This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 10:09:26 PM(UTC)
Is anyone else experiencing constant session disconnects with horizon 4 on PC? It's becoming very frustrating for me at this point. Wired connection, never have any issues with any other games on PC, but for some reason i get disconnected anywhere from a minute to five minutes into a session. I've been booted out of two different forza live events tonight because of this. That's even when I can connect, sometimes it just keeps spinning and saying joining session. This is my first horizon game on PC but have had no issues on horizon 1/2/3 or regularly forza series on xbox, and even when I play FH4 on xbox one, no issue at all with connection. It's strictly just a PC issue. I saw a ton of complaints of issues playing Forza 7 on PC and having to start peer network grouping, etc. in services, which I have already done, but it hasn't corrected the issue.

Edited by user Friday, March 1, 2019 6:53:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:00:49 AM(UTC)
I am having the same problem. Someone pls help.
#3 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:28:04 AM(UTC)
online on PC seems to be a broken mess. I have not been able to connect online since Friday.
#4 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:20:41 AM(UTC)
same with me here, they say something about checking something on your network via xbox app, tried the guide didn't work
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 3:56:01 AM(UTC)
Same here, sometimes it won’t even let me connect to a session. And Forza horizon 3 online works fine. It’s getting very annoying. Sorta glad I’m not the only one. Can they fix this now plz. I’m also playing on xbox. And I can only stay in a session for like 5 minutes before the gams disconnects and i can’t reconnect

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:32:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:42:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BALLISTICRED66 Go to Quoted Post
Same here, sometimes it won’t even let me connect to a session. And Forza horizon 3 online works fine. It’s getting very annoying. Sorta glad I’m not the only one. Can they fix this now plz. I’m also playing on xbox. And I can only stay in a session for like 5 minutes before the gams disconnects and i can’t reconnect

Same for me, I am on the Xbox One X and I cannot connect to multiplayer and I don’t have access to the marketplace, auction house or message centre.
#7 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:56:35 AM(UTC)
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 9:03:05 AM(UTC)
I still have this issue, is there a way to fix it?. I am on pc and wired connection with 12 mb/s
#9 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 6:09:23 AM(UTC)
I have the problem too.. i have try 10 Forzathon Live and I managed to finish none.. i have all time the deconnection. (i am on PC version)
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:32:16 AM(UTC)
Smae issue here since the fortune island update....
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:46:27 AM(UTC)
Same problem here since the fortune island update... I see so many posts of this online but no fixes its insane
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 3:22:38 AM(UTC)
It's becoming more than just annoying. You run free roam with other people, make drag races, bam connection lost. Ok, stupid.

Before a few days I got disconnected just right before the Forzathon, now I get D/C at 2nd or 3rd stage in 9 out of 10 Forzathons.

This is not funny anymore, I didn't buy Ultimate/VIP to get double Forzathon points (w/o spending 5M Cr) while ending up getting none whatsoever. I don't know whether the bad Teredo tunneling is at fault or not, but this is getting ridiculous.
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:13:31 AM(UTC)
Yes and then it makes the game unplayable.. :/ (i have the Ultimate Edition too)
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2019 8:13:39 PM(UTC)
This is how a typical FH4 session goes:

1) Wait 20-30 mins to find a Team Adventure session
2) Complete one race then get disconnected
3) Get banned for leaving early
4) Play something else
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:12:55 AM(UTC)
With the spring update it gets even worse, instead of just disconnecting from the online session the game freezes and crashes during the last stage of the Forzathon. Can't remember when I was able to make points with Forzathon, [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Gimme at least points after each section so I get some at all.

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:07:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 5:27:56 AM(UTC)
Yeah it’s gotten worse. Constantly kicked out of team adventure now. Really disappointing considering how long the game’s been out.
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:12:53 AM(UTC)
It's been bad enough, that I made this account like 8 years ago, forgot i even had all the forza [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] synced to come back and say.. here. that H4's online is a DISASTER.

Better Business Borough eat this stuff up. -eyes-

WEEEEEE run the companies. WEEEEEE run their pay checks.

Remember that racers. :*

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:45:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:23:09 AM(UTC)
Somebody in here got a fix so far?
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:09:31 AM(UTC)
I have the same problem since a week, i don't know what to do :(
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:19:27 AM(UTC)
I believe I've found the cause of the disconnects.
Running the game in windowed mode (on pc) with the task manger open I noticed that the disconnects always happens when the service "xbox live game save" is running.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEaoM8TIFO4pTK7l_xohwMcLZUA
Forza Horizon 4 uses this service to synchronise/upload the game save. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to disable cloud saves. It wont even let you start the game if you manually disable this service.
It seems to hog all the upload bandwidth and the game always disconnects me after a few seconds of this running. :(

I haven't found a solution to this yet :(

More info in this topic:
https://forums.forzamoto...ctions.aspx#post_1047756

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:20:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:36:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sammy2142 Go to Quoted Post
I believe I've found the cause of the disconnects.
Running the game in windowed mode (on pc) with the task manger open I noticed that the disconnects always happens when the service "xbox live game save" is running.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEaoM8TIFO4pTK7l_xohwMcLZUA
Forza Horizon 4 uses this service to synchronise/upload the game save. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to disable cloud saves. It wont even let you start the game if you manually disable this service.
It seems to hog all the upload bandwidth and the game always disconnects me after a few seconds of this running. :(

I haven't found a solution to this yet :(

More info in this topic:
https://forums.forzamoto...ctions.aspx#post_1047756

THIS. THANK YOU. I KNEW IT.

PLS FIX.

(i already submitted a ticket before christmas along with some other issues. support solved one issue out of 4, so ticket is now closed.)
#22 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 1:33:06 AM(UTC)
i may have found a solution to this, still cant confirm since i have only played 2-3 hours. But so far, no problems.

https://www.howtogeek.co...-pcs-over-the-internet/

Looks like Windows 10 is uploading data so other can download their Windows 10 Updates. Using this guide you can turn it down (but not completely off, as it appears) preventing the upload bandwith hogging.

Please let me know if that helped you.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:21:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IcH Daljin Go to Quoted Post
i may have found a solution to this, still cant confirm since i have only played 2-3 hours. But so far, no problems.

https://www.howtogeek.co...-pcs-over-the-internet/

Looks like Windows 10 is uploading data so other can download their Windows 10 Updates. Using this guide you can turn it down (but not completely off, as it appears) preventing the upload bandwidth hogging.

Please let me know if that helped you.

I have had this option off since windows 10 launched.
Since the latest fh4 update normal adventure etc seems to work better for me with less disconnections (I get quite big lag spikes during matches though).
Ranked mode however is still completely unplayable for me (I can play 1 race then get disconnected losing 90+ points a time).

Disabling this windows update option will free up more bandwidth when windows is downloading updates (system updates or store updates etc) but it is inactive when all updates are finished (so it wont continue to upload in the background etc)..
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:44:43 PM(UTC)
yea same here. i restart the game now after 2x 5 races like ranked games. you'll dc at the 3rd. i bet you can set a timer and it would dc always at the same time..
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:56:40 PM(UTC)
Yeah, sorry about that. I thought i had it.

... well, at least someone tried, eh?
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error