This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
16 Pages<<13141516PrevNext
#351 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:42:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MisterBlue 2000 Go to Quoted Post
It's still a terrible experience for me, what settings are you using? The default settings? If not, please could you share your settings?

I've tried the ones recommended by Forza Support:

FFB 60
Spring 0
Damper 0
Min Force 50
Understeer 75
Sensitivity 50
Linearity 50
Inner and outer deadzone 0- 100 on steering, throttle and clutch (if he uses)
Inner - Outer 0 - 70 on brake

Makes very little difference. Normal Steering is terrible, but simulation steering is even worse if that's possible....

I don't know if it'll help as I'm pretty convinced by now it's not a settings issue but rather a bug/fault somewhere, but:

FFB 60
Spring 20 (doesn't seem to work on PC anyway)
Damper 10 (just enough to stop wheel rattling)
Min Force 100 (more force derived from actual pnuematics)
Understeer 25 (less force from static geometery but still enough to stop any weird troughs, dips)
Sensitivity 50 (again, bugged on PC)
Linearity 45
Deadzones for steering 0-100, accel 5-100, brake 1-70

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 11:46:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#352 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 1:34:39 PM(UTC)
Put center spring to 0 and whilst turning hard left under throttle the ffb becomes inverted and pulls the wheel towards full left lock, i posted about this, first post on page 13 of this thread.
this happens on FM7 also but if you put center spring to 1 or higher, it goes away, definately a bug in the ffb code because its shared between both games, logitech g920 tested, im thinking thrustmaster users dont have this bug?
TangoUK
#353 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:00:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TangoUK Go to Quoted Post
Put center spring to 0 and whilst turning hard left under throttle the ffb becomes inverted and pulls the wheel towards full left lock, i posted about this, first post on page 13 of this thread.
this happens on FM7 also but if you put center spring to 1 or higher, it goes away, definately a bug in the ffb code because its shared between both games, logitech g920 tested, im thinking thrustmaster users dont have this bug?
TangoUK

There is something that's not mirrored properly in the tire physics from left to right, I think it's related to that. One-wheel-peels are almost always the left tires, and I have a capture of the FM7 RS3 LMS Rivals at Dubai where in left turns, tire telemetry reads both rear tires at, 0% friction and in right turns, both tires read 80-90%, sometimes both 100+%, even though the right rear tire is completely off the ground. Broken as heck.

Edit: Reading MadBuggy's comment, perhaps unrelated, but still a problem.

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2019 3:14:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#354 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:05:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TangoUK Go to Quoted Post
TangoUK

I noticed the same thing with that. It's easy to reproduce because it does it every time you start the game too, steer more than about halfway left when the game fires up and it just yanks the steering the rest of the way around.

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2019 3:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#355 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:55:23 AM(UTC)
I've actually given up now. The developers aren't taking this seriously.

I've wasted too many hours on this. The game 'officially supports' the G920 but whoever has rubber stamped this obviously did zero testing.

The developers simply need to come out and acknowledge there is an issue and just say whether they are going to fix it or not so everyone isn't wasting their time.

I'm playing dirt rally and project cars 2 now. I'm not going to try forza unless I hear of a concrete fix. Sorry to rant!
 2 users liked this post.
#356 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:04:06 AM(UTC)
Dont apologise, that should be playground games job!, Its the complete lack of acknowledgement that astounds and frustrates me.

It also really harming the games coverage on platforms like Mixer, YouTube & Twitch because non of the sim racing channels will play it!.... such a shame.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:05:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#357 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:47:23 AM(UTC)
If anyone is playing from an Xbox one, the g920 works perfectly there. Settings are shown in my post where I tested the g920 on Xbox and a Windows 10 pc. There is a link to a video that shows the settings I used in the Xbox console.

The issue with the wheel not working properly, is on the pc side of things. The ffb feels clunky, dampened (even with damping set to 0). Just sluggish and not very good. It needs investigating. My previous tweet didn't seem to do anything, so I just retweeted it and tagged Mechberg and Helios. I just wish the support staff on the forum would at least reply to this thread and let us know they are passing this forward for investigation.
#358 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:03:21 AM(UTC)
I'm glad you able to play FH4 with the G920 on the Xbox one but for the rest of us it's a nightmare so please stop saying it works flawlessly because it really doesn't.

I've tried your setting from the previous post and if I enter an off road race with RWD cars and unless I drive at about 20mph it's impossible to stop the cars from spinning out on every corner.

Thank you for posting your settings and trying to help but I don't see how this can just simply be a matter of settings?, do you drive with assists on?, I know you don't drive with Simulation steering (and I don't blame you) but I can't see how you can call this flawless?
 1 user liked this post.
#359 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:50:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hollywooda Go to Quoted Post
I'm glad you able to play FH4 with the G920 on the Xbox one but for the rest of us it's a nightmare so please stop saying it works flawlessly because it really doesn't.

I've tried your setting from the previous post and if I enter an off road race with RWD cars and unless I drive at about 20mph it's impossible to stop the cars from spinning out on every corner.

Thank you for posting your settings and trying to help but I don't see how this can just simply be a matter of settings?, do you drive with assists on?, I know you don't drive with Simulation steering (and I don't blame you) but I can't see how you can call this flawless?

I am afraid I cant do that, as people will see the thread title, and the most recent postings in this thread; and may not always check through the previous pages of the thread. Thereby missing relevant information. By posting up and continuing to point out that there is a significant difference with the G920 via the Xbox one and the PC, I am highlighting that on a specific platform, the wheel behaves completely differently. This shouldn't be the case. I know the force feedback works great on the PC with my T300RS, with zero issues. So that means something, on the PC side, has gone wrong for the G920 specifically. Possibly even other wheels that I can not personally test. The T300RS isnt compatible with the Xbox one console, only on the PC version of FH4. So what if this issue is also present on the TX wheel, or the TMX. Or even the xbox one compatible Fanatec wheels. This could potentially be a much larger issue effect all the xbox compatible wheels when used on the PC with FH4, for all we know. Or could just be effecting the G920 when used on the PC with FH4. Fact is, we dont know. But what we do know is, the G920 works, as I said before; flawlessly on the Xbox one. The issue is clearly on the PC side of the fence, so some unknown reason. Until T10/PG support staff acknowledge this, we have no further information; than what we have been able to discern through player-side testing. Its kinda lucky I have access to a G920 and a T300, in all fairness. Otherwise we wouldn't know that only one platform is effected.

This is the second time you have called into question my driving ability. I have posted THREE videos from FH4 in this thread, two of which show me driving a loop past the horizon festival on fortune island, and driving up the mountain pass. As well as drifting down it, at both 1080° on my T300RS on the PC version of FH4, and at 900°on my G920 on the xbox one version of FH4. Not to mention showing you lap footage and leaderboard screen grabs from FM6, showing you I am fully capable of driving top 50+ times without assists. How many more times am I going to need to prove my in game driving ability to you?

From the last time you called my driving ability into question.
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

Sick to death of people like you around here assuming someone must be 'bad' at driving, just because they have a different experience in game to them; or because they dont give the answers they want to see/hear. You wanna see what I can do in racing games, click my forum signature. It has a hyperlink to my youtube channel. Then you can make your own mind. Or, you know, you can look at my posting history on this very forum. Where you will easily find posts of mine that contain screen captures from of the leaderboards of various forza titles from over the years. Here, I will help you out with 2 of those items. To give you a head start.

https://youtu.be/lZDZoiI0ttQ

I use normal steering in Forza. If Simulation steering is actuate as a steering model, then either T10 hit the jackpot, and every other simulation based racing title of the past decade+ has it badly wrong. Or vice versa. That's the opinion I have held since simulation steering was first added in Forza Motorsport 4.

Next time, drop the attitude. Because it wont get you much help around here, or anywhere else for that matter.

The post I made with a break down of what does what with the wheel settings, which will be very helpful for anyone using the G920 on the Xbox one console with FH4. As well as other wheels on the PC with FH4 (such as the T300RS). This is the post that includes a link to a video my youtube channel, which shows me using my T300RS on the PC from live gameplay footage. (highlighted to make it easier to find). You can see what assists, or lack there of, that I am using in the video.

Your posts are filled with so much misinformation, its not even remotely funny. Yes, its true. Force feedback and wheel support in previous forza titles left a lot to be desired. It was a lack lustre experience all the way. FM4 was ok FFB wise, FM5 saw no improvements. FM6 saw the addition of a really strong damping effect, as well as pneumatic force drop off as soon as traction was lost on the front wheels. With only 'Force Feedback Scale' as the adjustable option, it made the experience on a wheel usable, but awful. Especially when it came to drifting.

FM7 made some dramatic changes, with plenty of different options to adjust. These options, if set appropriately, gave proper aligning forces for the first time. Not to mention the ability to FINALLY turn off that god awful damping effect, and lower the pneumatic force effects. The force feedback felt a lot nicer, but only in regards to aligning forces and weight. Road feel was nonexistent, so left the wheel feeling lifeless. Still, the experience was far superior to FM6 (and every Forza title before it). But they are still missing out automatic wheel rotation soft locking, even with the most recent FFB update FM7 received just before Christmas.

Now we have FH4, and from day one; the FFB has been very good. Not to mention finally having road feel in there. Aligning Forces also seem stronger than the release version FFB of FM7 as well. Its a far better experience overall.

But this is where the issues enter. The names for the FFB adjustment sliders are confusing. This was fixed in FM7 with the recent FFB update, and the new naming convention makes a lot of sense. FH4 still uses the older naming scheme, and it doesn't fit with ANY other racing game. Not to mention a lot of people call for turning off Centre Spring, which I have found in FM7 and FH4 to be a massive mistake.

If you want you wheel to have good aligning forces, which you will need to countersteer effectively. Then you need to have settings that allow that to happen. This, I have to assume, is where people are going wrong. Along with having copious amounts of damping set, with barely any centre spring. But I cant be certain, as very few people will do as I requested; and post up their current settings. But it fits with not being able to anticipate or control the cars once traction is lost.

If you are playing on the Xbox one with either a Logitech or Thrustmaster wheel, then you will need to set 'Force Feedback Scale' to personal taste. I have my G920 set to 75% when I use it along side the Xbox one version of FH4. If you are playing on the PC with a Thrustmaster device, or use a fanatec wheel on either the Xbox or the PC. I highly suggest setting the in game 'Force Feedback Scale' to 100%, and adjusting the 'master gain' on your wheel hardware itself. Such as in the Thrustmaster driver software, or on the fanatec wheel itself. My T300 is set to 60% Master Gain in the driver software, as an example. But in game I have it set to 100%.

Centre spring, as mentioned above. A lot of people turn this off. DONT. This is a dynamic force, which will aid in self aligning while the car is in motion. This is a necessary effect. I have this set on 100 currently, for my T300 and my G920.

Wheel Damper, I also see quite a few people having quite a lot of damping on. This is actually bad, as it adds artificial weight; and saturates the wheel. This reduces the effectiveness of all the other force feedback effects, as well as severely hampering self aligning forces. On a Logitech based wheel, you want this turned to 0%. I also use 0% on my T300. The more powerful wheel you have, the more chance there is you will need some wheel damping; but we are talk small amounts only. Even in that circumstance.

If you want to have good mechanical trail feel, then you need FFB understeer set high. I run this at 100 on both my T300RS, and my G920 wheel. This effect is essential for aligning forces!!!!

Minimum Force is a very confusing option. But it pertains to the pneumatic trail effects. Essentially, tires. If you have this set high, you will get a significant drop off in forces. From what I have experienced in game, this also increases/decreases the weight of the wheel while cornering. I have this set at 20% for my T300, and 30% for my G920.

My wheel rotation, I change here an there. It all depends on what I am driving. I tend to change this more in FM7 than I do in FH4. For the most part, I run full 1080° on my T300RS in FH4. Even while drifting, or doing rally races. 900° for my G920.

FH4 wheel cam footage I just recorded for the sake of this thread. I used a fully stock Shelby GT350, and a drift tuned Mustang. Settings as described above, and wheel rotation at 1080°. You can see in the footage while I am drifting, that the wheels self aligning forces are very good, and very fast - https://youtu.be/RtEpF0y5xUA

People still need to also check their TV's, and make sure any 'Gaming Modes' are turned on. Input lag is a very real issue when it comes to playing games on an LCD/LED/OLED tv set. The input lag that some TV's produce, can make it seem like the wheel isnt responding to what is happening on the screen. It makes it impossible to read the force feedback. The information you receive on the wheel is fine, but what you see on the TV itself is delayed. This causes in massive disconnect, and destroys any hope of a nice experience. Racing games, and FPS games, which are very fast paced; and rely on fast reaction times. Are the main places input lag will be noticed.

Something else to keep in mind. The FFB will feel different in both FM7 and FH4, depending on what car you are driving. Or how that car is set in its tuning. It is not necessarily a good idea to go back into the FFB settings and change everything, as sometimes the different feel between cars/tunes; is correct. Just take out a front engine, rear wheel drive car. Then take out a mid engine rear wheel drive car right after it. Notice the lighter steering feels on the latter engine/drive layout. This is showing the lack of engine weight over the front wheel axle, which is an expected result of the engine layout change.

And the post that very clearly, shows me using the G920 on the Xbox one version of FH4; where the wheel is working flawlessly. Its very important you ACTUALLY WATCH the videos I have posted, again, they are highlighted to make them easier to find.

Ok. So to double check my testing, I hooked up my G920 and loaded FH4 on my Xbox one. On there, the force feedback works as I stated it does in my previous postings. Only thing I had to change in the settings, was the Force Feedback Scale; as I mentioned in my post in regards to the settings. On top of this, I tested the centring effect on the wheel while at a stand still by turning full lock and letting go. The wheel stayed where I left it, as you can see in this video -

https://youtu.be/xfO3lpqPyL8

I also did the same run on Fortune Island, as I did previously with my T300RS -

https://youtu.be/2PPnowtdGng

As you can see, the effects are as I described all along............. But!!!!

In the interest of being thorough, because now I have information on whats happening and where, it just makes sense to double check everything. I plugged the G920 into my PC and loaded up FH4 on there. Now this is where things get interesting, and by interesting. I mean very good for you. There is something wrong, least now there is anyway. For some reason, you are right, the wheel just wants to self centre. It doesn't matter where the centring spring slider is set either, at 0 or at 200, it will always return to centre. On top of this, the Force feedback itself is off as well. Its clunky, and feels dampened and slow; even with damping turned off. As it was in my Xbox one test with the G920, and as it was on my T300RS. I closed the Logitech software, just to make sure it wasn't overriding the wheel; but the G920 on the PC with Horizon 4. Still acted the same.

Because you told me what is happening for you, I was able to better test this; and now we have a point of failure for the G920 with the PC version of Horizon 4. And it is absolutely something that T10/Playground and their support team, needs to investigate. Thank you for finally telling me what I needed to know, because now I can back you up; instead of us bickering at each other. I really hope someone from the support team investigates this issue for you. It is out of the scope of what settings can do, unfortunately. Still, I am pointing T10 support and Chris Esaki on Twitter to this thread (and this post). I hope they check it out.

If possible, I would highly recommend people with a G920 wheel; use it on the Xbox one console itself. The wheel works flawlessly on there. Whatever is happening on the PC version of Horizon 4 with the G920, it definitely needs looking into.

Hopefully this will help - https://twitter.com/ialy...atus/1087837090199621634

You can "beg to differ" all you want!

Well apparently "the G920 works flawlessly on the Xbox one version"

I really beg to differ.

I've put in the leg work to find out where your problem stems from, and to possibly find someway to resolve it. Unfortunately your issue on the PC side of things, isnt fixable by end user settings. Something is broken on the PC side of the fence with the G920, and so far there has not been a single acknowledgement from the support staff yet. Ive tagged a lot of T10 people, as well as Forza support, on Twitter. There has yet to be a single response to it.

Instead of constantly trying to fight me all the time, work with me. And lets try to get someone to acknowledge this thread, and get this issue with the G920 on the PC version of FH4 investigated, and hopefully resolved. So far, I am still the only person trying to help you.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:05:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#360 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:05:32 AM(UTC)
I personally dont care about the PC version, that's not my concern. What is my concern is the broken Xbox One version and you calling it "perfect" & "flawless" is rubbish and what's more is if someone from Playground Games DOES! eventually!! look at this thread they'll see your comments and think, Ohh well they say its flawless! and then ignore the rest of us.

You keep banging on about your driving skills, I don't care. You've made two videos of you driving around the roads on FH4 & some posts of leader boards from another game, again they dont mean
or prove anything.

Can you post a video of you racing, off-road in a RWD car and not spinning out?

I have spent a lot of money on this game & this wheel & I've spent a lot of time!, trying to get it to work properly.

I know you're only trying to help, thanks but i suggest you help the PC problem and leave the Xbox one alone because we aren't going to get any real help if you keep muddying the
waters with you claims of perfection & flawlessness!
#361 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:10:30 AM(UTC)

Not racing, but driving, in this video that has been linked at least twice.
https://youtu.be/2PPnowtdGng?t=169

If you argued that maintaining control is different from being competitive or surviving at all in FH4 PVP, I would agree.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:11:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#362 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:27:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GreatFlea815883 Go to Quoted Post

If you argued that maintaining control is different from being competitive or surviving at all in FH4 PVP, I would agree.

Is that on the Xbox one?, that's very impressive driving.

Do you not have any problems with spinning out?, is that a RWD car?
#363 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:38:28 AM(UTC)
It's lalyrn's video, I merely re-linked it with a timestamp. Xbox one, RWD Ford Mustang GT350, normal steering. I think it's stock.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:15:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling and clarification

#364 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:34:55 AM(UTC)
I personally dont care about the PC version, that's not my concern. What is my concern is the broken Xbox One version and you calling it "perfect" & "flawless" is rubbish and what's more is if someone from Playground Games DOES! eventually!! look at this thread they'll see your comments and think, Ohh well they say its flawless! and then ignore the rest of us.

You keep banging on about your driving skills, I don't care. You've made two videos of you driving around the roads on FH4 & some posts of leader boards from another game, again they dont mean
or prove anything.

I have spent a lot of money on this game & this wheel & I've spent a lot of time!, trying to get it to work properly.

I know you're only trying to help, thanks but i suggest you help the PC problem and leave the Xbox one alone because we aren't going to get any real help if you keep muddying the
waters with you claims of perfection & flawlessness!

Is that on the Xbox one?, that's very impressive driving.

Do you not have any problems with spinning out?, is that a RWD car?

It's lalyrn's video, I merely re-linked it with a timestamp. Xbox one, RWD Ford Mustang GT350, normal steering. I think it's stock.

Whats transpired since my last post, is that you clearly havnt bothered to look at the content of my posts at all. Or look at the videos I posted, one of the G920 videos actually shows the settings I used on the xbox one (I will link it at the bottom of this post). The fact that you can check out a video that GreatFlea linked, and then compliment their driving. Seriously? Not to mention, one of the quoted posts from before has settings for both the G920 on the Xbox one, and the T300RS on the PC. On top of that, you are the one who keeps bringing up challenges over my driving ability. I am just responding to them.

The thing here, that you seem to keep forgetting. Is that I have a PC and an Xbox one, and a T300RS for the PC side of things, and a G920 for the xbox side of things. Plus I have experience with using racing wheels with Forza games, since FM4 on the Xbox 360. This puts me in the unique position of actually been able to help you, if you drop the attitude and work with me. But as I have stressed multiple times, I cant help you if you will not share information on exactly what is happening on your end. If your on the xbox, changing settings and practice will help. The G920 wheel genuinely works on that system, and very well at that. Now you have watched my video that GreatFlea was kind enough to link again, I know you have finally seen the G920 actually working on the Xbox One.

@GreatFlea, The Shelby GT350 was stock.

G920 Xbox One Wheel Settings - https://youtu.be/xfO3lpqPyL8?t=23
#365 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:02:59 PM(UTC)
If it's a bug it's more than plausible that it could affect people with the same setups when it doesn't others.
#366 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:42:13 PM(UTC)
That's why lalyrn has been trying to reach out to PG for an answer, being in the unique position to test both ports with 2 different wheels in 3 total configurations and noting the dissimilarity and apparent dysfunction in the version this thread is about.. XB1+G920. It's strange... I would expect it to be the most common combination.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:43:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#367 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:05:08 PM(UTC)
That's why lalyrn has been trying to reach out to PG for an answer, being in the unique position to test both ports with 2 different wheels in 3 total configurations and noting the dissimilarity and apparent dysfunction in the version this thread is about.. XB1+G920. It's strange... I would expect it to be the most common combination.

The Xbox one/G920 combo is fine, its the PC/G920 combo that is the issue. The FFB on the Xbox one side is smooth, consistent, informative, and for a logitech wheel, precise.

On the PC side of the fence though, the G920 performs very badly. The FFB is very clunky, its not smooth at all. The wheel also feels heavy, like there is a load of damping; even though I have it set to 0. The centre spring does not work at all on the PC version with the G920, and the wheel wants to always self align to centre; even when at a standstill. I know from using my T300 on the PC, that the damper and centre spring both work correctly. Spring and damper also work properly with the G920 on the Xbox one. Its a really strange issue, so I can only imagine there is a coding error specifically in the PC version of FH4; that pertains to the G920.

From my testing

T300RS on the PC version of FH4 is great, smooth, responsive, precise. ( https://youtu.be/RtEpF0y5xUA )

G920 on Xbox one version of FH4 is the same result as the T300RS on the PC version. ( https://youtu.be/2PPnowtdGng )

G920 on the PC version of FH4 is a clunky, dampened, broken mess.

Edit: I link the specific video to the correct wheel/platform combination. To save on further confusion.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:12:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#368 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:37:34 PM(UTC)
Madbuggy is on Xbox? Has he tried driving the stock GT350 with the same settings as you used? It looked a little numb but workable.

Sim steering, for me, was frightfully precise. I felt all of the drama of 2.0+G capable tires and roller-coaster road surfaces.

On gamepad sim steering, you can smack the stick left and right violently to almost no effect. Nothing you do matters until you've already put some rotation into the car, even then it's not very responsive unless you land a jump spinning one way with your wheels turned the other. That's why I was concerned they patched it overnight; I took a RWD Ford GT on race tires (with aero) offroad and had the throttle pinned.. it wouldn't spin, took all the bumps and jumps straight.. the Hoonigan RS200 was giving me a lot of trouble offroad the other day, tank-slappers over whoops non-stop unless I set the front bump damping 0.5 or 1.0 higher than the rear. I'm reinstalling FH4 now to see if it still does the same.. if not.. I'll know for sure.
#369 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:48:45 PM(UTC)
I'm G920 on PC, same as my friends, although one of them is on xbox

I do have a neighbour with a Thrustmaster wheel he uses for FM7 - unfortunately after trying my G920 on FH4 he refuses to buy it so I can't check his, or run my G920 on his xbox to try it.
I did try to run FM7 on mine to see if it's the same in that, but unfortunately FM7 has the common launch bug on my PC and I can't run it.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:33:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#370 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 5:13:07 AM(UTC)
I think it’s clear by now that there IS a problem with the wheels on Xbox! It’s just not affecting everybody! For me, it is suddenly gone. It’s not the case that I suddenly got better in the game! It’s not in the settings either! My settings now are pretty much stock except for the brakes, and I can win most of the races on higher difficulties, where before I couldn't even on the easiest! I couldn’t finish a race without wanting to throw the wheel on the wall.

Now that it works for meI can say that the game is amazing with a wheel... I hope it gets fixed for everybody that haves that problem and that the problem won’t return.

Cheers

Edit: I use a g920 on Xbox one

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2019 5:16:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#371 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:55:42 AM(UTC)
Just keep submitting support tickets about it, they seem to ignore everything else (they seem to ignore support tickets about it too but at least it's logged)
#372 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 1:56:36 PM(UTC)
Right, here's my take on things.
I have put the settings in on my Xbox for the g920 as recommended in this thread and yes they are an improvement over what I had, but,
I can drive around and maintain control most of the time in normal driving mode, however as soon as I enter any race / competition it's like someone put a layer of ice between my tyres and the tarmac, the car won't corner as fast and takes forever to lose speed when breaking and either huts a wall or spins off.
I'm finding unbelievably frustrating as you can't train for a race in a car cos it's a difference of a reasonable amount of control to almost none.
#373 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:41:37 PM(UTC)
I tried to play it again yesterday and yes, I can finaly keep cars on the road without spinning out when going straight. I can't wait for spring now. It works pretty well on Xbox One with G920.
#374 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 2:31:02 PM(UTC)
i know its FM7 but this vid gives a good indication of what the ffb bug is like in FH4, pc user with all the latest drivers/updates, reinstalled drivers and the game several times, each time with the same results,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKc02luiVFw&
so friggin annoying now, i hardly touch FH4 and it used to be great fun.
if i turn centre spring to 1 in FM7 the bug disappears. sadly that isnt the case in FH4.
Tango
 3 users liked this post.
#375 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:45:36 AM(UTC)
Hello,

Could you please submit a ticket on our support site so we can assist?

Thank you Ialyrn for all your assistance here on the forums. We do support the G920 and have done lots of testing on it. If you are still having an issue, make sure you submit a ticket so we can take a look. I personally work with PG on Wheel issues so Ill make sure we get these taken care of :)

Thanks

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
16 Pages<<13141516PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error