This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages<<151617Prev
#401 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 12:27:49 PM(UTC)
Just wanted to mention that I followed the instructions mentioned by lalyrn at the top of page 14. These did make driving SUBSTANTIALLY better on the Xbox One with Forza 7. However there were 3 things I wanted to mention:

1.) FFB Scale - I actually ended up setting this to 85 vs 75. Just didn't feel I was getting enough input back. That being said lalyrn specifically said to tune to your liking :D

2.) Minimum Force - I don't see this option in Forza 7. That being said I just realized I had my g920 replaced a while back so it may not have the latest firmware. I just assumed lalyrn was referring to pneumatic trail scale.

3.) Even with all those settings while it did make it WAY better I still can't seem to control the cars when they break free. When I use the controller I can easily counter-steer and recovery from a pretty fierce slide. However with my G920 even with the slightest slide it seems to just break free so hard no matter the counter-steer you can't correct. To give some more context. When using my controller I could come into a red arrowed turn (I do have breaking arrows turned on) break it free and pretty easily make it through the turn. However with the steering wheel if it's yellow/orange if it breaks free there is no brining it back under control.

I feel like I'm so close to getting there but just can't find that last setting that needs adjustment :(.

Lastly I want to GREATLY show appreciation for lalyrn's patience in dealing with this thread, not giving up, and providing good guidance on how to configure your wheel.
#402 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 10:14:10 AM(UTC)
The oversteer issue is probably what I mentioned before - the game isn't actually picking the wheel up properly and it's fighting you the minute the car slides so corrections feel very slow and clunky - when it's working properly you can glide around sideways without much trouble at all.

However, as can been seen 17 pages and a year of trying to get this fixed, the Devs don't care and the customer support team is a joke, so good luck getting it fixed after they broke it again.

Edited by user Monday, July 15, 2019 8:30:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#403 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:22:47 PM(UTC)
HEY MODS CAN YOU CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD, ITS CLEARLY UNANSWERED.
#404 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 12:23:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Paul Noyes Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to mention that I followed the instructions mentioned by lalyrn at the top of page 14. These did make driving SUBSTANTIALLY better on the Xbox One with Forza 7. However there were 3 things I wanted to mention:

1.) FFB Scale - I actually ended up setting this to 85 vs 75. Just didn't feel I was getting enough input back. That being said lalyrn specifically said to tune to your liking :D

2.) Minimum Force - I don't see this option in Forza 7. That being said I just realized I had my g920 replaced a while back so it may not have the latest firmware. I just assumed lalyrn was referring to pneumatic trail scale.

3.) Even with all those settings while it did make it WAY better I still can't seem to control the cars when they break free. When I use the controller I can easily counter-steer and recovery from a pretty fierce slide. However with my G920 even with the slightest slide it seems to just break free so hard no matter the counter-steer you can't correct. To give some more context. When using my controller I could come into a red arrowed turn (I do have breaking arrows turned on) break it free and pretty easily make it through the turn. However with the steering wheel if it's yellow/orange if it breaks free there is no brining it back under control.

I feel like I'm so close to getting there but just can't find that last setting that needs adjustment :(.

Lastly I want to GREATLY show appreciation for lalyrn's patience in dealing with this thread, not giving up, and providing good guidance on how to configure your wheel.

FM7 had a full overhaul on its ffb system earlier in the year, so the settings (and names for the settings) are completely different to FH4. Hence the missing "minimum force" option in FM7.

With regards to your handling issues when the cars break free, can you add a bit more detail? Things such as what car you are using, what the drive layout is (rear wheel drive as an example), if you was trail breaking or coasting off throttle. Things of that nature. What would ideally help, is if you could provide a video of your driving on the wheel showing this happening, especially if you can have the first page of the telemetry screen open at the same time.
#405 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 11:26:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paul Noyes Go to Quoted Post

FM7 had a full overhaul on its ffb system earlier in the year, so the settings (and names for the settings) are completely different to FH4. Hence the missing "minimum force" option in FM7.

With regards to your handling issues when the cars break free, can you add a bit more detail? Things such as what car you are using, what the drive layout is (rear wheel drive as an example), if you was trail breaking or coasting off throttle. Things of that nature. What would ideally help, is if you could provide a video of your driving on the wheel showing this happening, especially if you can have the first page of the telemetry screen open at the same time.

Thanks for diving into this topic, yet again. My last series of tests was done while utilizing the base special events, the ones that are also utilized during the intro races. I believe I may have some time tonight, so I can publish some video. Just so I'm clear, you're looking for

-Current Wheel Setting Config (I plan to test once using my tweaked version and one using the default)
-Car Telemetry
-Basic info on driving style and car?

I am COMPLETELY at your mercy, so just... tell me what info you want from me. Want to see my wheel calibration tests? Done? Logitech client config. No problem. My top 10 worst fears? Well... that's weird, but okay!
#406 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 11:41:17 AM(UTC)
@GTCv Deimos or Paul Noyes if he ever returns to the forum
If you post the full build and tune of a car you're having trouble with, I'll re-tune it with my wheel and share the new settings for you to try.
Or, join the Forza discord, message me there.

Edited by user Monday, August 12, 2019 11:57:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#407 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 12:54:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumberlessMath Go to Quoted Post
If you post the full build and tune of a car you're having trouble with, I'll re-tune it with my wheel and share the new settings for you to try.

For testing purposes, I literally went back to the primary story missions that were featured in the first race. Specifically the one with the dirt bikes. I don't believe tuning is an option, but I could be mistaken.
#408 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 1:24:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTCv Deimos Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NumberlessMath Go to Quoted Post

For testing purposes, I literally went back to the primary story missions that were featured in the first race. Specifically the one with the dirt bikes. I don't believe tuning is an option, but I could be mistaken.

That will be tough with a wheel, because the default tunes attempt to apply "flat ride" theory to the spring rates. Which is probably ok especially for an AWD rally car, if it wasn't overdamped, even more so at the rear than front, which is what's making it uncontrollable.
#409 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:28:56 AM(UTC)
PLEASE fix this issue. Why does this thread say "answered"? I can't find a single answer from a dev on this issue.
I bought my G920 2 days ago. Up to last night after I updated my windows 10, my wheel started to act weird. LSB and RSB, left and right d-pad didn't work anymore. Reinstalled drivers did a wheel driver clean and my buttons finally worked again. But then my wheel started to pull to the left when I start up the game. It stays in center but if I move it a few mm to the left, it "grabs" the wheel and pulls it hard left until it slams. Zero'd out every setting in the advanced option, saved and adjusted it back and saved it again, suddently it "released" the wheel and centered itself. The wheel still feels cluncky. When steering right, I can feel the wheel trying to center itself and when steering left it feels like the wheel is helping me turn which sends me out in a spin (it does center back went car stops). Do Forza Horizon 4 on PC even support the Logitech G920? It simply does not work as intended, so I guess the answer to that is 'No'. Why are the Devs lying and not providing a solution or a fix to the problem? Do they simply not care? They tell you to post a ticket, and then what? They don't do anything about it, so that doesn't help. They're aware of the issue and have been for a while and they still don't care. This thread is old, no fix, no solution. No nothing.. I'm just really frustrated.. I want to enjoy what I paid for.. :(

Edited by user Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:29:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#410 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 3:58:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Un1q Go to Quoted Post
PLEASE fix this issue. Why does this thread say "answered"? I can't find a single answer from a dev on this issue.
I bought my G920 2 days ago. Up to last night after I updated my windows 10, my wheel started to act weird. LSB and RSB, left and right d-pad didn't work anymore. Reinstalled drivers did a wheel driver clean and my buttons finally worked again. But then my wheel started to pull to the left when I start up the game. It stays in center but if I move it a few mm to the left, it "grabs" the wheel and pulls it hard left until it slams. Zero'd out every setting in the advanced option, saved and adjusted it back and saved it again, suddently it "released" the wheel and centered itself. The wheel still feels cluncky. When steering right, I can feel the wheel trying to center itself and when steering left it feels like the wheel is helping me turn which sends me out in a spin (it does center back went car stops). Do Forza Horizon 4 on PC even support the Logitech G920? It simply does not work as intended, so I guess the answer to that is 'No'. Why are the Devs lying and not providing a solution or a fix to the problem? Do they simply not care? They tell you to post a ticket, and then what? They don't do anything about it, so that doesn't help. They're aware of the issue and have been for a while and they still don't care. This thread is old, no fix, no solution. No nothing.. I'm just really frustrated.. I want to enjoy what I paid for.. :(

If you're playing on PC the G920 isn't supported so it will be glitchy. It's only supported on xbox. For some reason only the G29 and other PC/PlayStation only wheels are supported on PC. It's a bit frustrating because I also bought the G920 and have a TM TX as well but neither work right. Now I'll have to spend more money on a T300 or G29 if I want to use a wheel with this game. It's pretty stupid.
#411 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:07:01 PM(UTC)
Ok...a couple of issues. To totally reinstall the g-hub. Press Windows Key + R, Type %Appdata% and delete the G-Hub folder, Press Windows Key +R, Type %Programdata% and delte the G-Hub Folder. Run Revo Uninstaller and uninstall and the links and reg data. Reboot. Install the latest G-Hub version. That is what Logi group suggested.

In G920/G29 Facebook group I found the following settings and they are the "bomb" and worked great for me on XBOX FH4 ( II haven't tried them in Windows 10 yet)
Vibration to Invert Vertical Look….OFF
Switch Anna/Telemtry ….Telemetry
Switch Horn/Photo …..OFF
Steering Axis Deadzone Inside ….. 0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside …. 100
Steering Linearity … 50
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside … 0
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside … 100
Deceleration Axis Deadz0ne Inside … 0
Deceleration Axis Deadz0ne Outside … 100
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside … 10
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside … 90
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside … 10
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Outside … 100
Vibration Scale *recommended* 0 (I set it to 70)
Force Feedback Scale … 51
Center Spring Scale … 0
Wheel Damper Scale … 60
Force Feedback Maximum Force … 100
Wheel Rotation Angle … 870
#412 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:25:34 PM(UTC)
Hello,

In order to effectively track and process support issues, we will be locking and directing all Support posts to the Support Site.

For Community Support, please visit https://support.forzamotorsport.net
Our current hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 6:00am-3:00pm PST / 9am-6pm EST
Posting in the Forums is not submitting a ticket.

You can find more information here: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst132742_Read-First--How-to-contact-support---Updated-July-26th--2019.aspx

Thank you!

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
17 Pages<<151617Prev

Notification

Icon
Error