This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:24:01 AM(UTC)
Drivatars in FH 3 have levels and club tags - 4 not.
Forza Horizon 3 have four city festivals and you can upgrade it - 4 have one festival city and you can't upgrade it.
Forza Horizon 3 have better club ingame section.

In FH 3 you can see how much fans you have - in 4 you can't see after race how many influence you have.

:(

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:31:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 1:27:41 AM(UTC)
You don´t need levels and club tags. Plus, they are often not shown correctly.
Forza Horizon 3 has one gigantic festival and 10 houses that basically are small festivals. Plus, you don´t need to upgrade it.

In 4 you can see how much influence you have (don´t copmare fans to influence. Influence basically is xp)
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 2:33:16 AM(UTC)
The Club functionality is really poor, almost non-existent and having houses function as festivals just makes the only actual festival stick out like a sore thumb. Doesn't feel cohesive.

Overall I'm inclined to agree, this games feels flatter on the whole, it's so much more of the same that any missing features stick out far, far more than they would otherwise. I miss custom championships the most, now all we have is pre-made time limited ones for some reason.

#4 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 2:54:07 AM(UTC)
club options are some mockery
Proud member of the "TiDY" club
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:05:15 AM(UTC)
Depending on how you play it...

FH4 on a 1x in 4k HDR feels like a different game to FH3..simply because the seasons are so different, so distinct and so well implemented. Also FH3 was a pretty bad job of 1x conversion, the frame rate especially was a bit wobbly, occasionally I seemed to get AA issues and the HDR was either weird or Australia is orange. To be fair to it it was a quick job and looked pretty enough, but FM7 showed that it was possible do a better job and FH4 is the finished product.

Yes this is all graphics related but when it's as consistently beautiful as it is it's hard to get past them. I imagine it feels like a reskin of FH3 with a few detail changes on a standard x one. But that is not playing the game as it was meant to be played and to say FH3 was better is like saying you prefer VHS over blu-ray.

Otherwise it plays consistently well, frame rate is solid and the seasons make a genuine difference to cars you have to use and how you play as well as well as the visual differences.

In most areas it's better, the same or a huge upgrade..

I get you miss some features but it's tiny in comparison to the gains.

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:06:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:07:35 AM(UTC)
I wonder why you can only have one house active. I want to use all my houses. I want to spawn near the one where I left the game last time. Instead, you basically have to select one from the right side of the map so you can at least fast travel to the western part (festival) and the city. That is unless you buy the fast travel house and pay 10k for every travel. Which is basically what you earn from the race you travel to (yes, if you get all 50 fast travel boards you will pay nothing).
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:12:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
I wonder why you can only have one house active. I want to use all my houses. I want to spawn near the one where I left the game last time. Instead, you basically have to select one from the right side of the map so you can at least fast travel to the western part (festival) and the city. That is unless you buy the fast travel house and pay 10k for every travel. Which is basically what you earn from the race you travel to (yes, if you get all 50 fast travel boards you will pay nothing).

I bought the fast travel house and am working on finding the fast travel boards. There wouldn’t be as much incentive to do so if each house stayed active.

Edited by user Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:13:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i7-8700k @4.8GHz, 16GB@3600, 1080ti
Rig: Fanatec CSL-E, BMW GT2/McLaren GT3 wheels, CS shifter & handbrake; ButtKicker G2
A/V: MSI AG32CQ curved 32” 1440p 144hz; SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset

http://mixer.com/chojinzo
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:15:58 AM(UTC)
I think there is still a difference between fast travel to 11 places on the map vs. fast travel to every point of the map.
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:49:27 AM(UTC)
I agree, FH3 is better. Here are some reasons:

Map - FH3's map is diverse and set in a good location. There is everything from cities to rain forests to the outback. In FH4, the map is bland and the same general texture for the entire map. I also think that the map is actually smaller in FH4.

Cars - The one thing that FH4 prevails in. They have more and slightly more diverse cars than FH3.

Progression - FH3 wins again. Progression means something in this game, like new festivals. It is also harder/more rewarding to earn credits. In FH4, progression means next to nothing. It does not unlock anything new (besides repetitive races) and is too easy. It also is WAY to easy to earn credits, and is not rewarding at all.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 9/8/2019 1:17:07 PM(UTC)
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:56:43 PM(UTC)
With FH4, I like the seasons, visuals, mountains, online players when playing by yourself (rather than just drivatars), the cars, and Forzathon. But some things seem quite thrown together. Also, FH4 really needs a bunch of Car Meets like FH2

With FH3, can't stand how much crazy drivatar traffic there is. Drivatars on the wrong side of the road, blocking the road, etc. But, I do feel FH3 is a more polished game. I like both its DLCs.

The car sounds are much better in 3! Compare Pagani Zonda R and Sesto Elemento in FH3 vs FH4. This is a big problem for FH4.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:05:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W3tStrang Go to Quoted Post
In FH4, the map is bland and the same general texture for the entire map.

Mountains, woodlands, farmlands, flower fields, a city, villages, a castle, a beach, and every now and then an ice track. Yup, all the same. But there's certainly no interesting pink lakes wasting away with disuse.

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:30:22 PM(UTC)
First game ever I would consider paying for a new extension of the previous version rather than staying on the latest one.

Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 11:53:20 PM(UTC)
Agree with everything

I would have preferred a new map for FH3 in a heartbeat.

They have removed my favorite cars XR Falcon for one, thats the one my wife used to own in RL and the reason she played with me, since its gone she wont play which in effect reduces my playtime.

Without a freeroam where we can actually bump into each other the drift scene is dead, for 2 years I frequented the carpark scene in FH3 and never grew tired of it, but here after only 8 weeks i have pushed my drift zone scores to the limit and have actually run out of things that interest me. Playing alone has a very boring effect.

With FH3 i had to change my controller batteries every day, in FH4 its a once a week thing - that sums it up.

If the HK Monaro from motorsport was carried over to FH4 it would have helped.

Moderated since 24-06-19 How much longer?
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 2:18:30 AM(UTC)
For me Forza 4 just about wins, but the bugs need fixing.
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 2:31:37 AM(UTC)
Honestly neither are good games. The franchise (horizon that is) went downhill after Forza Horizon 2 & I'd actually argue that nothing really captured the "Horizon Feel" like Forza Horizon 1.

Nothing has really progressed from Forza Horizon 2 to Forza Horizon 4. There's been really no innovations (maybe seasons?). I guess there's just not enough time to develop the improvements needed to the games in just 2 years.
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 5:20:59 AM(UTC)
graphically and for some of the mechanical systems FH4 is better i feel but for overall gameplay FH3 is by far better.

My friend and i got FH3 ultimate via preorder and we did not stop playing that game untill FM7 came out there was never really a point where we had nothing to do. FH4 has had 2 droughts so far for me - before the first expansion and now after it. Theres nothing compelling to do anymore. I will probably play for 1 day to knock out the xj220 thing this week but... thats all I really can see myself doing. As it is i spent hours just messing around with the train in FH3 multiplayer tonight. Even that i find more fun then whatever there is in FH4 that i havent already done

Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Honestly neither are good games. The franchise (horizon that is) went downhill after Forza Horizon 2 & I'd actually argue that nothing really captured the "Horizon Feel" like Forza Horizon 1.

Nothing has really progressed from Forza Horizon 2 to Forza Horizon 4. There's been really no innovations (maybe seasons?). I guess there's just not enough time to develop the improvements needed to the games in just 2 years.

I kinda liked the idea of expanding and growing the scope of the horizon festival but being boss probably was a bit much. FH1 and 2 were kind of just "go here and race" very much onrails progression, but they all have that to a degree. Every FH game has had more content than FH4 though. So few races, such limited multiplayer, I dont do rivals but i've seen that come up too. No real growth or expansion of scale or scope. Its kinda all there immediately and you just unlock a couple of extra races with everything done for a specific race category by like level 6.

FH2 kinda overdid it with FH3 having alot of double up races too but none as bad as 4. "want road racing 20? repeat the same races you unlocked at levels 1-6 or you wont get it"

Main thing i didnt like with FH1 and 2 is the limited open world areas. impassable walls and barriers everywhere. Such big maps with such small drivable spaces
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:38:23 PM(UTC)
I think online play was better in 3. The ghosted out cars take away from online play...but I don't miss the ramming of players that 3 had.
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 2:20:17 PM(UTC)
Yes ghosted cars are better on the Drift, and speed zones.
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 4:37:33 PM(UTC)
H3 suits the way I always played the Horizon series. Build and tune cars, test them on rivals and if they are competitive use them online. That's basically gone from 4. Sure you can build and tune cars but your only way of testing them is in SP against the AI or hope they are good online. Bad system there. I love games that add more content but not when they add unnecessary things and remove things I enjoyed. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'll take class based rivals and the old multiplayer points system over clothing, emojis and the current multiplayer any day all day.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2019 4:57:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#20 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 12:50:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MassDriverz Go to Quoted Post
Every FH game has had more content than FH4 though. So few races

People were saying that early on, but as I recall it turned out FH4 actually had a couple more than FH3 when they were counted. And that was before the route creator added so many more potential races that it absolutely blows the others out of the water. And the grind to unlock Goliath didn't require repeating nearly as many races as the awfulness of completing the road trips in FH2. I don't think it even matched the Championship grind in FH3.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 7 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 1:45:17 AM(UTC)
I agree that FH3 is still generally a better game than FH4.

FH4 has seasons (but then they ruined it by not allowing players to choose the desired season for free roam), a custom route creator (with a terrible UI) and some neat cars (and some proper driving roads), but in terms of gameplay there's been so many regressions with game progression, the loss of class choice in multiplayer and player-created custom championships, and obscene amounts of locked content among other things that it's not even funny.

The sad thing is, if all PG had done was re-release FH3 with a new map, a bit of polish and QoL improvements/bugfixes, some new graphics in the UI, and few new cars it would have been a much better game than what we actually got with FH4.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2019 1:46:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 2:41:49 AM(UTC)
FH4 for me. Having new content set in a different season every week keeps me interested. After you unlocked all the festivals in FH3 the ony single player content is grinding championships.
 3 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 3:27:36 AM(UTC)
It's a small thing but #Forzathon Achievements in Forza Horizon 3 kept me coming back every week, for over 2 years.

I'm already done with Forza Horizon 4 and with the state of competitive Multiplayer right now I have no desire to return.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 3:57:00 AM(UTC)
Already played FH4 more than FH3. Seasons and custom routes help a lot ; same as the better car roster. What I really miss from FH3 is the ability to create your own championships - but to go and say that FH3 is better, well, that's looking at it through rose-tinted glasses. FH4s festival is better ; it really feels like one this time, unlike the micro ones from FH3 which were lacklustre.
 2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 4:20:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post
FH4 for me. Having new content set in a different season every week keeps me interested. After you unlocked all the festivals in FH3 the ony single player content is grinding championships.

You forgot to mention the Class Based Event Leaderboards and Rivals in FH3. They provided infinite replayability for me.

FH4 is a weekly exercise to complete Forzathon and Seasonal events. A few hours at the most, then it’s back to FM7 to build, tune and race some cars.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error