This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
12 Pages<<89101112PrevNext
#226 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:52:20 AM(UTC)
Can someone from the dev team PLEASE fix the AI handling? I've been trying all day to get that Mini convertible but the more I try, the more I want to throw my Xbox out the window! No matter what car I choose, what tune I use or what difficulty, I'm fighting to make my car go a single meter in a straight line while the exact same car driven by the AI can take off round corners like it's on rails!!!!

I'm done with the game cheating me, you can ram that Mini where the sun don't shine! I'm very close to using the game as a frisbee and forgetting all about it, I've NEVER been so frustrated with a GAME in my life! I've NEVER rage quit any game until today!

So, thank you and well done to whoever got the work experience to design the AI handling! Hope you don't get to be a games designer when you grow up!
 1 user liked this post.
#227 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:06:44 AM(UTC)
Honestly, it's really really easy. I did it twice - once in single player with the Eagle, and another time in co-op with the Fiat 124. I'm not sure if my tunes are shared, but the Eagle is really easy to drive, see if there are tunes for that shared by forum members Jadigafer7 or V12 SprungBoss, their tunes are normally pretty sound.
 1 user liked this post.
#228 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:12:57 AM(UTC)
BTW the problem will most likely be the tune you're using. The vast majority of shared tunes in the game are absolute garbage. You need to find people who reliably produce tunes that you like, and add them as friends so the game lists their tunes first. Even then there can be some personal taste, e.g. Nalak28 produces tunes that are undoubtedly fast, but are very demanding of driver skill. For last week's Koenigsegg Trial, a friend of mine was using Nalak28's tune of the Agera and really struggling, so I made my own tune of it that was more stable and easier to drive, and he was then able to beat all the drivatars. The tune makes a massive difference, but if you're just looking at tunes from random people, they'll mostly be terrible.
#229 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:22:01 AM(UTC)
If you own the '99 Lotus Elise I think I have shared the tune which I used yesterday to win the championship. If not, as breeminator said, Jadigafer7 and V12SprungBoss always create stable & fast tunes and provide them for lots of cars.
You should definitely make sure the tune you are using provides AWD (all-wheel-drive).
#230 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:36:15 AM(UTC)
The most Players are complaining about online (corner Bomber etc)
For me who mostly drive against driveatars they are more worse. They behave like you wouldnt exist pushing me alway of the track. Im
Slowly losing fun here. Bad Solo Bad online experience.
Although it could be so good gut to many Major flows
#231 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 8:35:18 AM(UTC)
Just like Breeminator and Rayne say tune can make huge difference. I made Fiat 124 for this set of event, i tested it against unbeatable drivatars and for example in first race i was get in lead before turn 3 and it's really easy to drive. If opener (or somebody else) want some spesific car feel free to send DM here or in xbox.
#232 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 10:40:36 AM(UTC)
100% Agree and can further endorse Jadigafer7 and V12 SB as LEGIT amazing tuners. Makes playlists go by so quickly when I know I can rely on a tune to get me an easy win. I used to just look for whatever 5 star tunes were out there and I also just used to follow every popular YouTuber, but then after just browsing through these forums and crashing in trash tunes, I quickly came to the realization, that the better tuners were probably ones that didn’t have a 100k youtube channel following and weren’t guys glitching the system to get the first tunes on a car to be the most popular. I have also learned that those stat bars that indicate tune handling, speed, acceleration, etc. don’t really mean diddly squat if the fine tuning is trash. Based on their creative hubs, they undoubtedly have legendary tuning status, so it’s not like they need to promote themselves as that is all the evidence I need to know I can trust their tunes. Jadigafer7s Infiniti Q60 definitely gave me a leg up on the trial taking corners was a breeze one try and done, first every race 👍. Keep up the great tunes guys!

Like breeminator, I also used the Eagle Speedster to get the Mini (and just happens I found Jadigafer7s, EZ Season Win) and it was a piece of cake.

As stated above just follow these guys in the creative hub and their tunes will always list first if they have one shared on a car.
#233 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 11:45:24 AM(UTC)
Happy to play on PC.... with this controller stuff i never would be happy... eeezy peezy with keyboard. no problems with any challenge. though learn to build cars.............
#234 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:58:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HMT83 Go to Quoted Post
I've been trying all day to get that Mini convertible

Use the 1960 Corvette. I have an A800 tune called "Easy Season Wins" that makes it VERY VERY easy. Gamertag "grolschie". Set the AI to "Highly Skilled" and beat the "Summer Specials" championship.

Also, I have a tune called "Easy Win Season!" for the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon for the Chevrolet vs Dodge championship. (The most recent of my 2 tunes is the faster one, so note the wording).

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:35:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#235 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:05:08 PM(UTC)
Found this easy, won by a mile.
 1 user liked this post.
#236 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:18:17 PM(UTC)
Another point I would add is that while as others have stated, a good lot of the shared tunes are rubbish, not all highly rated tunes are appropriate for all uses. It depends on your skills and driving styles. I have downloaded some tunes from highly regarded tuners that weren't much better for me than stock, while others were.... the icing on the cake.

Don't be afraid to try tunes from multiple tuning gurus. I am sure you will find someone out there who makes tunes that match your style of play
#237 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 6:10:10 PM(UTC)
Bottom line, the AI has unfair advantages in this game. I can only stay ahead of the AI on my custom route (due to carefully set up traps), otherwise, I don't even bother. It means I miss out on a lot of the completion rewards (and cars), but oh well, it beats me being stressed out.

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 6:15:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#238 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 8:46:49 PM(UTC)
The thinking of Forza's AI is simple.
AIs other than 1st driver will run slowly and wide on purpose and will obstruct you.
And because they basically run along the line along the assist line, they sometimes turn corners with speeds and grips that players can not do.
Therefore, it is important for the race with them to pass the slow AI group in the early stage and reduce the distance to the 1st driver.

If you just can't beat them, there is a last resort left for you.
Many courses have some sharp corners. Go ramming towards the 1st driver at such a corner.
*Naturally, this is an act that should never be done in an online race. Use only in single player.

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:51:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#239 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:04:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
The thinking of Forza's AI is simple.
AIs other than 1st driver will run slowly and wide on purpose and will obstruct you.
And because they basically run along the line along the assist line, they sometimes turn corners with speeds and grips that players can not do.
Therefore, it is important for the race with them to pass the slow AI group in the early stage and reduce the distance to the 1st driver.

If you just can't beat them, there is a last resort left for you.
Many courses have some steep corners. Go ramming towards the 1st driver at such a corner.
*Naturally, this is an act that should never be done in an online race. Use only in single player.

Good advice. Especially overtaking ASAP at the beginning. This is why launch and acceleration stats are important, but sometimes can be deceiving. If AI get away on you, it's sometimes hard to catch up.

Seriously, grab the 1960 Corvette and my "Easy Season Wins" tune and you'll leave them for dead. There are probably heaps of other combos though, but mine works. I tried it again today, and beat them without even really trying.

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 9:05:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#240 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:30:07 PM(UTC)
Even if i agree with OP complaint about AI, this championship was easy.

Tbh, the car you choose is really important.

tried with the 340R and it was a mistake. tried with the Elise sport 160 (the yellow one) and it was supppper easy.
User is suspended until 12/29/2046 3:18:28 AM(UTC)
#241 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:45:25 PM(UTC)
Can someone from the dev team PLEASE fix the AI handling? I've been trying all day to get that Mini convertible but the more I try, the more I want to throw my Xbox out the window! No matter what car I choose, what tune I use or what difficulty, I'm fighting to make my car go a single meter in a straight line while the exact same car driven by the AI can take off round corners like it's on rails!!!!

I'm done with the game cheating me, you can ram that Mini where the sun don't shine! I'm very close to using the game as a frisbee and forgetting all about it, I've NEVER been so frustrated with a GAME in my life! I've NEVER rage quit any game until today!

So, thank you and well done to whoever got the work experience to design the AI handling! Hope you don't get to be a games designer when you grow up!

I cant fix the AI handling, but what i can do is refer you to my youtube page, every week i record the challenges, and upload a video showing the can and tune i use.
https://www.youtube.com/c/waznewz
DISCLAIMER: i have Asperger's Syndrome, if you are offended by anything i write, I am sorry, Thank you :-)
#242 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:24:35 AM(UTC)
Have to ask but OP are you set to Highly Skilled? Expert was last Season, Highly Skilled this Season. May help.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 2:27:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#243 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 5:42:57 AM(UTC)
OK, first of all, thank you for the replies, genuinely...

But, I haven't asked for advice on beating the challenge, I haven't asked for tunes and I haven't asked to be directed to youtube to watch someone play the game!!...

I'm asking the devs to do something about the stupid AI... That's all!

I can tune (And I know what AWD stands for!!!!)... I play on pro normally and have no issues winning challenges... I struggled with this one badly (If you didn't, well done you, but telling me how easy you found it won't help with the stupid AI!)

As I said in my OP, no matter the car (I tried quiet a lot!), no matter the tune (I tried my own as well as many available ones) and no matter the difficulty (From pro right down to highly skilled), my car was just sliding out on all the gravel corners while the AI rounded them at crazy speeds without losing a single bit of grip! Race 1 was a doddle on tarmac, I won by a mile, but the gravel races are beyond a joke!

THAT is my issue... Not the championship (Now beaten), not the cars, not the tunes, the AI handling!

With the pysics defying cornering, it's turned a fun racing game into a 'stand back and get cheated' follow the leader game!

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, it wasn't, I am grateful for the replies and the offers of help, but that wasn't what the OP was all about ;) ... Thanks guys
#244 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 6:49:14 AM(UTC)
I would like to mention that the AIs are meant to just follow the driving line religiously, my bet is that the course was created using cars that are not qualified for this series, and have much more downforce, and the abilities to take the corners the same ways the AIs are. If the AIs aren't following the line, they often don't even pose a challenge on most tracks. Yes the AI are cheating, especially with rubber banding on unbeatable difficulty. To be entirely honest, I have only ever tuned like 4 cars in the game, because I have friends that are far far better at tuning than me, and I have only ever had a couple of problems. It is not that I don't know how to tune, I have known how to tune since FM6, but I just am not good at creating a car that is good for many things, and that might also be your problem.

Also, I have never seen a Dev on these forums after the first couple weeks after a game release (hunting for bug reports/glitches). Moderators might come around every once in a while, but they are not devs, and that is really a rarity. Mods only come around if there is like vulgarity in a post, and they don't take kindly to that. To be completely honest, Devs just don't have time for you, no matter how many people you have rallied behind you, and clearly many other people were able to beat the AIs, so it isn't their fault/problem. Either get a reliable tune (I refuse to endorse any though), or learn how to tune yourself, and take all the trial and errors to get your car ready for whatever challenge you face.

Also yeah, it really did kinda sound like a rant.
#245 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 7:02:06 AM(UTC)
OK, first of all, thank you for the replies, genuinely...

But, I haven't asked for advice on beating the challenge, I haven't asked for tunes and I haven't asked to be directed to youtube to watch someone play the game!!...

I'm asking the devs to do something about the stupid AI... That's all!

I can tune (And I know what AWD stands for!!!!)... I play on pro normally and have no issues winning challenges... I struggled with this one badly (If you didn't, well done you, but telling me how easy you found it won't help with the stupid AI!)

As I said in my OP, no matter the car (I tried quiet a lot!), no matter the tune (I tried my own as well as many available ones) and no matter the difficulty (From pro right down to highly skilled), my car was just sliding out on all the gravel corners while the AI rounded them at crazy speeds without losing a single bit of grip! Race 1 was a doddle on tarmac, I won by a mile, but the gravel races are beyond a joke!

THAT is my issue... Not the championship (Now beaten), not the cars, not the tunes, the AI handling!

With the pysics defying cornering, it's turned a fun racing game into a 'stand back and get cheated' follow the leader game!

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, it wasn't, I am grateful for the replies and the offers of help, but that wasn't what the OP was all about ;) ... Thanks guys

You do realise that the races were easy for us so we don't want them easier? I'm just saying that if they make them easier it would mean that I don't have any challenge at all... every week. This was an easy race, I don't want it any easier. I beat it on Expert mode not realising that they had lowered the Ai as well. I don't use rewinds, I'm not a very good driver... it was easy.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 7:05:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#246 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:19:21 AM(UTC)

Maybe main reason is then between chair and controller? As many have say this set of race was super easy (in circuits i was 5s per lap faster than unbeatable AI) And i didint slide around in corners either. I have done over 4000 race so far i have not once see AI cornering in way that i couldnt do myself. AI can be really damn unfair but not even once it's not be unfair because cornering (few example abaout actually AI being broken, B700 buggy races when AI use Maverick, warthog trial long time ago and low class buggy cross country races).

And it's really sound ranting when you blame that AI can do corners without sliding but you cant and when other peoples find this set of races really easy so maybe there wasnt nothing wrong abaout AI.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 9:31:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#247 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:27:47 PM(UTC)
I also noticed Unbalanced AI drivers, i mean we race in same class, and they completely ignore physix, also starting always from 8 place is stupid and idiotic beyond reason, i mean tracks are short and AI almost never mistake, they completely ignore rear wheel drive, they ignore sliding effect(im sure about that because i saw side by side same car(my and theirs) they just corner like they have "sticky like glue" handling, also noticed sometimes unrealistic acceleration coming out of corner, and i also compared stats on their cars with my current car, i just buy 2 3 cars upgrade them for example on 800lvl and in reality any of those cars should be weak in some stats but they clearly outperforms my car, handling is especially noticeable.
#248 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 3:47:32 PM(UTC)
I play on expert and for me the Drivatar rubber banding has been mostly on my favour, like leading Drivatar slowing down during last third or so. the There two occasions which made me wonder though. I was driving B-class Subaru on both times and AI just flew past me even being far away earlier. It was odd because I thought with similar car and PI they could have either, better top speed, or acceleration, but not both.

Then there was some sort of event where routes surface, which was varied from gravel to tarmack, wasn't flagged properly for Drivatars, for those it was all dry tarmac. No wonder me (and several others) found it surprisingly difficult, beat it with S1 Audi Quattro anyway, got it on third attempt IIRC. Anyway, I think that was not issue with Drivatar AI but oversight that happened during event creation.
#249 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:59:57 PM(UTC)
At the railway track race I lapped almost everyone, they all got stuck in the tunnel for some reason.
#250 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:44:43 PM(UTC)
Oh here we go again with "The AI is too hard waahhh" Give me a break.
12 Pages<<89101112PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error