24 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext
#326 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:40:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChainsawRot Go to Quoted Post
I managed to fix my game!

I tried basically every single thing that had been suggested.. nothing worked, just no result whatsoever. Then started just stabbing in the dark. My fix was making the pagefile bigger, (Initial size: 5000MB, maximum size: 20000MB) and finally the game runs without any crashes whatsoever. I hope this works for someone else too.

i set 16344 mb minimum and 32768 mb maximum but still crashing.
 1 user liked this post.
#327 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:51:17 AM(UTC)

I tried basically every single thing that had been suggested.. nothing worked, just no result whatsoever. Then started just stabbing in the dark. My fix was making the pagefile bigger, (Initial size: 5000MB, maximum size: 20000MB) and finally the game runs without any crashes whatsoever. I hope this works for someone else too.

Dude thank you, i managed to fix my game too. But i think we need a patch anyway

#328 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:43:13 AM(UTC)
posted a message hours ago about how i could be able to play this game, offline only, kind of a long message with links and it didn't got published.

well, sayin shortly now : installed win updates disabler and disabled win update only (to play to a different game with no problems with win 10 updates)

turns out I could play FH4, offline only, but with no possibility to turn on horizon life (the options is greyed out). In fact, I have now an error message in the laucnhing of the game sayin FH4 can't check updates, I press OK and then I can launch the game.

give it a try guys, the app is safe and you can google it : win updates disabler.
 1 user liked this post.
#329 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:37:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HolyHorizon8849 Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys. Yesterday i found 100% fix of random crashes.
Launch game. While its in windowed mode try to kill explorer.exe by task manager - PROFIT.
Then you can play only in windowed mode but totally without crashes!

Totally worked for me! I was finally able to play the game for like 7 hours without a crash!

Here is a .bat file for killing explorer WHILE running the game in fullscreen:

@echo off
TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

(save this as a txt document and rename it in fh4.bat (for example)).

After starting the game wait until it goes fullscreen, after this alt-tab from the game and run this .bat file. Then go to the game again.

It will kill the exlorer in 70 seconds.

(You can't kill the explorer and alt-tab to the game after this, or force the game to run in fullscreen after killing the explorer, that's why this .bat is necessary).

After quitting the game press ctrl-alt-del and select "Quit" and log into your windows account again.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:59:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#330 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 10:02:23 AM(UTC)
There was a duplicate of my post, so I deleted it.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:59:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#331 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:50:22 AM(UTC)
The game crashes at the “Press A to start” screen about half of the time I start the game, but so far never when I actually get in to play.
#332 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 9:29:49 PM(UTC)
I found a solution for my problem.

I reinstalled windows, and now it works really good! so happy i did! or i would have missed out of this insanely nice game!

u can dowload win 10 here: https://www.microsoft.co...tware-download/windows10

and that can creat a booteble USB key you can boot from to reinstall windows. if you are on win 10, the Product key to activate will do it automatically.

It's worth a try!

for more info on how to install windows 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKbR6XT7fcA

hope this helps someone!
#333 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 11:13:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpruceOdin3 Go to Quoted Post
Launch game. While its in windowed mode try to kill explorer.exe by task manager - PROFIT.

Totally worked for me! I was finally able to play the game for like 7 hours without a crash!

@echo off
TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK

After starting the game wait until it goes fullscreen, after this alt-tab from the game and run this .bat file. Then go to the game again.

(You can't kill the explorer and alt-tab to the game after this, or force the game to run in fullscreen after killing the explorer, that's why this .bat is necessary).

After quitting the game press ctrl-alt-del and select "Quit" and log into your windows account again.

thanks a lot, i was able to play hours yesterday with this fix.

forget about my "offline fix" with the win updates disabler.

This fix works online very well.
 4 users liked this post.
#334 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 2:03:52 AM(UTC)
It's funny how this is the largest post on this Technical Difficulties forum, but yet, not a single response from anything that is Turn 10 or the Forza staff... They must be having an absolute blast of an party with the money we spent on this game, knowing we won't be able to play *puts tin foil hat back on*
#335 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:17:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dillerfar94 Go to Quoted Post
I found a solution for my problem.

I reinstalled windows, and now it works really good! so happy i did! or i would have missed out of this insanely nice game!

u can dowload win 10 here: https://www.microsoft.co...tware-download/windows10

and that can creat a booteble USB key you can boot from to reinstall windows. if you are on win 10, the Product key to activate will do it automatically.

It's worth a try!

for more info on how to install windows 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKbR6XT7fcA

hope this helps someone!

I did that couple days ago, but it only fixed online mode for me.
#336 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:45:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nebulaxis Go to Quoted Post

i set 16344 mb minimum and 32768 mb maximum but still crashing.

I just tried this Pagefile "FIX", i was really excited I might finally be able to play the game but it just crashed on me :'(
#337 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 4:45:24 AM(UTC)

@echo off
TIMEOUT /T 70 /NOBREAK

Thanks dude, this worked for me. I played for 2 hours yesterday and 3 hours now without crashes. But when i exit the game the pc freezes(gray screen i cant open task manager or do anything) or restarts itself. Any idea how to fix this?
#338 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:12:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AcK0BraTE Go to Quoted Post

Thanks dude, this worked for me. I played for 2 hours yesterday and 3 hours now without crashes. But when i exit the game the pc freezes(gray screen i cant open task manager or do anything) or restarts itself. Any idea how to fix this?

press ctrl+alt+again then make new process then type explorer
#339 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:17:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TesSiR Go to Quoted Post
Nope - game sharing is not the case. I told you, turn of game bar overlay in windows games settings and everything works super fine, without any error.

Yes, it is. I got tired of it and signed for the Game Pass on my main account and guess what? The game stopped crashing. It works flawlessly now.

A little search online and you'll see it's become common practice of Microsoft to do this to their games. Shared accounts of Sea of Thieves "crash" exactly like FH4, every 15 minutes. Games like GeoW when played online, the same...

So yeah, I have absolutely no doubt now, if you're playing on a shared account the game is "crashing" on purpose.

Sign the free trial of Game Pass using your main account and check yourselves.

I won't condemn Microsoft fro protecting their games, but you know, they could at least let us know that this was going to happen, that way I wouldn't have spent money buying it with friends. :/
#340 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 6:45:25 AM(UTC)
The paging file increasing also fixed the game for me it seems, I just played 2 hours without crashes (before it used to force close after 5 minutes).
 1 user liked this post.
#341 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 7:49:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hardcoremaddoge Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Drophaze Go to Quoted Post

Why not kill explorer.exe in a Fullscreen though? Just press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to open a Task Manager, then switch to it with ALT-TAB, find an explorer.exe and end the process. Switch back.

dunno, do not working for me.

Just create *.bat file with:
TIMEOUT /T 60 /NOBREAK
Taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

and lauch it before start game.

Greetings from Russia))

Ty bro, мир всем местным) :D
#342 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 8:01:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: murilokleine Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it is. I got tired of it and signed for the Game Pass on my main account and guess what? The game stopped crashing. It works flawlessly now.

A little search online and you'll see it's become common practice of Microsoft to do this to their games. Shared accounts of Sea of Thieves "crash" exactly like FH4, every 15 minutes. Games like GeoW when played online, the same...

So yeah, I have absolutely no doubt now, if you're playing on a shared account the game is "crashing" on purpose.

Sign the free trial of Game Pass using your main account and check yourselves.

I won't condemn Microsoft fro protecting their games, but you know, they could at least let us know that this was going to happen, that way I wouldn't have spent money buying it with friends. :/

Playing on a shared account, had lots of crashes since day 1 ultimate edition, 15 mns gameplay not more. But now with the kill explorer bat file, i can play hours with no problems on this same shared account. Maybe shared accounts are more affected, but a fix is possible
#343 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 10:43:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AcK0BraTE Go to Quoted Post

Press ctrl-alt-del, select "Quit", and after this log into your windows account again.

#344 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 11:08:42 AM(UTC)
I played the ultimate edition for some days and then i got the FH301 error but i just passed it and then some days later i crash everytime a luanch it i get the:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2018-10-07 16:19:04
Event ID: 1000
Activity Category: (100)
Level: Wrong
Keywords: classical
User missing
Description:
The error occurred in the program with name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x5babaae8
, the error occurred in the module with the name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x5babaae8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error Shift: 0x0000000000d76db1
Process ID: 0x334c
Program start time: 0x01d45e488e45c72f
Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Full name of incorrect package: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Program ID related to incorrect package SunriseReleaseFinal
Action XML-data:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-07T14:19:04.404812700Z" />
<EventRecordID>1539</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ForzaHorizon4.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>5babaae8</Data>
<Data>ForzaHorizon4.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>5babaae8</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0000000000d76db1</Data>
<Data>334c</Data>
<Data>01d45e488e45c72f</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe</Data>
<Data>dc7b29dc-5b83-49c5-9a9e-76771960873e</Data>
<Data>Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
<Data>SunriseReleaseFinal</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Attachment(s)
Forza game crash.png

What should i do anyone else have this problem?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:33:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#345 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 1:16:25 PM(UTC)
game is also randomly crashing on me on pc, its really annoying and seems to be at save points or trigger events in game running a fresh install on an ssd high settings and everything

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5babaae8
Faulting module name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5babaae8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000002786afc
Faulting process ID: 0x2db0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d45f336cd71a89
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe
Report ID: a128d60a-1bb3-4278-be26-4756ac9ff3af
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.193.24.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal
 1 user liked this post.
#346 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 4:39:32 PM(UTC)
Can we get a fix or answer for this please?
#347 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:39:58 AM(UTC)

Press ctrl-alt-del, select "Quit", and after this log into your windows account again.

That helped thanks. But instead of "Quit" i select "Sign out" and that's it. I can finally play the game without crashes :)
#348 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:59:27 AM(UTC)
on Xbox One S game froze and after 2-3 seconds exited itself to the console homepage again
#349 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:30:05 AM(UTC)
For those who play on shared Account.
If possible, try to get another Account. Two friends and me had the same problems, we tried everything and it didnt work..with game pass no problems..after that we got new accounts to play and now it works..it has to be a problem with the accounts, but i dont know why..if u need more infos -> DM me
#350 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:50:10 AM(UTC)
I tried that batch file "fix", didnt do anything for me :(
24 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error