24 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#301 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:21:36 PM(UTC)
I tried everything guys, every, but game crashes, no way to play. I got my refund, but i'm sad, i really liked the game, but i just can't play it. Maybe after one year i buy it again.
#302 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:30:10 PM(UTC)
We found the solution and potential problem of crashes
 2 users liked this post.
#303 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 1:22:01 AM(UTC)
Still random crashes. In the middle of the race, I'm very angry Microsoft! please fix that. The game is unplayable...
#304 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 1:26:14 AM(UTC)
LI was able to play the game the first day I got it. The day after I installed Windows 10 October update and cleaned up some space. After that Forza4 started to crash as soon as I got in the car to start driving. What happened to me and Str8 UP Kr4zY's post made me remember is that during the clean up I disabled the windows virtual memory/page file. Setting it again to system managed size fixed the crash. Hope that's someone's else issue too.
#305 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:16:21 AM(UTC)
I thought i am lucky one but since the release on 2nd October the problems started...
I have the ultimate pc version and the first 4 days it runs flawless.
Then since 2nd October the game crashed 4-5 times with the "sytem thread exception not handled" error.
Sometimes the game just crash to desktop without any errors...
Ive installed the latest nvidia drivers but without resolving the problem.

Also the online features stated to mess up from time to time.
After leaving one event the car lost any sounds. Switched to another one fixed the problem.
Dont know but in my opinion the mess started with the official release where many new users joined the game.
In the first days of "early realease" of the ultimate version everything worked fine....
#306 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:54:56 AM(UTC)
I posted this earlier this morning on our club site , and thought to post here as well....
Tried game again yesterday and same place, same thing, no picture but seeing speedo and map with all else working. I was very disappointed as can be expected. Well I began grabbing and sharing screen shots to send to Microsoft/T10 guys and for why I don't know, I decided to take a photo as well with in game camera.... Check this out, as soon as I snapped pic of black screen with the speedo and map showing and saved then backed out of camera mode, game took me to road where I have been parked for 2 days and I had complete game again! Was able to go and race etc! What a weird way to trip whatever it was back into game view! I shut box down after some time and rebooted, took me back to game again and all working correctly....not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I'm grateful either way! lol...

As of a few mins ago, game still working correctly...
EVERCOOL56, FOUNDER of EVERCOOL RACING TEAM, established in 2011...
WWW.EVERCOOLRACING.COM
2018 ERT Late Season GT Series Champion

1 user liked this post.
#307 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:34:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Str8 UP Kr4zY Go to Quoted Post
To anyone on PC still struggling, I put together a long solution that worked for me, unlike Microsoft, I'm not randomly guessing at applications that you shouldn't run alongside FH4.

https://forums.forzamoto...Crashes.aspx#post_975325

This... This is actually brilliant. Please do not ever work for Microsoft, because your talents would go to waste there lol (no offence to them, but with all the support we're not getting, what are they even doing then?
#308 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:09:30 AM(UTC)
'm playing on PC and get them only while my wifi is switched on. Every time after 15 minutes. While wifi is switched off i can play for hours without problems.
I've reinstalled windows, the game 3 times, no other programs in background, enabled a paging file, set priority to high etc... Nothing works.
#309 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:15:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Leandroxcem Go to Quoted Post
LI was able to play the game the first day I got it. The day after I installed Windows 10 October update and cleaned up some space. After that Forza4 started to crash as soon as I got in the car to start driving. What happened to me and Str8 UP Kr4zY's post made me remember is that during the clean up I disabled the windows virtual memory/page file. Setting it again to system managed size fixed the crash. Hope that's someone's else issue too.

I disabled the virtual memory/page but still game crashed...
#310 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:56:17 AM(UTC)
If I play solo (offline) everything is fine but when I'm play with Horizon Life (online) game crash every 10-15 minutes. I was trying every fixes from this post and nothing.
I came to the conclusion that the problem is with connect to the microsoft server. I checked the network settings in the xbox app on windows 10. The server conectivity section has a message that it's blocked, and NAT Type: Teredo is unable to qualify. I clicked "Fix It" but it did not work.

I tried a different trick:
Press Windows key + R to open up a Run box. Next, type “powershell“, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter and click on Yes at the next UAC (User Account Control) prompt to open an elevated Powershell window. In the elevated powershell window, type the following commands and press Enter after each

netsh

int teredo

set state servername=win1711.ipv6.microsoft.com.

And that's all. Then I checked the network settings again in the xbox app and finally everything was as it should. The server was connected and the NAT Type was strict.
Yesterday and today I played for 3 hours and I did not have a single crash.
#311 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 6:22:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Banera Go to Quoted Post
If I play solo (offline) everything is fine but when I'm play with Horizon Life (online) game crash every 10-15 minutes. I was trying every fixes from this post and nothing.
I came to the conclusion that the problem is with connect to the microsoft server. I checked the network settings in the xbox app on windows 10. The server conectivity section has a message that it's blocked, and NAT Type: Teredo is unable to qualify. I clicked "Fix It" but it did not work.

I tried a different trick:
Press Windows key + R to open up a Run box. Next, type “powershell“, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter and click on Yes at the next UAC (User Account Control) prompt to open an elevated Powershell window. In the elevated powershell window, type the following commands and press Enter after each

netsh

int teredo

set state servername=win1711.ipv6.microsoft.com.

And that's all. Then I checked the network settings again in the xbox app and finally everything was as it should. The server was connected and the NAT Type was strict.
Yesterday and today I played for 3 hours and I did not have a single crash.

Mine does crash when i play solo, and i tried that virtual memory/paging file fix and that also does not work.
#312 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:49:35 AM(UTC)
Another one with constant crashing here too. Worked fine until yesterday.. after that it´s crash crash crash.. annoying. :(
#313 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:00:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mowicz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Leandroxcem Go to Quoted Post

I disabled the virtual memory/page but still game crashed...

You'll want that enabled and possibly increased, disabling it made it worse/was my issue to begin with. This is my post he's referencing. I hope it helps.

https://forums.forzamoto...PC---Random-Crashes.aspx
#314 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:01:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RBT Bellic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Str8 UP Kr4zY Go to Quoted Post
To anyone on PC still struggling, I put together a long solution that worked for me, unlike Microsoft, I'm not randomly guessing at applications that you shouldn't run alongside FH4.

https://forums.forzamoto...Crashes.aspx#post_975325

This... This is actually brilliant. Please do not ever work for Microsoft, because your talents would go to waste there lol (no offence to them, but with all the support we're not getting, what are they even doing then?

lol thank you, I appreciate it. Just trying to help others out since this was so frustrating to solve in the first place!

#315 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 3:22:04 PM(UTC)
Me and my friend have experienced several crashes during Forzathon Live several times.
Because of this crash I can't get the points of Forzathon Live, and if there are few participants, it causes inconvenience to other players. (And they think I ran away)
I hope they will at least fix this crash.
#316 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:08:56 PM(UTC)
Is there any fix for xbox one x to prevent the game from crashing to dashboard at random intervals ?
 1 user liked this post.
#317 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:19:55 AM(UTC)
Hi guys. Yesterday i found 100% fix of random crashes.
Launch game. While its in windowed mode try to kill explorer.exe by task manager - PROFIT.
Then you can play only in windowed mode but totally without crashes!
#318 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:28:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HolyHorizon8849 Go to Quoted Post
Launch game. While its in windowed mode try to kill explorer.exe by task manager - PROFIT.

Why not kill explorer.exe in a Fullscreen though? Just press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to open a Task Manager, then switch to it with ALT-TAB, find an explorer.exe and end the process. Switch back.

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:37:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#319 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 3:42:52 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I had crashes since day 1 (ultimate edition buyer), and tried EVERYTHING said above. Went back to FH3 coz I was too desperate.

I wanted to play another game, and had to install a program called win updates disabler, so that the game would work.

I went back to FH4, and I could play it for hours (before, crashes were about every 15 minutes). What drew my attention is that I had an error message in the main menu (see the image) saying in english " updates error, impossible to check updates, try later". In the main game, i am not able to chose to play online or offline, I go straight offline with grey forza life (so not able to play online races or forzathon, just offline stuff).

[img=https://imgur.com/Opuz5bb]https://imgur.com/Opuz5bb[/img]

Not saying this a 100% fix, as people claim to say in previous posts, but maybe it will work for you too.

Just in case, this is the link of the win updates disabler

http://www.site2unblock.com/win-updates-disabler/

Hope you guys would find a fix cause this game is great
#320 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:02:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vong1092 Go to Quoted Post

Game was working perfectly fine the last 1.5 days and is crashing withing 5-40mins of gameplay now..

My game was fine until I went to play today, lucky for it to run for a single minute at the moment. Essentially unplayable and I have changed nowt on my PC

Edit - Reinstalled drivers (clean install just drivers/physx as suggested above) and re-applied Inspector profile and it hasn't crashed since...

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 5:40:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#321 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:20:51 AM(UTC)
I managed to fix my game!

I tried basically every single thing that had been suggested.. nothing worked, just no result whatsoever. Then started just stabbing in the dark. My fix was making the pagefile bigger, (Initial size: 5000MB, maximum size: 20000MB) and finally the game runs without any crashes whatsoever. I hope this works for someone else too.
#322 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:13:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Drophaze Go to Quoted Post

Why not kill explorer.exe in a Fullscreen though? Just press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to open a Task Manager, then switch to it with ALT-TAB, find an explorer.exe and end the process. Switch back.

dunno, do not working for me.
#323 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:05:23 AM(UTC)

Yes!
Finally, after doing all advises here this one works and I already play 2H without crashing (record).
User is suspended until 7/21/2292 2:25:54 PM(UTC)
#324 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:14:17 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - each user is allowed only one account on the forums - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:27:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#325 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 7:17:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Drophaze Go to Quoted Post

dunno, do not working for me.

Just create *.bat file with:
TIMEOUT /T 60 /NOBREAK
Taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

and lauch it before start game.

Greetings from Russia))
24 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error