24 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#376 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:27:58 AM(UTC)
Okay so my game was working fine with the fix BEFORE the update. Now after the update it's crashing straight in the menu. I give up.
#377 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:50:02 AM(UTC)
I've been experiencing the same crash on launch issue that so many other people on here have been experiencing. I have tried every fix posted here on the forums as well as their "support" page outlining this issue. Not sure what happened but after the two recent game updates, I decided to try closing EVGA Precision X out (I had already tried this prior to the updates and it didn't work), low and behold, it solved my issue and I was able to launch the game! Just to make sure this was indeed what was causing the issue, I opened the game without Precision X running, and once the game launched, I reopened Precision X. The game immediately crashed when I opened it. Now I know this isn't ideal, as many of us use Precision X to control our GPU fans. And I sure as hell wasn't going to play this game without my GPU fans running. So I did some research and found out that you can install "Nvidia System Tools" and it will enable device settings under your Nvidia Control Panel. You can then use those settings to control your fan settings automatically. The fan curve settings aren't as robust as Precision X's (you can only set 3 fan curve points instead of 6), but it's better than nothing. So this will be my temporary solution until the devs actually acknowledge this major problem and address it properly. I played the game last night for 3 hours without a single crash. And I could still keep my GPU fans running.

https://www.nvidia.com/o.../performance_group.html

Hope this helps!
#378 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:51:50 AM(UTC)

To solve the problem of menu failure, reinstall the game. I also had the problem of the game failing and closing to the desktop, I updated the windows to version 1809 and started to fail in the menu, resented the game and still continued to fail in the middle of the game, then I performed the .bat file procedure and now I can play normally without the problem of the game closing out of nowhere. Sorry for my English.
#379 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 11:10:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpruceOdin3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: McR4e555 Go to Quoted Post

Is it possible to have the Xbox app working as well with the game? Because you can't send invites while that bat file is working.

Try the newest game update. Looks like it fixes the crashes, so you won't need the .bat file.

Nope...
 1 user liked this post.
#380 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 11:26:43 AM(UTC)
MY game ran totally fine UNTIL this last patch, now I simply CANNOT get into the driver's seat. Sometimes it crashes on "WELCOME BACK" other times when I switch menus. It's always a menu issue though. I'm sick and tired of this Playground and Microsoft Studios intro video!
#381 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 11:43:31 AM(UTC)
game updated today and start crashing again...
was fine for 1,5 week

still unplayable....
#382 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 1:50:28 PM(UTC)
Updated graphics drivers - fixed it for me.

Last night when I restarted my computer, windows had an update.
Then Forza had an updated.

Then it stopped working.

THEN graphics driver (nvidia) had an update, did that and it's all working fine again. So, updating my graphics drivers to last nights version fixed it FOR ME.
 1 user liked this post.
#383 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 2:16:32 PM(UTC)
I am losing patience. The game was crashing at the main menu 2 days ago.
I downloaded the whole game again. Everything was working fine...

And today a little update totally broke the game. It crash at the very beginning of the game EVERYTIME!! What's happening with game. I never saw that....
#384 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 2:22:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Krallopian Go to Quoted Post
Updated graphics drivers - fixed it for me.

Last night when I restarted my computer, windows had an update.
Then Forza had an updated.

Then it stopped working.

THEN graphics driver (nvidia) had an update, did that and it's all working fine again. So, updating my graphics drivers to last nights version fixed it FOR ME.

do you still need to use the bat file ?

#385 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 2:48:48 PM(UTC)
When are the devs releasing a patch ?

My game crashes on main menu, and it seems that a lot of players are in the same situation.
#386 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:51:03 PM(UTC)
The game was working so damn fine, but after the update i had a lot of drop frame, i hope they fix it as soon as possible
#387 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 9:32:13 PM(UTC)
I can not launch the game after the last update. The game crashes at menu. I have the updated to the latest nvidia drivers and it's still crashing.
#388 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 7:27:51 AM(UTC)
Maybe some third party antiviruses cause the crashing? I have only windows built-in firewall and antivirus, and no crashes on my side. Give it a try! Oh, and drivers are 399.24.
#389 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 11:09:35 AM(UTC)
Any news from the devs ?
#390 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 11:49:50 AM(UTC)
Maybe some third party antiviruses cause the crashing? I have only windows built-in firewall and antivirus, and no crashes on my side. Give it a try! Oh, and drivers are 399.24.

The only thing that has changed for me is the recent game update, other than that it's exactly the same setup as before. Now the game crashes after a couple of minutes every time.
#391 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:44:29 PM(UTC)
Still not working for me either! after the most recent driver update I managed to play for a bit longer but it started crashing again!! Feels like there is no end in sight :(
#392 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:47:45 PM(UTC)
Sick of this issue, doesn't seem to be solved for me and I downloaded the game while on the PC and I don't have auto off on anyways, just got to the end of race and it crashed but yet I can still hear the music and the talking.... close it off with task manager, go back on, crashes on the loading screen... no errors in event viewer...
#393 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 12:31:08 AM(UTC)
Ok, so my game was working for almost 2 weeks, but after last update its crashing. I just dont get it. When is it going to work normally for everyone?
#394 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:23:29 AM(UTC)
Every time I open my game on my Xbox one it starts up and then gets frozen and crashes and this continuously happens I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but now it doesn’t want to go past the start up screen
#395 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:38:24 AM(UTC)
Maybe found a fix on PC.

1. Turn off the Windows Game Bar (google it!)
2. Set your Windows Desktop Refresh Rate to 60 (google it!)
3. Turn fastboot off (google it!)

Today i could play for almost 3 Hours without a single crash... so i HOPE this fixed it for me...

Try it :)
#396 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 8:15:05 AM(UTC)
Please, tell me if the devs are aware of the crash on main menu that a lot of people have since last update.

I can't believe they haven't communicated about it yet.

It's been more than 3 days waiting for a patch.
#397 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:36:52 AM(UTC)
the only thing works for me is killing explorer.exe
out of the question for long term use
#398 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:54:15 PM(UTC)
Aaaand it´s crashing again. Worked fine last night.. nothing has changed and now in the morning constant crashing.. *sigh*
#399 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 12:29:16 AM(UTC)
If killing exlorer.exe is still useful for you, use this .bat file:

Here is new gorgeous bat file for you. It runs the game, kills the exlorer and STARTS EXPLORER AGAIN WHEN THE GAME IS CLOSED!

So create this bat file:

@echo off

START explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe!SunriseReleaseFinal

TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

:LOOP
TASKLIST | FIND /I "FORZAHORIZON4" >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
GOTO CONTINUE
) ELSE (
ECHO fh4 is still running
TIMEOUT /T 5
GOTO LOOP
)

:CONTINUE

START explorer.exe
EXIT

Put it on desktop, run it and enjoy! Don't be afraid if you see gray screen upon exiting - in 5 seconds maximum explorer will be restarted and you will see your destop.
(Don't forget to press alt+enter if game is not going to fullscreen on it's own!)

It checks whether forza is running each 5 seconds. If you want it to be checked more often, change TIMEOUT /T 5 to other value. E.g. with TIMEOUT /T 1 the script will check whether forza is running each second (so you will see gray screen on exiting for 1 second maximum).

Enjoy!

#400 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 1:50:41 AM(UTC)
I was crashing yesterday, roughly every hour every time I opened the game.

What I did was:

Disable Windows Game Bar & Game DVR
Roll back the Nvidia drivers to the one before the latest

I then had no crashes so then I decided to do a clean install when updating the Nvidia drivers again & keep the Game Bar & Game DVR disabled

Afterwards I was able to play for 4-5 hours or so before I exited the game.

I have a suspicion that with the latest drivers/software, shadowplay (Or the Nvidia overlay) & Game DVR (Or the Game Bar overlay) are causing the game to crash eventually.
Ryzen 1700x @4.0 GHz
Prime X370-PRO
16GB Corsair 3000 MHz
Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 OC'd
24 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error