This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages1234>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:51:15 AM(UTC)
Great news! I missed yesterday's release notes. I'll have to give it a shot.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:40:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gimppy042 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Griffidh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mike3648 Go to Quoted Post
Playing Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Xbox One S.....steering deadzone is not set as previous games. When car sways, after a sharp turn, it goes into a unrecoverable lock & spins out. I have tried various settings, but with no luck. Pretty sure its not terrible driving or surface traction.

I posted this issue on Forza Support & I hope Playground are aware & are working on a patch.
i would encourage others to submit their issue on Forza Support as there's no mention of G920 issue yet in notes:

https://support.forzamot...6474-Known-Wheel-Issues


I have reported the issue. Everyone having this issue needs to report it to get it resolved


I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago. The game is unplayable for me. I'm hoping to enjoy countless hours of FH4 soon. We just need a patch to fix wheel support...


They released an update yesterday that included fixes for the wheels. I just tested it out on a G920, and the game was plenty playable with it. Not only that, but there was a great amount of feeling there as well. It really pays to make sure to check out the threads at the top of this tech support forum.

https://forums.forzamoto...-October-1st--2018.aspx

Here are the settings I found that work very well for me.



Edit: Also, the gear grinding issue; is a long standing problem in Forza games. It happens only when using the in car views. If you use the outside views, such as bonnet or bumper cams; the gear grinding doesn't happen at all.


The problem is that the clutch dead zone can’t be changed and the gears didn’t grind for me at all in any other forza game when set up right 🙁

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:04:34 PM(UTC)
I tried the update and nothing changed for me, the game is still the same, I keep oversteering and my wheel is not really responsive when i Loose control on my ford focus rs
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:17:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HARIBO6921 Go to Quoted Post


The problem is that the clutch dead zone can’t be changed and the gears didn’t grind for me at all in any other forza game when set up right 🙁



The deadzones are all messed up, not just for the clutch.

As for the grinding, that has been going on since FM5's release. But it shows up more prominently in Horizon games for some reason. I remember it was pretty bad in FH2, unless you really slowed down your shifting. But again, it only happens in the in car views. If you are in any view outside of the car, it doesn't do it at all. Whatever it is causing it, I think its related to the animation of the virtual driver.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:16:57 PM(UTC)
I have a similar problem. It seems to me it's not deadzone the problem, but the delay between the wheel and the game. It takes something like half second to replicate on the game our move on the wheel. The faster the car is, the worst the delay get on the game.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:57:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gimppy042 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Griffidh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mike3648 Go to Quoted Post
Playing Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Xbox One S.....steering deadzone is not set as previous games. When car sways, after a sharp turn, it goes into a unrecoverable lock & spins out. I have tried various settings, but with no luck. Pretty sure its not terrible driving or surface traction.

I posted this issue on Forza Support & I hope Playground are aware & are working on a patch.
i would encourage others to submit their issue on Forza Support as there's no mention of G920 issue yet in notes:

https://support.forzamot...6474-Known-Wheel-Issues


I have reported the issue. Everyone having this issue needs to report it to get it resolved


I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago. The game is unplayable for me. I'm hoping to enjoy countless hours of FH4 soon. We just need a patch to fix wheel support...


They released an update yesterday that included fixes for the wheels. I just tested it out on a G920, and the game was plenty playable with it. Not only that, but there was a great amount of feeling there as well. It really pays to make sure to check out the threads at the top of this tech support forum.

https://forums.forzamoto...-October-1st--2018.aspx

Here are the settings I found that work very well for me.



Edit: Also, the gear grinding issue; is a long standing problem in Forza games. It happens only when using the in car views. If you use the outside views, such as bonnet or bumper cams; the gear grinding doesn't happen at all.


That update looks as though it was released on the 1st of October I was having problems on the 2nd
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 11:53:46 AM(UTC)
https://forums.forzamoto...ogitech-G920-Issue.aspx

My thread....steering is fine. Its the god awful braking issues i have along with the clutch grinding....

Submitted a ticket and STILL waiting. I've moaned about Codemasters F1 games previously, however expected more from an Xbox title if truth be told. Poor communication is some respects.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:18:25 PM(UTC)
I don't understand all these people saying their g920 felt great with fh3 and horrible with FH4 hahaha, I have the exact opposite feeling, whatever I did, my wheel felt clunky as hell on fh3 without the fact the game never "remembered" the settings, the second I would hit xbox button, it would forget everything. While on FH4, cranked up Forcefeedback and Understeer force feedback and it was just perfect, long s **** y slides and all. That was on day 1 around 10 am.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:23:14 PM(UTC)
I just tried your setup, geesh are you terminal phase of cancer with no body strenght left ? There's absolutely no feel hahaha it's so loose, Doesn't feel natural at all haha
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:32:15 PM(UTC)
I did a comparison on the 8/10 between FM7, FH3, and FH4 all on the PC with my G29 at default settings (normal steering):

FM7 FFB felt wonderful
FH3 FFB felt wonderful
FH4 FFB felt like a dead weight was swinging on the wheel, when you expect that the wheel would go light (for opposite lock) it tenses up, and when you're driving in grip it seems too loose (lacks road feeling)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:34:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:10:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rainey06au Go to Quoted Post
I did a comparison on the 8/10 between FM7, FH3, and FH4 all on the PC with my G29 at default settings (normal steering):

FM7 FFB felt wonderful
FH3 FFB felt wonderful
FH4 FFB felt like a dead weight was swinging on the wheel, when you expect that the wheel would go light (for opposite lock) it tenses up, and when you're driving in grip it seems too loose (lacks road feeling)


FH3 FFB felt wonderful? You have to be joking. It has literally the worst FFB of any game or sim ever created. Absolutely no counter steer or self steer, you would spin the car and the wheel stayed stationary. FH4 is a massive improvement and i would of never bought the game if it hadn't changed from the joke that was FH3 FFB. Can't comment on FM7 as Assetto is my sim for tracks.

But from what I've herd a lot of the setting changes do absolutely nothing for Logitech wheel users on PC and some changes can result in no FFB at all. Vibration is a massive factor in s*** FFB and should be completely off as well as steering sensitivity on 0 for steering rotation matching your wheels settings. But what I've found works best (On a T300) is everything on 0 and FFB min 100%, FFB scale to 100% for Logitech wheels or lower for preference but then the big change is adding dampening to taste.
i5 4690k (stock clocks)
16GB DDR3 @1900mhz (2x8GB in DC)
GTX 1070 @ 1949mhz Boost 4002mhz Mem
Rank: Driver's Permit
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:45:31 PM(UTC)
They have big problems with wheels, me and my brother play on same pc and on sa logitech g29, just on different accounts and on his account wheel works correctly like he can control menus and he has feedback but when I log into my account there's no feedback, I can't control menus it's like it doesn't recognize g29 only like "you have some wheel" but I dunno when it's same pc :D
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 11:29:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StonerSideways Go to Quoted Post
[quote=rainey06au;972228]

But from what I've herd a lot of the setting changes do absolutely nothing for Logitech wheel users on PC and some changes can result in no FFB at all. Vibration is a massive factor in s*** FFB and should be completely off as well as steering sensitivity on 0 for steering rotation matching your wheels settings. But what I've found works best (On a T300) is everything on 0 and FFB min 100%, FFB scale to 100% for Logitech wheels or lower for preference but then the big change is adding dampening to taste.


Its the same for xbox, advance settings (deadzones at least) dont work at all or not as intended.

Regarding the clutch crunch noise, i found a few cars without the bug. The Spitfire and a range rover. Could it be an rpm related issue?
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 11:36:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mr KKOT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MOhlsson Go to Quoted Post
I have a huge deadspot in center, have too turn 90 degrees left or right to get any respons. Any solutions?


Yeah man, I have the same issue. A huge inner deadzone, even with the setting turned to zero. Hope they fix this soon because it's impossible to drive with this.
They must have changed something during the demo, because in the first days of the demo the wheel worked great. But during the last couple of days the wheel got this daedzone...


+1! Unplayable! Plz fix it Turn 10!!

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:59:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CYCL1NG CYCL3S Go to Quoted Post
I just tried your setup, geesh are you terminal phase of cancer with no body strenght left ? There's absolutely no feel hahaha it's so loose, Doesn't feel natural at all haha


This comment is totally unnecessary, and if I am quite honest; pretty sick as well.

If this response is in regards to the wheel settings I posted previously, then I lowered the FFB to 35% percent on the Xbox one because it was over driving the wheel. This is bad, as it ends up missing and blending forces, and muddies up the information into one big mess. On the PC version with my T300RS wheel, I set it to 100% and use the Thrustmaster software to lower the forces to a reasonable level. If you find the settings too soft, then turn them up, but there is no need to post a disgusting comment like that in response. Have a little empathy for people who actually do have cancer, because it isnt something to joke about and make fun of.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:10:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 3:52:37 AM(UTC)
Just wanted to say that the big deadzone I had is now gone.

Update: plugged it back in just now and the same problem appeared again...

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:40:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:42:48 AM(UTC)
Messing around and found that the clutch "grinding" noise disappears when using the A button to dip the clutch and changing gears via the shifter....revert back to clutch on pedals and crunch!

Still no reply ref the ticket i submitted regards the issues mind you.
Rank: Driver's License
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:17:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PCotgrave Go to Quoted Post
Messing around and found that the clutch "grinding" noise disappears when using the A button to dip the clutch and changing gears via the shifter....revert back to clutch on pedals and crunch!

Still no reply ref the ticket i submitted regards the issues mind you.



Its because the a button is 100%, most pedals are slightly below 100% and since the deadzone is broken we cant adjust that. The default settings on the deadzone is not even working as intended. It seem to be set as for a controller no matter what.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:52:38 AM(UTC)
I'm having similar issues - there's a werid delayed input lag or non-linearity somewhere going over centre - it makes it almost impossible to catch the a standard car if they start sliding even a small amount they will just around - if you throw an armfull of opposite lock on it makes no difference, it's almost like there's a half second delay or so because if it does miraculously catch the car and you straighten up, the car will flick around the other way and spin out from an overcorrection even if you've already got everything straightened up.

As someone else says, you can't even breath on the throttle in most of the cars coming out of a corner until it's dead straight because of it, and you have no chance of playing online because it just turns into a frustrating hell-hole without going and setting up cars specifically for bucketfuls over understeer.

To put it in perspective - it's easier and faster to drive a stock car with the keyboard than it is the wheel.
I know of other people and streamers with the same problem and you can see the lag in the streams between the response of the wheel and the car - and how easily the cars will just throw them off the track. I don't know who's side the problem is on but it's a big issue.

Rank: Driver's License
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:48:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)


As mentioned in above quote, the dead zone settings seem to be off.
I started with Tansfixs settings, and ended up with these which make cars responsive and enjoyable in races:

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20 ( except clutch 90 & e-brake 50)
Vibration- 15
FFB - 50
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 50
Wheel Rotation - 540
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:47:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mike3648 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: transfix Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed is that the default deadzones are way off. The wheel is not responsive because outside dead zone is 100. Same for accel/decel. feels much better already with the below settings

My Fanatec Settings

SENS - Auto
FFB - 30
SHO - off
BR ABS - 80
DRI- off
BRF - 40

IN GAME

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20( still playing with this)
Vibration- 0
FFB - 100
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Rotation - 900 ( still playing with this)


As mentioned in above quote, the dead zone settings seem to be off.
I started with Tansfixs settings, and ended up with these which make cars responsive and enjoyable in races:

All Deadzones Inside - 0
All Deadzones Outside - 20 ( except clutch 90 & e-brake 50)
Vibration- 15
FFB - 50
Center - 100
Wheel Damp - 0
FFB Under - 50
FFB MF - 50
Wheel Rotation - 540


I've tried everything, including the Max Outside dead zones, especially for the braking and it just doesn't impact anything...

Over 24 hours since i submitted a ticket and not even a whiff from "support". Somewhat disappointed if truth be told as i expected more from this franchise.

Still, hope that things are resolved ASAP
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:18:55 PM(UTC)
I just wanted to chime in saying I too have a G920 and it literally is unplayable right now in Forza Horizon 4. I have scoured the forums trying every setting and fix.

I switched back to Forza Horizon 3 for testing and experience none of these same issues.

The most important setting that 'helps' is the steering axis deadzone outside. I have to set that to 20 just to even get the wheel to be manageable on high B class cars. Once I move to A class I simply cannot avoid uncontrollable spin outs from steering.

Changing the deadzone outside in FH3 causes the wheel to be so sensative you can't move it a hair without turning versus FH4 where it makes steering more manageable? What the heck.

I did the same race a dozen times switching between my wheel and the game pad on my Xbox One X in FH4. The faster the car the worse the problem is.

Can others chime in with what wheel, device, and USB port they are using to play with? I see some saying they have no problems or it's fine while some of us are experiencing this.

Here is my setup:

G920 Wheel with Stock Pedals
Xbox One X
Hooked up using Front USB port
Playing at 4K with gaming mode on TV.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:44:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zicious Go to Quoted Post
I just wanted to chime in saying I too have a G920 and it literally is unplayable right now in Forza Horizon 4. I have scoured the forums trying every setting and fix.

I switched back to Forza Horizon 3 for testing and experience none of these same issues.

The most important setting that 'helps' is the steering axis deadzone outside. I have to set that to 20 just to even get the wheel to be manageable on high B class cars. Once I move to A class I simply cannot avoid uncontrollable spin outs from steering.

Changing the deadzone outside in FH3 causes the wheel to be so sensative you can't move it a hair without turning versus FH4 where it makes steering more manageable? What the heck.

I did the same race a dozen times switching between my wheel and the game pad on my Xbox One X in FH4. The faster the car the worse the problem is.

Can others chime in with what wheel, device, and USB port they are using to play with? I see some saying they have no problems or it's fine while some of us are experiencing this.

Here is my setup:

G920 Wheel with Stock Pedals
Xbox One X
Hooked up using Front USB port
Playing at 4K with gaming mode on TV.


I am using a G920 plugged into a rear USB port on an original XBox One. I have tried so many different settings since early access that I have given up for the time being and will enjoy the game with the gamepad until a patch addresses the wheel issues.

It is the same problem others seem to have: losing control in corners despite proper counter-steering. I went back into both Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3 and can counter-steer just fine as usual.

I am also curious about those who say they are not having these issues. Maybe those people have not tried racing any MR cars yet? The issue is less apparent with AWD cars.

In any case, there are clearly dead-zone issues, at the very least, since no-one should ever need to set the outside dead-zone to 20.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:51:50 PM(UTC)
Just so you guys know it’s not a Logitech issue, I’m having the exact same issues with my Thrustmaster TX, also opened a support ticket with no response. I’ve now given up and am just playing with the Xbox controller. Extremely frustrating.
Rank: Driver's License
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:11:07 PM(UTC)
Make sure yous have vibration off. https://youtu.be/lUsP5-g0V_w?t=183

Got my settings almost at a Assetto Corsa level on a T300 @ 900 on PC.

Vibration- 0 (make sure this is off!)
FFB - 55 (change for overall strength, lighter will feel better in corners and should stop wheel clipping)
Center - 0 (does nothing)
Wheel Damp - 0 (add to taste)
FFB Under - 0 (this also does nothing and is always on?)
FFB MF - 100
Wheel Sensitivity - 0 (PC only setting, setting this to 0 will match wheels rotation setting)

i5 4690k (stock clocks)
16GB DDR3 @1900mhz (2x8GB in DC)
GTX 1070 @ 1949mhz Boost 4002mhz Mem
17 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error