20 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#401 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:42:59 PM(UTC)
The new rivals feature is wildly popular. I've just set times for A, S1, S2 classes on Lakehurst Forest Sprint, a very popular track for testing. There are 4, 8 and 12 people on the world leaderboards. Yes, the first sentence was sarcasm.

OTOH the Top Gear first story has 112,644 entries on the world leaderboard.

So I think it's clear why the game is the way it is.
#402 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:42:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
The new rivals feature is wildly popular. I've just set times for A, S1, S2 classes on Lakehurst Forest Sprint, a very popular track for testing. There are 4, 8 and 12 people on the world leaderboards. Yes, the first sentence was sarcasm.

OTOH the Top Gear first story has 112,644 entries on the world leaderboard.

So I think it's clear why the game is the way it is.

Yup. I just did 2 tracks in A and I'm in the top 10 on both with not having played this game hardly at all. Better get on and set some times people because if they see that it isn't being utilized this could be the last we see of it in this series.

Also they didn't give you the ability to pick a different car without leaving and coming back. Shocking? Amirite?

Didn't someone make a club specifically for Rivals? Can't find the post.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#403 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:55:24 PM(UTC)
If anyone is interested and doesn't have any kind of loyalty to the club they are in I made one called Hot Lapping Heroes. How creative right?
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 5 users liked this post.
#404 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:58:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Yup. I just did 2 tracks in A and I'm in the top 10 on both with not having played this game hardly at all. Better get on and set some times people because if they see that it isn't being utilized this could be the last we see of it in this series.

In fairness, they'd be a lot more populated if the feature had been there from the start. At this stage, I've done masses of testing, and don't really have the appetite to do it all over again.
#405 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:54:22 PM(UTC)
I think I am going to do a bunch of rivals, to test my cars, see if some others are interesting to tune.
So far
- I miss winter and rain ... on this rivals ... FH4 brings seasons support was the advertise ...
- BS is for sure going to flood most of A all road types and S1 dirt too.
- No way to change car without coming back to road/menu and restarting rivals from scratch
- No filter on cars- Lego fan are also joining which I admit is, for me, something I would like to be able to filter ( just like BS btw )
- Once the Top Gear done I guess there will be more people on the Rivals.
- It was fun to be able to be 1st of all classes for a same track ... last few hours but I don't care will never happen again on FH4 for me so I took the opportunity.
- Expert 1% and others are coming with ultimate tunes, wheel controllers on PC ... no way to fight but it's ok.
They managed a copy/paste of FH3 feature without a single improvement ... at least regression is fixed, hoourra ..

Why no rivals card ?
 1 user liked this post.
#406 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:45:23 AM(UTC)
I will play it for sure, because I didn't before and it will be great but many HC players already moved to other games. It's doesn't make sense to wait 9 months for complete game.
#407 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 5:42:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
I will play it for sure, because I didn't before and it will be great but many HC players already moved to other games. It's doesn't make sense to wait 9 months for complete game.

Share the same, lost like all my FH3 club mates... :(

Despite, I admit I am quite surprised they finally did it ... this feature is so far away from the current target of FH ...

Possibly the voice of very few here was heard unlike some others insist indicating it does not count.

2 users liked this post.
#408 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:12:46 AM(UTC)
Thank you very much! I love you Playground Games!

Now it is time to build some D- Class and C-Class rockets on wheels :) .
#409 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:50:52 AM(UTC)
Set a A & B-class Goliath time but there is just no one to compare right now.
 1 user liked this post.
#410 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:44:50 AM(UTC)
Is anyone having horrendous issues with rewind when doing rivals atm? I find it is important in many tracks to set up the first corner well; but currently it seems to fail more than 75% of the time and makes the whole process a massive chore.
 1 user liked this post.
#411 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:12:20 PM(UTC)
Rivals is a big big land, months of play time over there, none should expect to have suddenly every races populated with thousands of scores, it takes so much time.

It would have been filled quicker if only allowing several scores on the same track each associated to a different car but ... I stop before someone push me to the wish thread dark hole ... or accusing me of spamming.

Personally, I like that feature, I am so far from the best players but, at least, it gives me a clear view on my actual level and opportunity to test and compare my cars without those damned drivatars.
#412 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:16:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Exsurgolol Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone having horrendous issues with rewind when doing rivals atm?

Yes, one of the many problems that is never fixed in any update.
 2 users liked this post.
#413 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:30:00 PM(UTC)
Rewinding in Rivals Mode? It is like cheating ;) .
 1 user liked this post.
#414 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:43:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WW 1978 POLAND Go to Quoted Post
Rewinding in Rivals Mode? It is like cheating ;) .

Come on, Rivals is also for learning and anyway, anytime you use it disqualifies the lap.

1 user liked this post.
#415 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:54:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

Share the same, lost like all my FH3 club mates... :(

Despite, I admit I am quite surprised they finally did it ... this feature is so far away from the current target of FH ...

Possibly the voice of very few here was heard unlike some others insist indicating it does not count.

Exactly.

I think it's possible that rivals are not that cool as we think. It's pretty good for having full racing experience but maybe it wasn't so popular in Horizon 3. I don't know how else it's possible to delay so small and important thing 9 months.

I played today and it's exactly what I needed. I could probably find some improvements but it's good enough for playing. Only the Playlist destroys my fun with the game but what can we do :D
 4 users liked this post.
#416 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:36:56 PM(UTC)
I am having a blast down in D Class.... yes, the leaderboards are quite but they are no worse than what FM7's looked like on day 2.

Also don't forget in previous Horizon games your campaign races logged a relevant class based leaderboard time. That does not appear to be the case now.

Anyway... add me if you like, I'm gonna be busy with rivals for a long time
 2 users liked this post.
#417 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:09:02 PM(UTC)
I'm also hitting the D and I've seen a few of your ghosts aleady ghettosmurf

It's like having a whole brand new game in D class, since there was never any incentive to build these cars before. I've no idea what's good. Can't get some of the engine swaps that were available in FH3, that much I've learned. Still, seems to be a good balance of power(ish) and grip(ish) so far.

I don't appreciate people setting #1 in the world times with the Peel 50 around the village circuit though, I can tell you that ;-)
 1 user liked this post.
#418 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:18:09 PM(UTC)

hey smurf, i do recognize you gt. saw you earlier today on the lb's at Tarn Sows in D. think i caught you too... uh oh. j/k

i'm just glad rivals is back. my club mates feel we have an entirely new game since the MP update and the addition of class based rivals. it's closer to what most would have expected FH4 to be on release

#419 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:41:15 PM(UTC)
Message to Moderator:
Just erase a word "issue" from this thread please.
Now we have our beloved game mode back and it is working fine.
Do not mislead people with the wrong title ;) .
 2 users liked this post.
#420 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:46:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WW 1978 POLAND Go to Quoted Post
Message to Moderator:
Just erase a word "issue" from this thread please.
Now we have our beloved game mode back and it is working fine.
Do not mislead people with the wrong title ;) .

Done. 👍
 2 users liked this post.
#421 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:35:49 AM(UTC)
Everybody just needs to relax with rivals. First, it's an extended holiday weekend in the US, so some people may very well be preoccupied with plans ― I know I am and I've hardly been able to touch the xbox at all and likely wont thru the weekend (and it's killing me already).

But second and more importantly, as I believe Tilo touched on, rivals represents a *ton* of content to tackle. There are 106 Road Racing events in just the Lego expansion alone, and would take more than just a few minutes for even the most prepared leaderboard enthusiast to blow through. And then theres the peripheral tuning one is compelled to do as a result of competition, so , just relax and enjoy it.

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:17:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#422 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:32:27 PM(UTC)
Sorry, it was me that had created the club for rivals.

Had a name change though... it is now

[-RH-]
Rival Hunters

Just thought it would be nice to get a group of like minded people together and pepper the leaderboards with the same tag.
#423 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:18:22 PM(UTC)
As thrilled as I am that this has returned, I still want more. I think the ghosting should be optional. Don't force us to race ghosts. Or maybe give us a 1 v 1 mode. That'd be great. I know there's the free roam challenge, but those are too short. I wanna be able to race a full Goliath against only one other driver. FM7 lets us set races up this way, why not allow us to pick how many opponents we want?
 1 user liked this post.
#424 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:45:26 PM(UTC)
Ghosts are optional... you can turn them off in settings
 1 user liked this post.
#425 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:57:54 PM(UTC)
It seems like the Track-Tor is overpowered on some C & B tracks. On Moorhead Circuit B-class I've beaten the previous #1 by Abell 370 (whom I consider a better driver than myself) by 2.2 seconds with my Track-Tor. Without having a flawless lap.
On C-class my Track-Tor is on #1 by over 2 seconds as well. Also without a flawless lap.
Over 1000 bhp on B-class and 740 bhp on C-class is just waaay to much, despite its high drag value.
20 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error