This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages123>>Next
 13 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 2:51:59 AM(UTC)
Well, I've struggled through to the autumn stage, thinking my choice of car was the reason, but no, as it turns out steering has been radically changed in FH4 compared to FH3 and FM7 and It completely unplayable with my wheel.

Ridiculous oversteering, super twitchy controls and force feedback constantly snatching the wheel out of my hands for "helping" me corner has made the first few hours of play so frustrating I feel like I want my money back. Heck, even using a straight up xbox controller gives a better driving experience than the wheel right now. I've spent the last 3 hours trying various adjustments to steering dampers, rotation angle, deadzones and linearity and nothing is making it better,

What are other peoples experiences? any wheel settings tips? This is driving me crazy!
#2 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:09:01 AM(UTC)
Does it feel different than the demo? I too have the g920 I'm going to try and get it dialed in later today when I play.
#3 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:21:53 AM(UTC)
Turned down FF and tried different steering difficulty settings ?
 4 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 3:29:32 AM(UTC)
@e36 FTW - Not sure, never played the demo. All I do know is that the driving feels wildly different to previous FH and FM.

@Thobo Yep, have tried dialling down FFB, and adjusted the difficulty settings between easy, normal and simulation.

It just seems that for "normal" road steering, < 5 degrees rotation is needed to steer the car for al but the sharpest of corners and everything else is full lock. Once the care gets a fraction of sway happening, you'll end up in a full lock spin-out.

I'll give it another try tomorrow (and will check in again in the morning) and see if a some sleep will bring enlightenment.
 5 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 3/30/2046 12:28:53 PM(UTC)
#5 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 4:07:24 AM(UTC)
What about that terrible geargrinding sound.
No full clutch input with G920 same for throttle. Outside deadzone dialed back to 20 and still grinding.

It was in the Demo aswell.

Off to a good start here.
 5 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 5:39:39 AM(UTC)
I have a huge deadspot in center, have too turn 90 degrees left or right to get any respons. Any solutions?
Regards MOhlsson

3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:21:51 AM(UTC)
It’s pretty bad with the G920. I switched to a controller within an hour. The worst thing is the oversteer; you cannot do a powerslide with the G920 in this game right now, and if you do, it won’t be pretty. The clutch grinding noise needs fixing too, that’s so annoying.

The G920 isn’t the best piece of equipment, but it worked well in FH2 and FH3... what happened?

Edit: I made some adjustments to the FFB (50) and wheel damper scale (150), seemed to help a lot. Still a lot of oversteer, but I’m at least willing to use the wheel like this.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 7:22:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:07:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MOhlsson Go to Quoted Post
I have a huge deadspot in center, have too turn 90 degrees left or right to get any respons. Any solutions?

Yeah man, I have the same issue. A huge inner deadzone, even with the setting turned to zero. Hope they fix this soon because it's impossible to drive with this.
They must have changed something during the demo, because in the first days of the demo the wheel worked great. But during the last couple of days the wheel got this daedzone...

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 9:27:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:20:52 AM(UTC)
I just have the same issue , the game is just unplayable with my steering wheel Logitech G920 . It just feels horrible , steering is very awful and clutch is cranking non stop even if I am properly using it . The wheel just worked fine in FH3 and FM7 as well , can’t understand why it doesn’t work here . There is a real need for a patch here real soon ...
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:23:06 AM(UTC)
Hope they get this fixed as soon as possible. This is not acceptable.
I was thinking of buying the G920 wheel, but with this it's not going to happen.

Other than that. When the wheel is indeed working. What are your thoughts on this wheel?
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:24:29 AM(UTC)
I just have been struggling playing the first races in the ultimate edition as the game is just unplayable with my steering wheel Logitech G920 . It just feels horrible , steering is very awful and clutch is cranking non stop even if I am properly using it . The wheel just worked fine in FH3 and FM7 as well . There is a real need for a patch here please
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:24:34 AM(UTC)
It's the same with the G29, I guess they didn't test properly with wheels. Rally/Dirt-events are nigh impossible.
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:30:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Old Person 89 Go to Quoted Post
No full clutch input with G920 same for throttle. Outside deadzone dialed back to 20 and still grinding.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering if they fixed this problem from the demo, but apparently they did not.

I can't even launch the game... Why even bother now. As much as I hate this, I will refund. Been expecting this game since announced
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 9:34:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fuglstad92 Go to Quoted Post
Hope they get this fixed as soon as possible. This is not acceptable.
I was thinking of buying the G920 wheel, but with this it's not going to happen.

Other than that. When the wheel is indeed working. What are your thoughts on this wheel?

I have had the wheel in a couple of years now and I'm really glad I bought it. And I don't think this should stop you from buying it. This is just a small problem the Forza team are going to fix in the near future.

2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 2:22:06 PM(UTC)
New Day, Fresh eyes.

I've made the steering a bit more bearable now, at least I am no longer screaming at the monitor. :) From defaults, I have the following set:

Steering Inside Deadzone: 2
FFB Scale: 70
Center Spring: 125
Wheel Damper: 150
FFB Min. Force: 60
Wheel Rotation: 660

Still seeing excessive oversteer, and daring the touch the accelerator coming out of a modest corner sees me veering into inside shoulder if I don't straighten the car up first.
#16 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:58:25 PM(UTC)
FH4 does not come up in the Logitech profile list, (nor does FH3 for that matter). A workmate of mine was telling me today that you need to set a profile for the G29/G920 to use the full 900 degrees rotation, otherwise you will have full steering lock (in-game) with the slightest turn of your wheel. (He found the soultion when he was playing FH3)
It makes sense, but still looking for a work around.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:49:53 AM(UTC)
Playing Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Xbox One S.....steering deadzone is not set as previous games. When car sways, after a sharp turn, it goes into a unrecoverable lock & spins out. I have tried various settings, but with no luck. Pretty sure its not terrible driving or surface traction.

I posted this issue on Forza Support & I hope Playground are aware & are working on a patch.
i would encourage others to submit their issue on Forza Support as there's no mention of G920 issue yet in notes:

https://support.forzamot...6474-Known-Wheel-Issues
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 5:47:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mike3648 Go to Quoted Post
Playing Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on Xbox One S.....steering deadzone is not set as previous games. When car sways, after a sharp turn, it goes into a unrecoverable lock & spins out. I have tried various settings, but with no luck. Pretty sure its not terrible driving or surface traction.

I posted this issue on Forza Support & I hope Playground are aware & are working on a patch.
i would encourage others to submit their issue on Forza Support as there's no mention of G920 issue yet in notes:

This is the right thing to do yes . I just submitted the issue too , and I encourage others too to do the same thing if we want to see in their list that this is being processed as a known issue . Thanks for the tip
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:00:52 AM(UTC)
Game is unbearable on a wheel right now. What happened? My Logitech G920 works perfectly on FM6, FM7, FH2, FH3, etc.

Please FIX THIS ASAP! My four day ultimate access is now shot lol : (
 2 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:12:08 AM(UTC)
Can't get past the first couple of corners in any race without needing to rewind with my G920 on Xbox One, absolutely no support at all. On PC version of FH4 it's much better, but still not particularly good.

Would love to hear a response from the developers here to see if there's any chance of an update or should I just ditch the game now?
 4 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 5:08:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Old Person 89 Go to Quoted Post

this NEEDS to be fixed it’s ruining the whole game for me I hate driving in manual without clutch (the whole reason I bought the wheel is to clutch shift) i can cope with the steering for now after adjusting the settings but the throttle/clutch input needs to be fixed ASAP along with dead zone settings.
#22 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 6:26:29 PM(UTC)
Does anyone think this could be an issue on logitech's end?
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:42:52 AM(UTC)

I have reported the issue. Everyone having this issue needs to report it to get it resolved
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:31:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Griffidh Go to Quoted Post

I have reported the issue. Everyone having this issue needs to report it to get it resolved

I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago. The game is unplayable for me. I'm hoping to enjoy countless hours of FH4 soon. We just need a patch to fix wheel support...
 4 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:38:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Gimppy042 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Griffidh Go to Quoted Post

I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago. The game is unplayable for me. I'm hoping to enjoy countless hours of FH4 soon. We just need a patch to fix wheel support...

They released an update yesterday that included fixes for the wheels. I just tested it out on a G920, and the game was plenty playable with it. Not only that, but there was a great amount of feeling there as well. It really pays to make sure to check out the threads at the top of this tech support forum.

https://forums.forzamoto...-October-1st--2018.aspx

Here are the settings I found that work very well for me.

Edit: Also, the gear grinding issue; is a long standing problem in Forza games. It happens only when using the in car views. If you use the outside views, such as bonnet or bumper cams; the gear grinding doesn't happen at all.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:46:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

17 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error