This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
#276 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:58:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hollywooda Go to Quoted Post
Do you guys who have no problems play on Xbox or PC?, and do you drive with assists on and simulation steering? All of these factors make a huge difference.

I play on both. I have a Logitech G920 on the Xbox, and a T300RS for use on the PC. I have no issues with either wheel on either platform.

I take it from your lack of response you drive with the training wheels on.
#277 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:31:24 PM(UTC)
Do you guys who have no problems play on Xbox or PC?, and do you drive with assists on and simulation steering? All of these factors make a huge difference.

I play on both. I have a Logitech G920 on the Xbox, and a T300RS for use on the PC. I have no issues with either wheel on either platform.

Sick to death of people like you around here assuming someone must be 'bad' at driving, just because they have a different experience in game to them; or because they dont give the answers they want to see/hear. You wanna see what I can do in racing games, click my forum signature. It has a hyperlink to my youtube channel. Then you can make your own mind. Or, you know, you can look at my posting history on this very forum. Where you will easily find posts of mine that contain screen captures from of the leaderboards of various forza titles from over the years. Here, I will help you out with 2 of those items. To give you a head start.

https://youtu.be/lZDZoiI0ttQ

I use normal steering in Forza. If Simulation steering is actuate as a steering model, then either T10 hit the jackpot, and every other simulation based racing title of the past decade+ has it badly wrong. Or vice versa. That's the opinion I have held since simulation steering was first added in Forza Motorsport 4.

Next time, drop the attitude. Because it wont get you much help around here, or anywhere else for that matter.

#278 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 11:49:56 PM(UTC)

Sick to death of people like you around here assuming someone must be 'bad' at driving, just because they have a different experience in game to them; or because they dont give the answers they want to see/hear. You wanna see what I can do in racing games, click my forum signature. It has a hyperlink to my youtube channel. Then you can make your own mind. Or, you know, you can look at my posting history on this very forum. Where you will easily find posts of mine that contain screen captures from of the leaderboards of various forza titles from over the years. Here, I will help you out with 2 of those items. To give you a head start.

https://youtu.be/lZDZoiI0ttQ

I use normal steering in Forza. If Simulation steering is actuate as a steering model, then either T10 hit the jackpot, and every other simulation based racing title of the past decade+ has it badly wrong. Or vice versa. That's the opinion I have held since simulation steering was first added in Forza Motorsport 4.

Next time, drop the attitude. Because it wont get you much help around here, or anywhere else for that matter.

I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you but this game is broken.

And I think I speak for most people when I say we are also sick of playground games not addressing this.

I made an assumption that you found this game fine because you drive with the assists on and that means it's a very different experience to the rest of us.

It's not about driving well, it's about broken mechanics, if it was just driving Horizons 3 would also be broken but that's not the case that drives very well.

Again I apologise but this is a very frustrating situation and I'd really like to see it addressed and fixed.
#279 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 7:58:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ex Navy Legend Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys. I just wanted to post my experiences with this same issue. I too had similar issues with my G920 wheel. It was hard to control the car, always seem to lose control around simplest corner, and lots of snaking and overcompensation etc.

My wife also plays Forza with me. We played through the whole of Forza Horizon 2 with the G920 and it was fine at default settings (except for dialling down max lock to 600 from 900).

We tried Forza 5 and the wheel was absolutely pants. Was better on Forza 6 and the Forza 7 demos but not bought those games as we prefer Horizon. We missed Horizon 3 as didn't fancy Australia, prefer more green trees etc as in horizon 2 and 4.

Well after 10 mins in Forza Horizon 4 my wife was ready to chuck the whole wheel out of the window I think. I got the game on game pass so was a bit miffed when the wheel didn't work properly but hey ho, I thought well it hasn't cost me anything, maybe they'll fix it for the next Horizon game...

I tried some of the settings that someone (thankyou) above mentioned as in messing with understeer/ oversteer, FFB and vibration. This made it a bit better, but still felt off. Was going to write if off.

But then I also saw somebody mentioned that there might be display lag on my TV causing an issue. I have changed our TV since Horizon 2. We used to have a 15 year old Pioneer plasma TV 720P, no smart features and all picture enhancements disabled.

My new TV is a Samsung 4K HDR TV. Its not a super expensive one, it was £400 used from Ebay. I had another look at this tonight and I did notice something in the in car view/ dash view. When I moved the steering wheel, there was a noticeable delay before the wheel on the TV moved. It was quite a delay and the car also would not move for a bit after steering wheel input. We didn't notice on the outside car view which is the view my wife usually uses but I prefer the in car view.

Well I hunted through the TV settings and sure enough, there is a "game mode". I have never used game mode for anything and we've played several other games (Gears 4, Titanfall 2 etc) since buying the TV with it turned off and not really noticed any problems.

BUT...this seems to have fixed all our problems. The wheel on the TV now turns almost instantly. You can also look for this by simply pressing the pause/map button. Before, there was a delay before the map came up. I thought this was normal. But it isn't, the map should appear pretty much straight away. I went back to the default steering wheel settings (but still dialled down to 600 as in FH2). And it is SO MUCH BETTER. My wife is driving now, she picked up on the difference straight away so if she can notice it, it must be different.

I know this won't fix everyone's issue as we might be having different issues. My G920 is on the 2016 firmware and I've done the brake mod, its been like this since we played FH2 on it. This has totally fixed my issues though and I feel comfortable now playing on default steering wheel settings. We're not the best drivers anyway so if you are pro you might be more sensitive to the wheel than we are but to just play through the single player game and have some fun, we can do this now without crashing at every corner or coming last in every race because we had to drive around at 30mph to stay on the road!!! I just drove around aimlessly for 30 mins and it was great, overtaking cars, getting between cars at over 100mph. Couldn't even go round corners properly before and the snaking has all gone. I guess because we had lag, the game is constantly behind what we're doing, leading to overcompensation and constant steering corrections because the car doesn't react for a while.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting this is a fix or the cause but its worked for us.

I cant underestimate enough how important it is that people check what is suggested here. Input lag on TV's is a very real thing, and can cause the delay/deadzone feeling a lot of people experience in racing games. It all comes down to the response times on the TV in question, and they are all different. The post processing that TV's do to "improve" the picture, can cause a noticable delay. This delay is far easier to miss in some games, but racing games; its very easy to feel when there is a significant lag caused by the TV's post processing. It makes the entire experience feel 'wrong', as the force feedback doesnt make sense to what is happening on the TV. This never used to be an issue on older TV's (rear projection/CRT based TV's), this is an issue created on LCD/LED/OLED TV sets specifically.

I use a gaming grade monitor, as I have my PC and my Xbox in one place. This makes it easy to capture gameplay from my Xbox on my PC, and to swap between games/wheel hardware. Depending on what platform I am playing on, and what game I am using. But because I use a gaming monitor specifically, the response time is far lower than that of a TV set. 1ms response time to be precise. A TV can be anywhere from 20ms, right up to 60 and even 70ms+ in some cases. With gaming mode turned on, the response times do reduce. But still not to the same level that a gaming monitor can achieve. This is because gaming monitors (and PC monitors in general), have limited to none, post processing on them.

Just to show I am not making things up in regards to my setup, and the wheels I own. Which I thing, given last nights messages. Is important for me to show, just to save any other potential disagreements.

My setup as it currently stands -

From before I got my Thrustmaster T300RS wheel, just to show I really do have a G920 -

Further this, I think it is hugely important if people post up their full wheel settings; and what platform they are playing on. There are far to many posting in here, that do not have a single setting posted. I have read through the entire thread before making this post. Leaving these details out, makes it harder for T10 and playground to investigate issues. Due to the significant lack of actual details. Be as descriptive as you can, it actually goes a long way to helping. Even if you believe its a waste of time.

Providing these details, also allows others in the community to provide advice. As sometimes it can be as simple as just having the FFB set up poorly. Which, given the changes between Forza iterations in the past few years; is very easy to do. Even seasoned wheel users like myself, have to spend a lot of time relearning how to set up FFB in a Forza game with each new iteration or FFB system update. I have learnt a lot of patience in this area over the years, as I have been using racing wheels in home gaming since 2000. When you get frustrated setting things up. Take a break, have a cup of tea, and return to it later with a calmer mindset. It helps a lot.

@Hollywooda - Dont worry about it. Just annoyed me is all, as you are not the first person in recent weeks to call into question my experience and skill level with racing games. But I am more than happy to overlook it, given your apology. I certainly understand how frustrating it can be, especially when you feel you are not getting any help from the dev side of things. Its been fairly similar since forever around here, but things are beginning to improve a lot on the dev interaction side of things. Thankfully.

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2019 8:00:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#280 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 9:34:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ex Navy Legend Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys. I just wanted to post my experiences with this same issue. I too had similar issues with my G920 wheel. It was hard to control the car, always seem to lose control around simplest corner, and lots of snaking and overcompensation etc.

My wife also plays Forza with me. We played through the whole of Forza Horizon 2 with the G920 and it was fine at default settings (except for dialling down max lock to 600 from 900).

We tried Forza 5 and the wheel was absolutely pants. Was better on Forza 6 and the Forza 7 demos but not bought those games as we prefer Horizon. We missed Horizon 3 as didn't fancy Australia, prefer more green trees etc as in horizon 2 and 4.

Well after 10 mins in Forza Horizon 4 my wife was ready to chuck the whole wheel out of the window I think. I got the game on game pass so was a bit miffed when the wheel didn't work properly but hey ho, I thought well it hasn't cost me anything, maybe they'll fix it for the next Horizon game...

I tried some of the settings that someone (thankyou) above mentioned as in messing with understeer/ oversteer, FFB and vibration. This made it a bit better, but still felt off. Was going to write if off.

But then I also saw somebody mentioned that there might be display lag on my TV causing an issue. I have changed our TV since Horizon 2. We used to have a 15 year old Pioneer plasma TV 720P, no smart features and all picture enhancements disabled.

My new TV is a Samsung 4K HDR TV. Its not a super expensive one, it was £400 used from Ebay. I had another look at this tonight and I did notice something in the in car view/ dash view. When I moved the steering wheel, there was a noticeable delay before the wheel on the TV moved. It was quite a delay and the car also would not move for a bit after steering wheel input. We didn't notice on the outside car view which is the view my wife usually uses but I prefer the in car view.

Well I hunted through the TV settings and sure enough, there is a "game mode". I have never used game mode for anything and we've played several other games (Gears 4, Titanfall 2 etc) since buying the TV with it turned off and not really noticed any problems.

BUT...this seems to have fixed all our problems. The wheel on the TV now turns almost instantly. You can also look for this by simply pressing the pause/map button. Before, there was a delay before the map came up. I thought this was normal. But it isn't, the map should appear pretty much straight away. I went back to the default steering wheel settings (but still dialled down to 600 as in FH2). And it is SO MUCH BETTER. My wife is driving now, she picked up on the difference straight away so if she can notice it, it must be different.

I know this won't fix everyone's issue as we might be having different issues. My G920 is on the 2016 firmware and I've done the brake mod, its been like this since we played FH2 on it. This has totally fixed my issues though and I feel comfortable now playing on default steering wheel settings. We're not the best drivers anyway so if you are pro you might be more sensitive to the wheel than we are but to just play through the single player game and have some fun, we can do this now without crashing at every corner or coming last in every race because we had to drive around at 30mph to stay on the road!!! I just drove around aimlessly for 30 mins and it was great, overtaking cars, getting between cars at over 100mph. Couldn't even go round corners properly before and the snaking has all gone. I guess because we had lag, the game is constantly behind what we're doing, leading to overcompensation and constant steering corrections because the car doesn't react for a while.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting this is a fix or the cause but its worked for us.

I cant underestimate enough how important it is that people check what is suggested here. Input lag on TV's is a very real thing, and can cause the delay/deadzone feeling a lot of people experience in racing games. It all comes down to the response times on the TV in question, and they are all different. The post processing that TV's do to "improve" the picture, can cause a noticable delay. This delay is far easier to miss in some games, but racing games; its very easy to feel when there is a significant lag caused by the TV's post processing. It makes the entire experience feel 'wrong', as the force feedback doesnt make sense to what is happening on the TV. This never used to be an issue on older TV's (rear projection/CRT based TV's), this is an issue created on LCD/LED/OLED TV sets specifically.

I use a gaming grade monitor, as I have my PC and my Xbox in one place. This makes it easy to capture gameplay from my Xbox on my PC, and to swap between games/wheel hardware. Depending on what platform I am playing on, and what game I am using. But because I use a gaming monitor specifically, the response time is far lower than that of a TV set. 1ms response time to be precise. A TV can be anywhere from 20ms, right up to 60 and even 70ms+ in some cases. With gaming mode turned on, the response times do reduce. But still not to the same level that a gaming monitor can achieve. This is because gaming monitors (and PC monitors in general), have limited to none, post processing on them.

Just to show I am not making things up in regards to my setup, and the wheels I own. Which I thing, given last nights messages. Is important for me to show, just to save any other potential disagreements.

My setup as it currently stands -

From before I got my Thrustmaster T300RS wheel, just to show I really do have a G920 -

Further this, I think it is hugely important if people post up their full wheel settings; and what platform they are playing on. There are far to many posting in here, that do not have a single setting posted. I have read through the entire thread before making this post. Leaving these details out, makes it harder for T10 and playground to investigate issues. Due to the significant lack of actual details. Be as descriptive as you can, it actually goes a long way to helping. Even if you believe its a waste of time.

Providing these details, also allows others in the community to provide advice. As sometimes it can be as simple as just having the FFB set up poorly. Which, given the changes between Forza iterations in the past few years; is very easy to do. Even seasoned wheel users like myself, have to spend a lot of time relearning how to set up FFB in a Forza game with each new iteration or FFB system update. I have learnt a lot of patience in this area over the years, as I have been using racing wheels in home gaming since 2000. When you get frustrated setting things up. Take a break, have a cup of tea, and return to it later with a calmer mindset. It helps a lot.

@Hollywooda - Dont worry about it. Just annoyed me is all, as you are not the first person in recent weeks to call into question my experience and skill level with racing games. But I am more than happy to overlook it, given your apology. I certainly understand how frustrating it can be, especially when you feel you are not getting any help from the dev side of things. Its been fairly similar since forever around here, but things are beginning to improve a lot on the dev interaction side of things. Thankfully.

I think things like input lag from displays is something you should look into in general but that not the issue here, if it was we would be having the same issue with other games, and we aren't.

There is a lot! going on in Horizons 4 with all the weather system & I dont think they've been tested enough with a wheel to make sure that the physics engine works across the board.

The fact the gear grinding sound is still in the game at this point goes to show that nobody at playground games has spent any length of time playing this game with a racing wheel & that's
the real issue here.
#281 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 12:09:41 PM(UTC)
https://support.forzamot...Notes-January-15th-2019

Updating tomorrow, fingers crossed.
Please Forza, make G920 playable, pleaseeee!
#282 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
I recently got the Xbox one x for my son for Christmas.
It came with 4 games, one of which was Forza horizon 4.
The game has fantastic graphics and it is really nice to drive around and look at the scenery, it is really addictive.
We also have recently purchased the Logitech G920, & have found the cars ridiculously easy to lose control and spin out.
I have hunted the web for settings and have tried a few but trying to compete in races the cars seem to lose grip even more easily.
The game is definitely easier to control with the game pad.
Really hoping the new update improves things.
#283 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:29:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DanyHuncho Go to Quoted Post
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360015450953-FH4-Release-Notes-January-15th-2019

Looks like it stills the same after the update (or maybe my settings are bad).
#284 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:38:18 PM(UTC)
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360015450953-FH4-Release-Notes-January-15th-2019

Looks like it stills the same after the update (or maybe my settings are bad).

Which is why I said that people need to post their current wheel/ffb settings up, because no one can help offer suggests without knowing your specific setup. On top of this, people also need to check the settings on their tv screen, and turn on any gaming specific modes.

#285 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:47:01 PM(UTC)
Hey ialyrn, could you post your T300RS settings? I can't for the life of me get this wheel dialed in. :< I'm on PC with a 144hz monitor.

If you could include your Thrustmaster Control Panel settings as well as in-game settings you'd be my hero!
#286 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:16:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zoom zoom doom Go to Quoted Post
Hey ialyrn, could you post your T300RS settings? I can't for the life of me get this wheel dialed in. :< I'm on PC with a 144hz monitor.

If you could include your Thrustmaster Control Panel settings as well as in-game settings you'd be my hero!

Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait a few days for my t300 wheel settings. I won't have a chance to test the new update for fh4, which included updates to the force feedback system. As my mother in law sadly passed away yesterday afternoon. So right now, Forza will be taking a back seat for a few days.

P.s to any t10 support staff and/or moderators. the private message system is ridiculously broken on this forum. I can't delete any private messages that are sent to me, and I can't always reply to messages either.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:16:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#287 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:43:37 AM(UTC)
Yeah it might be an idea for someone who has this game working fine to post their settings rather than a bunch of people who cant play it cluttering up the thread?

Also could you please post what difficulty you play on, assists, simulation, steering rotation. Thank you.
#288 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 5:35:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zoom zoom doom Go to Quoted Post

Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait a few days for my t300 wheel settings. I won't have a chance to test the new update for fh4, which included updates to the force feedback system. As my mother in law sadly passed away yesterday afternoon. So right now, Forza will be taking a back seat for a few days.

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. Take your time and thanks for the reply (:
#289 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:15:06 AM(UTC)
So, I play on Xbox One X with the following settings:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Steering Linearity: 50
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 90
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside: 10
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Vibration Scale: 65
Force Feedback Scale: 68
Center Spring Scale: 114
Wheel Damper Scale: 102
Force Feedback Understeer: 35
Force Feedback Minimum Force: 59
Wheel Rotation Angle: 540

Basic:
Vibration: On

Difficulty:
Braking: ABS ON
Steering: Normal
Traction: On
Stability Control: Off
Damage: Cosmetic
#290 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 11:43:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MisterBlue 2000 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: noradrenaline Go to Quoted Post
Just got this set up for my son. How do you reverse I automatic mode?

Many thanks.

rotters

Does anyone know the answer to this please? Apart from using S on the keyboard? Is there an easy way to reverse? I can't seem to map another button on the steering wheel

Thanks

For the record you DO use the brake pedal, you just have to press VERY hard on the Logitech G920 to reverse... easily missed
#291 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 11:50:10 AM(UTC)
As per my previous posts, I got a Logitech G920 for Christmas and Forza 4 is unplayable with it.

I agree with the other posts that we need to post what platform and what settings, therefore:

I play on PC with a Logitech G920 with DEFAULT settings. The game is unplayable, just spins out of control, I have tried:

Assists on / off with various combinations, simulation etc. It makes virtually NO difference.

I have also tried various settings both in game and on the logitech app, such as 920 to 540 steering, again it makes little difference.

Forza Horizon 3 is exactly the same, I.e. unplayable. It is MARGINALLY better in Forza Motorsport 7, but still not playable however it's slightly more tolerable.

The G920 works PERFECTLY with DiRT 4 on the Xbox one and PERFECTLY with Project Cars 2 on the PC (even with VR).

It's just the forza franchises where things suck.

Does anyone have any DEFINITIVE settings to get the G920 working with Forza 3 / 4 on the PC please?

I am installing forza 4 on the Xbox one to see if it works there.

It's terrible from the developers point of view that the game doesn't play with the G920. I can understand everyone's frustration.

Thanks
#292 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 10:16:56 PM(UTC)
As per my previous posts, I got a Logitech G920 for Christmas and Forza 4 is unplayable with it.

I agree with the other posts that we need to post what platform and what settings, therefore:

I play on PC with a Logitech G920 with DEFAULT settings. The game is unplayable, just spins out of control, I have tried:

Assists on / off with various combinations, simulation etc. It makes virtually NO difference.

I have also tried various settings both in game and on the logitech app, such as 920 to 540 steering, again it makes little difference.

Forza Horizon 3 is exactly the same, I.e. unplayable. It is MARGINALLY better in Forza Motorsport 7, but still not playable however it's slightly more tolerable.

The G920 works PERFECTLY with DiRT 4 on the Xbox one and PERFECTLY with Project Cars 2 on the PC (even with VR).

It's just the forza franchises where things suck.

Does anyone have any DEFINITIVE settings to get the G920 working with Forza 3 / 4 on the PC please?

I am installing forza 4 on the Xbox one to see if it works there.

It's terrible from the developers point of view that the game doesn't play with the G920. I can understand everyone's frustration.

Thanks

Just use the settings I posted above, hope it helps.
I’m using G920 as well.

By the way, if you tune the Mercedes C 63 Coupe, you’ll love it.
Also, turn on the traction control.
 1 user liked this post.
#293 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:27:46 AM(UTC)
I tried to play with Logitech G27 on PC and it is indeed unplayable.

I spent several evenings trying all kinds of different settings, both from the internet and my own, none change the aforementioned issues at all.

- The car is spinning out and doesn't react to countersteering/throttle control at all
- Sometimes while driving straight with high tempo the car pulls to one side and stops reacting to steering input entirely

Dirt Rally, which is supposed to be one of the hardest sim racers around, is working absolutely perfect with the same wheel, even the RWD beasts like Lancia Stratos or BMW M3 evo are controllable and loads of fun to drive after some practice. When you spin out or hit a tree you usually know which mistake you've made. It's never that random "lol what?" kind of feel.

And it's funny, I rarely play with gamepads and never ever played any car driving game with a gamepad before, but after the issues with the wheel in FH4 i thought I'd give it a shot, and I was able to control drifts and catch spins instantly. The random steering off the road in straights is entirely gone as well with gamepad. I tried very low steering degree settings after that to see if the speed from full-left to full-right is the problem but that just felt ridiculous on a wheel and didn't help either.

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2019 12:42:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#294 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:21:19 AM(UTC)
So, i tried it on the Xbox One with the logitech G920 as well.

It's just as bad on the console as it is on the PC. i.e. completely diabolical.

The developers / publishers as well as Logitech themselves are obviously not taking this seriously enough.

I've paid £79 for the game and almost £200 for the steering wheel, that's not far off THREE HUNDRED POUNDS!

And the experience is diabolical.

For the record, my settings on the Xbox one are default. I've tried simulation steering and all different combinations of assists:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 10
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 90
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 95
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 10
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Vibration Scale: 50

#295 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:08:40 AM(UTC)
So, i tried it on the Xbox One with the logitech G920 as well.

It's just as bad on the console as it is on the PC. i.e. completely diabolical.

The developers / publishers as well as Logitech themselves are obviously not taking this seriously enough.

I've paid £79 for the game and almost £200 for the steering wheel, that's not far off THREE HUNDRED POUNDS!

And the experience is diabolical.

For the record, my settings on the Xbox one are default. I've tried simulation steering and all different combinations of assists:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 10
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 90
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 95
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 10
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Vibration Scale: 50

Default FFB settings is why it feels bad. On top of this, you have inside deadzone set on everything. Ideally, you want that at 0/100 for Steering, accel, decel. Steering especially, as a 10% inside deadzone, means the first good few degrees of movement in the wheel; isnt used by the game. Its completely ignored!

I have not tested the game since the new update, so I cant advise on actual settings to use atm; as I dont know what has changed with the FFB. But yeh, default settings will be bad. I would highly suggest that the people in this thread having problems, pop on over to youtube, and search for "Logitech G920 Forza Horizon 4 wheel settings"

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:10:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#296 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:00:58 AM(UTC)
Ok so making some progress on F4 on the PC,

Vibration scale: 0
Force feedback scale: 100
Center spring scale: 1
Wheel damper scale: 0
Force feedback understeer: 25
Force feedback minimum force: 25
Steering sensitivity: 50

Also make sure you use "Normal" steering setting and not "Simulation" under difficulty settings in Forza Horizon 4. Changing default 900 degrees rotation to 600 degrees also helps greatly, you can do that by using Logitech Gaming Software driver.

I got this from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBzZMmddQc

So far Ive managed to drive in open world for more than 5 seconds which is progress. I'm still yet to be convinced that this is perfect (far from it) but will have a proper go on proper races later and compare with using the controller

#297 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 8:19:28 AM(UTC)
Ok so making some progress on F4 on the PC,

Vibration scale: 0
Force feedback scale: 100
Center spring scale: 1
Wheel damper scale: 0
Force feedback understeer: 25
Force feedback minimum force: 25
Steering sensitivity: 50

Also make sure you use "Normal" steering setting and not "Simulation" under difficulty settings in Forza Horizon 4. Changing default 900 degrees rotation to 600 degrees also helps greatly, you can do that by using Logitech Gaming Software driver.

I got this from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBzZMmddQc

So far Ive managed to drive in open world for more than 5 seconds which is progress. I'm still yet to be convinced that this is perfect (far from it) but will have a proper go on proper races later and compare with using the controller

Meh

I tried in a race and gave up.

It's ok driving slowly in the open world but in a race it's terrible. You have to seriously oversteer when going round bends at pace and as soon as you come out of the bend, correct the steering then just spin out of control... Sure I could drive slowly and take it easy and finish LAST! I set everything back to default and used the pad and won the race on Expert difficulty.

I have none of these issues when racing in DiRT 4 on the xbox one or Project Cars 2 on the PC so I'm fairly sure it's not my driving.

Feel like we are all p*ssing in the wind whilst the developers / publishers of the game and the steering wheel manufacturers are coining the money in and doing nothing to fix this.

Back to square one!
#298 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:07:22 PM(UTC)
Yeah I've tried a ton of different settings and suggestions and you might get it working ok for one race and one car but then you'll try another season, a different car and its all gone to **** again.

I can play the game if I ONLY stick to certain cars and if it's off-road it has to be an AWD car.

It's such a shame because I was really looking forward to sliding around the rally races of this game in the snow like Blizzard Mountain FH3 but with the constant spins I now dread the winter season when it comes around.
#299 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:55:16 PM(UTC)
Yeah I've tried a ton of different settings and suggestions and you might get it working ok for one race and one car but then you'll try another season, a different car and its all gone to **** again.

I can play the game if I ONLY stick to certain cars and if it's off-road it has to be an AWD car.

It's such a shame because I was really looking forward to sliding around the rally races of this game in the snow like Blizzard Mountain FH3 but with the constant spins I now dread the winter season when it comes around.

Sigh~ I cant help you, if you wont help yourself and provide information up. Not even T10 or Playground can help you if you dont post that information up. Ive got too much on my plate right now, to waste anymore time on this.

#300 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:30:46 PM(UTC)
If normal steering is "better" or "more realistic", as in, "playable on any hardware across all ranges of human skill and error", why is there still sim steering? They should take it out if it's broken.

I think, Forza isn't modeling tires on road. I think, the car is suspended in space, and provided the wheels are "in contact" with the road, all 4 wheels's forces are calculated and summed, then referred through the CG and roll centers to approximate a sort of simulation.. in "reality" it's full of holes... Just a theory; for why everything, especially opposite lock, feels scripted and numb. Or, the tires have never summed lateral and longitudinal forces properly particularly during large slip ratios and angles (a common sore spot in sims), which has lead the programmers to find "creative" ways of dealing with that, dragging the "physics" further into a void of impossibility and disfunction.

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:31:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

17 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error