17 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#126 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:40:13 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Just to add some weight to the conversation:

I also use the G920, it works great with FH3 and FM7, but is unusable with FH4. I have in fact reverted to using the controller for now, which is a real shame.

To e more specific about the symptoms of the G920 as it is: huge amounts of under-steer followed by immediate and uncontrollable over-steer, either you spin out or start slowly wobbling around trying to get straight on the road. Oh, and also: no brakes (my brake pedal is quite well broken in, so I don't have to press it super hard in other games either).

Please fix it Turn 10, Horizon is so much more fun with a wheel!

Noty.
 1 user liked this post.
#127 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:29:58 AM(UTC)
I dont know why people are mentioning driver updates for analog devices.

In windows 10, Start menu > type "joy.cpl" > calibrate device. Then you can test each axis and physically see the axis response on the screen.

If it works properly here then it should work properly with any windows game, and you can forget about a driver update.

The game is just a bit buggy at the moment, deadzones are not respected, analog steering sesitivity is way too high. End of story.

Im going to give it one month and if its not fixed then just pack the game in
 1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 7:51:55 AM(UTC)
I have the same problem with my g920, the brakes work at 30% of their potential.

It's a shame that developers don't make a patch to fix this issue.

I'm still waiting for it.
#129 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 10:18:01 AM(UTC)
Deleted.

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 11:57:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#130 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 11:19:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScrumMaster78 Go to Quoted Post
Let's make no mistake. Deadzones are broken with a Logitech G920 wheel.
If the deadzones are working for anyone, can you please post a screenshot showing that your accelerator is going past 95%. Turn telemetry on and show me what settings you have.
Come on guys, go to any other game, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, FH3 and FM7 even, they all work fine.
This one in FH4 is broken.
I read somewhere in another thread there's a hack to do with editing a file to change the zones, will try that, if indeed the only problem is that the game just doesn't save them properly.

Screenshot throttle and braking Screenshot throttle and braking

As requested, screenshots to show that I get 100 % input values for throttle and brake with normal deadzone settings.

I can't get the deadzone setting for brakes (at least) to work at all though, but I don't need it either luckily.

Edit: switched image host from onedrive to dropbox

Edited by user Monday, October 15, 2018 11:23:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: link edit

#131 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 1:12:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ShiveringGunman Go to Quoted Post
If the deadzones are working for anyone, can you please post a screenshot showing that your accelerator is going past 95%. Turn telemetry on and show me what settings you have.
Come on guys, go to any other game, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, FH3 and FM7 even, they all work fine.
I read somewhere in another thread there's a hack to do with editing a file to change the zones, will try that, if indeed the only problem is that the game just doesn't save them properly.

As requested, screenshots to show that I get 100 % input values for throttle and brake with normal deadzone settings.

I can't get the deadzone setting for brakes (at least) to work at all though, but I don't need it either luckily.

Your brake is modified right? I.e. rubber removed.

#132 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:59:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VNX999 Go to Quoted Post

I have not modified it, but I bought it second hand three years ago so who knows.
 1 user liked this post.
#133 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:54:06 AM(UTC)

I have not modified it, but I bought it second hand three years ago so who knows.

Alright, new g920s have a hardware modification that adds to the brake stiffness (a small piece of rubber inside the spring). When you hammer the brake to the point of bending the metal you might get somehere between 30%-60%. This can be solved by adjusting deadzones, and then it works perfectly, except in horizon 4 where the deadzones are broken and have no effect.
There are also people who remove the rubber inside the spring and get a much higher brake reading without working the deadzones. But since logitech have programmed the brake with the rubber mod in mind, its preset with a very steep brake curve. Meaning if you have it removed you have full travel (not intended; a ”real” car with a full travel brake pedal is missing brake fluids, or worse) and a very unreliable brake curve. Maybe its possible to counter that with deadzones...

I hope they fix this with the next patch, lot of people went and bought a g920 for this game. And are currently playing on a controller. Its a really bad look to say the wheel is supported when its obviously not. These same problems have been posted in countless of threads, not only here. And ofcourse to support. Yet they dont even post it as a known issue.
#134 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:37:07 AM(UTC)
I've just read that 6 days ago, a tweet was put out (here: https://t.co/wd2OzhYtqb ) and the advice was to make sure you "update" your firmware on the wheel as your current firmware may be compatible for games that were released 1-2 years ago but not new games. Its deemed as being critical.

Well, the 920 works 100% fine with F1 2018 which was released in August 2018, not 1-2 years ago. Last time i attempted to update the firmware on the 920, two wheels became bricked due to poor firmware updates from Logitech whose support TBH was as good as we're finding here if truth be told.

Whilst i appreciate that posts are being updated (or are they?) you can't tell what issues have been identified (maybe change the colour of the text to identify new issues / resolved issues etc?).

Genuinely feel that its a bit of a farce for a game of held with such high esteem to have very little in the way of resolution; unless there's bigger stuff that we're not aware of?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:37:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#135 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:01:16 PM(UTC)
I’m slightly upset a patch hasn’t been implemented. I thought about returning or selling the game but I'll wait awhile, there might be a fix in the near feature.

I played a couple of games with the Xbox controller I'm absolutely terrible using it.

Please Forza/turn 10/Playground Games/Microsoft please implement a patch.
#136 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:58:38 PM(UTC)
Is there any G920 setting on the pc that allows normal driving? I can not deal with the huge delay of the vehicle's response to the steering wheel! This is especially annoying in the view outside the vehicle, but there is no revelation in the cockpit! I have FM7, FM6, FH3 and there have never been such problems. Can you give your matched settings for G920 ?
#137 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:25:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PCotgrave Go to Quoted Post
I've just read that 6 days ago, a tweet was put out (here: https://t.co/wd2OzhYtqb ) and the advice was to make sure you "update" your firmware on the wheel as your current firmware may be compatible for games that were released 1-2 years ago but not new games. Its deemed as being critical.

Well, the 920 works 100% fine with F1 2018 which was released in August 2018, not 1-2 years ago. Last time i attempted to update the firmware on the 920, two wheels became bricked due to poor firmware updates from Logitech whose support TBH was as good as we're finding here if truth be told.

Whilst i appreciate that posts are being updated (or are they?) you can't tell what issues have been identified (maybe change the colour of the text to identify new issues / resolved issues etc?).

Genuinely feel that its a bit of a farce for a game of held with such high esteem to have very little in the way of resolution; unless there's bigger stuff that we're not aware of?

There isn't new firmware update of G920 on PC since 6 may 2016 ! LOL:

https://support.logitech...-driving-force/downloads
#138 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 12:25:18 AM(UTC)
I honestly didn’t go looking for the firmware.

If that’s the case, I’ll definitely not be updating as I’ve had the wheel since December 2017 and the last firmware bricked the two previous wheels so I’m glad you’ve raised that lol.
#139 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:49:13 AM(UTC)

Thank you for that.
From what I see, you definitely have a modified G920 which also appears to give 100% reading of the throttle when the pedal is fully pressed. Mine doesn't, probably because it is newer and either a) Logitech changed that or b) I haven't mashed the accelerator pedal hard enough to bend the plastic and get 100% reading from it.

Ultimately, a modified G920 is not what I want for countless other games, especially iRacing and Assetto Corsa, therefore I'll live with using the Controller for now.

#140 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:57:18 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone.
In my Horizon 4 driving is also impossible. I just bought xbox and G290 for this game yesterday as i said in my topic.
At first, I thought I was a bad driver or it is so difficult, or my wheel is broken. But after 2 hours i'm sure that this is something wrong with this game.
I really want to to try playing on the steering wheel because this is my first try i my life. I also really love forza game.
Can anybody confirm that the Horizon 3 doesn't have any problem with steering? I thinking about buy it.
And can anybody let me know if this problem is only with G290? Maybe i can buy a different wheel?

And the last question, how this is possible the guys from YouTube driving FH4 so easily on G290 ? Looks like everything works fine !
#141 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:00:11 AM(UTC)

If that’s the case, I’ll definitely not be updating as I’ve had the wheel since December 2017 and the last firmware bricked the two previous wheels so I’m glad you’ve raised that lol.

Have you got some good settings for G920 ? Could you write it to me ?
 1 user liked this post.
#142 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:21:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GraczBolo Go to Quoted Post

There really is no "good" settings for the g920 as it is, the deadzones are broken. We have to wait for a patch.

#143 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:45:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GraczBolo Go to Quoted Post

There really is no "good" settings for the g920 as it is, the deadzones are broken. We have to wait for a patch.

Thanks for the info. Only if Turn 10 is aware of it and if he knows how to fix it? This is the biggest problem. For now, this game can not be played on the steering wheel! It is a pity that they are only interested in children with pads in hand - I hope not. I have FM7, FM6, FH3 and there are no such problems ... Everything is ok.

Edited by user Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:56:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#144 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 1:02:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HARIBO6921 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Old Person 89 Go to Quoted Post
What about that terrible geargrinding sound.
No full clutch input with G920 same for throttle. Outside deadzone dialed back to 20 and still grinding.

It was in the Demo aswell.

Off to a good start here.

this NEEDS to be fixed it’s ruining the whole game for me I hate driving in manual without clutch (the whole reason I bought the wheel is to clutch shift) i can cope with the steering for now after adjusting the settings but the throttle/clutch input needs to be fixed ASAP along with dead zone settings.

you could try tweaking the settings or just play with controllet, it has clutch too. Or keyboard.
#145 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 3:44:11 AM(UTC)
https://download01.logi....aming/G920Update_v43.exe

Here is the Logitech Toolbox software to make sure you have the latest firmware on your G920.

Not that this will fix it because the game desperately needs a patch for the game from developers.

Driving a Land Rover (AWD) last night and it was ridiculous the amount of times it span out of control...
#146 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 6:30:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MichalOsrafin Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone.
In my Horizon 4 driving is also impossible. I just bought xbox and G290 for this game yesterday as i said in my topic.
At first, I thought I was a bad driver or it is so difficult, or my wheel is broken. But after 2 hours i'm sure that this is something wrong with this game.
I really want to to try playing on the steering wheel because this is my first try i my life. I also really love forza game.
Can anybody confirm that the Horizon 3 doesn't have any problem with steering? I thinking about buy it.
And can anybody let me know if this problem is only with G290? Maybe i can buy a different wheel?

And the last question, how this is possible the guys from YouTube driving FH4 so easily on G290 ? Looks like everything works fine !

FM6, FH3, and FH7 all work fine. You have to adjust the brake deadzones in the advanced wheel settings, but everything else works pretty well out of the box. If you want more info on how to tune the advanced settings the following post is a good place to start: https://forums.forzamoto...fully-Helpful-Guide.aspx
#147 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 12:54:37 AM(UTC)
I'm having the same problem with my thustmaster ts-xw.
I have to turn the wheel about 90 degrees left and right before it engages the the wheel of the car in game. So I'm playing with the controller.
#148 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:07:12 AM(UTC)
Same thing on my TM TX. Tried the first drift club event and didn't even make it to first corner it was undriveable. I can't be the car setup or tune as that was fixed by the game. Has any one with a wheel been able to complete a drift event? By the the same event with controller was no problem. Wheel support feels broken and Playground are in denial.
#149 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 7:41:14 AM(UTC)
Oh the drift club stuff is godawful. You can't touch the tune to try to make the car driveable and they're all over the place, unless you set your wheel up as slow as you can and just for drifting with FFB off, etc, and just barely breathe on the throttle (cause the throttle mapping is broken), it's complete waste of time trying them.

It's 10x easier on a keyboard [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D].

Edited by user Saturday, October 20, 2018 1:58:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#150 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 10:59:32 PM(UTC)
Was there any update of the game for PC after October 11 (only Goliath credit glitch)? A lot of time has passed and nothing. I did not notice anything at my place.
17 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error