the option. It seems like voice chat isn't even available at all?

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 10:26:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:18:08 PM(UTC)
I have the same issue. I have selected the Mic as default. In privacy settings I let FH4 to use Mic. I have set my headphones as standard communication device but when I'm in an online session I can't speak/listen other players. Any clues?

Thx in advance.

Edited by user Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:19:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:50:20 PM(UTC)
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe to use voice chat and hear other players in free roam, you need to be friends with said player or grouped up, such as in a convoy.

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 11:51:42 PM(UTC)
I can't speak/hear players in Team Adventures neither :(
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:32:22 AM(UTC)
Sometimes I see in the player list waves near the Mic symbol like the player was speaking, but I can't hear anything.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:37:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: beachboyken Go to Quoted Post
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe to use voice chat and hear other players in free roam, you need to be friends with said player or grouped up, such as in a convoy.

Trying to chat with a friend while in a convoy and it's not working. My mic doesn't even light up.
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:48:10 PM(UTC)
Yeah I'm having the same issue I feel like game chat is just extremely broken really hoping this will be fixed.
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:12:10 AM(UTC)

Hello!
I'm in the same situation.
Is it a bug for all PC and Xbox in FH4?
Someone who knows how to solve this problem?
Thank you!
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:35:11 AM(UTC)
Submitted a ticket, if I hear anything back I’ll post it here.
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:58:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cutchall Go to Quoted Post
Submitted a ticket, if I hear anything back I’ll post it here.

Cutchall did you receive an answer? please tell us if you could find a solution.

It's really annoying play with no communication :(
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:39:20 PM(UTC)
I also have a ticket currently going for three days I've had one reply "Thank you for the information. I'll look into this issue and get back to you with the relevant information soon."
If I hear back anything I'll make sure to update here
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:23:27 AM(UTC)
I do not think anybody has got Voice chat working as yet, I know I have not, even with my brother in convoy nothing.

I have a early access game developed by 7 people and voice chat works perfectly on that with any fiddling what so ever and has done since day 1 when lots of stuff was still missing.
If they can do it how come a big AAA firm cannot mange to make it work or even acknowledge the issue.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:59:52 AM(UTC)
I still dont hear anybody from voice chat, the developers know about this bug?!
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:00:06 PM(UTC)
Hello!
I also opened a ticket ... I still wait for answers ...
Any news or solution I communicate.
Regards,
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:10:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Medic Medulla Go to Quoted Post
I also have a ticket currently going for three days I've had one reply "Thank you for the information. I'll look into this issue and get back to you with the relevant information soon."
If I hear back anything I'll make sure to update here

Same with my ticket. Can’t believe this still isn’t working.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:09:04 PM(UTC)
With the new update the problem persist. 😥
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:12:40 AM(UTC)
Playing on xbox one x and i never hear anyone talking like in FH3, is the game chat broken?
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:10:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brugal1427 Go to Quoted Post
Playing on xbox one x and i never hear anyone talking like in FH3, is the game chat broken?

yes, is not working. I submitted a ticket today, If I have news I'll post it.
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 5:24:55 AM(UTC)
Bumping this because its absolutely ridiculous there has been no acknowledgement from the devs or real reply to a ticket. Please fix its ruining the whole social aspect of what is clearly meant to be a social game.
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:07:13 AM(UTC)
Still no reply for the ticket I submitted on the 2nd.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:46:56 PM(UTC)
ive been playing since pre release. ive run my virtual mic on every possible setting along with 2 different usb mics and nothing. nothing in convoy, adventure, team, freeroam. if its anything like FH3 my ticket will be ignored and they wont patch it for another 2 years.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:50:23 PM(UTC)
I've been hearing nobody since the day it was launched too. I thought it was just that nobody was talking since I didn't have a mic. Didn't know this was an actual issue. Wow.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:12:06 PM(UTC)
Same broken here on Windows 10, thought it was a settings issue on my end so searched for correct settings before logging on to play tonight., looks like will still have to fall back to 3rd party chat app for our convoy and no communication with randoms.

Pretty sad to have voice chat so broken in a "hang out" style game, very disappointing to have no response / conformation of the issue in over 2 weeks..... AAA premium quality support :(

Guess off to submit a ticket, sigh.
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:51:48 AM(UTC)
I submitted a ticket a week ago and I still have not received an answer. Unbelievable.
 3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 12:45:35 AM(UTC)
No singing, whistling, burping, screaming, dogs barking and etc. iritating things in online session. In convoy it is a problem, that players cant hear them but in open chat this silence is a miracle for me. I can finally focus on game, people are doing strange things with mic on other forza games :/
If this will be repaired add quick button to disable voice chat in race please.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error