24 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext
#426 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:53:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: heloder85 Go to Quoted Post
The most infuriating part about this is that it seems to be completely random. I can play for 2 hours straight one day, and then the next thing I know I literally cannot play the game for more than 2 minutes without it crashing. It has nothing to do with heat, and I don't understand how it could have anything to do with memory given that it may not crash for hours, or it may crash on the menu. Settings make no difference. Disabling real-time AV protection makes no difference. Disabling the Windows Game Bar makes no difference. Running in windowed mode makes no difference. Rebooting makes no difference. Increasing the size of the page file makes no difference. Disabling Wi-Fi and playing completely offline makes no difference. Nothing makes any difference. It's like the game just decides when it wants to run and when it doesn't. The patches have not made it any better, and if anything have only made matters worse since performance has decreased with every patch.

Have you tried to disable "Game mode" on Windows Settings? For me at least my games run smoother without the darn game mode
#427 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:13:32 PM(UTC)
It crashes with and without Game Mode enabled, and with and without Game Bar enabled.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:12:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#428 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:59:41 AM(UTC)
Hi,

my game crashs everytime when i'm watching videos/streams in background with browser, I tried chrome, firefox & edge. While release, only the game crashed but now the browsers also crashes (the tabs with video content). Chrome and Firefox says there is a problem with video memory. This error only occours with FH4

Things i've done:
  • Driver up to date
  • Tried to check out if its G-Sync related, but it is not
  • Disabled hardware acceleration in chrome for testing and it is a little bit better, the game crashes not so often, but it still crashes.
  • Reduced my graphic settings - textures and shadow to high. My card can do all on max but game is unstable then, too.
  • I also recognized when I switch to desk (while game is in fullscreen) it crashes more often then game is in window mode while switching to desk. So when I need to switch I first do [ALT]+[Enter] to switch window mode.

When I want to play really stable I leave all browser and other video things closed and don't switch to desk while session.
In my case I can exactly say on which situation the game will crash, it is 100% reproducable.

I think it is an DX overlay & memory problem of the game.

Maybe my information help someone with similar problems.

Edited by user Sunday, October 21, 2018 2:56:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#429 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:33:04 PM(UTC)
Yes, The game crashes a lot on my Xbox One X. Lost hours of progress and lots of credits because of that.
 1 user liked this post.
#430 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 2:10:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mahdioof Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FlukeyPear115 Go to Quoted Post
Well I tried to play again today and it's still the same crash after crash, randomly. It does not matter if play on "Horizon Life" or "Horizon Solo" as another member has mentioned. It's still frustrating, because the game is amazing, but being like this is completely outrageous.

just a question
Are you only in your Microsoft account or someone else is logged in to your account
i mean just a user use ur microsoft account or 2 or 3 or more users using ur microsoft account?
this is so important question!!!!!!!!!
plz answer to solve problem
reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaad it

In English please.
#431 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:57:31 AM(UTC)
Folks, check out the game with the latest update. It fixes some "stability issues" and improving render distance, so give it a try!
#432 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:10:16 PM(UTC)
I played it for about 20 minutes and then it crashed. Then I loaded it again and it crashed in about 5 minutes. Then I loaded it again and it crashed in about 5 minutes. This is the exact same behavior I've been having. The patch did not solve this issue for me.
#433 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:53:32 PM(UTC)
The game hasn't crashed for me since I turned off overlay at launch but since new patch I am crashing constantly. Can't even play for 1 hour.
It is always in a race and it seems like it is always when I drive into another NPC racer. Just hangs, sound loops and seconds later, game shuts down.
Something buggy with physics?
It's not like I crash into NPCs at topspeeds, just rubbing at almost same speed of both cars.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:54:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#434 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:03:46 AM(UTC)
I haven't had a crash issue, but I have noticed that if I'm paused, or in my tuning menu or something for longer than just a few minutes, it's been kicking me off of horizonlife, and I have to find a while new Forzalife thing.. That's frustrating, and No, I do not share this game with any one, I have the Ultimate digital, and my brother has the standard from Game Pass, both digital, on 2 separate consoles, and he doesn't even play really.. Also, should mention that this a new thing, since I got the game on Pre-order, I've no lifed the hell out of it, and would just leave it sitting in ForzaVision at festival for up to few hours sometimes if I had to go run a service call, and id come back, and it would still be connected.. Just recently has it been kicking me..
#435 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:42:42 AM(UTC)
Even after the last update the game still closes every 10 minutes, for now the only solution that is serving me here is to use the .bat file that kills the explorer while running the game, in this way I can play without crashing, however I'm still having some FPS drops.

This problem must be very complicated for developers, it can take a long time to correct!
#436 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:21:23 AM(UTC)
After new patch 23/10 crashing retuning home, crashing at lunch. It's crashing as before, no issue solved. It's a big problem, and Turn10 don't answer
#437 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:47:00 PM(UTC)
I was in a long ***. race against unbeatables and had almost finished and BOOM crashed to desktop [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]! Surely this should of being fixed already

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2018 4:27:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#438 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 4:11:26 AM(UTC)
My game loads the slideshow and then just Returns to desktop. No error or whatever. Worked before the patch released on October 10th, ever since then I've had this issue. Reinstalled twice, nothing. I run none of the known conflicting programmes so I'm really clueless. Tried turning off V-Sync, low graphic settings....nothing helps. I opened a ticket with Microsoft two days ago, but nobody bothered responding yet.
#439 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 2:15:00 PM(UTC)
I was able to play the introduction but after I select my first car I cannot do anything. I literally cannot start my career.

Here is a demonstration of my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuvYNF3RySk
#440 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 11:25:56 AM(UTC)
I was doing a 10 lap long circuit and i was literally a few checkpoints away from finish and it crashed, considering not playing until patch. If it means anything, whenever i open the game, it says that my graphics drivers are out of date but apparantly not according to Nvidia, I have a GTX1080
#441 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 9:50:45 PM(UTC)
My game has always been pretty crashy, but now since this update that has "improved" stability, I can't even get out of the house without my game crashing. I used to be able to faff about for a couple hours, but now the game is totally unplayable. Thanks for the "fix" devs, you really knocked this one out of the park.

For the record, no other games crash, and I have more than enough computer to run FH4. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:41:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#442 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 12:44:50 AM(UTC)
Note to devs!!!

Nvidia Shadowplay enabled... crash on launch. Repeatedly. Without it i can go and play normally.
#443 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 3:11:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Janis Petke FIN Go to Quoted Post
Note to devs!!!

Nvidia Shadowplay enabled... crash on launch. Repeatedly. Without it i can go and play normally.

Just tried that. Turned off. Still crashing finishing drift zone.
#444 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 8:15:31 PM(UTC)
Ok i have done some testing and i figured out the problem i not only fixed my ex computer but also 2 friends had crashing and freezing problem with Forza Horizon 4 follow these steps

1 click start,settings,privacy scroll down to backround apps and turn off all apps

2 Make sure you don't have any programs running automatic updates,windows, windows defender or any antivirus that scans on a schedule

This should help you fix any stuttering,

3 click start menu,settings,network & internet ,click on change adapter options. right click on Ethernet and choose properties,look on list and click on TCP IPv4 and hit properties,Make sure the bottom is selected Obtain a DNS server address automatically,click ok

4 if you have any Nvidia drivers that are 411 or 416 do a clean install with NVidia DDU in safemode and install drivers 399.24, this will not only clean and errors or problem files in the registry it will troubleshoot any problem,

once the drivers are removed you can now restart the pc, install drivers 399.24 or if you prefer to go further back to 398 has worked for some people but i don't know which ones exact.

5 Go To Regedit thru cortana HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control under graphic drivers and make sure you have Tdrdelay and its set to 20( the reason you want this there is because when the driver stops responding you need a delay to happen so it refreshes and can load again

You might not need Tdrdelay so see if it works without it

The problem is Forza Horizon software there is issue with using DNS server and anything that either modify hardware or makes changes to your pc, like new drivers.

Just to see how its going and where the problem was go to cortana and click Event Viewer, click on windows log,Double click on System, if your game crashed or froze it will be listed as warning or error, Warning is about DNS server not responding,

This should help you fix the game from randomly crashing and game freezes
#445 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 8:20:07 PM(UTC)
hadn't had a single game crash on PC until this late October/early November fall release. Suddenly, I am crashing out so often that I can't play the game at all.
#446 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 11:15:06 PM(UTC)
Yea me too man, I tried to update new driver but nothing seems to work. This game is perfect w/o all that bugs [Mod Edit - D]!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:59:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#447 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:17:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Analog2112 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Janis Petke FIN Go to Quoted Post
Note to devs!!!

Just tried that. Turned off. Still crashing finishing drift zone.

Ok so it is localized problem. I don't mind disabling it since i don't use it anyways but the process to find the reason was not very pleasant.
#448 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:23:31 PM(UTC)
It's the Derwent Manor and possibly every house. 9/10 times that I load into the Derwent Manor my game crashes. I think it's that short cut-scene that plays before bringing you to the menu. Change home to the festival site and it will load 9/10 times. The still need to fix this, badly.
#449 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:54:36 PM(UTC)
I also have been crashing A LOT just random times as well just driving around drifting OFFLINE, PC btw, ill be driving doing w/e then boom gray screen crash.. unstable mess indeed
#450 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:32:50 AM(UTC)
I'm crashing randomly too, just anywhere, it happens randomly., I'm on PC.
24 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error