This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages<<1617181920PrevNext
#426 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 12:05:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WW 1978 POLAND Go to Quoted Post
Rewinding in Rivals Mode? It is like cheating ;) .

Back in Forza Horizon 2 it didn't dirty your lap!

Haven't been on the forums in a while (life gets in the way sometimes) but it is good to see that Class-Based Rivals have returned, so kudos to the team on turning that round.
 1 user liked this post.
#427 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:38:26 AM(UTC)
I am extremely happy to have rivals back! For me, the game is what is should have been at release. I'm looking forward to the work day being over for sure, for the first time in months I'm wanting to get on and run some laps!!

I'm very much looking forward to what having tracks to hotlap brings, various tuning comps and hotlap challenges! For anybody that's in interested, I'm sharing most of what I've run with throughout forzathons and the first few runs on rivals. I've only done road and drag tracks so far. Mostly just running what I've already got built in the garage. But I've shared a few D through S1 cars.

Anyway, I am very happy about this now being here. It really doesn't bother me that people have already gone all Peel P50 and TrakTor on the boards already. Not my cup of tea, there's plenty more things to build and run!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#428 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:24:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
It really doesn't bother me that people have already gone all Peel P50 and TrakTor on the boards already. Not my cup of tea, there's plenty more things to build and run!

Yeah, It's like drift zones. If I am first RWD, I am OK. Who cars it's flooded with AWD casuals.

#429 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:45:50 AM(UTC)
There's a bug where it sometimes doesn't save your lap to the leaderboard. I haven't worked out what exactly causes this, but I had it happen recently where I chose to carry on lapping rather than collect the reward, so that might be it. I did a stint with tens of laps, doing a clean lap faster than my PB numerous times, but afterwards there was no time at all on the leaderboard for me.
#430 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:10:52 AM(UTC)
D class rivals.

Peel Trident.

What's up with that? That's a magic car right there.
 2 users liked this post.
#431 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:23:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
It seems like the Track-Tor is overpowered on some C & B tracks. On Moorhead Circuit B-class I've beaten the previous #1 by Abell 370 (whom I consider a better driver than myself) by 2.2 seconds with my Track-Tor. Without having a flawless lap.
On C-class my Track-Tor is on #1 by over 2 seconds as well. Also without a flawless lap.
Over 1000 bhp on B-class and 740 bhp on C-class is just waaay to much, despite its high drag value.

agreed Rayne. too OP. it's the bone shaker of B class
 1 user liked this post.
#432 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:41:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
I am extremely happy to have rivals back! For me, the game is what is should have been at release. I'm looking forward to the work day being over for sure, for the first time in months I'm wanting to get on and run some laps!!

I'm very much looking forward to what having tracks to hotlap brings, various tuning comps and hotlap challenges! For anybody that's in interested, I'm sharing most of what I've run with throughout forzathons and the first few runs on rivals. I've only done road and drag tracks so far. Mostly just running what I've already got built in the garage. But I've shared a few D through S1 cars.

Anyway, I am very happy about this now being here. It really doesn't bother me that people have already gone all Peel P50 and TrakTor on the boards already. Not my cup of tea, there's plenty more things to build and run!

I've run a few routes for you to chase Zepp. They're mainly in B and C class at the moment, including some on Lego Island.
I have a few B class cars shared, with a sprinkling of A class cars.
 4 users liked this post.
#433 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:19:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post
It seems like the Track-Tor is overpowered on some C & B tracks. On Moorhead Circuit B-class I've beaten the previous #1 by Abell 370 (whom I consider a better driver than myself) by 2.2 seconds with my Track-Tor. Without having a flawless lap.
On C-class my Track-Tor is on #1 by over 2 seconds as well. Also without a flawless lap.
Over 1000 bhp on B-class and 740 bhp on C-class is just waaay to much, despite its high drag value.

After all the Boneshaker/overpower unrest, to finally restore Rivals but release another multi-class monster to wash out even more classes that havent even been run thru is kind of a d*** thing to do. Its like a big, foam middle finger to go with the coveted leaderboards...

Edited by user Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:02:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#434 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 9:19:33 PM(UTC)
Doing rivals has reminded me of how awful some of the tracks are. Cobblestone walls, blind hills and stupid turns. Cross Country which used to be my favorite has some real **** ones. Don't get me wrong there are some great tracks but some just suck. I guess I'll just always hate this game in some way based on the moronic decisions that were made to take a great franchise and dumb it down.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#435 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 6:16:04 AM(UTC)
Try Fortune Island! There are some great asphalt tracks there. I laid down a few starter rivals with my D499 Porsche 550 yesterday.
 1 user liked this post.
#436 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 12:11:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

After all the Boneshaker/overpower unrest, to finally restore Rivals but release another multi-class monster to wash out even more classes that havent even been run thru is kind of a d*** thing to do. Its like a big, foam middle finger to go with the coveted open class rivals...

The only reason why you miss something so basic is because you don't care and you don't share. Now damage is done and you can bet that like for BS , like for FH3 sub2004, they will do simply nothing; Some will tell that there will always be a top vehicle / trying to hide the gap between it and the others which is the actual issue.

Adding ; last dirt rivals I went, tracktor was 5 seconds ahead of any other cars. 5 seconds ahead of 1mn30 lap race in B class ...

Edited by user Monday, July 8, 2019 1:49:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#437 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 2:18:39 AM(UTC)
Can you imagine class-based PR stunts? Gameplay improvement big and dev effort minimal. I know it's a big step but I don't like to do everything with X class. It could be great.
#438 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:11:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

After all the Boneshaker/overpower unrest, to finally restore Rivals but release another multi-class monster to wash out even more classes that havent even been run thru is kind of a d*** thing to do. Its like a big, foam middle finger to go with the coveted open class rivals...

The only reason why you miss something so basic is because you don't care and you don't share. Now damage is done and you can bet that like for BS , like for FH3 sub2004, they will do simply nothing; Some will tell that there will always be a top vehicle / trying to hide the gap between it and the others which is the actual issue.

Adding ; last dirt rivals I went, tracktor was 5 seconds ahead of any other cars. 5 seconds ahead of 1mn30 lap race in B class ...

Um, ...I beg your pardon? Not really following you on the 'what i miss/dont care/dont share' thing...

Edited by user Monday, July 8, 2019 3:28:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#439 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:22:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Um, ...I beg your pardon? Not really following you on the 'what i miss/dont care/dont share' thing...

Sorry, my english is not precise enough, I was not pointing anyone but the PG Team there. PG team is not paying attention to details/side effects and if they had shared about this to any involved players they would not have screwed B class rivals.

Edited by user Monday, July 8, 2019 4:26:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#440 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:59:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: heliogt2 Go to Quoted Post
D class rivals.

Peel Trident.

What's up with that? That's a magic car right there.

Weighs nothing, has a motorcycle engine. Accelerates faster than anything else in the Class.

Lower Classes have generally favoured acceleration over handling in Forza titles (especially in Horizon games) so it's no surprise that the fastest-accelerating car in the Class is the strongest.
#441 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 5:26:39 AM(UTC)
But... on ovals like for example Falcon Loop Lego, Peel Trident maxed out in D or C class is not so strong nor overpowered :) .
#442 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 6:43:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
There's a bug where it sometimes doesn't save your lap to the leaderboard. I haven't worked out what exactly causes this, but I had it happen recently where I chose to carry on lapping rather than collect the reward, so that might be it. I did a stint with tens of laps, doing a clean lap faster than my PB numerous times, but afterwards there was no time at all on the leaderboard for me.

In case, happened to me after having selected the continue option and later clicked on the restart to change the tune settings. Personally, not a concern as if I am restarting it is that I am not satisfied with my lap time until then.

#443 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 7:05:54 AM(UTC)
Having to escape Rivals to change car is just pain ...

board not keeping all my cars best lap is too. I have to take note of my cars times + try to find manually those who managed better with same car as me AND did not make a better score with another car.
The data quantity is just a joke argument there, it is text data, ultimately simple to store,filter;order without any performance issue. Complexity of display is another one, just filter by default on each player best time and default display is the same... Would have been so much a fix to BS and tracktor.

1 user liked this post.
#444 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 7:37:43 AM(UTC)
I wish more people were setting times.

Goliath (earlier today)

S1: 324
A: 177
B: 67
C: 34
D: 88

#445 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:04:00 AM(UTC)
Leaderboard keeps your best time for every class, not your best time for every car. Seems legit:) .
 4 users liked this post.
#446 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:44:07 AM(UTC)
It would be nice to change cars whilst in rivals..... it would also be nice to see where you have placed without quiting out.

As far as a leaderboard for each car.... cool idea but I wonder how populated each board would be.
#447 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:07:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GhettoSmurf UK Go to Quoted Post
It would be nice to change cars whilst in rivals..... it would also be nice to see where you have placed without quiting out.

As far as a leaderboard for each car.... cool idea but I wonder how populated each board would be.

That was the same in FH3. Would be nice to filter by car type.
#448 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:24:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Can you imagine class-based PR stunts? Gameplay improvement big and dev effort minimal. I know it's a big step but I don't like to do everything with X class. It could be great.

I like it! Gives the stunts a completely new meaning! I might have to make some speed zone attempts in a Class D....for my own gratification.

re: Class Based Leaderboards.......... additional filtering to show "Car Types" would add more fun. I mean..... some of the car types just aren't competitive against newer types.
#449 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:47:24 AM(UTC)
Leaderboard keeps your best time for every class, not your best time for every car. Seems legit:) .

The numbers I posted was how many times have been set total in each class.

#450 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 10:18:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post

The numbers I posted was how many times have been set total in each class.

I posted more times in Fortune Island and Lego Land than mainland.
20 Pages<<1617181920PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error