This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:25:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I thought I would hate this. I still would love to have more freedom in rivals.

But I went to one of the rivals events, found the restrictions, bought a car and tuned it and then ran a few laps. In a way its refreshing not having to think through too many cars to find what may work.

I think a possible improvement would be that when they add weekly or monthly rivals events those events are permanently added. While it is still not complete freedom its adding to the pool of events to try.

My idea would be to add all classes like we've always had as well as the rotating weekly challenges. I have no issue with them being added to the game as more options are always better. I have issue with the removal of the old rivals system that a lot of people love.

I know that when I'm finished everything there is to do in single player I spend the rest of my time trying to beat my times on tracks that I enjoy racing on. I spent countless hours running the Goliath in FH3 and was looking forward to doing that with all the longer tracks in this but now I can't and that really lowers the lifespan this game has to me.

I really hope it simply wasn't ready at launch and will be added at a later date rather than being a deliberate omission. If it was deliberate then it's a huge mistake, especially when they would have seen the backlash T10 got for messing with rivals in FM7. How can they see that and think it's a good idea to do the same thing and not expect complaints? I wish someone from PG would address the complaints instead of the usual radio silence we always get.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:26:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 8:36:31 AM(UTC)
Well… It was a long one year fight about Rivals Mode on Forza Motorsport 7, when they released the game with this feature totally messed up. Gamers did their part, showed to developers that time lapping is the core of a racing game. After that it was believed they wouldn’t make the same mistake on future releases. But then Forza Horizon 4 comes and there you are: Rivals Mode with problems again.

There are different types of gamers who buy a racing game: from those who like to take pictures, hanging around with friends, collect things, racing online and yes, the ‘ timelappers’.
Being a timelapper you enter in the Rivals Mode section and see all tracks (ok) with cars, tuning or class restricted. You can’t imagine the frustration those limitations can cause. Honestly, I don’t see much reason to buy an Ultimate version, or a car or vip pass…Why would I do it? You only need the default stock car to do a lot of events. No possibility of trying out a different class, a setup that could help improving performance, nothing.

It’s comprehensible that they wanted to focus on online racing (even though there a lot of complaints about it). You could reduce the prize of Rivals Mode to encourage people doing the online events, no problem, but bringing it down the way you did is just terrible.

Please… fix that issue. Don’t wait a whole year to see players leaving the game (because timelappers are the ones who keep the game alive) to do something. Even The Crew 2 is better than Forza Horizon 4 in that sense. Bring Rivals Mode back to the way it must be!!
 4 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 4:07:22 PM(UTC)
Please bring back our old school rivals. You made a big job on this game. Season is good but how can you not add the real rivals with leaderboard etc.. Lot of tuners/racers need a full access !
Totally weird for a racing game.

Should I be happy with Fortnite dances instead?

Please fix it soon. We're all waiting for Full Rivals
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 4:08:35 PM(UTC)
Please bring back our old school rivals. You made a big job on this game. Season is good but how can you not add the real rivals with leaderboard etc.. Lot of tuners/racers need a full access !
Totally weird for a racing game.

Should I be happy with Fortnite dances instead?

Please fix it soon. We're all waiting for Full Rivals
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 4:32:23 PM(UTC)
I miss my Rivals. : (
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
 3 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 10:31:48 PM(UTC)
hopefully
1. the developer noticed that many ppl miss the old rivals mode
2. fix this in fh4 faster than in fm7 ... :(
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:26:52 AM(UTC)
the Rivals in FH4 -The Mode, there the most aged Players are looking for is at least a cheap copy of the First FM7 Rivalmode Layout!

Why did the turn10 guys do such dump things.
It is an open World Game.why they limited the
Tracks in Rivalmode only for one car?and mostly
in unupgraded condition? Goliath only for a Ferrari without upgrades and open S2 class only???
what is with all the other cars in the lower classes
who are also fine to drive , like in fully Upgraded
d500 or c600.???!!!!!?????
the Thing we are most excited for is completely
destroyed by the developers.
So my great es wish is--please give us back the Original FH3 Rivalmode --with all available Tracks in all 7 classes.

please like & share that Post

we hope for the listening ears of somebody who
can fix these things for the wohle FH4 Community.
 3 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 8:02:31 AM(UTC)
I just tried rivals in fh4 for the first time I was so disappointed I closed the game. I like the idea of having restrictions and rotating challenges but why would you take out the core concept of rivals?
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 9:40:10 AM(UTC)
The Rivalmode, there the most aged Players are looking for is at least a cheap copy of the First FM7 Rivalmode Layout!

in serial Parameters? Goliath only once for a Ferrari
without any upgrades and open S2 class only???
Im totally with you.

wfr. Bub3812
#60 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:18:16 PM(UTC)
the Rivals in FH4 -The Mode, there the most aged Players are looking for is at least a cheap copy of the First FM7 Rivalmode Layout!

in serial Parameters?
d500 , c600 or b700???!!!!!?????
the open Leaderboard we are most excited to race
for is completely minimized to the storybased cars
we get by the developers.
so please lets go back to the Original Rivalmode --
with all available Tracks in all 7 classes & perhaps
in all 4 Seasons of a year.....
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 6:14:32 AM(UTC)
The Rivalmode, there the most aged Players are looking for is at least a cheap copy of the First FM7 Rivalmode Layout!

in serial Parameters?
PLEASE.give us back the Original classbased Rivalmode
with all available Tracks in all 7 classes.
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 12:27:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PURE NFS CRYS Go to Quoted Post

Please… fix that issue. Don’t wait a whole year to see players leaving the game (because timelappers are the ones who keep the game alive) to do something. Even The Crew 2 is better than Forza Horizon 4 in that sense. Bring Rivals Mode back to the way it must be!!

I would not express it better.
 4 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:19:36 AM(UTC)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

How much do we love Rivals Mode? If like me you like Rivals mode more than online racing and racing AI you may well be disappointed by the lack of custom Rivals options. For example, I have recently built and painted a #16 Lotus Exige R-GT replica up to A800. It looks great and goes well too. I went into Rivals to see where I can race it. Point to point rivals events are great. They are like doing a rally stage. I was very disappointed to see that there is only one event I could enter this car into. The “A” Class Elmsdon on Sea Sprint.

Now this is a great route, don’t get me wrong, but firstly, it is a bit odd suddenly switching into the middle of winter and back to autumn every time you enter the event. Secondly.... well there is no secondly because there are no other events to enter in this car.

Rivals mode has existed since before The original Forza Horizon. It has been embraced by every game since and it has grown into a bigger and better mode. FM7 made the mistake of trying to stop it to the uproar of the Forza community and they had to bring it back. Now FH4, without learning from the error of it’s older brother has gone and made the same mistake.

Please, Rivaleers, rally round and POST A REPLY if you too want to see every track for every class in every season come to FH4. Let the voice of the Forza community be heard again, loud and strong. Godspeed to you all my fellow Rivaleers. Let the games commence!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:20:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:48:49 AM(UTC)
I'm hoping open rivals will make a return with the route creator. I'll be quite disappointed if we can create our own dream courses only to have them spoiled by the AI crashing into us every few seconds.

That said, I do like the challenge of everyone using the same car in the same conditions on some of the rivals events. But I hope we get an option to run each route with open rivals soon, even if there's no online leaderboard per route, I like to test cars against each other and running against the AI brings far too many variables (mostly involving being crashed into regularly).
#65 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:39:32 AM(UTC)
I think just less of the specific car versions. Or at least when it is a really good track to also have the option of an open class. The Juggernaut has the best options so far, X, S1 and S2. Can’t they do that for some of the other routes and circuits? Also keep the variety of weather conditions, that’s a nice touch!
#66 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:36:09 AM(UTC)
I imagine a lot of people think drag racing and think classic muscle cars.

Wanted to try this out I was pleased to see an older car section. However there is no class restriction so all the top scores are S1 and S2.

Then there is another area that has only class "A", however there is no car type restriction so all the top scores are from the Peel P50.

They need to include both class and car type restriction otherwise we get silly car types competing.
 3 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 3:28:29 PM(UTC)
I miss class based rivals to! This mode is one of my favourites! Bring class based rivals on every route please! And would be great if it will be supported with route creator too. Come on - this is so simple and easy to do? Why do you keep removing it from second game in a row and then bringing it back after realising how players love it.
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:27:43 AM(UTC)
I really miss my Rivals.
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
 4 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:51:54 AM(UTC)
It's a shame, Rivals was a relaxing way to compete without diving into the often toxic cesspool of Forza multiplayer. I loved getting creative with different builds to get a sleeper up on the leader boards or battle back and forth with a club mate or friend. Best of all for us folks with jobs and kids it allowed me to do it on my time.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:25:42 AM(UTC)
I don't really understand all the complaining about FH4 Rivals. Yes, the workflow is poor, and I've raised some requests for improvements in the feature request thread, but the variety of events is very good, there's something for everyone in there. You've got stock events, division / car type events, class based events, events with tuning allowed with varying degrees of freedom.

For example, it has the following events for classes with no other restrictions:
A class: Road Racing, Elmsdon On Sea Sprint
S2 class: Road Racing, The Goliath
C class: Cross Country, Ambleside Rush Cross Country
S1 class: Cross Country, City Outskirts Cross Country
X, A S1 classes: various Drag Racing

It has a lot more events for a combination of car type and class, e.g.
B class Classic Muscle: Road Racing, Horizon Festival Circuit
S2 class Hypercars: Road Racing, Derwent Lakeside Sprint
C class Classic Sports Cars: Road Racing, Derwent Reservoir Sprint
etc

I think this is much better than having a leaderboard for every combination of track and car type, and every combination of track and class, as it concentrates competition into a smaller number of leaderboards, while still having enough of them that it would take a very long time to go through them all and experiment with every possible build for every event.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:27:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:53:21 AM(UTC)
Not everyone uses rivals as pure competition. I like to build and tune cars and use rivals to test and tweak those builds and tunes. I like to compete "against myself" on certain tracks I like in different builds I like. I will never be a top 10 leaderboard guy but love rivals for their versatility. One of my goals going in has always been top 50 rivals score on every track in every class. I have never reached this goal :) But it kept me busy and interested. Right now with the state of multiplayer that I hate with ultra restrictive rivals I am at a loss to find any reason to even play. I also enjoyed blueprinting championships but they won't even let us do that anymore. The wide open do anything you want endgame world that I loved has been taken away and I can't find a reason to keep playing. Open ended rivals alone would keep me busy and interested for years.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:58:10 AM(UTC)
How about they FIX the leaderboards first....

https://imgur.com/a/jccR7W8
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:40:51 AM(UTC)
What I don't understand is why having a not limited Rivals Mode would be worse than having a restricted one as you seem to like. There are a lot of category of racers... I like to race S2. What's left to me on Rivals mode? Goliath and Derwent Lake (raining)? FH3's Rivals mode was absolutely fantastic with all options available, and don't blame lost of focus. It's absolutely frustrating having to do races with restricted stock cars. I'm not even mentioning the tuning limitations where you don't have a proper place to test modifications. If you want to be focused on an event Monthly Rivals was always there. Just don't try to justify this atrocity they have made to the Rivals Mode. On FM7 they had to go back. They will have to do it as well on FH4 because that's what majority of Rivals mode players want.

Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I don't really understand all the complaining about FH4 Rivals. Yes, the workflow is poor, and I've raised some requests for improvements in the feature request thread, but the variety of events is very good, there's something for everyone in there. You've got stock events, division / car type events, class based events, events with tuning allowed with varying degrees of freedom.

For example, it has the following events for classes with no other restrictions:
A class: Road Racing, Elmsdon On Sea Sprint
S2 class: Road Racing, The Goliath
C class: Cross Country, Ambleside Rush Cross Country
S1 class: Cross Country, City Outskirts Cross Country
X, A S1 classes: various Drag Racing

It has a lot more events for a combination of car type and class, e.g.
B class Classic Muscle: Road Racing, Horizon Festival Circuit
S2 class Hypercars: Road Racing, Derwent Lakeside Sprint
C class Classic Sports Cars: Road Racing, Derwent Reservoir Sprint
etc

I think this is much better than having a leaderboard for every combination of track and car type, and every combination of track and class, as it concentrates competition into a smaller number of leaderboards, while still having enough of them that it would take a very long time to go through them all and experiment with every possible build for every event.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:43:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:46:09 AM(UTC)
That's an awful bug that happens when you gets inactive and start a Rivals mode event. It's a shame that it stills unpatched.
Originally Posted by: IBECKLEY Go to Quoted Post
How about they FIX the leaderboards first....

https://imgur.com/a/jccR7W8

5 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:22:08 AM(UTC)
We understand that class based rivals will also be separated by seasons. So whats the hold up?

The bigger question is how did this make it through development, alpha testing, beta testing and game release?

You know there is one guy at PG that is sitting there at his desk, feet propped up and his hands up in the air holding a sign, "Told you so!!!"
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
20 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error