This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
24 Pages<<21222324PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#551 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 10:11:29 PM(UTC)
yep its all because of the last update. I'm glad we the playerbase know what the issue is because clearly the team doesnt seem to know or for that matter care.
#552 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:26:12 AM(UTC)
yes just now I entered the game looked around the garage and as soon as I left the garage and went for 100 meteres it crashed,yesterday too,id say it is more frequent now
#553 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:48:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ShokuPanMike Go to Quoted Post
The game crashes anywhere, even before it's finished loading sometimes but mainly during a Forzathon Live event... (Xbox One S user)

I don't think it's related to Forzathon Live events. I have the game crashing since the last update. It takes about 20-30 minutes of play time until this happens. (I play something else then now) But I was able to finish Forzathon Live events each day. Yesterday was the first time it crashed in the middle of round 3.

And one really "funny" crash which makes me wonder about "randomness" in this game: I had 20 wheelspins piled up and started to use them. The usual **** , 2k, 5k and lots of clothes. But then a McLaren and *boom* crash at the moment the wheel was about to stop. The next day I checked how many wheelspins were left and used them. At the first spin the McLaren came again and later 180k, the rest the usual **** . I get a lot of HEMIs from wheelspins too.

But the crashing is more about playtime than anything else methinks. There's a memory hole somewhere...

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:51:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#554 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:52:00 AM(UTC)
Any crashes that appear to be happening since the Fortune Island update - please check out this thread.

Also don't forget to submit a ticket here too.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#555 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 8:34:50 AM(UTC)
My game just crashed when I tried to buy a car on a seasonal championship. Really annoying.
#556 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 8:55:59 AM(UTC)
My game competely bricks itself when simply freeroaming for 20-30 minutes. Takes a while to find a live session as well, and times out rather often.. no issues with my broadband or any other games. This issue needs to be addressed.
#557 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 12:37:44 PM(UTC)
Mine crashes all the time both before and after update. I can barely play 10-15 minutes and then crash... No matter what i'm doing in game. PC btw.
 1 user liked this post.
#558 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:11:26 PM(UTC)
I am glad that I am not the only one having this issue.

I am on original Xbox One (Sunset Overdrive Edition) and this last week or so the game keeps crashing when taking part in a Forzathon event, the game just quits and I end up on the Xbox One main screen, the game then starts normally, this has happened twice this evening and once or twice every previous day this week, I had thought it could be my Xbox being an original type, but it seems to be happening to many people.

Do they even know what the issue is?
#559 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 2:19:35 PM(UTC)
Mine keeps crashing since update on xbox one
#560 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:49:53 PM(UTC)
Yep I'm having the same issues on my XBOX ONE:

-Crashes upon startup (last car used is switched to starter car) (savefile corruption or sync issue?).
-Crashes during online free roam, while driving or using the drone (no set pattern is discernible).
-Crashes while navigating menus (This happens while looking at the map, and it happened once while viewing the Horizon Life menu).
-Crashes when finishing a race (online and offline) (doesn't happen that often).
-Crashed while approaching a barn find (only happened once, I still have two more to go).

I had a 4 hour session the other day and it crashed on me at least 8 times. That's completely unacceptable in my opinion. These crashes seem to happen quite randomly and weren't really predictive except that I knew it was going to happen at some point. Sometimes it doesn't freeze before crashing to the dashboard, it just does it instantly as well.

I wasn't sure if it was a possible memory leak as well, but I don't think this is the case. Usually if there's a memory leak, there would be a degradation of game performance before it crashes and I really haven't noticed that. I could be wrong.

I have found that doing things offline (offline free roaming, solo a.i. races, and similar) mitigates crashing quite a bit. So I think it's yet another issue with the servers, similar to Forza 7 launch issues (though F7 had more issues not related to online servers as well).

#561 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 8:21:31 AM(UTC)
Since the update and the Fortune Island when playing on the main map I have had issues with the game crashing when doing the Forzathons, so what I am going to try later is doing a Forzathon on Fortune Island because they worked fine on there before I switched back to the main map.

Why don't they even acknowledge that people are having problems with the game?

I know I said yesterday that I am happy that it is not just me with the issue, I am of course not happy that there is an issue at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#562 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:25:33 PM(UTC)
Okay, so after the latest update (December 21st, 2018 Xbox: 1.232.715.0), the crashing has stopped for now. I played for a few hours last (3 or 4) night and it didn't crash once. Not sure if they patched anything on the PC side.

Patch Notes: https://support.forzamot...Notes-December-21st-2018

Edited by user Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:26:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#563 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:35:02 AM(UTC)
if you're on pc, i managed to make it work somehow and not crash : found out that the crash is related to the connection between FH4 and the XBOX APP. all you need to do is to kill the xbox app.

easiest way i could find was open task manager while in game, go to processes (details) and END EXPLORER.EXE - no more crashes.

downside is that i can't play online and i have to reset the computer once i quit forza (as there's no more windows explorer)
#564 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:09:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stormy036 Go to Quoted Post
Okay, so after the latest update (December 21st, 2018 Xbox: 1.232.715.0), the crashing has stopped for now. I played for a few hours last (3 or 4) night and it didn't crash once. Not sure if they patched anything on the PC side.

Patch Notes: https://support.forzamot...Notes-December-21st-2018

It does seem to be fixed now, I didn't have the game crash at all today.

I do wonder what the issue was though?

#565 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2018 10:32:18 AM(UTC)
My game still crashing on my Xbox One S during some races... This morning, i cound't pass the first street race.

This race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzsfo5s6GCI
Go to 29:09

#566 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 5:30:26 PM(UTC)
I am getting random crashes, its in the range 5-20 minutes. Its seems that the game only crash when I have opened browser on the second monitor. When I have opened Mozila Firefox, game will randomly crash without any error message and firefox tab crash too at the same time, the opened tab is the Twitch with opened stream. Watching any movie / serial online does not cause crash but twitch stream have 100% guranteed crash. Tried aceleration turned off, higher priority for the game in task manager, nothing work. Tried other browser like internet explorer. Exact same issue. Other pages like youtube and movies dont cause crash but when I open twitch to watch my favourite streamer I will get random crash in 5-20 minutes. I have all new updates to the game, system, GPU, browser. I tried few times just uninstall and download game again. Still the same. If I want to play without crashes I cant watch Twitch :-D

PC spec: i7 7700 K, GTX 1080, 16 GB ram, game is installed on 500GB m.2 SSD, WIN 10

I hope this will help to solve anything because I always watch stream during playing games and I dont want to stop play this awesome game.

Sorry for my bad english and hold on racers, you are not alone :-)

Edited by user Tuesday, January 1, 2019 2:58:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#567 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 2:15:55 AM(UTC)
I passed that street race using a technique, every 3 seconds, i paused and resumed the game, this may be stupid, but this the only way that i managed to play... But still, after 30 minutes, the game crashes at random points...
#568 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 2:43:04 PM(UTC)
In my case I get a blue screen (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) every hour or so while playing FH4 or even FM7 on PC. This has driven me to the point of taking a break from Forza games as a whole since playing with the constant fear of getting thrown off from an online event is just not something that I like. I struggle to put my finger on the problem as everything I've done has lead to no result. Would be great to actually play a Forza game on PC but what do you do. (I know this isn't about FH4 blue screens but thought I'd still write it here)

Basic PC specs
- Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI) & not overclocked as it has caused a blue screen for some people but didn't solve anything for me
- 16GB RAM
- 447GB KINGSTON (SATA-3 (SSD))
- OS Win 10 Pro 64-bit

UPDATE
After updating my NVIDIA GeForce drivers to 417.35 Forza Horizon 4 crashes constantly, but without a blue screen this time. I can sometimes play for about 10 minutes before my game closes itself without any sign of it all. Same thing with Forza Motorsport 7. I don't have any explanation for this and I would actually rather still have the blue screens since they occurred more rarely and I was at least able to play for about an hour before the whole PC went to a blue screen.
Will keep updating my status if I somehow fix this issue!

Also this new update to the game which included the Mitsubishi cars didn't do anything. Still crashes within 5 minutes of starting, sometimes even on startup.

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:36:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: update on current status

1 user liked this post.
#569 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 10:01:46 PM(UTC)
Same here. Game crashes from time to time. All other Games i play don´t crash. So i know my System is stable.
Very sad....
#570 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 12:12:01 PM(UTC)
The game has kicked me to dashboard twice today on xbox one. Both times were during forzathon events. I thought they fixed this because the past week has been fine but today seems bad. I don't seem to ever have any issues when in solo play. Tested my connections and they are strong I hope they fix this because I relly enjoy horizon life.
#571 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:23:23 PM(UTC)
Hi Iam Noddy Just a track called A Midnight Cruise

Based near the highway the Positions keept fluxawaiting all were behind me and you get on the next lap Has anything like this happend to you or anyone ya know and geting through checkpoints

Ps I took a photo of replay of Joe Don song sorry if name aint right but THERE WAS NO TYRES ON THE RIMS

THIS A NEWISH GAME BUT THERE MORE WRONG WITH THIS GAME THEN ACTIVATION's CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2 Life cycle and that games was glithed
#572 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 5:37:22 AM(UTC)
Welcome you who are searching for fix. Here is the fix. HAPPY PLAYING !!
Make .bat file with this lines :

@echo off

START explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe!SunriseReleaseFinal

TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

:LOOP
TASKLIST | FIND /I "FORZAHORIZON4" >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
GOTO CONTINUE
) ELSE (
ECHO fh4 is still running
TIMEOUT /T 5
GOTO LOOP
)

:CONTINUE

START explorer.exe
EXIT
#573 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:59:17 AM(UTC)
Execute the game for about 5 minutes and restart the blue screen.
Error code: bad_pool_caller
How can I solve it?
#574 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:59:53 AM(UTC)

Information
Since your account has been placed under moderation, a forum moderator must approve your post before it will become visible.
 1 user liked this post.
#575 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 12:41:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Any crashes that appear to be happening since the Fortune Island update - please check out this thread.

Also don't forget to submit a ticket here too.

I have submitted 2 tickets this month both of them were closed and marked solved even tho they never were solved. One was never responded to and the other one the woman said we know it's and issue so I'm closing it. And she then wasn't nice when I asked why close it when it's not been solved. I just submitted another ticket. The ticket #19813. Maybe I will finally get this resolved. 2 months and still no help. My connections are great and ran checks thru microsoft multiple times. Hopefully the Forza team will fix this soon.

24 Pages<<21222324PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error