20 Pages<<181920Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#476 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:07:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToreDL87 Go to Quoted Post
As for attempting clean races with RWD just on the very edge of control like a true gentleman I've just about had it, having built a sort of blackbird porsche trying to get the BMW E92 M3 GTS challenge done, entering a corner in braking contest on the very edge of control, and if the silly tot up front isnt brake checking me or cutting into my line he has no chance to clear from that position, I heel & toe, feathering the brake pedal between caliper lockup and grip, flick it in and just keeping it between slide and grip to get the nose pointing out of the corner, and just when I floor it (when a Porsche is dangerous if unsettled) the AI proceeds to just RAM right into me spinning me into the wall.
And when I finally get it right, exiting corner in the EXACT perfect position to out-accelerate whoever is out front, on a nice wide long straight = They rubberband and then accelerates like bats right out of hell.

I then go back and tune the car, sacrificing grip for acceleration based on the abilities of the cars that the AI had the first go-around, nope they rubberband again+corner even better despite horrendous racing lines.

Edit 2 or 3 (cant remember at this point): And, perhaps unrelated, but it doesn't exactly help: Do we get to change & upgrade cars in the event or do we have to completely quit the event, spawn like pfffff 50 miles away, then drive back to the event area?
Oh, yep yep yep spawn 50 miles away, change car, go to festival to upgrade, and HOPE TO GOD IT'S UPGRADED RIGHT, then drive back and fail again anyway, sorry, my mistake how could I forget :)
And THEn there's the rally and trophy truck stuff, whatever car I grab the Ai does 10x better and has perfect traction through dooooodgy as heee*k corners and apparently has aircraft control surfaces through jumps, IRL you dont jump around like that even in the most grueling of rallies, you want the car to last.

Fixed any of that? Nope, but they got no issues adding lots of emoji's and social avatar doohickery.
Just when I thought I had the bunch of that spastic stuff unlocked so I can finally get to unlock all the thicc cars, maybe even Trueno if permissible (because apparently I dont get to auction snipe like everyone else in the world), NOPE another batch of emoji stuff just to make sure I don't have any fun with the game, my bad again.
Sorry for the rant but the game has been out ages and they've fixed none of the bugs that makes the game soooo annoying for any playtime length more than 1hr at a time.

I find the Physics in this game is awful to begin with, so don't beat yourself too hard about it...
I will let you know a secret....99.99999% of the people in this game all had their car swapped to 4WD anyways which is stupid....another reason why while you're racing online you see everyone launches their car so fast and EZ and going through corners as if nothing.
I for one sticks to the original drivetrain for most cars, unless I'm doing a special heavy mod for the car. But most the time it's still close to original, I don't swap the engine either.

Actually you don't have to drive miles back to your house to do the modification, you can just Fast Travel to it or anywhere on the map actually.
If you've unlock the feature of course, it's one of the Mansions you have to buy.
 1 user liked this post.
#477 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:18:24 PM(UTC)
For car tune, you go in pause menu, car , tune, there is a button for load tune, search for the expected category, download.
NB :
- If you are using your own tune, consider saving it before downloading a new one
- if you are already using tune of someone else, you will need to force removing current tune before downloading a new one

Up to me physics have been eased so much that we are more and more closing to mariokart.

Issue with RWD is that it is more effective during the race than at race start. Because of that, it's incompatible with racing against FH4 drivatars which will run away from you from the very start. That's why everyone is switching to AWD, race starts conditions keeping with rammers / drivatars vs being ahead of those.

if you wish to race RWD, custom championship no collision, no freeroam A or S1. At playing hours ( evening ) there are often people to there, and you can have a good game. no collision kills a bit the experience but still much better than trying to have fun with RWD on a regular offline or online race

Using stock engine, or totally stock car is a good challenge but you have to find mates willing to do the same, this game is unable to make such matchmaking, not even able to matchmaking players with the same difficulty level settings so ...

FH4 team sees FH as a NFS Fortnite thing, don't expect them to improve anything on racing feature, they are not interested. Car enthusiastic left the game crew months ago ... be careful about FH5, we are many to foresee as worse.

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:49:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#478 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:23:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WaR Pr13sT Go to Quoted Post
I find the Physics in this game is awful to begin with, so don't beat yourself too hard about it...

If you don't care about racing those cheating Drivatards, just to enjoy the drive... not that bad.

Originally Posted by: WaR Pr13sT Go to Quoted Post
I will let you know a secret....99.99999% of the people in this game all had their car swapped to 4WD anyways which is stupid....another reason why while you're racing online you see everyone launches their car so fast and EZ and going through corners as if nothing.

Recommended reading: Awd too op

Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
FH4 team sees FH as a NFS Fortnite thing, don't expect them to improve anything on racing feature, they are not interested. Car enthusiastic left the game crew months ago ... be careful about FH5, we are many to foresee as worse.

I'd like to see some comments on this subject. Feedback is appreciated.
#479 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 9:19:01 AM(UTC)
It’s no secret, RWD is faster in perfect conditions, but the short races are an incentive for AWD.
 1 user liked this post.
#480 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 9:37:50 AM(UTC)
the days of rwd dominance multiplayer races were left with fh2.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#481 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 8:37:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
It’s no secret, RWD is faster in perfect conditions, but the short races are an incentive for AWD.

It's completely unfair, RWD launches way slower most the time, I tend to drop least 2 - 3 position because of this even I tuned the car well without wheelspin, I still have to control the throttle and can't just full out like 4WD. ( I'm using controller so there's a limit how much I can control )

Secondly, through corners I really really must be discipline with my throttle when exiting or even hard breaking entering corners.
For 4WD....not a care in the world....

But 4WD least in my experience and actually it does too in real life actually. Unless you have a really good " traction control " let's put it that way.
It understeers like a boss ! I wish we have the GT-R's ATTESA system in the game lol.
#482 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 7:22:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
the days of rwd dominance multiplayer races were left with fh2.

All thanks to cross country races
#483 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 8:13:21 AM(UTC)
so just a question here but when is the cheating Ai gona be fixed? they are sill rubber banding like all H*** and just launch away with no chanse of catching up even when not on unbeateble.
 1 user liked this post.
#484 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:24:29 AM(UTC)
what is your definition of unbeatable?

you need more practice and a better build.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#485 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:55:20 AM(UTC)
Sometimes though they use Romulan cloaking device and black hole engine.
We had one of those on Friday while doing Volvo seasonal championship, me and my friend were doing highly skilled races.
On last race, I have obviously been passed by one, who won the race, while rest of us were maybe at half point.
I was in the lead, never saw that Volvo pass me, I was just suddenly second and it won the race.

Not sure if that's on fixing agenda.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#486 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:26:17 AM(UTC)
The programmers could consider a learning technique for FH5 where the Ai learn from the game testers how to behave. Then it might be possible with the extra speed of the Xbox series X to have the learning turned on during gameplay. But even if it isn't fast enough to do it during gameplay it will be an improvement just from the play testing.
 1 user liked this post.
#487 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 12:21:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

On last race, I have obviously been passed by one, who won the race, while rest of us were maybe at half point.
I was in the lead, never saw that Volvo pass me, I was just suddenly second and it won the race.

Oh, sorry Barto, that was me. I'm just that much better than you. Hee hee. Though I will say, my 242 Evo tune is pretty decent. Still polishing though.

I have only had the Romulan cloak thing happen once, and it went both ways. I was 2nd then 5th, then back to 1st all without passing anyone...though an AI did blink out in front of me as if it missed a gate, but it was a long straight and def way past the prior gate. Rubberbanding is frequent though, as I'll be 12 seconds ahead of everyone else but yet have one guy still in my rear view. It's whatever. Fix it, don't fix it, it doesn't really affect my game much.
#488 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 3:17:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr speed92 Go to Quoted Post
so just a question here but when is the cheating Ai gona be fixed? they are sill rubber banding like all H*** and just launch away with no chanse of catching up even when not on unbeateble.

It's design and not broken. What better AI do you want? What game does have it?

#489 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 3:25:50 AM(UTC)
Ahhh, so that was you then IngoingCake8592, that explains everything.
There is no other way then, I must git gud, thank you for putting me back on the ground. :) :)
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#490 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 3:41:45 AM(UTC)
It was a long time ago so my memories are blurred out. But I remember in a Trial, last race started and 1 of the AI was already past the finish line.
#491 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 4:38:45 AM(UTC)

I`ve noticed an interesting thing while tuning. Take a well-tuned RWD-car and swap it to AWD. Then set the F/R-differencial to 100% RWD and notice that the car now handles a lot better than as a RWD.
Gt: fairlane305
#492 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 11:30:04 AM(UTC)
Well you have to figure the added weight allows for better traction as well as the front differential giving a balance point to be more forward. It encourages the weight transfer to be more linear and causes um something something magic gnomes and otherwise...so um, speed! lol
#493 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 5:38:17 PM(UTC)
Meh.. the AI rubberbands like in all the best arcade race sims, but the overtakes are passive and very tentative unless they go for a clumsy ram at a hairpin or cut a corner. They slowdown soooo much in the bends where you can brake just with the engine and/or coast as well. Be smooth and use the right car and tune is the best fix in my opinion.

Edited by user Monday, September 21, 2020 5:40:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#494 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 9:27:38 AM(UTC)
I'm certainly not trying to sound like a know-it-all here, especially since I'm still pretty new, but...
If the npcs just launch away with no chance of catching up, your build is bad. You need to learn how to tune or at least find someone who does. Cause its supposed to be the other way round. You launch away without leaving the ai a chance to catch up even on unbeatable.
Seriously, if I start on unbeatable (last start position, always) and I'm not at least past half of the npcs when I reach the first corner I consider that a bad start. The build might need some readjustment. (Of course that won't work for tracks were the first corner is right behind the start line, e.g. Astmoor.)

Especially if you find it easy to overtake npcs in corners, cause they slow down so much. This simply means your car has a grip surplus. Much grip, less power. Easy to drive but slow.

As for the dominace of awd builds: I wouldn't really call awd massivly op (but certainly a bit). Its just that awd is pretty ideal for most of the racing scenarios we find in game. Mostly its the combination of very short tracks and very strong cars (which makes for exciting races). Awd gives a massive launch benefit cause it transmitts power over all wheels (obviously). At a certain speed this benefit fades out, depending on the power and the corner radius. Since most tracks are very short and have narrow curves, awd gives a lot of benefits there as well. Its allows you to accelerate much earlier and more aggresivly.
Below 600 you wont need awd, above 900 its a must have.
Interestingly, switching to awd in a low range car will sometimes even lower the PI.
Oh, and why do Formula 1 cars don't use awd? Well, beacuse its against the regulations. Awd is more expensive, so the manufacturers agreed to not start an arms-race there. If one of them would start with an awd car, everyone else would have to follow.
20 Pages<<181920Prev

Notification

Icon
Error