This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 5:07:55 AM(UTC)
When I bought the game I've installed a Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, which in it's turn installed all necessary additions. And this was a mistake!

So if you installed your game by pressing Install button on Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and are not able to launch the game, try following:

1. Go to Forza Horizon 4 Properties
  2. Uninstall all additional content
  3. Uninstall the game itself
  4. Go to MS Store
  5. Press . . . button and select My library
  6. Find Forza Horizon 4 and press install, DO NOT: press install on Ultimate Edition, just a regular one!
  7. Once the game finishes downloading, try it out. Now it should work.
  8. If it works, install all additional content one by one. If not, run wsreset.exe as admin. And redo all of these steps again.

Hope it'll help others

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 7:03:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My rig: i7-8700K @4.9GHz, 32Gb RAM, MSI Gaming X GTX 1080Ti, a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, T300 RS.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:13:05 AM(UTC)
Didn't fix it for me.
#3 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:24:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dkhavilo Go to Quoted Post
When I bought the game I've installed a Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, which in it's turn installed all necessary additions. And this was a mistake!

So if you installed your game by pressing Install button on Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and are not able to launch the game, try following:

1. Go to Forza Horizon 4 Properties
  2. Uninstall all additional content
  3. Uninstall the game itself
  4. Go to MS Store
  5. Press . . . button and select My library
  6. Find Forza Horizon 4 and press install, DO NOT: press install on Ultimate Edition, just a regular one!
  7. Once the game finishes downloading, try it out. Now it should work.
  8. If it works, install all additional content one by one. If not, run wsreset.exe as admin. And redo all of these steps again.

Hope it'll help others

Did this last night. Installed everything fine. Launch the game, crash, go to my library and somehow Car Pass and Ultimate Edition show "Install" when they installed already. Install again and it shows Error or simply does nothing.

Nice try though. Hope it works for some.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
#4 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 11:21:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post

Did this last night. Installed everything fine. Launch the game, crash, go to my library and somehow Car Pass and Ultimate Edition show "Install" when they installed already. Install again and it shows Error or simply does nothing.

You shouldn't click Ultimate Edition at all, it's a bundle and it fails to install correctly in some cases. That's why one should install all contents manually. One of the other packages is also bundle of a 2 smaller once.
My rig: i7-8700K @4.9GHz, 32Gb RAM, MSI Gaming X GTX 1080Ti, a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, T300 RS.
#5 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 11:30:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dkhavilo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheHuskyGT Go to Quoted Post

You shouldn't click Ultimate Edition at all, it's a bundle and it fails to install correctly in some cases. That's why one should install all contents manually. One of the other packages is also bundle of a 2 smaller once.

See, that's the thing. I even tried installing everything manually in different order and it still fails to launch.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p

Notification

Icon
Error