This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:24:21 PM(UTC)
Rivals is huge part of game with hundreds of cars. It was always in forza and even other games with that much cars.
I really confused because PG say that FH4 will be the game where everyone can play it like he will.
Now it's like months rivals.
Now it makes no sense tuning cars when I can't compare it with others.
That's the only big thing I don't like.
#102 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:47:19 PM(UTC)
When user created routes arrive are people going to want public leaderboards for those as well? I think that would be reasonable, but I can see it becoming like Strava where the number of user created routes has become insane, with far too many minor variations on the same route, like the same circuit starting and finishing in loads of different places around it.
#103 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 4:09:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
When user created routes arrive are people going to want public leaderboards for those as well? I think that would be reasonable, but I can see it becoming like Strava where the number of user created routes has become insane, with far too many minor variations on the same route, like the same circuit starting and finishing in loads of different places around it.

Yes but I don’t expect the Route Creator to have leaderboards like Rivals. I very much doubt there will be saved ghosts to run against.
 2 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:09:59 PM(UTC)
Missing rivals big time. I've done almost all the single player races and can't stand the Team Adventure concept. I basically just play this game because it's new but I'm not having much fun that's for sure.

Bring Back Rivals!!!!!!
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:28:58 AM(UTC)
Class based rivals for each track, for each season, would have been the best way. I can’t state strongly enough that PG needs to implement this ASAP.

Why it isn’t already in the game I can only speculate as to why not. This is a huge step backwards and I sure don’t understand how some will argue that less is better.

The class based rivals was what kept FH3 interesting beyond the first month. Racing the clock, building and tuning for quicker times while comparing it to other racers is ultimately the goal of racing.

I know that PG is very tight lipped about commenting on issues but I sure hope that they are seeing this thread and other opinions on class based rivals. Hopefully they return soon or an explanation as to why they were left out.
 2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:22:41 PM(UTC)
Class based leaderboards, or class based rivals have been a key feature of EVERY Forza game at launch, except for FM7 and FH4.

In the case of FM7, the backlash from fans was so strong that they reinstated them as quickly as they could, and they now have a game worthy of the title.

In Forza Horizon 4, they have not only limited the quantity of events to just one event per track, but they have also removed other important functionality:

Ability to view any player’s ghost.

Ability to save your own replay.

Ability to download any shared setups directly from the leaderboards.

For those new to Forza games it’s also worth mentioning that the range of available car classes has also reduced over time. Early games started at F class.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:23:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 2:33:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SavageFingers1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Your latter option of track leaderboards for every season would be the best. Cross country obstacles change from season to season, the best example of which are the bales of hay in the fields of autumn, correctly missing during Spring.

I do think seasonal rivals would be overkill, and agree with just setting it to 'standard' summer setting.
Think about it, say there are 50 tracks, and you can drive these in 5 different classes. That's 250 event types, now multiply that by 4 seasons...1000 events! xD
Plus, why put yourself through the pain and suffering of doing an asphalt event in Winter..when you can do it in Summer? The leaderboards would be dead! Having the option there would be fine but I can imagine most events being played on Summer then Spring/Autumn.

Simple. It's a challenge. Some people like to challenge themselves. If you don't like a challenge then you don't have to do it. No reason to stop others who do from being able to.

5 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 3:06:42 PM(UTC)
What they have done to rivals has pretty much killed the longevity of this game for me.

I was thinking of maxing out every influence stream.

But if I can't bring myself to do that for rivals then it kills my desire to do the others as well.

I have flicked through the rivals events to find events I want to do. I think there is only a handful.

While spec rivals is awesome as its pick up and play, most of the spec rivals are not match ups that make sense to me or vehicles I care for.

And then when I find a class based event it is sometimes on a track I don't care for or it is still a car type / class combination.

There are not enough events where I can run what I brung and therefore I don't feel like playing. I am pretty much in a maintain mode - enough forzathon points to cover each week and that is it. Don't even feel like getting all FE cars let alone all other cars as well and in most previous games I did complete my car collection.
I blame the ants.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:27:15 PM(UTC)
THIS.

[/quote]

Simple. It's a challenge. Some people like to challenge themselves. If you don't like a challenge then you don't have to do it. No reason to stop others who do from being able to.

[/quote]

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#110 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:29:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
What they have done to rivals has pretty much killed the longevity of this game for me.

I was thinking of maxing out every influence stream.

But if I can't bring myself to do that for rivals then it kills my desire to do the others as well.

I have flicked through the rivals events to find events I want to do. I think there is only a handful.

While spec rivals is awesome as its pick up and play, most of the spec rivals are not match ups that make sense to me or vehicles I care for.

And then when I find a class based event it is sometimes on a track I don't care for or it is still a car type / class combination.

There are not enough events where I can run what I brung and therefore I don't feel like playing. I am pretty much in a maintain mode - enough forzathon points to cover each week and that is it. Don't even feel like getting all FE cars let alone all other cars as well and in most previous games I did complete my car collection.

And this, too. Feel exactly the same.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:25:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#111 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:53:35 AM(UTC)
RIVALS MODE = ENDGAME

Why they do not know it...?
#112 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:30:17 AM(UTC)
...and to add insult to injury, for the first two months the Monthly Rivals tab/box has only featured a single event each month...
#113 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:31:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: O Bleak Genius Go to Quoted Post
Majorly disappointed. The direction we should be moving in is a leaderboard for every car in every class. Sortable. The more stats the better. But we go backward? They can simulate physics and now the weather, but spreadsheets of data are too much? Baffled. Maybe full leaderboards unlock later? I'd hope so because it's day 1, or day -3, and I'm wondering how my attention is going to be kept.

In these games, I build cars, tune and race .... over and over and over. I race ghost after ghost to test the cars. I compare them to each other and I compare them to others of the same type on the leaderboards ... and then I move to the next car. I do this for the full garage, so it takes forever ... it's 95% what I do in the game. So now I can only test my times against myself, and only if I record the times myself, pen and paper, like when I played video games last century? No leaderboards in a driving game with races, no meat and potatoes. Not pleased. I had just recently regained my love for Horizon 3, using rivals alot, and was looking forward to this game, planning to play it the same way. Ironic.

Ww... you're missing o much more in FM7 and FH4

3 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:32:29 AM(UTC)
Rivals leaderboards are the reason why people like myself, the great OHLR Moss and others end up playing this game throughout it's two year lifespan. There is a group of leaderboard chasers who play Rivals for two years trying to stay on top of the leaderboards. Many are right, restricting tracks like they have made it interesting for a while because you got to use cars you wouldn't normally on a level playing field. But now I and many driving buddies are already running out of options and, rather than being able to continue obsessively playing the game are having to find other things to do like write on forums about the game. Yes I am another who loves the precision driving needed to be successful in D Class and started with no options so Rivals in this game has been a downer since day one. Now that most of the Rivals tracks have been done I'm seriously running out of options with this game. I however hear a rumour that the November update (out in a few days I think) might be looking to address this Rivals problem. Here's hoping.. I'm just a bit stumped that they thought that taking away options would be a good idea in the first place... Focus groups before game release if it wasn't that obvious?
#115 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 4:57:48 AM(UTC)
I love the sound of that rumour!

#116 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 10:01:25 AM(UTC)
Will we see a new set of rival class restrictions soon??
Growing bored with the current rivals and desperately need something new to do!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 11:20:51 AM(UTC)
I was thinking, could they not have just one leaderboard per track (ignoring seasons for the moment) and just give us a much wider range of filters?

You could then drive whatever you want to set a time and measure yourself based on the filters you set on the leaderboard.

Examples:
- Want to try and get 1st overall, jump in a tuned X class McLaren Senna
- Want to drive in B class, set the leaderboard filter to B class only and see how you rank in your car of choice
- Want to see who's the fastest in B class in a BMW E36 M3, filter by B class and then that car
- Want to see who's fastest in a stock E36 M3, apply the specific PI score on top of the car and class filter
- Want to see if anyone was faster using the same assists as you, filter by them as well etc. etc. etc.
#118 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 11:40:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GIBBONS ALPHA Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking, could they not have just one leaderboard per track (ignoring seasons for the moment) and just give us a much wider range of filters?

You could then drive whatever you want to set a time and measure yourself based on the filters you set on the leaderboard.

Examples:
- Want to drive in B class, set the leaderboard filter to B class only and see how you rank in your car of choice
- Want to see who's the fastest in B class in a BMW E36 M3, filter by B class and then that car
- Want to see who's fastest in a stock E36 M3, apply the specific PI score on top of the car and class filter
- Want to see if anyone was faster using the same assists as you, filter by them as well etc. etc. etc.

Nice idea but if only one entry is possible per Gamer it wouldn’t work.

We need a leaderboard for each class.

#119 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 12:26:42 PM(UTC)

Examples:

Nice idea but if only one entry is possible per Gamer it wouldn’t work.

We need a leaderboard for each class.

What i would like to see is that when first select a track, then we got class selection for all the classes and for the last part we could choose what kinda car we want to use, one leaderboard for all that class cars and when we have all of these different car types (modern muscle, offroad, gt, hypercars etc) each of those would have own leaderboard also, that would mean that we full have somethink like 30 different leaderboards in each class. Damn that would be a lot of driving to set time of every track and every leaderboard, i would love it.
#120 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 3:47:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

What i would like to see is that when first select a track, then we got class selection for all the classes and for the last part we could choose what kinda car we want to use, one leaderboard for all that class cars and when we have all of these different car types (modern muscle, offroad, gt, hypercars etc) each of those would have own leaderboard also, that would mean that we full have somethink like 30 different leaderboards in each class. Damn that would be a lot of driving to set time of every track and every leaderboard, i would love it.

I prefer this idea more, though slightly impractical since (for example) the Hypercars division wouldn't need D, C, B. A .... leaderboards, and you forgot the seasons.

I still think the best solution would be leaderboards accessed by selecting:

1 Season (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
2 Event Type (Road, Dirt, XC, Street)
3 Event name
4 Class (D to X)

#121 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 3:56:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
There would also be a problem with seasons and weather conditions, though. Do we really want a leaderboard for Track A, in season B, at time of day C, in conditions D, class E, for every possible combination of A / B / C / D / E?

You may not want options but plenty of people do. I'd go even further than that and have an extra leaderboard option to show lap times done in the same car you're in. It's just a database so it's not like it would take a lot to implement.

1 user liked this post.
#122 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 8:44:22 PM(UTC)

Examples:

I LOVE this idea.
I got into the rivals weekly challenges hosted by HLR Moss and it changed FH3 for me 100%. I would pick 4 or 5 oddballs each week and see if I could put say a Lambo LM002 up in the top 100 amidst a field of Alfas in S1.

I too hope they bring back the old Rivals format!
#123 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 8:56:49 PM(UTC)

Examples:

Doing just a filter achieves very little.

Lets say I have driven a Zonda and run a 1.10. I then run a 1.20 in a Peel P50 but because it is slower than my Zonda time it does not get saved.

Therefore if someone runs a Peel P 50 at 16 minutes but everyone else has a car faster than their Peel P50 time then the 16 minute time could be the number 1.

I blame the ants.
#124 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 11:52:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

I prefer this idea more, though slightly impractical since (for example) the Hypercars division wouldn't need D, C, B. A .... leaderboards, and you forgot the seasons.

I still think the best solution would be leaderboards accessed by selecting:

1 Season (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
2 Event Type (Road, Dirt, XC, Street)
3 Event name
4 Class (D to X)

Well yeah, hypercars wouldnt need lower than s1 leaderboard etc but then those classes would only show those classes in this case hypercar class would only be on s1, s2 and x. And that's true that if they bring class rivals then season will be someway part of it. But after all pretty mutch everythink else is better than we have right now. My idea behind leaderboard for every different car type was that there would be so mutch different leaderboards that everyone can drive the car they like and still be competive and it would give some life cars that usually dont use, like vintage racers i wouldnt never use vintage racer if rivals are just d,b,c,a etc. I stop playining fm 7 before it get good rivals so is system over there any different than it was fh3?
#125 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:39:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Examples:

Doing just a filter achieves very little.

Lets say I have driven a Zonda and run a 1.10. I then run a 1.20 in a Peel P50 but because it is slower than my Zonda time it does not get saved.

Therefore if someone runs a Peel P 50 at 16 minutes but everyone else has a car faster than their Peel P50 time then the 16 minute time could be the number 1.

There would have to be the option to save multiple entries by the same user, perhaps one for each different car in each different class so you could enter your Peel in each of the classes it can be tuned for. Tbh I hadn't even considered the current limitation of the system that there was only ever one entry per class for each player.
20 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error