24 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#451 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 11:36:23 AM(UTC)
My issue is;

2 crashes max in 8 hours of playtime before the latest update
6 crashes in 3 hours of playtime after the last update
Mostly happening during ranked matches, causing me to lose points!

Also, why is this issue not in the "known issues" since a lot of people are having crashes for such a long time? This topic doesn't even have "INVESTIGATING" tag on it... What the heck? Are they not working on fixing this or what?

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 11:40:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#452 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 7:46:51 PM(UTC)
I'm still having very random crashes in-game. I've tried what feels like a million different fixes, tweaks, and programs but none of them seem to work. I will say, however, that the last update spaced the crashes out enough to let me finish the opening race at the beginning of the game.

Sometimes I'll get 5 minutes, other times I get 2+ hours. It makes no sense.

Even killing explorer.exe hasn't worked.

I'm very frustrated, because I seriously enjoy this game when I can actually play it.

I hope they find a way to fix this.
 1 user liked this post.
#453 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:35:13 PM(UTC)
Are any of you in the Windows Insider Program? I am and my game has been crashing a lot recently, I feel like it's an insider update that's causing my problems. There's really no other explanation for this.
 1 user liked this post.
#454 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:59:36 PM(UTC)

After hours of narrowing down what the cause of the crash could be I've finally found it.

Turns out its basically every time you either enter or exit a speed zone/drift zone.
This would also explain why people are crashing all over the map because those damn zones are everywhere.

I guess all we can do is wait until they decide they wanna fix the damn bug.
#455 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:15:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxShaz Go to Quoted Post

After hours of narrowing down what the cause of the crash could be I've finally found it.

Turns out its basically every time you either enter or exit a speed zone/drift zone.
This would also explain why people are crashing all over the map because those damn zones are everywhere.

I saw that in the known issues page in forza support and they told us to roll back windows to 1809, which makes no sense because everyone including windows insider members (depending on what delivery schedule they're on) are already on 1809. Last night I rolled back windows to an earlier build that FH4 worked with and I am currently reinstalling FH4 right now. Hopefully this works because I've tried like every other solution I found on the internet
#456 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:47:12 AM(UTC)
Rolling back windows did not fix the issue... In fact I lost all of my progress/save data.
#457 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:22:41 AM(UTC)
Still having random crashes, no matter what settings I use, sometimes in the menu, usually just in the middle of racing or freeroam.

If I had crashes on any other game I'd be more worried about my rig, but I really think this is a problem with Forza. The fact this isn't listed as a Known Issue is reprehensible.
#458 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:48:11 AM(UTC)

Nah, mine only crashes during team adventure/ranked matches.

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:49:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#459 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 3:12:48 AM(UTC)
I was cruising South on the Motorway at around 90mph in the Land Cruiser (no skill pop ups) and the game froze.

Most of my crashed have occurred when accumulating Skills. I have missed a Forzathon Live or two as a result as I try to get some Skill Points before the event starts.
#460 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:56:55 AM(UTC)
I'm tired of random crashes during ranked adventure matches and we don't have a reconnect option. After last update I've been experiencing crashes during Forzathon.
And there are no crash errors, no crash reports.
#461 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 8:21:44 AM(UTC)
Too bad nobody cares.
#462 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:32:40 PM(UTC)
Mine goes thru the launch screen but wont get to the menu... was fine for 3 weeks till today. I got it to load... but only has sound in the damn loading screen and cut scenes.....

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2018 9:52:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#463 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:06:48 PM(UTC)
Yup Mine is crashing too.
No low end parts either i7-7700k and a gtx 160 FE. Idk whats going on
#464 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:09:16 AM(UTC)
Yeah, my game has never crashed before since I've had it since like 2 weeks after launch, and now it first happened when I was upgrading a car, then when I left the garage. Then I turned it on, and it crashed right in the garage again. Idk what's going on but I just upgraded to the latest windows 10 1809 version the other night. But what's weird, is that I was playing it all day yesterday with no issues. It wasn't until last night. I just gave up and went to bed, so I'll see if anything is different today. Smh. Typical. I'm glad that I didn't delete my windows.old folder, yet. Something inside of me had a feeling something stupid like this would happen.
#465 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:56:50 AM(UTC)
~Same here crashing all the time I did try many fix but still crashing
#466 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:17:45 PM(UTC)
At least you's can at least get into free roam. For me, the game crashes as soon as I reach the 'Welcome Back' screen at my house after the game starts up. As if having to close MSI Afterburner just for the game to even start up was bad enough.
#467 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:28:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FantomAssassinX Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, my game has never crashed before since I've had it since like 2 weeks after launch, and now it first happened when I was upgrading a car, then when I left the garage. Then I turned it on, and it crashed right in the garage again. Idk what's going on but I just upgraded to the latest windows 10 1809 version the other night. But what's weird, is that I was playing it all day yesterday with no issues. It wasn't until last night. I just gave up and went to bed, so I'll see if anything is different today. Smh. Typical. I'm glad that I didn't delete my windows.old folder, yet. Something inside of me had a feeling something stupid like this would happen.

Are you still getting crashes?
I'm still on version 1803, but after an update a few days ago, the game keeps on warning about "low video memory" and eventually crashes.
I want to know about your experience to decide wether I should manually update to 1809 to eventually fix the issue, or if it's going to get even worse.
#468 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:19:48 AM(UTC)

Exactly the issue I've been having for a fortnight and got tired of it so googled and found this thread. Everything is fine until I hit SpeedZone cameras, regardless of whether I'm in FreeRoam or an Event.

If anyone from Turn10 actually reads these - configuration is:
W10 Home - Inside Preview [Fast] V 10.0.18277
i7-7700 3.6Ghz; Z270-A PRO [MS-7A71], 16GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX1070 on Driver 25.21.14.1681 - 1920x1080@60hz

PC, using XB controller via Win10 Wireless Adapter
#469 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 4:17:44 PM(UTC)
Since I disabled XMP Memory Profile in BIOS I haven't had a crash. I turned the graphics settings up too. Will reply again if this turns out to be a false hope.
#470 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:14:07 AM(UTC)
Same here. I cant even get to car. Its shut down -_-Do anyone how to fix it please ? :)
#471 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:07:29 PM(UTC)
When my game wouldn't start, I fixed the issue by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. You might try that if you can't get into the game at all.

But now, it's really just crashing frequently. It seems to happen most under heavy load - I see it's when the CPU temperature gets up around 90°F (on the other hand, I can run at 105°F in a stress test and it will produce no errors over 24-48 hours). When it crashes, the game freezes and my Xbox One controller vibrates intensely for a bit and then stops, then the game disappears and I'm back at the Windows desktop.

I thought it might be my PC, but I've tested it thoroughly and all components are working as intended.
#472 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:51:23 PM(UTC)
Started getting the crashes to desktop every time you start a speed zone and some other random times I can't play longer than 15 minutes at a time with Win 10 1809 Build 18277 and the previous build since the November Forza update

Disappointed with Microsoft on another crippling bug.

#473 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 6:53:56 AM(UTC)
can't play this game on pc, keep crashing everytime
 1 user liked this post.
#474 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:40:46 AM(UTC)
Same Issue here. Since the Patch that fixed the Barnfind Achievement i cant play this game.
It Crashes as soon as i can see the Welcome Screen. Sometimes i can get into Free Roam where it crahses after a few seconds.
And in 1 out of like 20 Cases i can play the game for an Hour or 2 but then it crashes randomly.
Tried many of these so called "fixes" but nothing helped.

The Event Viewer just shows me an Application Hang for ForzaHorizon4.exe, thats all.
#475 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:59:32 AM(UTC)
Crashes even more often lately. I play on PC and this is the only software I have any problem with.

Game just freezes, then closes after several seconds.
24 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error