This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext
#251 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2018 5:15:08 PM(UTC)
I read recent release notes and known issues, wish the Devs would acknowledge this issue.

I'm a new Xbox owner ( for Xmas ) and got FH4 + Logitech wheel kit... Bought the Xbox just for this combo.

However the game just isn't fun with the wheel. Too hard. Cars are uncontrollable.

Maybe for experienced gamers you've got it dialed. For me, the F7 is way better, easier to drive, I'm finishing top 3 consistently. FH4 I can't finish races any better than last. No fun, always spinning out.

My 12yr old was first to notice that the controller is way easier in FH4... Then I went to look online and there are so many forums saying the same. Lots of folks realising that the wheel kits are no good with FH4.

For now, I'm regretting this purchase. Thank goodness F7 works great. Next, will try Gravel or Dirt.
#252 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 7:41:32 AM(UTC)
Just got this set up for my son. How do you reverse I automatic mode?

Many thanks.

rotters
#253 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:23:38 PM(UTC)
Hi, I am a forza veteran but a complete n00b at Wheels. I got a Logitech g920 for Christmas and was really looking forward to playing with the wheel.

Sadly it's a diabolical experience so far.

I have spent a couple of hours trying.

Basically I just oversteer and spin out all the time. Impossible really unless you are like driving Miss Daisy.

I have tried traction control and stability control on. Tried all 3 steering modes.

Looked at various forums such as here and reddit, but makes very little difference

Is there a definitive guide on how to get the G920 working properly with FH4 or is it a complete non-starter? I have no clue what I'm doing really with wheel settings such as dead zones etc. I've tried changing steering from 900 to 720 to 540 and various other settings but makes zero difference to the problem of spinning out and oversteer....
#254 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:27:21 PM(UTC)
I feel your pain Gilt. Still in the same boat myself.

I'd simply like it to work at a dummies level with turning all assists on and have basic driving fun exploring the maps. But until this is fixed, its not enjoyable at all. I've burned over 20 hours tooling around with settings and calibrations to no end. I think more talented and experienced racers have been able to find a tolerable level of control, but it should not resort to that.

The game reminds me of my 1982 Pontiac Trans AM, the (Knight Rider) car. It was so damn beautiful to look at, but at the same time it was a complete nightmare of repairs. Barely a handful of enjoyable hours driving it.
#255 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:01:44 AM(UTC)
agree everything on top, i bought playseat+g920 and FH4 unplayable on g920, you can spend whole day to adjust settings - but nothing, also patch from turn 10 not solving anything...i'm very dissapointed, FM7 is ok, my friend suggested me to try FH2 or FH3, g920 steering should be ok there.
#256 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:13:36 AM(UTC)
I play on PC with a Microsoft Wheel and i spent a lot of time configuring my wheel.
Someone said it's because the "default" configuration is for XBOX common wheel.
but after a long time i have something not yet perfect but working "as wheel".
What i suggest you is to use the camera view with the hand of your body to start adjust center sensivility and then the max steering but becareful the max steering is not represented as well in the car view. To see the max steering you must see your tires with another camera. But you can have a bug that you won't see your wheels turning with some cameras. So for configuring max steering i needed to Burn and turn : the only view to see if my steering correspond to my mouvement wheel.
Maybe if it can help...
#257 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 4:01:03 PM(UTC)
scaling down the very last setting to something between 0-15 fixed it for me (extreme oversteer and spinning). all the other settings are just for personal feel imo- however, since i didnt remove the rubber in the brake, i set outside brake to around 70.

hope this helps for one or the other

edit: tested with the new mosler all day. NOW i can finally control it. even when its raining

Edited by user Friday, December 28, 2018 4:02:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#258 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 6:07:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: noradrenaline Go to Quoted Post

Many thanks.

rotters

Does anyone know the answer to this please? Apart from using S on the keyboard? Is there an easy way to reverse? I can't seem to map another button on the steering wheel

Thanks
#259 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 6:35:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MisterBlue 2000 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: noradrenaline Go to Quoted Post

Many thanks.

rotters

Does anyone know the answer to this please? Apart from using S on the keyboard? Is there an easy way to reverse? I can't seem to map another button on the steering wheel

Thanks

If you are using automatic gears, it should just be holding the break down to reverse.
#260 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2018 10:25:56 AM(UTC)
Here's my 2 cents. It's not just a Logitech problem the Fanatec's do the same thing. I'm racing the Pro's on the streets and all aids and novice for off road or cross country. Curious huh...while not really. The slippin' and slidin' is in the map. It will never be fixed as they would have to rewrite the whole game. It's an old EA games trick from way back and it's still **** in people off today. If fact it would be interesting to know just how many devs are from the EA crews....the AI missiles...the rubber band steering? I've seen all this before and am so sorry to be seeing it now. If I'm wrong...prove it...patch the steering wheel steering!
#261 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2018 4:19:39 PM(UTC)
well, as long as im driving tarmac, everything is fine, but as soon as im on gravel or grass i loose control with wheel. i believe that the physic is close to fm7, but you always drive tarmac there dont you?

thing is, that the controller steering is so much assisted on loose ground. you can easily check that, when you turn on telemetry and check how far youre steering left and right. this assistance needs to be added for horizon games, to be able to drive on loose ground. othweise you cant be competitve. hopefully there will be something in the near future. i wanna drive this game with clutch, but since i have to swap to controller in teamadventures.....
#262 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 1:39:09 PM(UTC)
I have the Logitech g920 wheel and this game sucked when I bought it in October. Forza 7 works like a charm so I had hope was that it would be fixed. It still sucked in November so I went and bought Forza 3 to see if it worked, and it works fine. So, I waited for them to fix it. And after updating just now and setting my wheel settings back to default it seems to be playable for the first time. Give it a shot.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2018 1:41:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#263 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 8:21:57 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - off topic removed - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:53:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#264 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 6:18:39 PM(UTC)
My G920 is worthless in FH4 as well. I simply cant play this game with a wheel unless I turn the outside deadzone to 20, I'd hardly call this a fix either. Forza Horizon 4 kinda sucks compared to the other Horizons...
#265 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:17:30 PM(UTC)
If you're reading this, please send a ticket in regarding this issue so forza can fix it. The problem still isn't fixed regarding the oversteer and it makes the wheel useless on xbox one. (Dont know how it is on pc.)
#266 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 3:29:47 AM(UTC)
I gave in and turned Simulation steering off and now I find it playable. I dont have any assists on (I actually want to drive the car myself) and I pretty much leave all settings as standard.
I drive with 900 rotation and manual clutch and shift & it actually fun! I win most races on expert.

There are still some cars that are completely undrivable & any RWD car off the tarmac is still a massive pain, but at least I'm able to enjoy it.

Ohh and the grinding gears sound in driver view is STILL! there which goes to show NOBODY! at playground games has played a SECOND! of this game with a racing wheel.
#267 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:13:38 PM(UTC)
I submitted tickets back when the game first launched, heard nothing, they haven't even listed it as an issue to investigate, it's shoddy at best.
#268 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 4:17:42 AM(UTC)
Ive been using the g920 perfectly on horizon 4 with no problems. Ranked off road racing is one wild thing with a wheel but i don’t understand why so many people are having issues? even my buddy said his does the same thing. I don’t know if downloading the logetch gaming software helps but everything is fine here. Try Updating the software and reset the settings and start over adjusting things to your liking. Best of luck.
#269 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:11:11 PM(UTC)
The reason the off road racing is wild is because the cars snap oversteer, same as they do on the tarmac if you push hard enough.

Yes, we can all find settings that we can make work, but it's still twice as hard to drive with a wheel vs controller, and in MP when you're getting rammed all the time, or cross country where you're smashing through things, it just gets insanely frustrating.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:36:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#270 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:25:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MadBuggyOfDoom Go to Quoted Post
The reason the off road racing is wild is because the cars snap oversteer, same as they do on the tarmac if you push hard enough.

Usually this is part of the issue, people pushing hard enough. More often than not, driving the cars far too hard. Exercising hard and very late breaking, jerky and excessive steering, and mashing the throttle out of the turns. It all has a negative effect on the handling, causing big shifts in the weight of the car. Weight transfer is something that Forza handles very well. Horizon is vastly more forgiving then Forza Motorsport, but not by that much. If you poke the cars with a stick, they are going to bite you. Just like a real car would. More often than not, most peoples problems with the handling; can be solved by slowing down. Ditching the constant late breaking, keeping steering movements as smooth and direct as possible; and rolling the throttle back on out of the turns.

Ive used my G920 and a T300 with FH4, and both work very well. The driving in this version of Horizon is an absolute blast on a wheel. Not saying there are not improvements to be made, every single racing game out there needs improvements in wheel functionality. But to say that FH4 is unplayable on a G920 (or any wheel for that matter); is a gross exaggeration.

#271 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:37:26 PM(UTC)
But this issue doesn't actually exist in FM, or Dirt, or PC2, or iRacing, or rFactor...
#272 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:35:35 PM(UTC)
I know alot of people are having issues with the g920 on basically all areas, I myself have either got use to it or have found the sweet spots on basically all cars seemlessly. I can be on fortune mountain and be in the FD Viper or RWD R34 and switch to the outskirt gravel road in a STI or Lancia with very little issues.

At first i know noticed alot of insane donuts and erratic steering (just like everyone else has complained about) with major major osciliation issues that would basically rip the wheel out of my hands while going slow or hitting the brake, I Was able to resolve that 100% on all cars at all speeds.
I can post what i need to and help assist who i can. Posting a plcture would probably be the best. (i know everyone has different driving styles but i know for a fact if your all having issues like your posting than YOUR WELCOME . and im sure some of your small tweaks is better than doing donuts in a 600 hp car or cyclones in the dirt screaming at the tv.)

I SEE alot of different talk on here in regards to the setting will reset after shutting off console or the setting change per car, At fist i thought that was true but once i got the steering inside \ outside "deadzone" , wheel rotation, and steering linerery all down everything seemed to level out.

Keep in mind changing one of these setting will basically change the whole parameter of each other spec.

Its like Modding a real car and tuning it For example. In a real car: My evo with 800CC injectors spraying @70% injector duty cycle will spray "x" amount of fuel, if i change the injector to a 1200cc @ the same 70% injector duty cycle , The injector will flow more fuel than the computer can adjust for until it understands what the value of "x" will be based on a 1200cc flow rate .

-Clint
#273 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:29:23 PM(UTC)
Do you guys who have no problems play on Xbox or PC?, and do you drive with assists on and simulation steering? All of these factors make a huge difference.
#274 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:38:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hollywooda Go to Quoted Post
Do you guys who have no problems play on Xbox or PC?, and do you drive with assists on and simulation steering? All of these factors make a huge difference.

I play on both. I have a Logitech G920 on the Xbox, and a T300RS for use on the PC. I have no issues with either wheel on either platform.
#275 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:14:37 PM(UTC)
Do you drive with assists on what's your set up?
17 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error