24 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext
#401 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:50:14 AM(UTC)
Hmm removing Geforce experience and rebooting after seemed to fixed it this time..
 2 users liked this post.
#402 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:23:43 AM(UTC)
4 days without been able to play the game. This is simply unacceptable.
#403 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:34:59 AM(UTC)
Game worked fine for the past few days, now crashes after pressing continue. Anyone found fix? [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 10:11:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#404 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:38:02 AM(UTC)
Can someone edit this batch file for forza horizon 3? because I have the same issue in FH3... And this batch seems to work with FH4 for me so i think with 3 too...

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 9:39:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#405 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 10:18:55 AM(UTC)
I had the game crashing/freezing repeatedly today so much I could not make it past the ingame menu, cpu fan idled down and process stopped. Gamebar presence writer was the issue it turns out everytime that kicked in the game would hardlock with nothing responding. Just wanted to share that with anyone else as the process evidently is not forza friendly and caused me a few hours of frustration trying to troubleshoot things. It can be turned off within the xbox app settings, just need to restart the app for it to stop engaging the process like it was.
 2 users liked this post.
#406 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 10:54:55 AM(UTC)
Any news from the devs ?

4 days without being able to play, that's insane. I paid 100€ for this game.
#407 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 11:08:02 AM(UTC)
The crashes getting worser and worser after every update. Now it started to freeze my whole pc. This is not accaptable! But it's like Horizon 3, so there is no hope to get this fixed. Other games run fine.
#408 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 11:37:00 AM(UTC)
Changing Mirror quality from Extreme to Ultra fixed the crashes while loading into house/festival after clicking continue.. so weird.
#409 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 12:12:13 PM(UTC)
The game was slowing my GPU fan as the GPU temp increased, leading up to my crashes.
I manually set the fan speed on my GPU using AMD Wattman - no crashes yet!
#410 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 1:02:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raisingx Go to Quoted Post
Changing Mirror quality from Extreme to Ultra fixed the crashes while loading into house/festival after clicking continue.. so weird.

A lot of players can't even go past the main menu. And my mirror quality is only high anyway.

Please tell me if the devs have communicated about these crashes on main menu. I'm getting a bit worried. Couldn't play at all since last update.
#411 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 5:10:35 PM(UTC)
I have tried just about every suggestion on this page thus far and still just can't stay in game. Nonstop random crashes to desktop, and 1 blue screen. I've tried with keyboard, controller, wheel, high settings, low settings, disabled overlays and game bars, reinstalled twice, updated all patches and drivers. This game is just unstable, plain and simple. The fact that they are having so many different kinds of crashes makes this even more discouraging. The lack of response to forum outcry has been EVEN MORE discouraging. To top it all off even if you do get to play for your 20 minutes you get to battle leaderboards loaded with exploiters/hackers. Yessir, we nailed this one...
#412 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:01:30 PM(UTC)
Crashed 4 times tonight, all after team king events on bamburgh castle, xbox one. Insanity
#413 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 10:33:28 PM(UTC)
Alright so I have been a victim of the random crashes on PC. After some digging around i found out that it was a RAM memory issue. Two of my friends have the game aswell, one plays with very rare crashes and the other one doesn't crash at all. My friend that doesn't get game crashes does not have any kind of overclock running, my other friend with the very rare crashes only has an CPU overclock. Which made me think. I have an Ryzen 1800X, overclocked to 4GHz and 32GB RAM overclocked to 2933 MHz, which possibly makes my system unstable. In every other game but FH4 the overclocks run stable. So I did some testing runs without my overclocks applied and i could play for more than 5 hours straight, even with MSI afterburner running in the background (no OSD). Thus, disabling my overclocks, fixed the random crashes through memory issues for me.
#414 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:36:19 AM(UTC)
Have you tried to install new drivers? I changed from 399.24 to 411.70 and installed geforce expierence manually then optimized the game, loaded game and then uninstalled geforce expierence its been smooth ever since.

Same for Horizon Life with windows defender firewall on i always connect to online,
#415 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:45:38 AM(UTC)
Hi All

Another one here with a completely non-functioning game. I have just raised a ticket as I've just about had enough of trying to get it to work. The game will always get as far as the main menu, then after clicking 'continue', it will start loading after which the screen goes black and the icon indicating progress freezes at which point the whole game just freezes up and I am forced to close it.

Occasionally it will get slightly further and load successfully but then crashes after 30 seconds every time.

At this point I have paid £50 for a game which simply doesn't work. Prior to the last patch I did not have these issues. I even resorted to doing a complete reformat and reinstall of Windows so this is happening on a fresh install. No other games have any problems like this.

At this point I've had to just completely give up on trying to play this game. My free time is limited and therefore precious and I'm not going to spend it troubleshooting this stupid game. Last time I ever buy a game from Microsoft or Playground Games unless I know 100% that it's fully patched and at least functioning at its most basic level. What a joke.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:49:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#416 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:10:28 AM(UTC)
For now the only solution that worked for me so far is to use the .bat file posted here to kill the explorer, this solved the problem of the game close after a 15 minutes playing, and after I reinstall the game also solved the problem close the menu, when you click Continue.

However the game is still causing a lot of FPS down, even lowering the settings to medium, from time to time causing lag making gameplay difficult in online racing. In Forza 7, the game usually runs at 60fps, rarely, there is a small fall of fps.

Does anyone know if there is already some other better solution, or if the development team are still investigating these FH4 issues?
 1 user liked this post.
#417 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:17:53 AM(UTC)
Game still crashes on main menu. Back to desktop.

Anyone knows if the devs are releasing a fix soon ? Have they communicated about it ?
It's been almost a week :|
 1 user liked this post.
#418 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:42:46 AM(UTC)
When it will be fixed ? it starting to be ridicolous. Game ver 1.197.899.2 - last update made it unplayable. For what I've paid huh ? Any idea how to disable automation updates of this game ? I simply want to back to first release or make another update to fix it (or maybe not, 'cos you will fix something and break something else..as usual).
#419 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:30:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sadboj52 Go to Quoted Post
Game worked fine for the past few days, now crashes after pressing continue. Anyone found fix?

Same here, was running fine up until today and now constantly crashing to desktop after pressing continue

#420 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:50:15 PM(UTC)
Ok I posted earlier today as my game was consistently crashing whilst loading after pressing 'continue'. I read in a couple of places that having 'mirrors' at extreme in the graphics options causes a crash and to my amazement moving this setting from extreme to ultra has completely fixed my crash and I can now play the game without issue!

I urge anyone else who crashes at this point to try the same. Something in the last patch must have broken this setting because it used to work fine. Why it's not even on the Known Issues list is ridiculous. Hopefully someone who can feed back will take note of this bug but I'm not hopeful.

I should also point out that I am running afterburner with no issues at all so I don't know why they're urging people to not use it.
#421 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:26:22 PM(UTC)
The most infuriating part about this is that it seems to be completely random. I can play for 2 hours straight one day, and then the next thing I know I literally cannot play the game for more than 2 minutes without it crashing. It has nothing to do with heat, and I don't understand how it could have anything to do with memory given that it may not crash for hours, or it may crash on the menu. Settings make no difference. Disabling real-time AV protection makes no difference. Disabling the Windows Game Bar makes no difference. Running in windowed mode makes no difference. Rebooting makes no difference. Increasing the size of the page file makes no difference. Disabling Wi-Fi and playing completely offline makes no difference. Nothing makes any difference. It's like the game just decides when it wants to run and when it doesn't. The patches have not made it any better, and if anything have only made matters worse since performance has decreased with every patch.
#422 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:16:08 PM(UTC)
Impossible run this game today! This situation is insane!!
Unbelievable!!!!
#423 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:38:16 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Profanity & user removed - D]

Edited by user Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:55:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#424 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:59:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: heloder85 Go to Quoted Post
The most infuriating part about this is that it seems to be completely random. I can play for 2 hours straight one day, and then the next thing I know I literally cannot play the game for more than 2 minutes without it crashing. It has nothing to do with heat, and I don't understand how it could have anything to do with memory given that it may not crash for hours, or it may crash on the menu. Settings make no difference. Disabling real-time AV protection makes no difference. Disabling the Windows Game Bar makes no difference. Running in windowed mode makes no difference. Rebooting makes no difference. Increasing the size of the page file makes no difference. Disabling Wi-Fi and playing completely offline makes no difference. Nothing makes any difference. It's like the game just decides when it wants to run and when it doesn't. The patches have not made it any better, and if anything have only made matters worse since performance has decreased with every patch.

are you sharing the game?
same happend to me because i share the game with my brother and 2 friends
if you share you cant play at the same time , but you can play well and without crashes alone
#425 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 12:45:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Pirate Pope Go to Quoted Post

are you sharing the game?
same happend to me because i share the game with my brother and 2 friends
if you share you cant play at the same time , but you can play well and without crashes alone

No.
24 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error