This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 8 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 4:49:34 PM(UTC)
As a tuner and online racer this has screwed me good, maybe even killed the endgame for me. I used to use rivals to tune my cars so i would know for sure if i was getting faster or not. I just went to do that ready to go online and found i cant. Online racing is going to go down hill fast if theres no way to test and fine tune cars before hand. There isnt even a "time Trial" mode where you can race against your own ghost in each class for each track with AI wich seems programed to ram the player in this game. Im stunned. Of all the things i was worried about them getting wrong this didnt even enter my mind because its so simple and every tuner i know use it to help tune cars.
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 5:18:40 PM(UTC)
I can understand what the developers are trying to do with rivals, in that I think what FM7 has now, with a leaderboard for every class on 200 track variants, is just crazy. Most people are going to put in a decent effort on a tiny percentage of the leaderboards. I much prefer the small number of long term leaderboards that it has, with a few spec rivals, a few division rivals etc. When there's just a small number like that, and you know they'll be around for the lifespan of the game, it feels much more worthwhile to spend a few hours trying to really nail that perfect lap.

I also found FH1's street races enjoyable, where each race was restricted to a specific class, but there were different classes spread across different races. Again, this reduced the number of leaderboards to a more meaningful number compared to having a leaderboard for every class in every race. I spent a few hours over several days trying out different cars tuned to R3 800 for the Freeway Blast race to rack up Ultimate Passes. If it hadn't been limited to a single class, it wouldn't have had the same appeal.

Maybe what they could do with FH4 is to make each race route have a leaderboard for one additional class besides S2 998, but vary what that one additional class is, so you have a set of routes where you can do A class, another set where you can do B class etc. This would give people leaderboards to test tunes against for each class, but without creating a nonsensical number of leaderboards.
 4 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 6:06:43 PM(UTC)
The more I have played this weekend the more I have missed rivals. I don't even want to build/tune new cars because I don't have the capacity to really test them. There are no championships to blueprint and race in and online adventures are a joke now. If I had rivals at least I could build and test cars and try to set some times. As it is now I have played for 2 days and I think the game is done for me. I raced every race and only built out a handful of cars and have no desire to do anymore without a reason like rivals, a decent online experience (WITH CHOICE of class) or blueprint championships. Everything I liked to do in Horizon no longer exists.
#29 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 7:03:06 PM(UTC)
I am loving the game so far but this is quite disappointing.

I was looking forward to trying to fine tune some cars to set times on Rivals but it is not really an option at this point.

I really hope they get added in the future.
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2018 10:09:05 PM(UTC)
It is understandable that they had to change something. With each route having D through to S2 is a lot of data. To add 4 seasonal variants to this would be quite ridiculous. That would mean 24 leaderboards for each route.

What I don't like is how restricted it has become. To specify one car on a route is a real shame. And also you can't play a route in any season!

A realistic solution to this would be to have the menu as such

Race type selection first (as it is) - road, dirt, cross country
Route selection (as it is)
Season selection for that route with 1 pre selected car class

To add in each class is probably not possible, so a pre selected car class for each seasonal route variant would be a great idea. If they share the classes out evenly over all seasonal variants I think most people would make most people happy.

Also the fact you couldn't run every route in say A class would make the route that you can very popular.

E30
 5 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 2:08:37 AM(UTC)
Disappointed beyond belief at this decision. They’ve completely killed all experimentation with this move.

Unlock the damn boards and make it class based ONLY again!
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:12:05 AM(UTC)
I'll still do the limted rivals as they are, but I'm going to have to do proper rivals the low-tech way if Playground aren't doing them - a stopwatch (hopefully I can find a voice-activated app so I can keep both hands on the pad), spreadsheet and memorising the routes in the open world.
#33 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:16:39 AM(UTC)
Playground has to change it, because people will start to return the game in the ms store .. I think about it myself

second problem: mutliplayer system
Proud member of the "TiDY" club
 8 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 10:46:18 AM(UTC)
Message to Playground Games:

Why you do this to me? Why after poor Forza Motorsport 7 (in terms of Rivals) you are going this path and exclude class-based Rivals for every track and every class?
For example: I want to test my drag tune for D class car on The Juggernaut in Rivals mode but I can't. I know about blueprints but I want official, separate races for EVERY class, like it was in the past. Why you remove stuff which every Forza player loves?

PS. Sorry for my English but I hope you understand the problem.
 5 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:05:19 AM(UTC)
Hopefully it gets added in an update. I'm worried that not having class based rivals will make the end game less enjoyable. I spent so many hours in FH3 tuning and testing cars, it would be such a shame to lose that.
 9 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:37:23 AM(UTC)
I noticed that if you're racing on a circuit, the game doesn't differentiate between clean and dirty laps when showing your Best Lap. Not only is class based rivals not there, but some of the framework for having class based rivals isn't there, either.

Decisions like this are pretty hard to understand. It's a driving game. Being able to drive the routes and be timed seems like the bare minimum of what we should expect.

Another rivals decision that I completely don't get is that in street rivals that we DO have in the game, they decided to add randomly spawning traffic. First of all, the purpose of a having rivals is so that people can compete with all things being equal. Everyone gets the same course and the same clock. But throwing random traffic in a rivals event makes it so that every run is different. Sometimes you'll get traffic that is easily avoidable and doesn't effect the time. But other times ... you'll get anywhere from 1 to 3 traffic cars camping right in the apex of a corner, or driving on the wrong side of the road, or making a turn right in front of you from the wrong lane. You can either hit them and flag your time and lose, or skillfully change your apex, which slows you down, and lose. Any run where you get traffic right at the apex of a corner, which happens a ridiculously high percentage of the time, was doomed from the start. When the flag drops, you've just wasted 3 minutes of your life and don't even know it yet.

is it just the developers trolling us?

I ask because it's the same issue that people complained about in FH3 in regards to drift zones and speed zones, and it was intentionally changed in FH4 to be more player friendly. So I don't get how you can take the traffic variable out of drift zones and speed zones and then think it's a good idea to add it to rivals.

"Well, the players didn't seem to like having traffic arbitrarily spawn while trying to use the drift and speed zones, so let's add traffic to rivals and see if they've changed their mind about having traffic cars pop and wasting their time."

Nobody changed their mind on that. Nobody finds that aspect fun. When I die and I'm in my own private hell, I'll be playing FH4's street race rivals ... with no option to stop. It'll suck. I wish the developers would quit intentionally adding headaches to the game, and quit removing the good parts.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 12:07:03 PM(UTC)
Well said my friend.
I hope that weird things will be fixed in upcoming patches.
This is very good game but some aspects (like Rivals) should be changed.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 12:08:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 3:53:00 PM(UTC)
I can see keeping street cars on street races, but for Festival routes, the loss of Rivals is, imo, massive. I love the game, and have been trumpeting its goodness near & far -- but the lack of rivals/time trials is really inexcusable and incomprehensible.

Edited by user Monday, October 1, 2018 3:53:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 4:06:55 PM(UTC)
This game seemed like a never-ending parade of wonders, until I realized that there was no class-based Rivals function. I, also, used them for testing tunes & also learning courses. I hope T10/PG reconsider this choice. It's a massive flaw in an otherwise superb game.
#40 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 8:21:09 PM(UTC)
Well I guess this way they don't have to deal with the tuning glitch that some people used on leaderboards in previous games.

This actually brings into question a post seen on these forums previously from a Turn 10 employee who said homologation was not in FH4.

Well aren't we saying Rivals in FH4 is homologated?

Online sounds meh, rivals sounds very limited, quite underwhelmed but sadly predicted.
I blame the ants.
#41 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 9:26:16 PM(UTC)
My guess is that they’ll eventually introduce class based rivals once the player base is large enough.
#42 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:17:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RECAR DEEP5 Go to Quoted Post
Glad I'm passing on this one, Rivals has always been the best part imo.

You passed on many apparently, being on the forums since 2018 and all.
#43 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 11:43:36 PM(UTC)
I like it this new way. There is some sense in racing rivals now.
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:34:55 AM(UTC)
Whats the point of being able to buy and tune all those cars if you cant use them to test yourself and against other people easily. I m very disappointed by this restriction in the current rivals mode.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:22:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NukMasta Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RECAR DEEP5 Go to Quoted Post
Glad I'm passing on this one, Rivals has always been the best part imo.

You passed on many apparently, being on the forums since 2018 and all.

The forums are broken at the moment apparently. Everyone is listed as having joined in 2018.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:27:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungishOcean Go to Quoted Post
The more I have played this weekend the more I have missed rivals. I don't even want to build/tune new cars because I don't have the capacity to really test them.

Well said. I think exactly the same.

If developer is going this way just throw away the entire Performance Index...
I am sad and disapointed.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:28:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:04:33 PM(UTC)

Just sad I buy Ultimate to have fun with the multiplayer mode which runs worse anyway like Windows 95, and now THAT! Rival on compulsion ........... NO GO !!!!
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:36:09 PM(UTC)
I thought I would hate this. I still would love to have more freedom in rivals.

But I went to one of the rivals events, found the restrictions, bought a car and tuned it and then ran a few laps. In a way its refreshing not having to think through too many cars to find what may work.

I think a possible improvement would be that when they add weekly or monthly rivals events those events are permanently added. While it is still not complete freedom its adding to the pool of events to try.
I blame the ants.
 3 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:24:28 PM(UTC)
Once I saw how bad the Team Adventure was I thought to myself "Welp I guess I'll go build some cars and race rivals." The Forza Gods said "Nope, we changed that too." 😡
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 2 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:13:03 PM(UTC)
My favourite thing to do and only reason for playing fh3 for as long as I did was to get the quickest time in s2 grand tour sprint in Byron bay, when I loaded up a track I liked to try to be competitive on in fh4 I was shocked to find I was only allowed to do it in a stock bmw in a blizzard, what’s the deal with that!! Who wants that!?? No one!!!
20 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error